Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 12443
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:39 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby ParaDime77 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:I'm glad the Tate family has control over Sharon's image and likeness. To have a Hollywood "hole" like Jennifer Lawrence playing Sharon would ruin what could be a really solid movie.

Really? What exactly would it mess up? Sharon Tate is famous for being murdered, not for anything else.


Jennifer Lawrence's "star power" as a big time A list actress would detract from the movie itself.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
User avatar
exitflagger
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 20485
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Taking in the 4AM show at the Clark

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby exitflagger » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:55 pm

A highly anticipated Quentin Tarantino film with a universally coveted "hot chick" lead role? Yeah they'll probably go with an unknown. Sure, why not? Would you like to wish for a million dollars to fall out of the sky while you're at it?

I'm not even much of a fan and I would figure Jennifer Lawrence to be a perfect fit. Maybe because um... acting chops?
Image
Revtard wrote:I'm a real piece of shit!
Bair Hand wrote:i'm a cheap fucker.
TenBenny
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 16209
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby TenBenny » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Having a star in a movie like this doesn't mean the movie's focus shifts to the star, in fact it's often the opposite. People love to see stars submerge into dark, dramatic roles. See Charlize Theron in "Monster." She won an Oscar. And has been mentioned, Lawrence was Oscar-nominated for "Winter's Bone" and has had several other really good performances in her filmography.

It's the age-old thing. Some people have trouble with either/or her popularity, her brashness, her attractiveness and her gender. I mean, yes, some people really just don't like her acting, which is a perfectly allowable opinion to have, but on many occasions, I've heard that vaguely couched in something that suspiciously sounds like sexist snark.
Danzig in the Dark
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 12779
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby Danzig in the Dark » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:04 pm

ParaDime77 wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:I'm glad the Tate family has control over Sharon's image and likeness. To have a Hollywood "hole" like Jennifer Lawrence playing Sharon would ruin what could be a really solid movie.

Really? What exactly would it mess up? Sharon Tate is famous for being murdered, not for anything else.


Jennifer Lawrence's "star power" as a big time A list actress would detract from the movie itself.

Is it just her who is infused with movie destroying star power or is any A-list actor going to be the kiss of death?
ImageImage
User avatar
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man
Posts: 32351
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: Casper, Wyoming, USA
Contact:

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby HeavyMetalZombie666 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:49 pm

Margot maybe a good choice. I don't know. Both of them are attractive and it is just trying to figure who could match Sharon's look big time.
Last edited by HeavyMetalZombie666 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Beyotch_Knowles
Destiny's Bastard
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:10 pm
Location: on the midnight train going anywhere

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby Beyotch_Knowles » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:50 pm

Those women are all equally very pretty, I think.

I'm more curious about: Who's going to play Manson and his followers? Who's going to play that sleaze bag Polanski? What about Dennis Wilson?
Image
User avatar
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 25135
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:51 am

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby UtahRatt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:07 am

Someone needs to tell Tate's sister to stop doing interviews at the same time I agree Robbie is a better fit and after that statement if Robbie don't sign I'm sure JLaw won't touch it then what?

Beyotch_Knowles wrote:Those women are all equally very pretty, I think.

I'm more curious about: Who's going to play Manson and his followers? Who's going to play that sleaze bag Polanski? What about Dennis Wilson?


Both are beautiful can act and pull it off but just last night on the movie channels JLaw was as an Astronaut, a mop maker, a Shape Shifter and shot Julianne Moore with an arrow...Robbie only serviced a Clown and an Ape Man. I've always liked Jennifer Lawrence but I'm growing tired of her.

As for Manson? Russell Brand, Zach Galifianakis or Ben Affleck!

I'm leaning toward Russell since they have similar musical talent and Brand's done to acting/comedy what Manson did to...Errrr.



Not sure who'd I pick other that JLaw or Robbie.......It's a hard ponder.....

Lea Seydoux - Frenchy
Amanda Seyfried - big eyes
Bella Heathcote - worth a casting call

Or the model actresses
Cara Delevingne
Brooklyn Decker
Rosie Huntington.....Naaaaaa

Then you have your....
Amber Heard
Teresa Palmer

Hum.........
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night

Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!

Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
User avatar
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 25135
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:51 am

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby UtahRatt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:45 am

Metal Sludge wrote:
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:She was good in everything that let her, Winter's Bone, The Poker House, even shit like Serena. I guess people hate her for The Hunger Games and because her "tomboy" image doesn't match the leak porn fantasy.

