A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sir Lancelot
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Sir Lancelot »

The Shape of Water
9/10
I was actually impressed with this film. It's a cool take on 50's monster movies. Every character was well written and the acting was top notch. The cinematography and set design was beautiful. I suspect this gets some nominations this year. The lead actress was perfect for this role, she played a mute but it was done so well I couldn't have asked for more. One of my favorite scenes is when she tells the antagonist to fuck off in sign. Perfect!
wolf_blotzer
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by wolf_blotzer »

The Shape of Water -- felt to me like I was watching a live-action remake of an old Disney animated movie (albeit a twisted, offbeat Disney movie...) I'd give it a 6/10.
Sir Lancelot
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sir Lancelot »

wolf_blotzer wrote:The Shape of Water -- felt to me like I was watching a live-action remake of an old Disney animated movie (albeit a twisted, offbeat Disney movie...) I'd give it a 6/10.
Disney with titties & bestiality :twisted:
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by TenBenny »

"Call Me by Your Name" - 9/10

A remarkable movie. Just so artfully made, with terrific performances from Armie Hammer, Timothee Chalamet (from "Lady Bird") and Michael Stuhlbarg. That kid is the real deal, and Hammer gives off a great Robert Redford vibe in this, in what is maybe his best performance to date. One of the award season's top movies for me. I hear the book is equally good, too.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

pieceofme wrote:
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:In the Valley of Violence - 2016 - Ethan Hawke, John Travolta and Taissa Farmiga. Bascially an old West version of John Wick. Very enjoyable. Great dog. 7/10.
Well, the dog dies, and he goes for vengeance. It wasn't nearly as violent and serious as I was expecting. I was expecting the Travolta character to be a lot more brutal as well. It was more tongue in cheek. 5 out of 10 for me.
The dog alone was worth 5...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Keeping Up With The Joneses - 5/10

The Darkness - 4/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cyd »

The "Adventures of Don Juan" with Errol Flynn. 1948 The sword fights in green tights were fast and fierce. Swinging from ropes in castles and hot sex scenes with clothes on. They said he was a lech, a cad, a rake and a gay. But he looks totally hot--his PHOTOS. He died at 50. I checked his net worth and it was $20 million dollars in 2016. 6/10
GreatWhiteSnake

Cyd wrote:The "Adventures of Don Juan" with Errol Flynn. 1948 The sword fights in green tights were fast and fierce. Swinging from ropes in castles and hot sex scenes with clothes on. They said he was a lech, a cad, a rake and a gay. But he looks totally hot--his PHOTOS. He died at 50. I checked his net worth and it was $20 million dollars in 2016. 6/10
Errol's biography was one of the most entertaining reads ever. Also if you haven't already seen it, watch the movie My Favorite Year. Peter O' Toole's character is an endearing Flynn homage...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:
Cyd wrote:The "Adventures of Don Juan" with Errol Flynn. 1948 The sword fights in green tights were fast and fierce. Swinging from ropes in castles and hot sex scenes with clothes on. They said he was a lech, a cad, a rake and a gay. But he looks totally hot--his PHOTOS. He died at 50. I checked his net worth and it was $20 million dollars in 2016. 6/10
Errol's biography was one of the most entertaining reads ever. Also if you haven't already seen it, watch the movie My Favorite Year. Peter O' Toole's character is an endearing Flynn homage...
My Favorite Year is a great movie but Flynn was by most standards a horrible, all around human being. Nazi sympathiser and anti-semite. Possible spy for the axis powers during the war. Mostly rumour but even his family hated his guts.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
Cyd

Post by Cyd »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:
I'm getting THAT BOOK. Seems like he's crazy wild. AND abusive. Except sweet little Olivia De Havaland of all people said on TV she was nuts about him at 19 and put up with his crazy. Biographies are my favorite ... rock stars and old Hollywood. I read a good one on Montgomery Clift. There's a LOT of bios about him. He had Hollywood parties every night of the week. Said he would pass out drunk on the floor in the middle of the living room early in the evening. All the guests would just WALK AROUND HIM and carry on with the party without him! I love that. I also read about 9 bios of Marilyn. I bet Peter O'Toole's bio is great too. He was never better than he was in the "Lion in Winter."
Cyd

Post by Cyd »

stocknsocks wrote: My Favorite Year is a great movie but Flynn was by most standards a horrible, all around human being. Nazi sympathiser and anti-semite. Possible spy for the axis powers during the war. Mostly rumour but even his family hated his guts.
What a dick--I don't know hardly anything about him. Kevin Kline could have played his life story on the big screen. Too old now.

The Cole Porter Story with Cary Grant was amazing too. Those neat old songs and all his fame, success and tragedy. But there was a lot of made up stuff on that old movie.
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

Cyd wrote:
stocknsocks wrote: My Favorite Year is a great movie but Flynn was by most standards a horrible, all around human being. Nazi sympathiser and anti-semite. Possible spy for the axis powers during the war. Mostly rumour but even his family hated his guts.
What a dick--I don't know hardly anything about him. Kevin Kline could have played his life story on the big screen. Too old now.

