Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by YYC »

Sound and Fury--7/10 A documentary about deaf people getting all bent out of shape about parents of other kids getting implants that allow their deaf kids to hear. It was interesting, but I found the subject annoying. The anti-implant people came off as selfish and stupid, so I never really could muster any sympathy for their position.

Tender Mercies--5/10 I have Crazy Heart coming on Netflix, and I kept hearing how it was similar to Tender Mercies. I hope the fuck not, because this movie bored the shit out of me. Duvall was great, as usual, but nothing really happened in this flick.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

George Washington - 9/10. I love DGG.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Gran Torino - 10/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Facedown wrote:Gran Torino - 10/10
I just watched this.

I'll give it a 7/10. Really over-the-top and a lot of the acting was terrible but there was a good story underneath it all.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Fletch wrote:Deadgirl (2008) 7/10

Creepy flick. Lots of nudity (pretty sure its a merkin), with a dash of rape and blood.

...and sex with infected bullet wounds! haha
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

the stepfather 6/10 it was ok but i tought all the actors looked like some other famous people

the stepfather was a dead ringer for Chris isaak
the son could have been james franco's twin
his gf reminded me of Hilary Duff

weird
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Stand By Me- 7. Not as good as the song. The deer was cool.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Fletch wrote:"Well, I'd certainly say she had marvelous judgment, Albert, if not particularly good taste."

Not sure why but that ending had me in tears. I guess it was more intense after suffering though the whole thing without a chuckle.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
midnighttoker
Headlining Clubs

Post by midnighttoker »

"armed and dangerous" with john candy and eugene levy-7/10
I'm a drunken idiot who gave the board his password ;)
whitebread
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by whitebread »

Man I used to watch Armed and Dangerous alot on the old VCR. Good old movie with alot of the small unnoticealble humor (to some people) that 80's movies were great for.

Just watched "The Road" last night 6.5/10 Kind of pointless except for a man teaching his son how to watch his back and survive. Too much gloom and doom for me though.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Wow. Just wow.

Grown Ups
(2010).T-Meter
Friends 7 % Tomatometer
How does the Tomatometer work
Reviews Counted:70

Fresh:5
Rotten:65
Average Rating:3.1/10
Consensus: Grown Ups' cast of comedy vets is amiable, but they're let down by flat direction and the scattershot, lowbrow humor of a stunted script.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

The Messenger- 7. Good acting.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Gojira. 10/10.
Scaryhead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Scaryhead »

Legion - 1/10

Thought this was going to be Maximum Overdrive meets Dusk Til Dawn with a little bit of The Prophecy thrown in.

No. The only two creepy demon scenes are already in the trailer. Everything else is uninteresting and uncharismatic characters filling up screen time with their personal hard luck stories. I kept thinking something possessed was going to jump out during one of their long-winded solioquies like that shark in the middle of Deep Blue Sea that gave Samuel Jackson the old bum's rush, but it was not to be. Instead we learn that the Tyrese character is a wankster who's never shot a gun and he had an absent father. Heavy stuff. An apropos "revelation" in an uninspired film about that of the same name.

And for some reason Roc had a hook hand which was never explained. I imagined one of his friends chopping it off in attempt to save him as he was reaching for the script.

If it weren't for that bitchy lady's husband conveniently preventing the cliche, the race for who would have received the "Expendable Brother Always Dies First" Award would have been the most interesting thing in the movie.

Then a fake baby gets tossed around and some guys that look like USC mascots start punch dancing.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

The Karate Kid - 5/10. It's fun, but they were a bit too eager to show off the fact that Jaden Smith can cry on command. The story doesn't really work with a kid that young, either. Finally, they should have left the title The Kung Fu Kid. All in all though, it's not nearly as terrible as it had the potential to be.
Betty Humpter
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Betty Humpter »

Got Shutter Island off On Demand about a week ago. 5/10...I figured out "the twist you'll never see coming!" about half an hour in. Love me some dirty scruffy Leo, though.
WackyWalrus wrote: Teenager 1: Hey man, is Quiet Riot better than Pantera?
Teenager 2: No way man. Nothing is better than Pantera, not even the Bible.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Surfer Dude - 3/10 - Horrible waste of time, Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson played 2 simple minded surfer burn outs. It couldn't get any more annoying. The only redeming quality is all the chicks. Alexie Gilmore looked fantastic but her romance with Matthew's was forced and didn't fit. Skip this movie.