Maybe they should cast Kristen Stewart.

I thought The Hunger Games was great.
I didn't actually see it for years after it came out because I had some Twilight bullshit image in my head about it, but once I saw it, I really liked it.



The Hunger Games were ok but it was her weakest role IMO.....Stubborn, whiny and angry. The first was good but her character got old by the end. I always thought she was a bad fit. Elizabeth Banks pulled it off.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night

Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!

Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
User avatar
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie
Posts: 12294
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:52 am
Location: Germany

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby SebastianLeeDanzig » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:09 am

Metal Sludge wrote:You should.
It was way better than I thought it would be.
The first one is the best, and the rest are kinda predictable, but they still don't suck.

I like them too. Then again, I'm a sucker for all communist propaganda and I think Battle Royale was overrated.
User avatar
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole
Posts: 14575
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:58 pm
Location: Balls Deep In The Hoopla

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby SeminiferousButtNoid » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:45 am

If I see the term "J-Law" posted one more time, I'm going to reenact the Tate-Labianca murders with the people in this thread.
slicer wrote:I comented on a few pics about a gorgeous Brazillian girl sucking a horse. I said it was kind of erotic because the girl was awesome. Here's the thing: many girls find horses to be erotic. I knew a girl who had her first orgasm riding a horse.
User avatar
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 25135
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:51 am

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby UtahRatt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:50 am

M-Jay?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night

Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!

Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
User avatar
exitflagger
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 20485
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Taking in the 4AM show at the Clark

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby exitflagger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:14 am

UtahRatt wrote:Amber Heard

She would be a legit choice.
Image
Revtard wrote:I'm a real piece of shit!
Bair Hand wrote:i'm a cheap fucker.
User avatar
Chip Z'Hoy
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 15313
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: Between here and there

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby Chip Z'Hoy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:56 am

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:If I see the term "J-Law" posted one more time, I'm going to reenact the Tate-Labianca murders with the people in this thread.

:lol:

Do something witchy, S-Butt.
NeverSurrender wrote:While most bands were singing about cars and girls all the time, many times Tesla wanted to make people think.
User avatar
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?
Posts: 16990
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:25 pm

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby cantstopthemusic » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:06 am

UtahRatt wrote:Not sure who'd I pick other that JLaw or Robbie.......It's a hard ponder....


Heather Graham
User avatar
Mojo
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 7686
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby Mojo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:20 am

I'm much more interested in CharMa's casting.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
User avatar
Chip Z'Hoy
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 15313
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: Between here and there

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby Chip Z'Hoy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:21 am

cantstopthemusic wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Not sure who'd I pick other that JLaw or Robbie.......It's a hard ponder....


Heather Graham

She's almost 50. :lol:

Christ, you're dumb.
NeverSurrender wrote:While most bands were singing about cars and girls all the time, many times Tesla wanted to make people think.
ParaDime77
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 12443
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:39 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby ParaDime77 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:27 am

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote:Really? What exactly would it mess up? Sharon Tate is famous for being murdered, not for anything else.


Jennifer Lawrence's "star power" as a big time A list actress would detract from the movie itself.

Is it just her who is infused with movie destroying star power or is any A-list actor going to be the kiss of death?


I'm sure they could cast Jennifer's regular co-star, Bradley Cooper, as Tex Watson and really send this project into the ground. I'm not a movie aficionado here at all, but something of a very counter culture casting would best serve this legendary story.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
User avatar
Mojo
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 7686
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby Mojo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:33 am

They'll probably get Samuel L. Jackson to play Manson. Motherfucker's in everything.
And I think Lawrence is hot. I mean, look at her game, Girl.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
User avatar
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man
Posts: 32351
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: Casper, Wyoming, USA
Contact:

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby HeavyMetalZombie666 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:50 am

Mojo wrote:They'll probably get Samuel L. Jackson to play Manson. Motherfucker's in everything.
And I think Lawrence is hot. I mean, look at her game, Girl.

In whiteface? Be a modern day version of Watermelon Man but with a horror theme.
User avatar
Mojo
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 7686
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby Mojo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:55 am

No. Just regular ole Samuel L. Jackson face.

