Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by DSAB »

Terror Firmer - a Troma masterpiece, right down to the fat dude running naked in Times Square. 8/10
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Gazpacho wrote:
Inessence wrote:Kinsey - 3.5/5

Kept me interested.

Why must you rate on a 5 scale?

Get with the program....1-10
It's my review and I make the rules.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

The Legend of Hercules: 5/10
A whole lot of meh. During the film, my mind kept playing with the thought that I'm really not that well versed in the differences between Hercules, Thor and He-Man.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Hungry Like the Wolf of Wall Street. I give it no rating. Can't remember the last time I turned off the TV after 3 hours having no idea what the fuck I just saw.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

johnk5150 wrote:Hungry Like the Wolf of Wall Street. I give it no rating. Can't remember the last time I turned off the TV after 3 hours having no idea what the fuck I just saw.
I'm gonna start watching movies with you. 8)
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Hurls34
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Hurls34 »

Oculus: 5.5/10
This one originally had rental written all over it, but Richard Roeper convinced me I had to see this now giving it an A in his review.
I think he was high. Its a Mediocre horror movie that had its moments and was watchable, but didn't live up to the magnitude that he hyped it up to be.
And when the opening credit was a WWE films logo, I already had a bad feeling about it.

This is the second time Roeper misled me and sent me up the river (or is it down the river in this case) when he recommended I see the shitfest that was The Councilor, which was easily the worst movie I saw all last year.
This one wasn't nearly as bad... but what the fuck he watching?
Yorgi: Now that buisness is finished, We party. Kolya!!!

Kolya: Bitches, come!!!!
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Grendel wrote:Blue Ruin - interesting revenge flick. 9/10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJo1qrr_8Hc
I watched this last night.

I only give it an 8/10 ... I didn't like the death scene.. and there were no flashbacks to the murders. (would have been nice to see what was tormenting the guy.
I did, however, love the way it ended. :D
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

The Master - no f'n clue what it was that I just watched, but nice merkin scene.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

I'll Take Sweden - 9/10. Tuesday Weld, Bob Hope and Frankie Avalon.

It's a cute, fun movie. Bob Holcomb (Hope) will do anything to stop his daughter JoJo (Weld) from tying the knot withher lazy boyfriend (Avalon), even move her all the way to Sweden! But once they're "safely" out of the country, JoJo falls for a sly Swedish playboy. Content with a new love of his own (Merrill) and faced with the prospect of more heartbreak for JoJo, Bob makes secret plans for another international trip one that should make everyone happy.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Transsiberian (2008) - 7/10. Nice train thriller about Russian drug trafficking and stupid tourists. Woody Harrelson resumes his role from Cheers and Kate Mara is pretty.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Transsiberian (2008) - 7/10. Nice train thriller about Russian drug trafficking and stupid tourists. Woody Harrelson resumes his role from Cheers and Kate Mara is pretty.
I thought that was pretty decent
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Don Jon(2013) Joseph gordon levitt ,scarlett johansson, julianne moore and tony fucking danza

Loved it ,could really relate to some parts of it 9/10, bonus points for the Marky Mark music :D
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Dead And Buried - 6/10

The Tortured - 7/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
puzzleface

Post by puzzleface »

To Live And Die In LA - 10/10

One of my favorite gritty crime films of all time. William Petersen, Willem Dafoe, John Turturro and Dean Stockwell. Great cast and a brilliant story.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Amazing Spider Man 2

6.5/10

Caught this last night. Not horrible but disappointing. There were parts of it that were really good like Peter Parker and Gwen's interactions, action scenes with Spidey. The bad is just really bad...the villains, Parkers parents story, the soundtrack, etc. Im not sure who watched Batman Forever and thought the Riddler story would work better in the Spidey movies as Electro. Electro's theme song is reminiscent of Otis' in Superman. What were they thinking?
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Amazing Spider Man 2

Electro's theme song is reminiscent of Otis' in Superman. What were they thinking?
Holy shit, that is spot-on mate.
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by TenBenny »

