Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: President Trump

Post by Turner Coates »

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Right Wing economist Greg Mankiw reacts to WSJ story on how Trump Admin plans to rig economic data
http://gregmankiw.blogspot.com/2017/02/ ... ng-me.html

vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Right Wing economist Greg Mankiw reacts to WSJ story on how Trump Admin plans to rig economic data

What purpose would that serve? Really, I'm just asking here.

"Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam"
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

vlad wrote:
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Right Wing economist Greg Mankiw reacts to WSJ story on how Trump Admin plans to rig economic data

The WSJ article speculated that Trump wants to make the trade deficit look bigger to boost political support for protectionism.

Trump Administration Considers Change in Calculating U.S. Trade Deficit
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-admi ... 1487523299
A larger trade deficit would give the Trump administration ammunition in arguing that trade deals need to be renegotiated, and might help boost political support for imposing tariffs.

Career government employees objected last week when they were asked to prepare data using the new methodology, according to the people familiar with the discussions. These employees at the U.S. Trade Representative’s office complied with the instructions, but included their views as to why they believe the new calculation wasn’t accurate.

One person familiar with the discussions said the employees were told the new calculations were to be presented to members of Congress.

The effect of such a change would be particularly stark on data involving countries that have free trade deals with the U.S., this person said—and in some cases the new methodology could even change a trade surplus into a trade deficit.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
vlad wrote:

The WSJ article speculated that Trump wants to make the trade deficit look bigger to boost political support for protectionism.

Trump Administration Considers Change in Calculating U.S. Trade Deficit
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-admi ... 1487523299
A larger trade deficit would give the Trump administration ammunition in arguing that trade deals need to be renegotiated, and might help boost political support for imposing tariffs.

Career government employees objected last week when they were asked to prepare data using the new methodology, according to the people familiar with the discussions. These employees at the U.S. Trade Representative’s office complied with the instructions, but included their views as to why they believe the new calculation wasn’t accurate.

One person familiar with the discussions said the employees were told the new calculations were to be presented to members of Congress.

The effect of such a change would be particularly stark on data involving countries that have free trade deals with the U.S., this person said—and in some cases the new methodology could even change a trade surplus into a trade deficit.
Bannon really does want to burn it all down doesn't he?
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Does Donald Trump cheat at golf?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... f69cc3f6c6

One morning in the mid-1990s, Mark Mulvoy was on the sixth hole of Long Island’s Garden City Golf Club with Donald Trump when the skies opened, and they ducked for cover under a nearby awning. The rain let up a few moments later, and Mulvoy, then the managing editor of Sports Illustrated, returned to the green. When he got there, he found a ball 10 feet from the pin that he didn’t remember seeing before the storm.

“Who the hell’s ball is this?” he said.

“That’s me,” the real estate mogul said, according to Mulvoy.

“Donald, give me a f---ing break,” Mulvoy recalls telling him. “You’ve been hacking away in the . . . weeds all day. You do not lie there.”

“Ahh, the guys I play with cheat all the time,” he recalls Trump replying. “I have to cheat just to keep up with them.”

The Donald is known for describing himself as a man of unbridled accomplishment and success in virtually every area he’s attempted, and his golf game has long been one of his most highly self-touted skills.

“I’ve played a lot, and I’ve played well,” he said. “There’s very few people that can beat me in golf.” On multiple occasions during his campaign, he has let voters know that he “killed” Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) when the two squared off this year. “I could play him a thousand times and never lose to him,” he said. And by all accounts, Trump is a very good golfer. Just maybe not as good as he says he is.

“The worst celebrity golf cheat?” the rock star Alice Cooper said in a 2012 interview with Q magazine. “I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played with Donald Trump one time. That’s all I’m going to say.” (“I’ve never played with Alice Cooper,” Trump said. “That’s a terrible thing to say about people, especially me.”)

SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

radiobed wrote:Let's be clear, the press isn't free and they've undermined themselves.

