Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Tracks (2013) - 5/10.

Had high expectations for this because I'm a sucker for deserts and camels and road movies, but it's totally ruined by the protagonist (real story and shit) being an insufferable teen bitch with no purpose. You get clubbered over the head constantly throughout the movie with her boring childhood traumas and the trip doesn't even matter. I was almost happy when her stupid dog died. Finally, some decent weltschmerz. Well, at least the Australian outback landscapes looked real nice.

Dark Water (2005) - 5/10.

Jennifer Connelly is hot, but nothing in this horror (?) film made sense to me. I guess it's a remake from a Japanese film, so that's to be expected.

theglammerthebetter wrote:@sebastianleedanzig whats will all the french films, Do you watch them in french, dubbed or with subtitles?
I watch the originals. Helps me improve my French, which is pretty much my point in searching out all that stuff.
Fozzie Osbourne
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Fozzie Osbourne »

Z FOR ZACHARIAH (Directed by Craig Zobel. With Chiwetel Ejiofor, Chris Pine, Margot Robbie)
This is an A+ all the way.
There are only three characters in movie…. although a strong case could be made that the cinematography is the fourth character. This film is gorgeous.
In short; the film begins several years after a nuclear war…. and the planet is ravaged, except for this one small valley, which is somehow unaffected by radiation. It is beautiful. Paradise.
This film is an allegory for the story of the garden of eden… "Amy" is Eve. "Loomis" is Adam. And "Caleb" is the snake.
There is no action, but… it is riveting.
Flawless.
Venus Flytrap wrote:Listened to the new Duran Duran album today. It's gweeto club music.
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

Sicario 7/10.

Benecio Del Toro was cool. Emily Blunt was annoying, Josh Brolin didn't really have any cool action scenes. Decent story with a few cool parts, but overall kind of meh.
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Redemption(2013) Jason Statham Probably one of his best film, good story, good acting 8/10
Last edited by theglammerthebetter on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Fozzie Osbourne
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Fozzie Osbourne »

The Martian was quite good. It was quite long, but... I was entertained the entire time. The plot is something you've seen a 100x before (guy is stranded, needs to find clever and atypical ways to adapt his surroundings to prolong his survival). It's delivered at a brisk pace and it never feels boring. Good stuff.

The Steve Jobs movie was good, but... it felt a little forced. It was a bit too much hypertensiondialogdrama for my liking. Meaning; they crammed too much "good" into the movie. Everything was OVERLY smart... overly quippy... overly, dare I say, Shakespearian and the countdown clock was ALWAYS ticking. He was ALWAYS "2 minutes, Mr. Jobs!" away from walking onstage to thousands of fans while also having the verbal fight of his life.
It was too convenient and packaged.
I would much prefer that his verbal battles were fought over time. Not over seconds and minutes.
I guess you could say the whole movie felt like a highlight reel (and not in a good way).
Venus Flytrap wrote:Listened to the new Duran Duran album today. It's gweeto club music.
Nunose
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by Nunose »

I'm completely ashamed to admit this

The Crow: Salvation

I can't even rate this it's so bad. I watched 13 minutes and had to shut it off. The guy playing the Crow was horrible...was like he woke up from a nap to go play patty cake...
Waiting...
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Amy
9/10
Outstanding documentary. Told mostly with personal home videos of Amy before she was a star, during her prime and her demise.
IMO, she was surrounded by management that did not know how to handle
her. She had parents(father) that failed her and took advantage of her. Maybe they were also naive, but the father re-entered her life late and enjoyed the popularity her daughter achieved and worked hard for.

If she had a stronger foundation and better management, she might be alive today.
theglammerthebetter

Mommy(2014) Very good movie 8.5/10
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Just Like a Woman (2012) - 7/10

Road movie about two belly-dancer friends on the run, one played by Golshifteh Farahani, the other by Sienna Miller, both super hot. They're fucking belly-dancing, after all. It's quite shallow and doesn't really focus on culture or art, but there's a decent Raï and Chaabi sound track, so definitely a good movie if you're into that. Or boobs.

Gouttes d'eau sur pierres brûlantes / Water Drops On Burning Rocks (2000) - 7/10

Weird movie by François Ozon that takes place entirely in one apartment, belonging to a middle-aged fag who seduces a German boy and then his girlfriend, and also his post-op tranny ex. Good movie if you're into orgies while listening to German Schlager music. Or boobs. Ludivine Sagnier is, as usual, naked a lot, and this is probably her nakednest moment.

Bedtime Story (1964) - 7/10

Camp with Marlon Brando and David Niven. Shirley Jones is hot in it.
Leppardmania
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Leppardmania »

San Andreas - 5.5/10.

The most over the top natural disaster movie I have ever seen....some scenes are soooooooo over the top that I started laughing out loud with disbelief.

