A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Machado »

puzzleface wrote:
Machado wrote:
puzzleface wrote:Star Wars - The Force Awakens. Solid 10/10. Thank you Amazon Prime for dropping this for HD Streaming this last weekend. $17.99 well spent and have watched it 3 times already on top of the twice I saw it in the theater.
Saw the film last night for the first time. I give the movie a 5/10
Lackluster. Luke appears in the movie at the very, very end. Never says a word but the viewer is supposed to get excited about the scene? I don't think so.
I understand that Finn and Rey had to be the main focus of the story and having Luke appear at the very end sets up the next film, but I found the movie
predictable and slow many times. Han is killed by his son. Someone who looks like a cross between Nic Cage and Nick Simmons :lol:
Seen loads of people who saw this movie as a modern day re-make of A New Hope. I know people will try to pick it apart for lots of reasons. But the experience of seeing it was like I was 5 years old seeing the first film with my parents. It was a very well made movie. JJ Abrams knows how to make these films appeal to old and new fans just like with his reboot of the Star Trek films. He knows the right balance of action, drama and humor.

However......enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs3sVrm_W4o
i agree with many of the people who say this movie was a modern day re-make of A New Hope. the similarities were endless. anyway, JJ is a great filmmaker so i'm sure he will make up for this dud with a great second movie. is
the release date still late 2017?
Midwestmetalgod
Headlining Clubs

Post by Midwestmetalgod »

We are Twisted F$#@ing Sister! 5/10 Covers their first ten years, some cool vintage footage of the early lineups and cover band stuff, but mainly follows the same formula of other recent docs and nothing really new that wasn't covered on their Behind the Music.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Criminal Activities. 5/10. Highly cliched story of a bunch of young gangster wanna-bes trying to rip off a mob boss. Only saw it because Michael Pitt was in it.

And John Travolta has turned into a mannequin. Holeeeee shit!
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Trash(2014) Martin Sheen Rooney Mara Movie is about three kids working/living in a Rio dump 7/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

The Great Gatsby - 7/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Batman Vs. Superman 2/10 Pretty crappy. Superman is a drip. Batman is being unreasonable with Superman. Wonder Woman shows up and does some shit with a magic sword. Superman is paralyzed by some kryponite dust, yet can handle a kryponite spear to destroy a stupid monster. Superman dies, but there will be another movie so unfortunately he won't stay dead.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

All Things Must Pass 8/10 Great doc on Tower Records. Really enjoyed it.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Superman vs Batman: 5/10 - All the criticisms are accurate, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Won't be seeing it again, but enjoyed my time in the theatre. And to the commnent above about Superman being a drip, Cavill seems far less of a drip to me than either Reeves or Routh.

Secret in their Eyes: 7/10 - Good solid thriller, quite bleak. Never heard much about this one, but i dug it.

Black Mass: 8.5/10 - Excellent. I wish Depp picked less duds, because he's still great in the right role.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
theglammerthebetter

Trainwreck(2015) Amy Schumer, Could have done without the John Cena sex scenes but he was pretty funny 7.5/10. The real kick in that balls was her having Colin Quinn play her dad and have her place him in an old folks home man we are all getting old :cry:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The Hateful Eight
9.5/10
Might be QT's best movie he has made to date. I still remember the night he was on Jay Leno and he mentioned he wanted to write a western and that a western
would be his next film. QT nailed it.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Birdman of Alcatraz (1962) - 8/10:
I initially watched this to make fun of it in front of somebody, but I couldn't help feeling for Burt Lancaster and his stupid birds. This has ten times the emotion of sappy shit like The Green Mile. It's like a less dramatic Papillon or something.

Interview (2007) - 7/10:
Two person play type movie with Steve Buscemi, as a demoted foreign affairs reporter, and Sienna Miller, as her self. The twists are pretty contrived, but it still works for me. Sienna Miller is hot.

Z for Zachariah (2015) - 5/10:
I expected more of this. The apocalypse doesn't even matter, it's just a boring-ass soap opera love triangle. Margot Robbie is hot, though.

The Dead Zone (1983) - 6/10:
Cronenberg is never really bad, but this is hardly the definitive Stephen King adaptation many people claim it is.
genesracoonwig
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by genesracoonwig »

Room - 8.5/10 - really good psychological drama with great performances by everyone involved.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Homefront - 7/10

Dallas Buyers Club - 8/10

Ender's Game - 6/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Play It Cool - 7/10.
theglammerthebetter

Mr Holmes(2015) Ian McKellan Laura Linney. Movie is about a 93 years old Sherlock Holmes 7.5/10
theglammerthebetter

Heart felt(2016) Emmanuelle Vaugier. Tv movie, a romantic comedy for bored housewives 6/10
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Heart felt(2016) Emmanuelle Vaugier. Tv movie, a romantic comedy for bored housewives 6/10
Must have suited your tastes quite nicely!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Strangeland (1998) - 6/10:
The Dee Snider thriller. Not as bad as I thought, Dee's actually pretty cool here. Also nice to see Robert Englund and Linda Cardellini.