6.5/10

Caught this last night. Not horrible but disappointing. There were parts of it that were really good like Peter Parker and Gwen's interactions, action scenes with Spidey. The bad is just really bad...the villains, Parkers parents story, the soundtrack, etc. Im not sure who watched Batman Forever and thought the Riddler story would work better in the Spidey movies as Electro. Electro's theme song is reminiscent of Otis' in Superman. What were they thinking?
Yeah, that rating is about right. I'd maybe give it a 6. All the Peter/Gwen stuff was good and all the villain stuff was lousy (save for a bit of the Goblin stuff). The whole thing with Peter's parents I have little use for. Focusing on the stories with Peter, Gwen, Aunt May and just one villain would have been way better. There was just too much going on in this movie.

Funny enough, I just read a review of this that mentioned the goofy Otis theme aspect. What exactly were Zimmer/Webb thinking? It totally undercut any dramatic power Dillon's/Electro's character might have had.
theglammerthebetter

The world's end(2013) Simon Pegg, Nick frost

Started out great, a bunch of 40 year old guys going back to their hometown to try to do a 12 pub crawl they couldnt complete 20 years ago, then a bunch of robots showed up and it turned to shit 6/10
pulsar0510

Post by pulsar0510 »

Frozen 4/10.
Shoulda known. Kept hearing how great it was, how it didn't matter it was a kids film, it was a Disney return-to-form masterpiece. Nope. Piece of shit is more like it. Nonsensical plot, wretched songs, flat, annoying characters. Yeah, the love twist was a surprise and the animation was great but that only gets you 4 stars. Avoid it like the plague and don't show it to your kids unless you hate them.
Lies are the words that I use when you look up hopefully
TravisBicklesMohawk

6.5/10

Agreed 100%. We've already seen this shit before.

On the other hand, Captain America: The Winter Soldier was totally original in it's story and character plot line and kicked Spiderman's ass on every level.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
theglammerthebetter

Insidious Chapter 2 (2013) Rose Byrne, Barbara Hershey

Who the fuck likes this shit ? fell asleep had to rewind it, so tired of all these paranormal movies 3/10
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Ted - 7/10.

Anchorman 2 - 6/10.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

^^ What? No hot chicks?
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

I figured pretty much everybody has seen those recently, so my expertise wasn't really needed here. However, I can confirm at this point that Mila Kunis and Christina Applegate are indeed not beneath my standards and I'd like to apologize for any confusion in this matter.

I've also watched La chute de la maison Usher a.k.a. The Fall of the House of Usher the other day, I just remembered. Definitely like that one better than Corman's House of Usher with Vincent Price. Isn't there even a new remake of that?
monkeyboy32
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by monkeyboy32 »

the quiet ones- 7.5/10 Decent movie, interesting ending. Well done as far as directing and acting go. I'm getting to be over this kind of crap though
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:I've also watched La chute de la maison Usher a.k.a. The Fall of the House of Usher the other day, I just remembered. Definitely like that one better than Corman's House of Usher with Vincent Price. Isn't there even a new remake of that?
I don't know about that, but have you heard they're remaking The Abominable Dr. Phibes with Willem Dafoe as Phibes? That's sweet.
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

caroline wrote:
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:I've also watched La chute de la maison Usher a.k.a. The Fall of the House of Usher the other day, I just remembered. Definitely like that one better than Corman's House of Usher with Vincent Price. Isn't there even a new remake of that?
I don't know about that, but have you heard they're remaking The Abominable Dr. Phibes with Willem Dafoe as Phibes? That's sweet.
Are you sure? Last I read it was going to be a Tim Burton/Johnny Depp remake.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
TravisBicklesMohawk

caroline wrote:

Whose gonna be Vulnavia? They better NOT fuck that up.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Beyotch_Knowles
Destiny's Bastard

Post by Beyotch_Knowles »

The Wolf of Wall Street - 10/10