A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Facedown »

Goon - 7/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Wimbledon (2004) Kirsten Dunst, Paul Bettany great rom com 9/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Midwestmetalgod
Headlining Clubs

Post by Midwestmetalgod »

Full Metal Jacket- Stanley Kubrick's entry into the post Platoon Vietnam era films. Gritty, violent and dark. Fictional account of a Marine journalist's basic training and battle experience. Featuring R. Lee Ermey's oft quoted and sampled drill sargeant dialogue. 7/10
theglammerthebetter

The Scandalous lady W (2015) Pretty good period drama 7.5/10
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Black_Frost wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:How Denver got this far is like how the Panthers got this far..........I'm buying the drinks if they both go down next week.
Interesting, sounds like you've already drank all the drinks.........

Now back on topic for the thread:

Fat Pizza vs. Housos (I don't even know how to rate this movie) 50km from my house over in suburbs like Ipswitch, Logan, Brownsplains, and Inala, and this no longer is a fictitious movie but a documentary on life in Northern Australia. Want to know what it's really like to live in Australia with Bogans, Yobbos, Dole Bludgers, and Shazzas. This is the movie for you.
And to top it off I probably put the movie review in the football thread.

----------------------

Jupiter Ascending - 4/10 - Super, they managed to make a Sify flick with Mila Kunis, Channing Tatum and Sean Bean almost unwatchable. Great for ages 10 and under.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Stoker (2013) - 8/10:
First English movie by Chan-wook Park. Very stylish, but still edgy enough. Mia Wasikowska is great and Nicole Kidman provides some hotness. The only negative is the glaring Dexter parallels.

Wither (2012) - 5/10:
Pretty pointless Swedish Evil Dead rip-off. Too well-produced to be indy, too shit to be taken seriously.

The Brood (1979) - 7/10:
Classic Cronenberg horror with creepy mutant kids and one amazingly horrific birth scene.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote: Attack the Block (2011) - 7/10:
Sci-Fi/horror-comedy that's original through a somewhat realistic setting. Think Shawn of the Dead with flawed London ghetto kids fighting cops and aliens. Starring some dude from Star Wars, I guess.
Holy fuck!
I knew I seen that black dude in Star Wars before. He did a good job in Attack The Block. I even recall thinking I liked his acting and I'd see him in other films down the road..That just gave me a acid flash back.

Attack the Block 7/10 - Seen it a couple years ago and liked it. I tend to like UK films more then Hollywood, they do more with a budget and they're more realistic with the way people would act even with the added humor. I guess what I'm trying to say is US films are over the top.
All the characters fit great in the movie, the Chick was perfect. I liked that dudes sister? I think she killed one with a lamp, she was all business.....I'll have to see this one again.

Probs: No one is going to call you Mayhem if you keep acting like such a pussy!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Zorro, The Gay Blade (1981) Until yesterday, I literally hadn't seen this movie since the day I saw it in the theater. Dated, yes. Entertaining, eh yeah kinda. Not for the pc crowd these days, but I do find George Hamilton pretty entertaining. 6.5/10
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Fletch wrote:Zorro, The Gay Blade (1981) Until yesterday, I literally hadn't seen this movie since the day I saw it in the theater. Dated, yes. Entertaining, eh yeah kinda. Not for the pc crowd these days, but I do find George Hamilton pretty entertaining. 6.5/10
I love that movie. Cracks me up, every time.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Black_Frost wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:How Denver got this far is like how the Panthers got this far..........I'm buying the drinks if they both go down next week.

Fat Pizza vs. Housos (I don't even know how to rate this movie) 50km from my house over in suburbs like Ipswitch, Logan, Brownsplains, and Inala, and this no longer is a fictitious movie but a documentary on life in Northern Australia. Want to know what it's really like to live in Australia with Bogans, Yobbos, Dole Bludgers, and Shazzas. This is the movie for you.

Have not seen Fat Pizza vs Houso's yet but back in 1990-91 I was friends with a girl who lived in the street where houso's was filmed (I can't remember her house but it could be next door to the one that is used on the show, hell it could even be the one on the show lol) and we used to hang out on that bridge all the time, it was quite funny the first time I watched houso's and remembered that area
Black_Frost
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Black_Frost »

BootyDaddy69 wrote:
Black_Frost wrote:

Have not seen Fat Pizza vs Houso's yet but back in 1990-91 I was friends with a girl who lived in the street where houso's was filmed (I can't remember her house but it could be next door to the one that is used on the show, hell it could even be the one on the show lol) and we used to hang out on that bridge all the time, it was quite funny the first time I watched houso's and remembered that area
I had never seen it, and came across it by accident when I flicked over to a station and was staring at Shazza going full mental bogan on one of the kiwis. I couldn't look away because at first I thought it might be some 9 news footage of something happening in Inala lol. The movie made me laugh but it also made me really sad that I know so many people like that here in Brissy - especially if you hit the valley at night.
fuck off, kid. I have ticket stubs older than you.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gazpacho wrote:
Fletch wrote:The Revenant - Great film, one of those that I can honestly recommend that needs to be seen on the big screen. The scenery, acting and blood and gore are outstanding. It's looong, but totally worth it. 9/10

Totally agree
Saw it this morning
Saw the film this evening. Great film and well deserving of all the awards that it has won and will in the near future.
All shot via natural light. Not sure if that has been done before, but quite the achievement. The scene with the bear vs Leo was shot perfectly.
Best film of the year
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Out of Sight ***

"Heat" with j.lo and Clooney and sexual tension.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
puzzleface

Post by puzzleface »

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.