The Stranger (2014) - 5/10:
New spin on the vampire genre. Not a bad premise but dragging a lot and not enough Lorenza Izzo.

Vampire in Venice (1988) - 4/10:
This is supposed to be the sequel to Nosferatu the Vampyre, also with Klaus Kinski in the lead. By comparison, this is a total shit sandwich. Kinski looks stupid and nothing makes any sense. Barbara De Rossi is super hot, though.

Get Hard (2015) - 7/10:
Typical retarded Will Ferrell comedy.
theglammerthebetter

Dom Hemingway(2013) Jude law plays a crazy ex con trying to get his life back together 7.5/10
Huge Ackman
Music Fan

Post by Huge Ackman »

Deadpool - 7/10
The Force Awakens - 6/10
Arab Street Hookers 2 - 10/10
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

The Birdcage (1996) 4/10- the first half is fairly amusing, but it starts getting repetitive and boring when they try to sneak out Gene Hackman and family. I've never seen the French original, but I heard that's much better.

Iceman (1984)- 5/10- This little known film is about a group of scientists and medical doctors in the Arctic reviving a 40,000 year old Neanderthal defrosted from ice. The acting is really good from Timothy Hutton, Lindsay Crouse, and John Lone, but the script and direction were kind of weak. This is a techno-drama which should have been rewritten as a techno-thriller, a la Michael Crichton.

Crimson Tide (1995) 3/10- This is another one of those films where the script is mediocre from jump street, then they get a moron on like Quentin Tarantino or Joss Whedon to "punch up" the dialogue. And that punch up results in idiotic pop culture references about comic books and other stupid shit. The premise of a nuclear submarine faced with a tactical and moral quandary is an interesting idea, and squandered with silly-assed dialogue. Good acting from Hackman, Denzel, George Dzundza, and a young Viggo Mortenson.

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
theglammerthebetter

Wolf Totem(2015) 2 hour Chinese movie with subtitles,it looked amazing 7/10
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Sling Blade (1997)- 8/10- I hadn't seen this in a few years and they've been playing it on cable. Great script and Dwight Yoakum should have been nominated for an Oscar. Independent films rarely reach this level of sophistication, humor, and moral gravity. Usually we get schlock from rich fat morons from New York like Lena Dunham.

Bringing Out The Dead (1999)- 5/10- Like all Scorsese films, it's competently made and watchable, but it's in that genre of late-90s stream-of-conciousness nihilistic crap like Fight Club. It's silly and empty, with a shit soundtrack by the likes of REM and Natalie Merchant.

New York Stories (1989)- 5/10- Anthology film. The first vignette by Martin Scorsese is excellent, 8/10. It stars Nick Nolte as a famous artist and his tempestuous relationship with girlfriend played by Rosanna Arquette, who looks fantastic. The second is by Francis Coppola and supposedly written by his airheaded and talentless daughter Sofia Coppla. It is unwatchable. The third is by Woody Allen and is mildly funny.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
theglammerthebetter

Man VS(2015) Its kinda like those tv show we get on cable it was about a guy who gets dumped in the wood for 5 days and films it for his tv series 6.5/10

Beeba Boys(2015) Indo Canadian gang war movie 5/10
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by TenBenny »

"The Jungle Book" 9/10

Terrific. Between this, "Chef" and the first "Iron Man," Favreau has become one of my favorite filmmakers.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Failed Ca$h Grab (2016) - Documentary on the failed GNR reunion. 10/10
skatexedge
Headlining Clubs

Post by skatexedge »

Huge Ackman wrote:Deadpool - 7/10
The Force Awakens - 6/10
Arab Street Hookers 2 - 10/10
LMAO! That was for family movie night....right?? ;)

theglammerthebetter

Max(2015) Thomas Haden Church ,Lauren Graham. US marines dog movie 7/10
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:
The Green Inferno (2013) - 4/10:
Eli Roth is a dumb-ass. Not because this is his typical teenage slasher with mind-numbingly retarded characters posing as horror, but because he's obviously trying to be political here, and it's embarrassing. I'm not even sure if he's trying to make a point about environmentalism vs. big corporations or just making fun of "social justice warriors" like an ignorant child, but either way it's moronic, not to mention racist as fuck, although I wouldn't really hold that against a cannibal throwback movie. I guess he's banging Lorenza Izzo, who seems to be a terrible actress, but super hot in this. More reasons to hate him. Too bad because the scenery is fucking amazing.

The fact that I didnt see one tittie in a movie featuring teens getting killed AND indigenous persons is the most unforgivable thing about this movie.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Midwestmetalgod
Headlining Clubs

Post by Midwestmetalgod »

The Wraith 7/10 Charlie Sheen's finest moment, and a delectable Sherilyn Fenn and a rocking soundtrack to boot. Supernatural revenge flick dealing with drag racing muscle cars.