Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by saracapri »

What We Do is Secret: MEH. It was okay, I guess. I think the actor who played Darby Crash was pretty good. Then there is Azura Skye, who has only a small part, but who really stands out IMO. Other than that, all the actors suck and I really think this movie is lacking. It's pretty shallow and doesn't even scratch the surface of the LA punk scene, or of Darby's life. It's pointless.

Queen Bee: It's an old piece of Hollywood trash starring Joan Crawford being a bitch. It's alright, but I'm probably the only one in this century who has watched it. I like old movies, but this one is a little boring and way corny,
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
Smells_Like_Bad_Box
Picking a Band Name

Post by Smells_Like_Bad_Box »

Downloaded & watched:
Big Wednesday: 8/10 - Best surfing movie ever made! Great storyline. I enjoyed it when I was a kid & hadn't seen it since...holds up nicely. Almost feels too short.
District 9: 7/10 - Different kind of movie but w/a familiar message. At first I didn't know whether to laugh or take it seriously.
Bruno: 8/10 - Brilliant, I laughed my ass off :lol:. Cohen has some serious balls doing some of this stuff. A bit better than Borat.
Year One: 3.5/10 - Man was I disappointed...so many good comic actors associated w/this flick, in one way or another. I'd heard it wasn't very good but didn't listen. A few funny moments, but as a whole it was a turd. :(
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Hell's Highway: The True Story of Highway Safety Films - 2.5/5 - Meh. Kinda funny in some inappropriate places. Boring, stupid and fucking pointless in others.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Bruno - 7/10

Very funny but not nearly as good as Borat. And I don't think the premise was all that interesting. Homophobic dudes don't appreciate getting aggressively hit on by flamboyantly gay men? You don't say! Still, it was very funny at times. The "fight" scene at the end was epic.

District 9 - 10/10

So far, this ranks up there with Drag Me to Hell as one of my favorite movies this year. I knew nothing about it going into it and came out of it totally floored. Really incredible. Surprisingly heartwarming too.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

The Future Is Unwritten. 9/10. It was better than I thought it would be.
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

District 9: 8/10 - really enjoyed it and could do so again

Angels & Demons: 3/10 - yawnerama

The Damned United: 9/10 - bio-pic loosely based on English football manager Brian Clough during the 70s. Absolutely loved it.

I Love You, Man: 6/10 - better than expected to be honest. Some funny moments in it and Rush fans should watch it. I couldn't watch it again though.

The Boat That Rocked: 2/10 - shit sandwich

Dead Snow: 7/10 - zombie nazi/SS troops tear into a bunch of good natured kids out in the snowy wilderness for the weekend. Surprisingly good.

Grotesque: 1/10 - Japanese horror flick. Brutal and just plain wrong but I'm sure some here would have a leisurely wank while watching it.
drops_of_jupiter
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by drops_of_jupiter »

Watched District 9 the whole way through - I give it 8/10. Was anyone else covering their eyes for that bit where he attempts to cut his alien arm off? A bit of a different take on the whole 'Alienz are taking ova!!' theme - I liked it a lot.

I'm seeing 'Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs' tomorrow with my 3 nieces. In 2D but meh..at least it's free!
AmericanJackass
Headlining Clubs

Post by AmericanJackass »

Supersonic wrote: Dead Snow: 7/10 - zombie nazi/SS troops tear into a bunch of good natured kids out in the snowy wilderness for the weekend. Surprisingly good.
Have you seen Outpost? Kind of along the same lines but zombie nazi/SS troops battle mercenaries.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Death Proof - 5/10. Some kind of cool parts, but not enough to carry the movie. Lots of butt shots, which is good for some viewers, I guess.
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

AmericanJackass wrote:
Supersonic wrote: Dead Snow: 7/10 - zombie nazi/SS troops tear into a bunch of good natured kids out in the snowy wilderness for the weekend. Surprisingly good.
Have you seen Outpost? Kind of along the same lines but zombie nazi/SS troops battle mercenaries.
Looks cool. I've found a DL so I'll watch that. Cheers for the tip
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

It's Alive (Remake) - 3/10

Lame. I kind of like the direction they took the story in but the acting was terrible and the baby looked fucking ridiculous. The only effective scene is where Bijou Phillip's nipple looks like it was bitten by a lamprey.

Sick Girl - 7/10

I really didn't think I would enjoy this one but I did. The acting is a little rough at times but it kept my attention throughout. A brutal, meanspirited movie that's also fun. Total "Holy shit" ending.
Scaryhead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Scaryhead »

saracapri wrote:What We Do is Secret: MEH. It was okay, I guess. I think the actor who played Darby Crash was pretty good. Then there is Azura Skye, who has only a small part, but who really stands out IMO. Other than that, all the actors suck and I really think this movie is lacking. It's pretty shallow and doesn't even scratch the surface of the LA punk scene, or of Darby's life. It's pointless.

