Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Woosh »

MurrayFiend wrote:Silver Linings Playbook- 9/10. Glad I finally got around to seeing this; excellent performances all around.
Agreed.

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
7.5/10
I thought this was really good, but I know for a fact that not everyone will disagree, because I heard audible groans once the film cut to credits. Another person said, "YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE?!" :lol:
I thought Hobbit could have been a great two-parter, but I just WATCH movies at the moment, so what do I know? I'm following Peter and company wherever they decide to take us, and looking forward to the War of 5 Armies.

If you like Benedict Cumberbatch, then you can add a .5 to my rating, making a solid 8. He's in it, and he's very good.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
Triumph
Headlining Clubs

Post by Triumph »

"Antichrist" - 5/10

Slower than a dog trying to shit after eating a wheel of cheese. I'm blown away that Willem Dafoe attached his name to this crap. It's only shocking if you think 25 seconds of a random Redtube.com video is shocking. A quick handjob with a bloody moneyshot and showing actual penetration in slow-mo using body doubles still does not make a watchable movie.

Forget the sex scenes. When you attempt to show a slow motion scene of a baby falling out of a window to it's death and even manage to make THAT boring... you've failed.
Nemesis
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nemesis »

Triumph wrote:"Antichrist" - 5/10

Slower than a dog trying to shit after eating a wheel of cheese. I'm blown away that Willem Dafoe attached his name to this crap. It's only shocking if you think 25 seconds of a random Redtube.com video is shocking. A quick handjob with a bloody moneyshot and showing actual penetration in slow-mo using body doubles still does not make a watchable movie.

Forget the sex scenes. When you attempt to show a slow motion scene of a baby falling out of a window to it's death and even manage to make THAT boring... you've failed.

God, I started to watch that one night and couldn't take the dullness. It's supposed to be one of those "greatest movies of all time" but wow, it was so slow and boring.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Elysium - left with more questions than answers.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

now you see me...9/10...overall really good...great story with a good twist...watch the extended blu ray if you have interest as it fills in more story...d.m.
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

The Big wedding (2013) Robert DeNiro, Susan sarandon, Amanda Seyfried, Katherine Heigl, Topher Grace

Pretty funny romantic comedy 8/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
theglammerthebetter

I am Britney jean (2013) 10/10

I would have taken 2 more hours i was fanboying like crazy cant wait to get to vegas and see the show
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

theglammerthebetter wrote:I am Britney jean (2013) 10/10

I would have taken 2 more hours i was fanboying like crazy cant wait to get to vegas and see the show

Is this in theatres now?
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by TenBenny »

"Her" - 9/10

Great movie, and very timely as far as the examination of technology. It's almost all Phoenix, but Scarlett Johansson gives a terrific performance as the offscreen voice of his intuitive computer OS.

"American Hustle" - 9/10

David O. Russell hits Scorsese territory and succeeds in full. Maybe not the deepest drama, but certainly the most entertaining movie of the awards season so far. We'll see if "The Wolf of Wall Street" can match it.

Amy Adams is in both of these movies. Big fan of hers here, and her roles couldn't be more different from one to the next.
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

TenBenny wrote:"Her" - 9/10

Great movie, and very timely as far as the examination of technology. It's almost all Phoenix, but Scarlett Johansson gives a terrific performance as the offscreen voice of his intuitive computer OS.
Watched "Her" tonight. I really liked it, even though there were points where it verged into ridiculous, for me anyway, and it was a smidge too long, for me anyway. But overall definitely enjoyed it and thought Joaquin did a fabulous job playing against a voice for two hours. Also really makes you think about how close to reality that whole thing is...
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

TenBenny wrote: "American Hustle" - 9/10

David O. Russell hits Scorsese territory and succeeds in full. Maybe not the deepest drama, but certainly the most entertaining movie of the awards season so far. We'll see if "The Wolf of Wall Street" can match it.
How would you rate Jennifer Lawrence's performance in Hustle? I keep hearing people giving her like serious Oscar buzz and I'm kinda on the fence, although I thought the movie was great, and I definitely picked up on Russell being a son of Scorsese in this film

I don't know if I could give it a 9, but it's deffo better than 8. My verdict? 8.5. This film is what halves were made for.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
theglammerthebetter

Woosh wrote:

Is this in theatres now?
No it aired on tv last night
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

Triumph wrote:"Antichrist" - 5/10

Thank you.
I couldn't even get past the baby falling it was so fucking boring
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

Antichrist was a doo-doo bomb of suck. To the point, I'm like "Fuck Serge Gainsbourg, by proxy" just because his daughter was involved in that bullshit.