Total paranoia is just total awareness, Mothafucka!!
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
vlad
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2721
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:03 am
Location: Cascadia Subduction Zone

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby vlad » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:24 am

Something about the sisrer's comment really bugged me and I finally realized what it is. If the buzz is right and Tarantino focuses on Tate's death, why the fuck is she thinking about Sharon vs. Jennifer looks. How about how the murder, a brutal thing, will be portrayed. People aren't going to walk away thinking about how "pretty" the murder victim was or wasn't, but just how gruesome her death was (especially in a Tarantino flick). That's pretty (no pun intended) damn shallow and is ignoring the lede.
It’s like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster arguing over which one of them faked the moon landing.

My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014
User avatar
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"
Posts: 2778
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:45 pm

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby CliffByford » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 pm

This is all rather academic when Tarantino is going to turn the Manson murders into some sexist, foot-fetish exploitation movie homage with a bunch of irrelevant callbacks to 70s B-movies mixed in with the racial epithets. Cast literally anybody, this film is going to be wank.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.


Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
User avatar
GreatWhiteSnake
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2361
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: Hell, CA Population 4

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby GreatWhiteSnake » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Sister is correct. J-Law doesn't compare. Never got her hotness...
vlad
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2721
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:03 am
Location: Cascadia Subduction Zone

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby vlad » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:51 pm

CliffByford wrote:This is all rather academic when Tarantino is going to turn the Manson murders into some sexist, foot-fetish exploitation movie homage with a bunch of irrelevant callbacks to 70s B-movies mixed in with the racial epithets. Cast literally anybody, this film is going to be wank.


Exactly. Why is the sister more worried about how pretty an actress is rather than this. Is she not familiar with Tarantino's work?
It’s like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster arguing over which one of them faked the moon landing.

My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014
User avatar
gr8twhte
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 3652
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:58 am
Location: rural MN,(duh!)

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby gr8twhte » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 pm

I saw Jen's butthole on the internet.


Fun.
User avatar
Mojo
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 7686
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby Mojo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:07 pm

vlad wrote:Something about the sisrer's comment really bugged me and I finally realized what it is. If the buzz is right and Tarantino focuses on Tate's death, why the fuck is she thinking about Sharon vs. Jennifer looks. How about how the murder, a brutal thing, will be portrayed. People aren't going to walk away thinking about how "pretty" the murder victim was or wasn't, but just how gruesome her death was (especially in a Tarantino flick). That's pretty (no pun intended) damn shallow and is ignoring the lede.

I dunno. The prettier the actress, the more sympathy people may have for her character. We all tend to diefy the dead. She just wants her crucified sister portrayed in as heavenly a manner as possible, I'd imagine.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
User avatar
exitflagger
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 20485
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Location: Taking in the 4AM show at the Clark

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby exitflagger » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:41 am

gr8twhte wrote:I saw Jen's butthole on the internet.

Tate's sister also says Sharon's butthole was far prettier than Lawrence's. It had a certain essence rare, as they say.
Image
Revtard wrote:I'm a real piece of shit!
Bair Hand wrote:i'm a cheap fucker.
User avatar
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"
Posts: 2778
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:45 pm

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby CliffByford » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:36 pm

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:
Mojo wrote:They'll probably get Samuel L. Jackson to play Manson. Motherfucker's in everything.
And I think Lawrence is hot. I mean, look at her game, Girl.

In whiteface? Be a modern day version of Watermelon Man but with a horror theme.

Are you a big Godfrey Cambridge fan, Hollis?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.


Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
LAglamrocker
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 11451
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:49 am
Location: Candyassland

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby LAglamrocker » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:14 pm

The chick that played CJ in Baywatch movie would be good
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
User avatar
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man
Posts: 32351
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: Casper, Wyoming, USA
Contact:

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Isn't 'Pretty Enough' To Play Sharon Tate, According To Tate's Sister

Postby HeavyMetalZombie666 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:46 pm

CliffByford wrote:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:
Mojo wrote:They'll probably get Samuel L. Jackson to play Manson. Motherfucker's in everything.
And I think Lawrence is hot. I mean, look at her game, Girl.

In whiteface? Be a modern day version of Watermelon Man but with a horror theme.

Are you a big Godfrey Cambridge fan?


I only seen that one movie he made. i have not seen anything else and this includes the movie in which he played Idi Amin!

Return to “Sludge Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 21 guests