Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

User avatar
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4608
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 pm
Location: Don'tGiveAFuckville

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Caustic Queen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:24 am

I'm working on a Sunday Morning... and it sucks. I'm bored right now and dreading the impending onslaught of stupidity that is destine to come my way in the near future.

I need a new contract. This one make working for myself feel like slavery.
tym wrote:I was a Fleb..a Phlib..a blood drawer guy
User avatar
Babydoll
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 1199
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:59 pm
Location: Carlyle, IL (St. Louis area)

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Babydoll » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Boobytrap spelled backwards is Partyboob.
Image
User avatar
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4608
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 pm
Location: Don'tGiveAFuckville

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Caustic Queen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:23 pm

This stupid company I'm trying to deal with has never given a definitive answer to ANYTHING.

Do you want highlighted boxes for errors? ~ We'll think about it
Do you need 2nd tier modifiers? ~ We might
Can you send me the main text for the front page? ~ Probably
Do you want drop down boxes or free fill? ~ Not sure yet, watch your email.



They act like I'm crazy when I want 1/2 upfront... then act a fool like this. How about I'll think about charging you double for my time that you are wasting? Can you give an answer for that?
tym wrote:I was a Fleb..a Phlib..a blood drawer guy
Charles Bukaki
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 1068
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:28 am

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Charles Bukaki » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:22 pm

A year ago my brother and I bought a small pool league. It was on the brink of folding and we brought it back to life and now it's at full capacity. I've been talking to another bar near where I just moved and we're working together to start up another night there. Yesterday, totally out of the blue, a buddy of ours who also owns a small league told me he has to sell it because of some family shit going on and offered me a fire sale price. I'm pretty interested but going from running a league one night a week to running three a week is a hell of a lot bigger commitment. More money of course, but as much as I love playing pool I'm not sure I want to sink that much time into it three weeknights a week.
User avatar
theglammerthebetter
Platinum Artist
Posts: 10541
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:54 am
Location: Quebec City the armpit of Canada

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby theglammerthebetter » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:48 am

Going to see Katy Perry tonight at the local arena not a bad way to spend thanksgiving, but the people in charge of her routing should be fired she played NJ last, Quebec city tonight which is like 9 hours + customs and back to Brooklyn tomorrow which would have been a 30 minute drive from NJ
Image
User avatar
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 11511
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:14 am
Location: In front of a computer screen

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby eddie lee roth » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Trying to lean back in my recliner and watch the news. Meanwhile my puppy is playing with a toy in my lap. She’s dropped it 3 times in like the last couple of minutes and jumps down to get it and jumps right back into my lap. She’s treating my nuts like they’re her own trampoline. She better count her blessings she’s a cute lil bitch.
Image
User avatar
theglammerthebetter
Platinum Artist
Posts: 10541
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:54 am
Location: Quebec City the armpit of Canada

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby theglammerthebetter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:06 am

Well saw my specialist yesterday, im doing allright even good but it looks like im gonna have to have injections every couple of weeks for the long term, at well over 1000$ per no way in hell i will pay that or can afford that so ill have to wait for the govt to approve me or not for it.
Image
User avatar
Mojo
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 9008
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Mojo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:04 am

I've had some Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack cheese soaking in bourbon overnight, to be put into the smoker later. Smoked cheese, ham and olives on crackers with a nice glass of smokey scotch as a preamble to the steaks and veggies for dinner.

Fuck yes, I'm bragging.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
User avatar
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4608
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 pm
Location: Don'tGiveAFuckville

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Caustic Queen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 am

We have a stray cat that apparently belonged to the woman who lived here before us.
She had 3 of the cutest kittens. The are all wilder than anything on Wild Kingdom, but my daughter finally caught one of them..
It has girl and boy parts...