Lords of Dogtown - 5/10 - Worth watching only if you're an old skater or if there is nothing else on.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

I'm not much for remakes, but 2009's "Last House On the Left" was pretty awesome. The final scene ruled! I'll give it 8/10.
Fuck sigs.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:I'm not much for remakes, but 2009's "Last House On the Left" was pretty awesome. The final scene ruled! I'll give it 8/10.

I'd say that chick was having a bad day.
AmericanJackass
Headlining Clubs

Post by AmericanJackass »

The Crazies(2009)~7/10. Never saw the original, but enjoyed this version.
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

This is it, it was ok glad i saw it but wont watch it again 6/10

Sorority Row, they could have called it i know what you did last semester but i like it a lot despiste some awful one liners 7/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
YYC

Post by YYC »

The Crazies--3/10 Unoriginal, boring, and stupid. Not sure how this got so many good reviews.

Alice in Wonderland--5/10 Interesting to look at, but boring as shit.

Overnight--7/10 Documentary about the rise and fall of the epic douchebag that wrote/directed Boondock Saints. It was nice to see karma cornhole this jackass.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
SelfMadeJesus
Recording Debut Album

Post by SelfMadeJesus »

The Last Song--2/10 Went in just praying that this Nicholis )Or however you spell that faggot hollywood WHORE's name( didn't leave me as ragefilled as Dear John had. Miley Cvrus really gets to show her Streep-level chops as she both expresses HAPPINESS and SADNESS within one movie! No, really. I got perhaps 10 to 15 minutes into the movie before i figured out it was gonna be the dad that bit it in this masterpeice ) !!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!(
Side note: Fuck the dollar movie theater i give them a
-fuckyou/suckmydick because what the fuck was i expected to do for the rest of the movie except pound off a couple times at 10 foot tall Miley Cyrus? The arrogance of that manager "Yeah fuck you mr. $13/hour, if my goddamn wife has asked me , repeatedly to stop and i haven't who do you think you are that i am gonna listen to you"
Purely corrupted, expansively shunted, not mysgonistic, so shut up ya cunt pig.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The Wolfman - 5/10 - Not a horrible flick but it is a huge disappointment. Visually decent, good acting with some nice kill shots but there is no fucking flow to this movie whatsoever. It's as if the director cut and pieced each scene together with scotch tape. The last 10 minutes was the best the film had to offer...It was nice to see Emily Blunt get some quality scenes even if they were difficult to pull off because of the shitty framing and lack of scene development.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Hot Tub Time Machine - 7/10. Pretty funny, it seems like they probably cut a lot out, I'll have to look for a director's cut. Lots of quotes, and Craig Robinson is one of the funniest guys on the planet. John Cusack is good as well.
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Unbreakable (20002) - 3/10. Had never seen it until this week. I dig comics and part of it was intruiging but man, that ending....

Never Sleep Again - The Elm Street Legacy (2010) - 8/10. Great doc on the film series.

The Book of Eli (2010) - 8.5/10. Wasn't much of a Denzel fan before, but enjoyed this one a lot.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Hot Tub Time Machine

I LOL'd.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

The Road - 8/10. How this movie got no critical recognition is beyond me. Great scenery, and Viggo Mortensen is one of my favorite actors to watch. I'll have to read the book now.
Out Of The Cellar

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

Crazy Heart - 9/10

A great and believable portrayal of life on the road with music and alcohol. The Falling and Flying song is cool.
Fordtruckman
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by Fordtruckman »

Toy Story 3 give it two thumbs up