Buying Resale Tickets-- Advice?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

GaulPilbert
Opening for Slaughter

Buying Resale Tickets-- Advice?

Post by GaulPilbert »

Planning to buy some concert resale tickets--- What's the best site? SeatGeek, VividSeats, StubHub, Ticketmaster (or are they all the same)? Also--- I noticed that you mostly only get to see the section and row... NO exact seat numbers. Why don't they tell you which seats are actually for sale?

ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Re: Buying Resale Tickets-- Advice?

Post by ijwthstd »

I use Tickpick first, Vivid 2nd, but research more on Vivid because they have the most listings. They are all 90% the same tickets. Ticketmaster resale and Stubhub might be random fans / amateur sellers. Ticketmaster resale is the "safest" but they also enforce price floors at face value. Avoid Stubhub. Stubhub and sometimes Tickpick show seat numbers. Most exchanges allow sellers to upgrade up to 5 rows without prior approval so not only will you not get seat numbers you might end up in a different row closer. Peter Gabriel at the Forum I bought on Tickpick last minute, about the best possible lower level for about $65. Transfer came right away and it was 2 rows closer. They were most likely band / house tickets and the seller wanted to mask the exact location.

When buying make sure the email you register with the resale site corresponds with your Ticketmaster info. You will likely get a transfer link via Ticketmaster. You want to make sure the ticket ends up in the right place on your phone. Even the basics are so much more complicated than they should be.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
GaulPilbert
Opening for Slaughter

Post by GaulPilbert »

Good info... Thanks.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i dunno aboot ticketmaster enforcing price floors but i know they take a cut of what you're selling.
there's canucks playoff tix for resale cheaper than ticketmaster prices.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Just bought a pair of tix on Vivid Seats. Good ticket prices. $32 each. $15 per ticket in fees. So $100 total.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!