:shock:
tym wrote:I was a Fleb..a Phlib..a blood drawer guy
User avatar
dmbrocker
Headlining a Theater Tour
Posts: 6501
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm
Location: Beating that Galaga high score

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby dmbrocker » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 am

Mojo wrote:I've had some Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack cheese soaking in bourbon overnight, to be put into the smoker later. Smoked cheese, ham and olives on crackers with a nice glass of smokey scotch as a preamble to the steaks and veggies for dinner.

Fuck yes, I'm bragging.


I'd be bragging too if I had cheese that delicious! Similarly, I've had Kerrygold whiskey aged cheddar before, which is really good stuff!
Image

DavidLeeLarsUlrichRoth wrote:Some random psycho kills Dimebag on stage, and no one can hit this doofus with so much as a water balloon? 8)
User avatar
Mojo
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 9008
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Mojo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:49 am

dmbrocker wrote:Similarly, I've had Kerrygold whiskey aged cheddar before, which is really good stuff!

I've not had anything from Kerrygold that wasn't good. I really, really love that company. Not only is the food itself really good, but their treatment of their cows if far superior to that of American dairy producers. It's been interesting to watch them grow into what they've become.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
User avatar
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph
Posts: 6402
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:24 am
Location: in the Jehovia's Witness Protection Program

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby BlackCrypt » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Had to go to Charleston today. Decided to hit up some thrift stores. Here is what I came home with.

CD
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
P!nk - The Truth About Love
Chevelle - Wonder What's Next
Uncle Kracker - Happy Hour (The South River Road Sessions)
Ray Stevens - Get The Best of Ray Stevens
Mr. Big - Greatest Hits
Big & Rich - Horse of a Different Color
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Tesla - Forever More

DVD
Lord Of The Rings Trilogy - Special Extended DVD Edition (Paid $2.50, goes used $25 on Amazon) No box and Two Towers does not have the slip cover
The Island (I have not seen or heard of this one!)
Clerks - Collector's Series (Already have this and 2 copies of Clerks X but I am a hoarder)
The Bourne Identity - Explosive Extended Edition
WWE/F - The Rock
Apocalypse Now - The Complete Dossier Dual Feature (No slip cover)

BluRay
G.I. Joe - The Rise of Cobra
Marvel's The Avengers

VHS
Dogma

Cassette
The California Raisins - Sing The Hit Songs (It was not half bad! My kids car has a tape deck, so I had to get this for him)

Book
Welcome to Horneytown North Carolina Population: 15 - Quentin Parker


Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,

Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!

Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
Charles Bukaki
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 1068
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:28 am

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Charles Bukaki » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:25 pm

I never thought I'd get another tattoo, let alone one that would always be pretty visible. I got one when I was 23 (I'm 45 now) and still regret it. But. I've talked about this before on Sludge, I'm deaf in one ear recently learned that there's actually a term for it these days, single sided deafness or unilateral hearing. I joined a couple Facebook groups that consisted of other people who also are in the same boat. A couple days ago, someone posted a picture of a tattoo they had done to help deal with one of the biggest pet peeves, which is friends and family never remembering which ear is our good ear, and the second I saw it, I knew I had to get one myself so yesterday I took the plunge:

Image
User avatar
Mojo
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 9008
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Mojo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:07 pm

There’s nothing that will ever make me get a tattoo, but I like your reason.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
User avatar
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:21 pm
Location: in the dumpster with Taime
Contact:

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby LadyJaneGrey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:11 pm

I currently have an upper respiratory infection.
Image
User avatar
Mojo
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 9008
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Mojo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:59 pm

LadyJaneGrey wrote:I currently have an upper respiratory infection.

Have you tried respirating lower?
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
User avatar
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:21 pm
Location: in the dumpster with Taime
Contact:

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby LadyJaneGrey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Mojo wrote:
LadyJaneGrey wrote:I currently have an upper respiratory infection.

Have you tried respirating lower?


