Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Bridget »

Crazy Love - 8/10. Burt Pugach falls in love, she won't marry him because he's already married, he hires dudes to blind her with acid, he goes to jail, he gets out, they get married. Sorry for the spoilers, but it's still worth watching.
MissBrownstone
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MissBrownstone »

Bridget wrote:Crazy Love - 8/10. Burt Pugach falls in love, she won't marry him because he's already married, he hires dudes to blind her with acid, he goes to jail, he gets out, they get married. Sorry for the spoilers, but it's still worth watching.
Ah, thanks for the reminder! I saw a trailer for that a couple years ago, meant to go see it and never got around to it. Going in the queue right now.
Trent Reznor wrote:[Metal Sludge is] populated mainly by unattractive plump females who publicly fantasize about having sex with guys in bands.
Funkychik02
Resident Gamecrush Playdate

Post by Funkychik02 »

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell- 10/10
Donnie Vie wrote:
I only read magazines you buy in the store that come on shiny paper.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

MissBrownstone wrote:
Bridget wrote:Crazy Love - 8/10. Burt Pugach falls in love, she won't marry him because he's already married, he hires dudes to blind her with acid, he goes to jail, he gets out, they get married. Sorry for the spoilers, but it's still worth watching.
Ah, thanks for the reminder! I saw a trailer for that a couple years ago, meant to go see it and never got around to it. Going in the queue right now.
Instant streaming, my friend. Use it. Love it.
MissBrownstone

Post by MissBrownstone »

Bridget wrote:
MissBrownstone wrote:
Instant streaming, my friend. Use it. Love it.
Oh, I do. I just added Crazy Love and saw that it has the option. Exxxcellent.
Trent Reznor wrote:[Metal Sludge is] populated mainly by unattractive plump females who publicly fantasize about having sex with guys in bands.
Scaryhead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Scaryhead »

Date Night - 2/10

It was like a typical night of Sludge...

• It starred a few people I genuinely like who were unable to carry an entire movie.

• There were a few scenes that a lot of people really seemed to think were hysterical where I didn't so much as chuckle.

• After coming to the conclusion after two hours that I should have just gone to bed to read, I realized I'd only been staring at the screen for 15 minutes.

• A late reference to female Russian immigrants trying to get paid.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Evil Dead wrote:Piranha 3D - 3/5, this would be a -1 out of 5 if it wasn't for one of the goriest, most gruesome scenes I've ever seen in a movie. Very graphic but the entire first half of the movie is mainly just drunken idiots partying. The piranha attack sequence completely makes up for it though.
Pretty much as described above. 7 outta 10.
Big, dumb, cheesy fun
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Trist805
I LOVE BIG BLACK COCK

Post by Trist805 »

House Bunny- 2/10.

The Chamber- 8/10. Based on the John Grisham novel. One of Gene Hackman's best roles IMO.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Monsters vs Aliens - 8

Watched it whilst stoned. One of the trippiest films i've ever seen.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Scaryhead wrote:Date Night - 2/10

It was like a typical night of Sludge...

• It starred a few people I genuinely like who were unable to carry an entire movie.

• There were a few scenes that a lot of people really seemed to think were hysterical where I didn't so much as chuckle.

• After coming to the conclusion after two hours that I should have just gone to bed to read, I realized I'd only been staring at the screen for 15 minutes.

• A late reference to female Russian immigrants trying to get paid.
:lol:
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
biff malibu
Recording Your Demo

Post by biff malibu »

Goodfellas - a perfect 10. This film is brilliant on every level.

The Final Conflict (The Omen 3) - Oh man! I don't know what to make of this movie..OK, yeah it was shit. The ending was terrible I felt embarrassed for the film makers watching it.

Last night I caught the final 20 minutes of 'Let the right one in' and it was amazing and left itself in my sub conscience. I must watch the whole thing.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

The International - 7/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

FullDJacket wrote:
Space Bear wrote:
FullDJacket wrote:District 9 - 3 / 10 - I was hoping for something like Children of men. Very disappointed that it was a parody.
Goes to show you, one man's trash is another man's treasure. District 9 gets a 11/10 from me. I love everything about it, it's the only movie in the past decade I will watch over and over again.
Maybe if I wasn't expecting serious sci-fi I would've liked it better. You gotta admit that the movie has alot parody elements.
Yeah, I can understand if you felt mislead into seeing something you didn't expect. I watched it the first time with no knowledge of it, other than it was a sci-fi film.

