Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

The Green Lantern. 8/10 Forgot I saw this on FX for the first time this past weekend.

Shame this movie didn't set the box office on fire. It had a good story, great special effects and a great superhero. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Gravity was awesome. It's a must see in IMAX as it is more immersive that way.

Captain Phillips was really good too. Tom hanks and the protagonist do a great job. I love reading all the comments over how it is not accurate to the true events etc etc... Well yeah it's a movie, they can't reenact everything that happened. Things are simplified to fit a narrative
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
Captain Phillips was really good too. Tom hanks and the protagonist do a great job. I love reading all the comments over how it is not accurate to the true events etc etc... Well yeah it's a movie, they can't reenact everything that happened. Things are simplified to fit a narrative
:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://nypost.com/2013/10/13/crew-membe ... s-heroism/
Crew members: ‘Captain Phillips’ is one big lie
It’s made for Hollywood: the story of an average American family man, captain of a cargo ship in dangerous waters, his vessel overtaken by armed Somali pirates demanding ransom, saving his crew by allowing himself to be removed from the boat and taken hostage.

All of this is the basis for “Captain Phillips,” starring Tom Hanks as the titular, real-life hero. The only problem, say some members of the real Capt. Phillips’ crew, is none of it is true.

Capt. Richard Phillips, they say, is no hero, and the film is one big lie.
Modal Trigger

The Maersk Alabama leaving the Port of Mombasa, Kenya in 2009.Photo: AP Photo/Sayyid Azim

“Phillips wasn’t the big leader like he is in the movie,” says one crew member, who, for legal reasons, spoke with The Post anonymously. He worked very closely with Phillips on the Maersk Alabama and was alarmed by his behavior from the beginning. Phillips, he says, had a bad reputation for at least 12 years prior, known as a sullen and self-righteous captain.

“No one wants to sail with him,” he says.

After the hijacking, 11 crew members have sued Maersk Line and the Waterman Steamship Corp. for almost $50 million, alleging “willful, wanton and conscious disregard for their safety.” Phillips is a witness for the defense.

“The crew had begged Captain Phillips not to go so close to the Somali coast,” said Deborah Waters, the attorney who brought the claim. “He told them he wouldn’t let pirates scare him or force him to sail away from the coast.”
ImageImage
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Merci la vie (1991) - 6/10. Unconventional drama with Charlotte Gainsbourg about like AIDS and stuff.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
There's a difference between dramatic licence and simplification and something that parades fiction as fact.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Gravity - 9/10.

Extremely well done.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
vodevillian
Opening for Slaughter

Post by vodevillian »

We Need To Talk About Kevin - 8/10

Managed to make me feel incredibly uncomfortable throughout the whole thing, which is pretty much what they set out to do. That Ezra Miller dude should have been nominated for more awards than Tilda Swinton for that one. It was probably the best performance of a sociopath that I've ever seen.

Every parent should watch that film to make them realize that pride should never come in to play when raising a child. The whole time I just got more and more pissed that they weren't getting help for him after he showed the obvious signs of being fucked in the head, always giving the "boys will be boys" excuse.
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Burton and Taylor (2013) Helena Bonham Carter

Movie is set in early 80's when they did a play together in NYC it was just blah 5/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
TravisBicklesMohawk

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Merci la vie (1991) - 6/10. Unconventional drama with Charlotte Gainsbourg about like AIDS and stuff.
Thanks for the head's up on that one. I love Charlotte Gainsbourg and it saddens me that she's barely known in this country. *sigh*
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Yeah, I'll watch her in just about anything.

Mahler (1974) - 8/10. Awesome surreal biopic about Austrian composer Gustav Mahler, directed by Ken Russell, the weirdo genius who also made Altered States, Gothic, Tommy, The Music Lovers and tons of other great shit.
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

vodevillian wrote:We Need To Talk About Kevin - 8/10

Managed to make me feel incredibly uncomfortable throughout the whole thing, which is pretty much what they set out to do. That Ezra Miller dude should have been nominated for more awards than Tilda Swinton for that one. It was probably the best performance of a sociopath that I've ever seen.

Every parent should watch that film to make them realize that pride should never come in to play when raising a child. The whole time I just got more and more pissed that they weren't getting help for him after he showed the obvious signs of being fucked in the head, always giving the "boys will be boys" excuse.

I loved this one. It's absolutely bleak all the way through.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

All are 7/10:

Wonders Of The Solar System Disc 2

The Naked Gun 33⅓

The Host
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
TravisBicklesMohawk

Paranormal Activity 1 and 2. 2/10 for both.