RambOWNED!!!
Midwestmetalgod
Headlining Clubs

Post by Midwestmetalgod »

The Conjuring 7/10 picked up the dvd cheap. Actually had some moments creep me out. Not bad.
theglammerthebetter

The Frozen Ground(2013) Nicolas Cage, John Cusack and V-Hudge

Very good drama 8.5/10
theglammerthebetter

The Trials of Cate McCall(2013) What a shitty, generic title for this Kate Beckinsale and Nick Nolte coourt drama 7.5/10
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Zombeavers (2014) - 5/10

Just didn't find it very funny. Doesn't have the charm of an actual B-movie and isn't clever enough for throwback satire either.

Suite Française (2014) - 6/10

World War II drama about a French woman in an occupied village who gets involved with a German soldier. I don't know, having the frogs speak English, some in Queen's English and some with a French accent for no discernible reason, while the Germans speak German, really threw me off throughout the movie. But the main problem is a grossly undersexualized Michelle Williams in the leading role. Worse yet, they somehow managed to make Margot Robbie not hot in it. She's brunette and barely recognizable. I know she's supposed to be a Frenchie here, but come on! This is some Charlize Theron in Monster shit. It's a crime.

ratt_gang_member
Headlining Clubs

Post by ratt_gang_member »

Bridge of Spies - 7/10
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

America Sniper - 8/10

Birdman - 9/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Had family movie night Saturday as my daughter surprised us with an unexpected visit home from college over the weekend. Showed the kids Minority Report. Solid 8.5 out of 10. Main complaint was the length...trim 15-20 mins of that puppy and it's perfect.
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

The Martian 9/10 great movie
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Ted 2 (2015) - 6/10

Gets old at some point, but still funnier than most so-called comedies these days.

Camille (2008) - 5/10

James Franco and Sienna Miller in some sort of dark fairytale romance weirdo movie. Some good ideas, Sienna is fucking hot, but ultimately gay shit.

Le boucher / The Butcher (1970) - 5/10

Classic Claude Chabrol thriller that was hard to get through, not for shock but for boredom. Maybe it's just badly dated.
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Back to the Future Trilogy *****

:mrgreen:
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Got a screener for Straight Outta Compton. Pretty good. Does not paint a flattering picture of Suge, and make Dre out to almost be an angel. I would give it 8 out of 10, but I knew a lot of the story and characters. Someone who does not will probably get lost in the world of rap.
theglammerthebetter

Jupiter Ascending(2015) Mila Kunis & Channing Tatum
Beside Mila looking stunning not much to that one 5/10

Elephant song(2014) Xavier Dolan, Bruce Greenwood 7/10
Last edited by theglammerthebetter on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midwestmetalgod
Headlining Clubs

Post by Midwestmetalgod »

Halloween III, 8/10, overlooked out of the franchise without Michael Myers but a cool movie with killer androids, masks that infest you with bugs and snakes, and a stolen piece of Stonehenge.
gregster
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by gregster »

Finally got to see 'Whiplash' last weekend. Very enjoyable. The part of the Tutor, played by J.K.Simmons, had some laugh out loud lines and he was scarily superb in the role.
Miles Teller was excellent too. Not sure if he did the drumming on all the scenes he was in but the last scene had playing from another planet on it. Fantastic. 9/10.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

Child 44. 7/10. Good serial killer movie set in Stalin/post war era Russia. If they just had stayed off the stupid fake Russian accents.... the actors are Czech, Swedish, Lebanese... everything except Russian so whyeven try?
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Scream 3 - 5/10

Scream 4 - 4/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

Love_Industry wrote:Child 44. 7/10. Good serial killer movie set in Stalin/post war era Russia. If they just had stayed off the stupid fake Russian accents.... the actors are Czech, Swedish, Lebanese... everything except Russian so whyeven try?

Agreed
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Paranormal Activity 5 - 7/10 Not as bad as the previous films, but not as good either, if that makes any sense. Just the usual jump scares, weird video footage and weird kids. Also, we finally get to see what Toby looks like, barely.

The best way to describe this is a really scary Harry Potter film.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Persona (1966) - 8/10

Ingmar Bergmann drama about an actress (Liv Ullmann - hot) having a meltdown and refusing to speak, while a nurse (Bibi Andersson - pretty enough) pampers her at some remote beach house. I'm sure whether they dress black or white on any given day has deep psychological significance, a lot of other symbolism probably happens, they don't even hook up, and then they leave you not even knowing if they're supposed to be one person or two. I actually saw this once before without subtitles but live commentary by a Ugandan MC instead. It did not really clear things up either. Anyway, somehow it's great.

The Children (2008) - 4/10

Generic as hell, lazy plot, lack of gore. On the plus side, some kids get fucked up by their own parents.

Whiteout (2009) - 5/10

Kate Beckinsale is investigating some murder case somewhere in Antarctica while wearing too many clothes. Shows nice nature. Didn't care about the rest.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Back to the Future Trilogy 10/10/10

:lol: :lol: :lol: