Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by AmericanJackass »

Full Metal Jacket~1st 40mins:10, the rest of the movie:5
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Batman Begins - 9

First time i've seen it and I actually preferred it more than the Dark Knight.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Coraline- 7. Pretty cool.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Moon

Really good. Kinda went in a different direction than I expected. Didn't like the end.

8/10

C Me Dance

A, uh, Christian "thriller."

2/10

Pathology

Great flick! Very interesting premise, good actors, a little corny at times, but overall really solid.

8/10
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

MurrayFiend wrote:Coraline- 7. Pretty cool.
Really? I thought that outside of the 3D stuff it was a hair lame. Maybe I should watch it again.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Inglorious Bastards - 7.5/10 - Some of the scenes dragged but apart from Brad Pitt everything/everyone fit perfectly, Col Hans was a sensational character. Pitt didn't totally flop the role, more like over acted a bit.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Bridget wrote:
Really? I thought that outside of the 3D stuff it was a hair lame. Maybe I should watch it again.
It started to feel really abrupt towards the end, like they were trying to wrap things up as quickly as possible, but I dug it mainly from a visual standpoint.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
tabitha666
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by tabitha666 »

Chaplin. 7/10. Robert Downey Jr was excellent.
ROADHEAD

Post by ROADHEAD »

BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

pieceofme wrote:Batman Begins - 9

I agree with this. If you take Ledger out of the Dark Knight, it's a really average movie.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Black Hawk Down 9/10 Last stime was the first time I'd seen it. Cool flick, intense.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit 8/10 I'm watching this one right now. I had forgotten how fucking cool this movie is.
James Halford Tate
Headlining Clubs

Post by James Halford Tate »

The Book Of Eli.
9/10, best movie I've seen in a while.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

MurrayFiend wrote:
Bridget wrote:
It started to feel really abrupt towards the end, like they were trying to wrap things up as quickly as possible, but I dug it mainly from a visual standpoint.
I get what you mean. For me, the visuals were by far the best part. The story really seemed as though it was written just to support the visual effects, as opposed to the effects being designed to enhance the story.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Rest Stop- Rate it? I'm not even sure what the fuck just happened.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

deathcurse wrote: Pathology

Great flick! Very interesting premise, good actors, a little corny at times, but overall really solid.

8/10
Yep. I thought this was awesome too. Bonus: The redhead was smoking hot.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

deathcurse wrote:World's Greatest Dad

This movie appears to be marketed as a typical Robin Williams family comedy but it is definitely not. It's about a guy whose son hangs himself while jerking off so his writer father composes a suicide note to make it look like it was on purpose.

It's definitely a dark comedy in the vein of Observe and Report; maybe not quite that off-putting but still pretty dark.

Directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, with a cameo appearance by Krist Novoselic of Nirvana!

7/10
Kind of poignant after David Carradine's untimely demise.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
Scaryhead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Scaryhead »

Halloween II (Rob Zombie) -

I don't care if this is longwinded or contains spoilers. Like a greasy burrito and a case of beer, I have to get this out of my system one way or another.

I went in knowing pretty much everyone has slagged this film. No big. I liked Zombie's first remake and out of an entire thread on Halloween movies, both DC and YYC were the only ones who rated this one fairly high and on par with it. I figured that was a good sign.

Holy fuck no. This movie had to be one the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen. I really wanted to like it because I do like Rob Zombie but seriously, at what point do you stop creating roles in your movies just to fit your own wife into. I guess some of us who've never actually made a suspenseful slasher film would draw that line at astral projection, but not Rob Zombie! He's only one stock footage scene of a buffalo stampede away from becoming Ed fucking Wood.

"Now Sheri Moon Zombie, I want you to lead Pegasus down this hallway while I shoot you with this Vaseline covered lens. Then park the horse outside the barn and go stand next to the new non-fat Michael who isn't the same kid from Hancock for the possession scene as he restrains Laurie while another grown up Michael stands there looking confused."