FX had a marathon before AHS, so I reluctantly watched just to kill time. Good God, these movies really suck.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

Lost Boys - 9.5/10
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

Parkland - 9/10. Very well done movie about the aftermath of the Kennedy assassination. Focuses on hospital staff, Zapruder, Oswald family, and secret service agents.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains (1982) - 7/10. Can't believe I've never seen this! Corny and 80s as fuck, but that's how rock movies are supposed to be. Diane Lane is hot in it despite the ridiculous getup.

Dikkenek (2006) - 8/10. Absurd Belgian comedy with the funniest characters I've seen in a "foreign" film in a long time. How they got both Mélanie Laurent and Marion Cotillard to be hot in it is beyond me.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains (1982) - 7/10. Can't believe I've never seen this! Corny and 80s as fuck, but that's how rock movies are supposed to be. Diane Lane is hot in it despite the ridiculous getup.
Saw it on cable TV (Night Flight on USA) when I was a kid. Bought the uncut version as a boot video tape on Ebay in the 90s. I still love that fucking movie. Along with Another State Of Mind, one of the things that drew me to punk.
The "Looters". :mrgreen:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains (1982) - 7/10. Can't believe I've never seen this! Corny and 80s as fuck, but that's how rock movies are supposed to be. Diane Lane is hot in it despite the ridiculous getup.
Saw it on cable TV (Night Flight on USA) when I was a kid.
Nice! Same here.
TravisBicklesMohawk

Fletch wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:
Saw it on cable TV (Night Flight on USA) when I was a kid.
Nice! Same here.
That's Jac Mac and Rad boy on your signature. Remember that madness? :lol:
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

Klown.
2010 Danish comedy

I'm not sure what I'd rate it. I was funny but the 'pearl necklace' scene just about did me in from laughter.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage
theglammerthebetter

Warm Bodies(2013)

Romantic comedy between a zombie and normal girl

I just adore Teresa Palmer for my taste she's one of the prettiest actress right now just stunning ,this was a very fun movie 8/10

+it was shot in Montreal so it was fun spotting all the places i know
theglammerthebetter

Seven Psychopaths(2012) Colin farrell, sam rockwell, christopher walken, woody harrelson

Top notch cast violent, funny, Abbie Cornish in a wet t shirt 8/10

Opening scene was pretty cool for Boardwalk empire fans Arnold Rothsein and Jimmy :lol:
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Straw Dogs (2011) - 5/10. Think I liked the original more.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
TravisBicklesMohawk

Freaks. 10/10 Tod Browning is on of the best film directors ever.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Buffalo '66 (1998) - 7/10. Vincent Gallo rocks, although the movie drags a bit at times. I've never been a huge fan of Christina Ricci, but I do appreciate her being hot in this.

Innocence (2004) - 6/10. Weird French movie about little girls at a ballet boarding school. Nothing really happens and I have no idea what it's supposed to be about, but it's definitely creepy - to the point of Marion Cotillard being uncharacteristically not very hot in it.
Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cyd »

MARK OF THE VAMPIRE. 1935 Bela Lugosi, Lionel Barrymore. Creepy. Neat LARGE flying bats (you can barely see the wires) and giant cobwebs. No music made it more horrifying. White faced Lugosi as the Count was never better. What an actor. Love him. 8/10
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Bighole wrote:MARK OF THE VAMPIRE. 1935 Bela Lugosi, Lionel Barrymore. Creepy. Neat LARGE flying bats (you can barely see the wires) and giant cobwebs. No music made it more horrifying. White faced Lugosi as the Count was never better. What an actor. Love him. 8/10
First TravisBicklesMOhawk mentions a Tod Browning film, Freaks and now so do you. I was coming to the thread to talk about London After MIdnight, the lost Browning film that Mark of the Vampire was a remake of.

London After Midnight is a lost film from 1927, but about 10 years ago a photographic reconstruction was made, based on a script and stills taken from the set (abut 200 of them). It was interesting, though I don't know if I could actually score it. It got me reading about it last night after watching it...
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
purplrex
Opening for Slaughter

Post by purplrex »

I love this time of the year and TCM. They show all the cool old horror movies. Yeah, I watched Freaks last night too. 10/10
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Anyone that rates Freaks less than a 10, is a fool.

I love Leila Hyams.
monkeyboy32
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by monkeyboy32 »

Rewatched Old Boy and Audition last night.

Old Boy-9/10
Audition-8/10

Truly great, unsettling films