I rewatched L.A. Confidential on HBOGO last night and I think I liked it even more the second time around. About as perfect as a noir-type movie can get. It's got it all: criminal activity, sex, femme fatale, plot twists and turns. A good movie has you switching personal allegiances as it pertains to the film's protagonist multiple times throughout, and that's exactly what this movie manages to do. I have no problem whatsoever giving this film a 10/10.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

I loved Antichrist!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

LouDoo wrote:I loved Antichrist!
Be honest: you just watched the penetration scene over and over and over and over and over...................and over. Right?
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Fat_Elvis wrote:
TenBenny wrote:"Her" - 9/10

Watched "Her" tonight. I really liked it, even though there were points where it verged into ridiculous, for me anyway, and it was a smidge too long, for me anyway. But overall definitely enjoyed it and thought Joaquin did a fabulous job playing against a voice for two hours. Also really makes you think about how close to reality that whole thing is...
Oh, totally. The movie on some level felt like plausible not-too-distant sci-fi.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Woosh wrote:
TenBenny wrote: "American Hustle" - 9/10

How would you rate Jennifer Lawrence's performance in Hustle? I keep hearing people giving her like serious Oscar buzz and I'm kinda on the fence, although I thought the movie was great, and I definitely picked up on Russell being a son of Scorsese in this film

I don't know if I could give it a 9, but it's deffo better than 8. My verdict? 8.5. This film is what halves were made for.
Well, interestingly enough, I think she's a terrific actor, and I thought she was really good in this movie, too, but there were times when I kind of felt like she didn't quite have the vibe down (as a native New Yorker born and raised, you look for a sense of that inhabited authenticity). She's selling a complex, lived-in character, but she didn't quite nail it for me, although I thought she had enough great moments in the film to lock down a very good performance.
Nemesis
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nemesis »

Woosh wrote:

Is this in theatres now?
No, it's on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elOp-QPORkA

Britney and the Kardashians. What excellent taste he has.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

Fuck the Kardashians. Or the Cardassians, as we Trekkies call 'em.

But Britney? She's OUR Marilyn.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
theglammerthebetter

Margarita(2012) Movie is about a lesbian mexican nanny 6/10
DSAB
Headlining Clubs

Post by DSAB »

Woosh wrote:Fuck the Kardashians. Or the Cardassians, as we Trekkies call 'em.

The Cheeto Bandit is your Marilyn? Who is your Liz Taylor....Ke$ha?

Tales From The Crypt, the Joan Collins Xmas scene - 8/10
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

I hope you were being sarcastic.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:

Do I sound like I was being sarcastic? :lol:
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Woosh wrote:
TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:

Do I sound like I was being sarcastic? :lol:

I'm kinda slow . . . :?
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom - 4-1/2 out of 5...stars Idris Elba as Nelson Mandela and Naomie Harris as Winnie Mandela, telling his life story from childhood through prison and ending with his election as President of South Africa.

A very well done film that tries to pack 70 years into 2-1/2 hours of film. Idris Elba does a fantastic job bringing the legend and life of Mandela to the screen. You will see this film as well as Idris Elba and Naomie Harris up for Academy Awards later.

The film does try to downplay Nelsons "terrorist" years with the ANC, and actually push it more onto Winnie, but they atleast do not hide the fact that he was a proponent for some time of using violence, even against civilians.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
ren13
Headlining Clubs

Post by ren13 »

I watched The Wolverine today.
6.5/10
Eat it.
theglammerthebetter

The Colony (2013) Lawrence Fishburne and Bill paxton

Movie is about people being forced underground cause of a new ice age 6/10
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

"The Wolf of Wall Street" - 7.5/10

Very good movie, and I really liked it, but not great. I think Scorsese's simply mined this kind of machismo before and it felt like it was a case of stating the obvious. If you look at it in terms of a batshit crazy tale of excess, there's a loopy, great madness to it all. The direction, writing and performances are all terrifically hilarious and debaucherous, but the movie I saw before this was the similarly greed-minded "American Hustle," which I think had much more nuance to it.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

ren13 wrote:I watched The Wolverine today.
6.5/10
I was very disappoint with this film. And I'm not a comic book freak, but I did read them when I was younger, and it could have been so much more. He should have been eating ninjas for breakfast like it was nothing!

More of this:

I mean, Hugh Jackman ain't going to be around FOREVER, they need to get things right! :lol:
IF UR ONE OF US THEN