The Cole Porter Story with Cary Grant was amazing too. Those neat old songs and all his fame, success and tragedy. But there was a lot of made up stuff on that old movie.
Kline would have played the perfect Flynn in his youth. There isn't another actor now that could possibly play him with the same exuberance Flynn showed in his movie roles. And Hollywood isn't self-aware enough to show the truth of both Hollywood and Flynn in that era.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Pure Country Pure Heart (2017) It was a WWE studios film so i wondered which wrestler would be in there and the only one i could spot was Shawn Michaels( what the hell happened to HBK havent watch wrestling in 10+ years but he now has a lazy eye and his face was all fucked up) Not a bad movie 6/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

theglammerthebetter wrote:Great double feature today

The Fate of the Furious(2017) The Rock, Diesel, Statham, Charlize Theron, Kurt Russel Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese, Luda. Just pure fun and entertainment 9/10

A Dog's Purpose(2017)Dennis Quaid Britt Robertson. Loved it even if i cried my eyes out for the last 20 minutes or so 9/10
Have you seen "Hachi: A Dog's Tale"? It's a movie with RIchard Gere and Joan Allen which is a remake of the Japanese film "Hachikō." Very moving story as well. It's hard not to be emotionally swayed by great stories about people and their beloved pets.
theglammerthebetter

TenBenny wrote:

The Fate of the Furious(2017) The Rock, Diesel, Statham, Charlize Theron, Kurt Russel Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese, Luda. Just pure fun and entertainment 9/10

A Dog's Purpose(2017)Dennis Quaid Britt Robertson. Loved it even if i cried my eyes out for the last 20 minutes or so 9/10
Have you seen "Hachi: A Dog's Tale"? It's a movie with RIchard Gere and Joan Allen which is a remake of the Japanese film "Hachikō." Very moving story as well. It's hard not to be emotionally swayed by great stories about people and their beloved pets.
I cried probably for 60 minutes during Hachi saddest movie i have ever seen
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

theglammerthebetter wrote:
TenBenny wrote:

I'm with ya there.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

TenBenny wrote:
theglammerthebetter wrote:
TenBenny wrote:
I'm with ya there.
Put Hachi in a circus though, and fuck that dog.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Mr.Happyface
Headlining Clubs

Post by Mr.Happyface »

Last Jedi - 2/10

Visually it looks good with a couple cool scenes but storywise for me it was awful.
MurrayFiend wrote:DJ Ashba is the worst thing to happen to GN'R's live show since Axl's tiny shorts.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Mr.Happyface wrote:Last Jedi - 2/10

Visually it looks good with a couple cool scenes but storywise for me it was awful.
Worse than the Force Awakens?
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
theglammerthebetter

Maudie(2016) Sally Hawkins Ethan Hawke 7/10

Captain Underpants:The first Epic Movie (2017) 3/10
GreatWhiteSnake

Can't remember the title but it was Harry Potter as an undercover FBI agent trying to crack a white supremacist terrorist organization. Not good. 5/10....
theglammerthebetter

Goon: Last of the Enforcers(2017) Seann Williams Scott, Liev Schreiber, Jay Baruchel ,TJ Miller ,Allison Pill, Elisha Cuthbert(hadnt seen her in years still looking HOT AF)

Not as fun as the first one but still entertaining 7/10
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Digging Up The Marrow - 5/10

Honeymoon - 6/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Allied - Brad Pitt WW2 movie. 8/10
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
theglammerthebetter

A Rising Tide (2015) Tim Daly 4.5/10
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Blackway - Anthony Hopkins, Julia Stiles 7/10
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Brainstorm (1983) - 6/10:
Awesomely dated sci-fi thriller with Christopher Walken and Natalie Wood, about the dark sides of their invention of a device that lets people digitally transfer real sensations and experiences. Lots of murderous cyber sex ensues.

The Dancer (2016) - 7/10:
The story of Loïe Fuller's development of some groundbreaking skirt dance shit. She was also a lesbian, so she's played by French pop starlet turned actress Soko. She's good, and she gets naked.

Selma (2014) - 8/10:
About MLK's 1965 march in Alabama while fighting for the Voting Rights Act.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - 3/10:
This was on TV late at night and since I keep seeing people call this the best movie since some batman which totally sucked, I naturally gave it a chance. Wow. Total shit sandwich. I honestly can't figure out why this has any appeal to people who aren't glowing superhero nerds and also 9 years old.
theglammerthebetter

Brimstone(2016) Dakota Fanning Guy Pearce , I dont know who decided to make a 2 ½ hour R rated western starring those 2 but he must have lost a shit ton of money, still good movie with plenty of nudity as well sadly none from Dakota 7/10
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

IT - liked it much better than i thought i would

8.5/10
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - 3/10:
This was on TV late at night and since I keep seeing people call this the best movie since some batman which totally sucked, I naturally gave it a chance. Wow. Total shit sandwich. I honestly can't figure out why this has any appeal to people who aren't glowing superhero nerds and also 9 years old.
:lol:

I thought it was crazy boring. Winter Soldier is when I said "Okay, I'm pretty much done with all this."

I'll still check out a superhero movie here and there but in general, I want them to go away.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts