A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by silent_eyes »

johnk5150 wrote:
silent_eyes wrote:National Treasure: 4/5

Not usually a big Nicolas Cage fan, but I really liked this movie. I'd seen part of it before, but I'm glad I finally watched it all. Started to watch part two as well, but I fell asleep about 15 minutes into it. Gonna give it another try tonight.
Stay away from the sequel. There's a reason you fell asleep.
I did eventually make it through it. Wasn't totally horrible, but the first one blew it away.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

They Live 8/10
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Knowing

4/10

Nicolas Cage is not only my least favorite actor, he's my least favorite PERSON of all time.

Ignoring his hilarious portrayal of a person who has emotion, there were some things I liked about this movie. The idea of armageddon scares the shit out of me. The plane crash scene was pretty retarded but people running around on fire is brutal. Also, the stuff with the numbers was sort of interesting at first.

Everything else about it was silly. Really bad dialogue. And like I said, Nicolas Cage is in it.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

deathcurse wrote:Knowing

4/10

Nicolas Cage is not only my least favorite actor, he's my least favorite PERSON of all time.

Ignoring his hilarious portrayal of a person who has emotion, there were some things I liked about this movie. The idea of armageddon scares the shit out of me. The plane crash scene was pretty retarded but people running around on fire is brutal. Also, the stuff with the numbers was sort of interesting at first.

Everything else about it was silly. Really bad dialogue. And like I said, Nicolas Cage is in it.
This movie has maybe the gayest ending of any major motion picture of the last 10 years.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

BozoMcMetal wrote:This movie has maybe the gayest ending of any major motion picture of the last 10 years.
Hahaha, you're not kidding.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
Pretty Dead Boy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Pretty Dead Boy »

"What We Do Is Secret", the Germs movie.

Very well done. Shane West pretty much had D.Crash down to a tee. Hence why he got the gig on the Scab Germs tour, I'd guess. Really solid movie. Good enough the I ripped it to my laptop for future viewings.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Pretty Dead Boy wrote:"What We Do Is Secret", the Germs movie.

Very well done. Shane West pretty much had D.Crash down to a tee. Hence why he got the gig on the Scab Germs tour, I'd guess. Really solid movie. Good enough the I ripped it to my laptop for future viewings.
Agreed. Thought I was gonna hate it after the first 5 minutes, but it totally won me over. Shane West was fucking great as Darby...esp. in the live performance scenes. Still kinda think they went overboard on making Don Bolles out to be a total dork though.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Mr.Happyface
Headlining Clubs

Post by Mr.Happyface »

Bakersfield Chimp wrote:
acefrehleysbeer wrote:Inglorious Basterds 2.5.

I wanted it to be great it just was too much for too little. I realize part of the charm of a Tarentino film is the dialogue but 30 minutes into it I was like "come the fuck on already"
This movie could be edited down to 1:30 from its 2:33 and be a freat film but at 2 and a half fucking hours it just PLODS along. With one hour shaved off this could be as good as Reservoir Dogs and a instant classic but its just too fucking long.....the characters were great but half assed introduced. I think next to Death Proof this is his weakest film.
I agree, he could have shaved off a good 1/2 hour and I think I would have liked it more. He is really in love with dialogue, which is good, but it stalls the flow of the movie. I still give it a solid B.
Death Proof was unbearable, even with Kurt Russell.

I always hear a lot of hate for Deathproof, I just didn't find it bad aside from some of the over used cussing. It was kinda cool how it was like you were hanging out with the characters. I usually end up watching it whenever its on the movie channel.
MurrayFiend wrote:DJ Ashba is the worst thing to happen to GN'R's live show since Axl's tiny shorts.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Watched 15 minutes of The Happening last night. Gay.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Killshot: 4.5/5

Probably one of the best movies I've seen here recently. Mickey Rourke, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Thomas Jane, Diane Lane, Rosario Dawson... can't go wrong with a cast like that. It was also based on a book written by Elmore Leonard who also wrote 3:10 to Yuma.

It's a shame this went straight to DVD because it's much, much better than a good chunk of what DOES make it to the screen.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Alien Trespass: 5/10

This was billed as a fun, retro sci-fi flick, and it could have been,
if it were fun.
But it's not.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Forgetting Sarah Marshall- 9.5/10. Doesn't seem to get old...
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

The Happening - 3/10. All three points awarded for how laughably bad it is. Holy Crackers this movie sucks.
Hurls34
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Hurls34 »

Here are my last five, four of which I saw as a doublefeature.

Rob Zombie's Halloween II: 1 out of five stars.
The Final Destination 3D: 2/5 stars.

Inglorious Bastards: 4/5 stars

District 9: 4/5 stars
500 Days of Summer: 2/5 stars

I think I liked District 9 better than Inglorious Bastards, but both were real good.
Yorgi: Now that buisness is finished, We party. Kolya!!!