It felt a little more cutesy than a movie involving homeless punk rockers, homosexuality, and heroin should have been.
Iron Duck
Headlining Clubs

Post by Iron Duck »

How Wings Are Attached To The Backs Of Angels - 10/10

Went on a film-viewing spree at the National Film Board of Canada's Mediatheque yesterday. Found this gem. Awesome.

Full Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRHVzbJVx8I
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Changeling

Very good movie 8/10, i hated that fucking cop i wanted to scream at my tv :lol:
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Grace: A Love Undying - 4/10. Supposed to be a King-esque suspense movie, but it's kinda weak. Interesting concept, but it fell flat for me.

Next Day Air - 7/10. I thought this one was pretty good, kind of a dark comedy. A couple of lines/scenes were funny as fuck, and the end gets a more serious tone.The only complaint I have is that it kind of ends abruptly.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Saw Wall Street again last night for the first time in forever. I'd forgotten how much I hate Darryl Hannah.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
BD888
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BD888 »

Defiance - 7/10

Film about Belarusian Jews fighting the Nazis in the woods with James Bond and Sabretooth as jewish brothers that save a bunch of other jews from going to nazi death camps. Not a bad film if you can put up the melodramatic music and subplots.
EvilRockPosh
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by EvilRockPosh »

Melissa74 wrote:Sin City. 7/10. Never a dull moment. Maybe a little long. You could definitely tell the parts where Tarantino was "guest director."
Nah. The only scene Tarantino directed is when Jackie Boy's corpse is talking to Dwight in the car.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Tropic Thunder - Watched it again last night for the first time since it came out last summer. Robert Downey Jr. was great in this film. 8.5/10.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

jeffjessie wrote: And another scary preview LOL!

Jeff
LOL!!!
Engine13
Headlining Clubs

Post by Engine13 »

I'm gonna build a time machine so I can go back and kick the fuck out of myself for seeing Transformers-Rise.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

P - 6/10

Thai movie about a stripper who turns into a monster. I saw it as a metaphor for drug addiction. Decent story, a little light on the scares.

Riki-Oh: Story of Ricky - 10/10

Quite possibly the most badass movie ever made.
chickenona
Pimp Jesus

Post by chickenona »

Itjogsamongus wrote:Rent (The Film Of The Broadway Musical) - On a scale of 0 out of 10 singing AIDS sores, I wouldn't give it an HIV cocktail. This movie sucked worse than a dying faggot and I only watched 10 minutes of it.
"Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes..."

My kid made me watch this like four times in a row a couple years ago, when she was still in junior high. Thank Christ I had plenty of morphine to get me through THAT particular trauma. We watched it after I'd thrown my back out shoveling snow. So she got me when I was vulnerable, immobilized and drugged.

RuPaul could have minced into my living room in a bondage skirt, six-inch spike heels and a lentil-filled bra with a dildo stuck up his ass and he wouldn't have brought half as much gay in here as that movie did. Although I did like the part where Idina Menzel sang about sucking milk directly out of a cow's udder.
deathcurse wrote:The secret board you had with Itjogs. You talked about me obsessively on there. There were witnesses.
vaya con DIO

http://nevergetbusted.com/2010/
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Chopper - 8.5/10

An older movie featuring Eric Bana as a criminal who when released assists the police in killing off druglords, but can't control his insanity. Great flick
Mr Yellow Discipline
Dead Billy

Post by Mr Yellow Discipline »

Inglorious Basterds - I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Quentin has got the talentz for making great movies.
Mr Yellow Discipline
Dead Billy

Post by Mr Yellow Discipline »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Inglorious Basterds - I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Quentin has got the talentz for stealing bits and pieces from smaller films and pasting them together and passing them off as original thoughts...
Fixed that for you.

That's what art is all about.
graveyardtramp
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by graveyardtramp »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Inglorious Basterds - I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Quentin has got the talentz for stealing bits and pieces from smaller films and pasting them together and passing them off as original thoughts...
Fixed that for you.
Seconded....QT's been doing that since Reservoir Dogs. What shits me more though are those blind fans and critics who think it's all Tarantino's original thought. I don't mind some of the guy's films...Resrvoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown are all great homages to other films/genres, the Kill Bill films I hated, Death Proof would have made a good 20 minute short, and saw Inglorious Basterds on the weekend and thought it was rubbish - boring, pretentious, uninspired. And since when was David Bowie around singing songs during World War II?
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Jurassic Park- 7/10. Haven't seen it since I was a kid, and I kinda expected to hate it, but it was quite good.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

State of Play.
7/10. Though I could have sworn it was Eddie Vedder instead of Russell Crowe in that flick. I blame the drugs.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

The Mist 9/10

the last scene, ha,ha thats was funny
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"