9/10.

Loved it.
theglammerthebetter

Mad Max Fury Road(2015) Charlize Theron but Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was much hotter looking

I have never seen any of the old 80's movie but this one was
Way too long its basically its a 2 hour car chase 6/10
theglammerthebetter

Carrie (2013) Chloe Grace Moretz Julianne Moore

Never saw the original but this movie was pretty good, Chloe looked hot, she made those bitches pay,only thing missing was the Europe song 8/10
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Bad Influence (1990) - a well timed thriller that came out in the same time span as Rob's pseudo sex scandal. Starring Lowe as the ever willing grifter type and James Spader as his initially reluctant stooge/admirer/patsy A lot better than what I recall, still a very enjoyable flick. Nudity, drug use, profanity, a thin Spader, a loathesomely enjoyable Rob. If it comes on Encore, dvr it. 7/10
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower - 8/10 :oops:
Didn't expect to like it at all.
RIP David Bowie
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Fletch wrote:Bad Influence (1990) - a well timed thriller that came out in the same time span as Rob's pseudo sex scandal. Starring Lowe as the ever willing grifter type and James Spader as his initially reluctant stooge/admirer/patsy A lot better than what I recall, still a very enjoyable flick. Nudity, drug use, profanity, a thin Spader, a loathesomely enjoyable Rob. If it comes on Encore, dvr it. 7/10
The Highway
https://youtu.be/soE5mhUVpFc
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

American Gangster
8/10
Have seen this many times but wanted to watch again over the weekend.
Denzel and Crowe both put on outstanding performances in this film.
ratt_gang_member
Headlining Clubs

Post by ratt_gang_member »

The Hateful Eight - I give it a, uh, eight.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Bückets N Möps: Alternative reality sci fi movie about what the boys in Mötley Crüe would be doing had MTV never existed. 10/10
U-94
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by U-94 »

Machado wrote:American Gangster
8/10
Have seen this many times but wanted to watch again over the weekend.
Denzel and Crowe both put on outstanding performances in this film.
People were waiting for them to team up again after this gem.

Someday you can cry for everyone
Who burned when you were clever
theglammerthebetter

Wall Street Money Never Sleeps (2010) Hadnt seen it since it came out in theatres

Sequel to my all time favorite movie, of course not as good as the 1st one but still a solid 8/10. Still got goosebumps from the scene between Gordon and Bud Fox.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

L.A. Slasher (2015) - 1/10
Hope Lost (2015) - 2/10
The Hoarder (2015) - 4/10

Three terrible horror movies starring Mischa Barton, in the same year, no less. She really knows how to pick 'em. They're not even low-budget or anything. There's big names and actual actors involved. Still all shit. Nobody's naked either. It's like they're not even trying.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

I kinda got accidentally sucked into watching 50 Shades Of Grey last night. I always underestimate the entertainment value of watching a ridiculous movie every now and then.

I wish we would have had a drinking game where you take a shot every time Dakota Johnson's nipples make an appearance. Never thought I would get to the point in a movie where it's like "Okay, it's enough on her tits already. I got it. If I was all that turned on by them I'd have already jerked off about ten times by now."

(Spoiler)

The whole movie is "Yes, I want you to beat me", then he beats her and she says "Nope". Totally shocking plot development, right? Just saved you an hour and a half of shitty story and some awful Beyoncé music.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Black_Frost

Post by Black_Frost »

Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948) 7/10 Had not seen this movie since a i was a kid and enjoyed it far more then trying to watch old movies from the 1980's that are just intensely cringe worthy.

What I never noticed as a kid, but definitely notice as an adult is the sharing of obvious physical humor from previous era and same era comedians. There were numerous times in this movie where they were both channeling a decent amount of 3 stooges physical humor as well as both of them lifting some of the physical and verbal humor of Laurel and Hardy. Makes sense though, as Lou Costello was in a Laurel and Hardy movie before he went on to make a name for himself.

Loved the movie, and loved the fact it had Lon Chaney and Bela Lugosi playing the monster roles that they are most famous for.
fuck off, kid. I have ticket stubs older than you.
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote: L.A. Slasher (2015) - 1/10
Hope Lost (2015) - 2/10
The Hoarder (2015) - 4/10

Three terrible horror movies starring Mischa Barton, in the same year, no less. She really knows how to pick 'em. They're not even low-budget or anything. There's big names and actual actors involved. Still all shit. Nobody's naked either. It's like they're not even trying.
There's always reruns of The OC you could watch.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

I don't really expect her to be naked in that shit either.

Garden of Love a.k.a. Born Undead a.k.a. The Haunting of Rebecca Verlaine (2003) - 6/10:
Olaf Ittenbach gore horror that almost has an actual, coherent plot. Not sure that's such a good thing, but it's worth it for the lead zombie played by the singer of Germany's biggest 80s punk band Die Ärzte.
theglammerthebetter

The Riot Club(2014) Kinda like a british version of the skulls 7/10

Entourage (2015) Already seen it on the big screen but its now on tv still very good VICTORY 8.5/10