I used to always get all the info on a movie I was going to see, but lately I'm trying to do it like "the old days" before the 'net spoiled all new releases. I find I'm enjoying stuff more, not knowing anything about it.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

I had four hours to kill last night, so Gone With The Wind, it was.

A perfect fucking 10 of a movie. 8)

Oh, and I dug up Happy Birthday To Me which is playing right now. Another perfect 10. Re-make this one and die.
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

The Phantom Of Paris. Starring Leila Hyams. 7/10.

Didn't see the whole thing. I'm still not sure what it was about. Confusing movie.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

The Punisher War Zone - 6
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
VinnieKulick

Post by VinnieKulick »

Nanny McPhee Returns 7/10.
ImageImage
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

The Filth And The Fury - 10/10.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

American Swing

Documentary about the swingers' club, Plato's Retreat, that existed in NYC in the 70's. You really understand why they call it the "sexual revolution" after watching this movie! Flabby 70's bodies having big orgies on dirty mattresses in a filthy club. Guys jerking it into a big swimming pool and girls swimming though it with their big bushes and saggy boobs. So gross! But funny, and interesting. It's sleezy, and I think they could have gone deeper (no pun intended) with the subject matter, but it's worth watching. All these old people now talking about their threesomes and orgies from their youth is a little disturbing, though.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Shutter Island - still not good. Mr. Bridget got it from Netflix and was reading a magazine halfway through it. I had already seen it and didn't like it any better this time around.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Hell In A Circus - 7/10. Starring Leila Hyams.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

I saw Expendables on Friday night and it was pretty bad. I'd give it a 3 out of 10. If it weren't for the actors in it, it would be a 0 out 10.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Wow. Vampires Suck looks like a winner.

6 % Tomatometer
How does the Tomatometer work
Reviews Counted:51

Fresh:3
Rotten:48
Average Rating:2.1/10
Consensus: Witlessly broad and utterly devoid of laughs, Vampires Suck represents a slight step forward for the Friedberg-Seltzer team.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
John Simon Ritchie

A 2 word review for The Last Exorcism:

Shit sandwich.

Rating: 2 outta 10.

I also saw the trailer for the remake of one of the movies that I loved as a kid, even though it gave me nightmares forever..."Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark." I actually think this will be great as a remake as there is so much more they can do with it these days. I just hope they don't royally fuck it up.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
YYC

Post by YYC »

Clash of the Titans--6/10 Not great by any means, but it was a fun big-budget action flick. Given how bad the original sucked, they had nowhere to go but up.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:A 2 word review for The Last Exorcism:

Shit sandwich.

I also saw the trailer for the remake of one of the movies that I loved as a kid, even though it gave me nightmares forever..."Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark." I actually think this will be great as a remake as there is so much more they can do with it these days. I just hope they don't royally fuck it up.
Just got back from seeing it. I'd give it a higher rating than 2/10 personally. It's very similar in feel to Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity. I'd say maybe 6/10.
John Simon Ritchie

Indy_Rob wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:A 2 word review for The Last Exorcism:

Shit sandwich.

Just got back from seeing it. I'd give it a higher rating than 2/10 personally. It's very similar in feel to Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity. I'd say maybe 6/10.
Fair enough, but I thought Paranormal Activity was über shit as well. The only reason I even remotely like Blair With is because it was something relatively new at the time. It still stands head and shoulders above this tripe, IMO.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Gay Purr-ee - 10/10.

It's a cute animated movie from the 60's. It features the voice of Judy Garland. It's about a cat named Mewsette from the French countryside who decides to go to Paris because she's tired of the country life.
Last edited by Kristi Vanian on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Kristi Vicious wrote:Gay Purr-ee - 10/10.

It's a cute animated move from the 60's. It features the voice of Judy Garland. It's about a girl cat from the French countryside who decides to go to Paris because she's tired of the country life.

Great kids flick, been turning the younger generation onto that film for ages. Must have bought the VHS about 10 times, need to get it on DVD. The Gay Purr-ee and Rikki-Tikki-Tavi are like a time capsule.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

UtahRatt wrote:
Kristi Vicious wrote:Gay Purr-ee - 10/10.

It's a cute animated move from the 60's. It features the voice of Judy Garland. It's about a girl cat from the French countryside who decides to go to Paris because she's tired of the country life.

Great kids flick, been turning the younger generation onto that film for ages. Must have bought the VHS about 10 times, need to get it on DVD. The Gay Purr-ee and Rikki-Tikki-Tavi are like a time capsule.
Hmm, somehow I never heard of this one. Just added to the queue. And Rikki-Tikki is badass.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.