:D No, but sometimes I feel like I need a suit like Darth Vader.
Image
User avatar
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4608
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 pm
Location: Don'tGiveAFuckville

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Caustic Queen » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:16 am

Every fall I pick up seasonal gigs. Easy money to make Christmas a little more fun.
Typically it's just 2-3 hours a day during the companies busiest time for a week or two, or a couple of days when they need extra help. Usually I'll get two or three little projects in each year.
So this year, I responded to an add for "Seasonal Help Taking Orders" Description said "Assisting clients with detailed orders during our busy season"
Cool..
I go through the application process.. get the CONGRATS email with a link to Self-Training.. Complete it, click submit..
Then this morning, I get an email.
Says that the project begins on 10/16 and continues through 1/8... and goes on to say

You are currently scheduled for the following shifts:

Thursday November 16th 930am-7pm

•Friday November 17th 1pm-9pm

•Saturday November 18th 1pm-9pm

•Sunday November 19th 9am -9pm

•Monday November 20th 7am-9pm

•Tuesday November 21st 7am-9pm

•Wednesday November 22nd 7am-9pm

Uhhh... WHAT?
Who does 14 hour shifts? For a Seasonal Job? 7 days a week?
I understand the economy is bad, but seriously?

I'm pissed off.
tym wrote:I was a Fleb..a Phlib..a blood drawer guy
Stinky McFister
Picking a Band Name
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 7:12 am

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Stinky McFister » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:25 pm

What does it pay??

Caustic Queen wrote:Every fall I pick up seasonal gigs. Easy money to make Christmas a little more fun.
Typically it's just 2-3 hours a day during the companies busiest time for a week or two, or a couple of days when they need extra help. Usually I'll get two or three little projects in each year.
So this year, I responded to an add for "Seasonal Help Taking Orders" Description said "Assisting clients with detailed orders during our busy season"
Cool..
I go through the application process.. get the CONGRATS email with a link to Self-Training.. Complete it, click submit..
Then this morning, I get an email.
Says that the project begins on 10/16 and continues through 1/8... and goes on to say

You are currently scheduled for the following shifts:

Thursday November 16th 930am-7pm

•Friday November 17th 1pm-9pm

•Saturday November 18th 1pm-9pm

•Sunday November 19th 9am -9pm

•Monday November 20th 7am-9pm

•Tuesday November 21st 7am-9pm

•Wednesday November 22nd 7am-9pm

Uhhh... WHAT?
Who does 14 hour shifts? For a Seasonal Job? 7 days a week?
I understand the economy is bad, but seriously?

I'm pissed off.
User avatar
CHA0S
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:04 am
Location: overexposing myself

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby CHA0S » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Where is this job? At a hospital? At least you'd have an excuse not to cook on Thanksgiving. "Well I don't get off until 9 the night before."

Caustic Queen wrote:
Then this morning, I get an email.
Says that the project begins on 10/16 and continues through 1/8... and goes on to say

You are currently scheduled for the following shifts:

Thursday November 16th 930am-7pm

•Friday November 17th 1pm-9pm

•Saturday November 18th 1pm-9pm

•Sunday November 19th 9am -9pm

•Monday November 20th 7am-9pm

•Tuesday November 21st 7am-9pm

•Wednesday November 22nd 7am-9pm

Uhhh... WHAT?
Who does 14 hour shifts? For a Seasonal Job? 7 days a week?
I understand the economy is bad, but seriously?

I'm pissed off.
Photobucket has taken my signature hostage.
User avatar
CHA0S
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:04 am
Location: overexposing myself

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby CHA0S » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:46 pm

I just had the pleasure of hearing Kathie Lee Gifford's new single about her late husband Frank. The song, called "He saw Jesus" is about Frank's passing away.

"When I came down the stairs, I knew something was wrong. He was lying on the floor. . . .
He saw Jesus, and he took his breath away." (Kind of like a cat that lies on your chest while you're sleeping?)

Did Tommy Lee help write these lyrics?
Photobucket has taken my signature hostage.
User avatar
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees
Posts: 3822
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:57 pm
Location: Greenacres, it's the place to be...

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby TawnyVonJagger » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:37 pm

I got a 24 hr mini grounding from Twitter. I told a bot to STFU. :|
Fuck sigs.
User avatar
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4608
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 pm
Location: Don'tGiveAFuckville

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Caustic Queen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:14 am

CHA0S wrote:Where is this job? At a hospital? At least you'd have an excuse not to cook on Thanksgiving. "Well I don't get off until 9 the night before."



No, it's a remote / home office job.
No perks at all..
tym wrote:I was a Fleb..a Phlib..a blood drawer guy
User avatar
Olds_71_442
Headlining a Theater Tour
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:10 pm
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Olds_71_442 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Got the DNA tests back and found out that we aren't grandparents. I'm shocked and feel a little down about it. But I guess it's best for our son not to be tied down at this point in his life.
User avatar
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4608
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 pm
Location: Don'tGiveAFuckville

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Caustic Queen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:11 am

Olds_71_442 wrote:Got the DNA tests back and found out that we aren't grandparents. I'm shocked and feel a little down about it. But I guess it's best for our son not to be tied down at this point in his life.


Wow sorry. I had a foster son who went through believing he was the father of a child that was then determined to not be his.
It can be very rough.
tym wrote:I was a Fleb..a Phlib..a blood drawer guy
User avatar
Olds_71_442
Headlining a Theater Tour
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:10 pm
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Olds_71_442 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Caustic Queen wrote:
Olds_71_442 wrote:Got the DNA tests back and found out that we aren't grandparents. I'm shocked and feel a little down about it. But I guess it's best for our son not to be tied down at this point in his life.


Wow sorry. I had a foster son who went through believing he was the father of a child that was then determined to not be his.
It can be very rough.

My son will probably be happy about it because he's not with the girl and his girlfriend wasn't too happy with the possibility of her boyfriend having a kid with someone else. It's mostly me and my wife that are sad about it. Not that we wish he had a kid right now. Just we've met with her a few times and became attached.
Goddamn Electric
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 1:49 pm
Location: Cemetery Gates

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby Goddamn Electric » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Olds_71_442 wrote:Got the DNA tests back and found out that we aren't grandparents. I'm shocked and feel a little down about it. But I guess it's best for our son not to be tied down at this point in his life.


Tell your son that if he continues to stick his pecker in every whore he sees that he should use a condom...problem solved!
User avatar
CHA0S
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:04 am
Location: overexposing myself

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby CHA0S » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:59 pm

Was chewing some soft gum when suddenly it became crunchy. Better get to the dentist soon.
Photobucket has taken my signature hostage.
User avatar
RPB
Goes Down Smooth
Posts: 9273
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Ill-annoy

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby RPB » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Charles Bukaki wrote:IA couple days ago, someone posted a picture of a tattoo they had done to help deal with one of the biggest pet peeves, which is friends and family never remembering which ear is our good ear, and the second I saw it, I knew I had to get one myself so yesterday I took the plunge:

That's awesome. My best friend is deaf in one ear. I can never freaking remember which one. Just when I think she's ignoring me, I go to the other ear or tap her shoulder. I usually pull her hair back to look for the little freckles to signal the good ear. They're making great strides... Hoping she'll have hearing back within a few years as her doctor claims it should be possible very soon.
AndiiChrist
Recording Debut Album
Posts: 822
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Share your mundane and uneventful things here!

Postby AndiiChrist » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:29 pm

RPB wrote: I usually pull her hair back to look for the little freckles to signal the good ear. They're making great strides... Hoping she'll have hearing back within a few years as her doctor claims it should be possible very soon.

I have bad hearing in one ear and wish people would pull my hair. Not to get my attention, but because that's kinda hot,
Sorry, I totally read your post as a David Lee Roth sexual banter and took it from there.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:
Stevie looks like my twin!

Return to “Sludge Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KevinFL and 3 guests