Kolya: Bitches, come!!!!
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Bring It On: Fight to the Finish (I think that was the title)
3/5
Hey.. Ok.. the movie is a little flakey, predictable and overdone.. but the only thing I like about L.A. are the accents on the east side and this movie is full of that... it's filled with lots of Latin Flare and Latin girls too.. :!:

I could hear Cheech Moran singing "Born in East L.A." in my head through most of it.. :)
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

I actually watched some of Pinocchio the other night. Haven't seen it since I was a kid, but that is one of the classic Disney movies. Kind of dark and dramatic and an interesting message about morals etc.. I guess it was made in the 1940s. Funny how the whale is portrayed as a evil monster which I guess was the assumption at the time.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Pinocchio was made decades before the overwhelming majorty of Hollywood film makers permanently shoved their heads up their stupid greedy asses.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Pineapple Express- 8/10. Completely ridiculous, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. I'd read some pretty negative things here, so I didn't expect to like it so much...
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Forgetting Sarah Marshall
I've had this one burned and hadn't gotten around to watching it, until Friday night.

DAMN good movie.

Mila Kunis's "Sha-winnnnnng" factor.

Solid, SOLID 8.0/10.
Last edited by cantstopthemusic on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

I don't give a fuck. Please refrain from quoting me in the future, pit-taster.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
I've had this one burned and hadn't gotten around to watching it, until Friday night.

DAMN good movie.

Mila Kunis's "Sha-winnnnnng" factor.

Solid, SOLID 8.0/10.
I never gave that broad a second thought when she was in That 70s Show. When she appeared on screen in Sarah Marshall for the first time I couldn't believe how fucking GOOD lookin' she'd become.

Oh, and the movie was good too.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Bakersfield Chimp
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Bakersfield Chimp »

Bridget wrote:The Happening - 3/10. All three points awarded for how laughably bad it is. Holy Crackers this movie sucks.
It's like a Mystery Science Theatre flick it's so bad. M.Night Sheboyogan's SAG card should be revoked. He hasn't done anything good since I figured out the ending of the 6th sense 1/3 through the movie.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Bakersfield Chimp wrote:
Bridget wrote:The Happening - 3/10. All three points awarded for how laughably bad it is. Holy Crackers this movie sucks.
It's like a Mystery Science Theatre flick it's so bad. M.Night Sheboyogan's SAG card should be revoked. He hasn't done anything good since I figured out the ending of the 6th sense 1/3 through the movie.
It's almost as if he told Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel to be as bad as they possibly could! It's not common for me and my husband to both be talking back to the television, and it happened with this one.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Crips and Bloods Made in America
Documentary narrated by our very own Idiamindada! Seriously, this film was really fascinating. It gives you a lot of background information about where the gangs came from, how they formed, etc. and also a offers a lot of insight into why kids join gangs. Plus you get all the violent stories and details about drugs, murder, guns and drive by shootings. It's a little preachy, and I definitely walked away from it feeling just a little more guilty for my whitey-ness, but the statement the movie makes is impossible to miss.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
acefrehleysbeer
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by acefrehleysbeer »

saracapri wrote:Crips and Bloods Made in America
Documentary narrated by our very own Idiamindada! Seriously, this film was really fascinating. It gives you a lot of background information about where the gangs came from, how they formed, etc. and also a offers a lot of insight into why kids join gangs. Plus you get all the violent stories and details about drugs, murder, guns and drive by shootings. It's a little preachy, and I definitely walked away from it feeling just a little more guilty for my whitey-ness, but the statement the movie makes is impossible to miss.
Is this the one Stacey Peralta directed?
Free the WM3
http://www.wm3.org

When I die I don't want no part of heaven
I would not do heavens work well
I pray the devil comes and takes me
To stand in the fiery furnaces of hell
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Yes
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
lolo66
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by lolo66 »

Monty Python and the Holy Grail 8/10

It never gets old.

"You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

"He's got huge sharp.....He can leap about.....LOOK AT THE BONES!!!"
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

Mutant Chronicles: 6/10

This movie is OK for what it is - a straight to DVD B-movie.
Ron Perlman is good as always,
and the guy from Hung is in it.
witchbitch
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by witchbitch »

Bridget wrote:
Bakersfield Chimp wrote:
It's almost as if he told Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel to be as bad as they possibly could! It's not common for me and my husband to both be talking back to the television, and it happened with this one.
"So, you guys? Has anyone been reading up on what's happening to the bees? They're disappearing, right? Anybody have an idea why?"

That movie suuuuuucked.
Oh good heavens, baby where's my medicine?
I must have left it outside with my etiquette
The undertaker's rule of thumb
It's hard to talk with a Novocaine tongue
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

District 9 ~ 8/10

Watched this without any knowledge of the storyline, but was surprised to find a movie I liked. It is incomplete, as a one-off movie, should be continued in series fashion.