As for Trump politicizing attacks to push his agenda, I would agree. Is he doing it because he doesn't care about human rights or because he hates Muslims, I don't think so. I just think he truly believes there is a migrant crisis and we need to be particularly careful in those countries filled with terrorism for now. A lot of people here agree with this, a lot think it's an overreaction.

My stance is I'd be much more concerned if I lived in a neighboring country. There are real issues/concerns. I also wouldn't want to be transported all over the world if I was a refugee. To me the best solution would involve stabilizing their home or parts of it so that these people can stay by their family and in their culture. Most people choose family and home over uprooting their life.
You're ignoring facts again. You're repeating this stuff constantly, but it's nonsense.

Trump isn't politicizing attacks, he's fabricating attacks and he's fabricating security issues in Europe to enforce policy against Muslims and immigrants. That is his whole agenda. It's the very definition of fearmongering to gain power. How could you possibly believe he wants to fight terror with this ridiculous ban if it excludes major Djihadi supporting countries? Your casual benefit-of-the-doubt stance has no basis in reality. He deliberately spreads misinformation to justify his policy and you don't give a shit.

I explained how this "neighboring country" spiel is bullshit several times before. You don't want to hear it. "The best solution" is not what your, or any other country, is aiming for. Trump's USA (same as Obama's) is doing the opposite: they're actively destabilizing the region, they're creating refugees with air strikes and turn around and refuse any responsibility. Yes, most people would "choose family and home life" over fleeing bombs around the world, no fucking shit. They don't get that choice, though. The neighboring countries take up almost all refugees from the region and most of them have zero blame in the game. As long as Assad is in power, none of the country's refugees will ever be able to return to Syria. Trump is supporting this. But Trump doesn't want to let in any of those people. That's creating a security issue and making others pay for it. Good deal, I guess, if you're a complete psychopath.

And the entertainment press being shit is one thing I'm not arguing either. But systematically discrediting all traditional news institutions is a trick straight out of the fascist playbook, any way you slice it.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

radiobed wrote:To me the best solution would involve stabilizing their home or parts of it so that these people can stay by their family and in their culture. Most people choose family and home over uprooting their life.
I'll bet those people would choose the same thing, but what country do you believe has played the biggest part in de-stabilizing that entire region over the last few years?
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Luminiferous wrote:
radiobed wrote:To me the best solution would involve stabilizing their home or parts of it so that these people can stay by their family and in their culture. Most people choose family and home over uprooting their life.
I'll bet those people would choose the same thing, but what country do you believe has played the biggest part in de-stabilizing that entire region over the last few years?
The correct answer isn't a 'country' ... it's Barack Obama.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

cantstopthemenstruation wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:
Right.... The US had never been over in that area until ol' Barack himself invaded it, fail troll...

You're an idiot.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Liberalniferous wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:
Liberalniferous wrote:
Right
Thank goodness he no longer holds office.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
Liberalniferous wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:
Right
Thank goodness you tease before you please. It'd be kind of weird doing it the other way around.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Liberalniferous wrote:
Right
Thank goodness for the internet or you'd have no human interaction..

"Liberalniferous?" :lol: Your worst one yet, Drumpftard...

Pm Tym or Rising Farce, they could come up with wittier responses, stupid..
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Trump knows Jesus rode a dinosaur. They said so on Fox And Friends.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

cantstopthemusic wrote:Thank goodness he no longer holds office.

You're an old, ugly, ridiculous creep...and you think you're god's gift to oral sex.

But you're just a punchline.

You sad fuck.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Liberalniferous wrote:"Liberalniferous?" :lol: Very fitting.
No fucking shit.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Luminiferous wrote:"Liberalniferous?" :lol: Your worst one yet, Drumpftard...
"Libiniferous" or "Comminiferous" would work better.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
No fucking shit.
Cantstop, what did that woman say to you after the GHB wore off and she woke up?
ImageImage
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:Cantstop, what did that woman say to you after the GHB wore off and she woke up?
"Oh God. An old man died between my legs."
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

"Paw paw! NOOO!!"
ImageImage
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:
No fucking shit.
Cantstop, what did that woman say to you after the GHB wore off and she woke up?
"Thanks for the memories, Goosey!" Then she revealed herself as Itwalksboyfriend.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

White House: Feds will step up marijuana law enforcement
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/ ... index.html
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Oh noes!! Laws that are on the books are gonna be enforced!!! I wonder how we can change those laws....
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Liberalniferous wrote:"Liberalniferous?" :lol: Sounds like a name switch HairbangersBall would have came up with after one of her all night rum binges...
MmmMMmmm.. No fucking shit I'm an idiot.
Agreed there. :lol:
MurrayFiend wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:"Liberalniferous?" :lol: Your worst one yet, Drumpftard...
"Libiniferous" or "Comminiferous" would work better.
Now see those are creative, which I expect from intelligent people like the Fiendster, but it's funny when really stupid people like Cuckold Dave call me "liberal" like it's supposed to be an insult...

I get the same laugh when people call me a damn conservative gun nut because I own and carry a gun... :lol:

Hey at least the old dunce didn't try something like Lumusliminferous...
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Trump is demonstrating once again at the CPAC thing today that he doesn't understand what "fake news" means. What a retard.
ImageImage
Kiss Crue
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Kiss Crue »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:White House: Feds will step up marijuana law enforcement
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/ ... index.html
I will match your fear mongering link about legal weed and raise the stakes with my own fear mongering link about more funding for private prisons. Coincidence? I think not! I trust you're all shitting your pants now. Again. Still?

More private prisons:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/ ... te-prisons
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Kiss Crue wrote: I will match your fear mongering link about legal weed
Private for profit prisons have been a disaster but the weed post is not "fear mongering". It's merely repeating what Spicer said at the press conference. Here is a video of the conference with his exact words: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/f ... cer-235318

In this senate hearing from April 2016, Sessions expressed a negative opinion on recreational pot use:

Caucus on International Narcotics Control
http://www.drugcaucus.senate.gov/conten ... -marijuana

In a Senate hearing last year on marijuana reform, Sessions said that "good people don't smoke marijuana." He also pointed to the tenuous theory that marijuana is a gateway drug, and said that, "you'll see cocaine and heroin increase more than it would have."

"We need grown ups in Washington to say marijuana is not the kind of thing that ought to be legalized, it ought not to be minimized, that it is in fact a very real danger," Sessions said at the hearing.

Here's where attorney general Jeff Sessions stands on legal marijuana
http://www.businessinsider.com/attorney ... eed-2017-2
Kiss Crue
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Kiss Crue »

I understand. The point I was making about private prisons is it goes hand in hand with ridiculous drug laws. They are greatly dependent on each other. And that is what we are seeing here with both announcements coming on the same day. It all fits very well together into the we are seriously fucked narrative being passed around here.

That being said I will not shit my pants over this for 2 reasons.

1. It's completely unrealistic to ever expect a President and his AG to say he is going to ignore federal laws. Obama didn't. Obama's quote on it was (paarphrasing) , "I cannot as the head of the legislative branch just say federal laws do not apply"...and he never did.

So what do the comments about more enforcement mean? It could mean rolling the DEA in and going to political war with 8 states that house 20% of the US population. Or it could mean sending out a forcefully worded letter from the oval office asking them to cease and desist as a grandstanding measure toward their conservative law enforcement oriented base that will mean nothing.

Or something in between. I'm guessing legal warring with California and 7 other states and showing the American public they wipe their ass with state rights isn't the top option. I'm still feeling pretty good about legal weed in the US.

My guess is the crackdown on marijuana is a design to do what it has always been designed to do...to lock up people who are targeted by the conservative agenda. It started with the hippies in the 60's and today you better not be smoking weed if you're an illegal.

2. I'm Canadian.