Really? A spirit horse? Possession? Is this a fucking Halloween movie or discarded footage from the desert peyote scene in The Doors that Zombie spliced in. I actually laughed out loud as Laurie flipped and contorted like Emily Rose because of this powerful symbiotic mental bond she and Michael have suddenly developed. When she throws up as he's eating the dog a mile away, I fucking guffawed.

The only thing worse than the already unlikeable twat leading character and her Punk Rock 101 overacting, was her loathsome party girl friends. I was actually disappointed when Michael quietly choked out the one in the van who annoyingly kept flicking her tongue in attempt to be sexy. I so wanted her to get killed in some painfully elaborate and creative way like a hot tailpipe shoved down her throat.

Even Loomis turned out to be a giant douche who I wanted to die in this one. I remember him being a somewhat respectable character with a genuine concern for Michael in the first movie. Now he's acting like a literary prima donna and trying to get in the pants of news reporters. WTF?

There was not one person in this film who I rooted for to survive except for transient Micheal Myers looking like Head from Korn. Terrible.

1/10 - Only because the chicks in the band at the party scene had nice tits. I'm sure IDIAMINDADA fucked both of them.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

Went to see this 3D everyone is blabbing about. Impressive for about a half hour, then I just got used to it and realized I still had to watch 2 more hours of a totally stupid movie.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

BozoMcMetal wrote:
pieceofme wrote:Batman Begins - 9

I agree with this. If you take Ledger out of the Dark Knight, it's a really average movie.
Actually it was Heath Ledger and his mouth movements/noise that kind of pissed me off about the Dark Knight. Apart from that it was a good blockbuster movie.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Black Christmas (original) - 6/10
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

The Living and The Dead - 8/10
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

How To Marry A Millionaire. 9/10.
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - 9/10
CHEMI-KILL

Post by CHEMI-KILL »

Paranormal Activity was amazingly good.Holy Shit my nipples are still hard.
Hurls34

Post by Hurls34 »

Saw two more movies over the weekend

The Hurt Locker: 6/10
It wasn't that bad of a movie, but I think its really fallen victim to being over-hyped. It wasn't like Saving Private Ryan, which is one war movie I could watch over and over again.

The Hangover: 4/10
I was kinda disappointed. It wasn't the laugh-riot loud everyone told me it was going to be. I don't know, maybe I saw it while I was in a bad mood or something, but it didn't really impress me all that much.

The last real funny movie I saw, I mean really funny movie, was WALK HARD.... I might have to buy that one it was so good.
Yorgi: Now that buisness is finished, We party. Kolya!!!

Kolya: Bitches, come!!!!
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs

Post by LadyJaneGrey »

The Pit and The Pendulum- because I do like Vincent Price, and it's a great change of pace to see horror movies that have creepy/scary elements without "having" to resort to gore.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

pieceofme wrote: Actually it was Heath Ledger and his mouth movements/noise that kind of pissed me off about the Dark Knight. Apart from that it was a good blockbuster movie.
:shock: to each their own but damn, you are the first person i've heard that eluded to ledger being the weak link in the movie. Did the hype just ruin that performence for some? It was hyped pretty bad before i saw it the first week and I was still blown away by his performence. I guess i can see the mouth thing being bothersome to some, I always wondered if the dude just started doing it because of the prostethics around his mouth and the director liked it.

Anyway avoid his last movie like the plague, it's fucking horrendous.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Halloween II - It was my second time watching it, and I liked it MUCH better this time. Maybe since I couldn't see 75% of what was going on the first time since I had downloaded it and it was so dark had something to do with my original assumption. I agree with what others have said about Rob making a the dialogue a bit better in this one as well.

Whiteout - This one wasn't bad, ... but it wasn't amazing either. Not much to be said about it really. It's worth a watch if you get bored I guess.
PrettyTiedUp
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by PrettyTiedUp »

Invictus - 9/10 - It was a great movie I thought, very interesting. My mom actually dragged me to it but I really ended up enjoying it. Morgan Freeman always ends up playing important characters (God, Nelson Mandela...)