A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Mojo »

pieceofme wrote:
theglammerthebetter wrote:
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Your mom won't get you a phone? What a B.
Huh ? What does my mom have to do with this?, I have no need for a cell phone i dont have gf/kids, i live alone and have 0 friends, only call i get are from people selling shit or work once in while if there's a schedule change, it can go 1-2-3 week without ringing, but this is the movie thread so let stay on topic
What job do you do again?

Blow.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Treasure Hounds(2017) Another bad kids movie, Norm Macdonald voiced the dog 5/10, the cute goth girl was named Twyla guess her parents liked twilight lol
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
theglammerthebetter

Snatched(2017) Amy Schumer, Goldie Hawn, Wenda Sykes, Joan Cusack, Amy showed one of her tits, hilarious tape worm scene, kinda like a poor version of romancing the stone 6.5/10

The Lady in the Van(2015) Maggie Smith James Corden 6/10
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

The Ritual - I really thought it was creepy. Was about 15 minutes too long in the woods, but pretty good horror flick.

NetFlix is killing it with origonal content.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

gr8twhte wrote:The Ritual - I really thought it was creepy. Was about 15 minutes too long in the woods, but pretty good horror flick.

NetFlix is killing it with origonal content.
May have to check this out tonight.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
pulsar0510
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by pulsar0510 »

TenBenny wrote:"Black Panther" - 9/10

This is one of the best Marvel movies to date. As expected, it has a number of great action/combat sequences, but also has a lot of dramatic layers, too, about global responsibilities, politics, highlighting the balance between a traditional African culture and an ultramodern, futuristic one. The cast is really tight, and the typical Marvel humor is placed in all the right spots. There are two tags going through the very end of the credits, so stay put.
Yeah, no.

It's a good movie, but not quite in line with the best of Marvel.
7.5/10 seems about right. And there was hardly a lick of humor in it. The rest of your points are pretty spot on though. Better than the last Guardians, not as good as the first Avengers.
Lies are the words that I use when you look up hopefully
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

pulsar0510 wrote:

This is one of the best Marvel movies to date. As expected, it has a number of great action/combat sequences, but also has a lot of dramatic layers, too, about global responsibilities, politics, highlighting the balance between a traditional African culture and an ultramodern, futuristic one. The cast is really tight, and the typical Marvel humor is placed in all the right spots. There are two tags going through the very end of the credits, so stay put.
Yeah, no.

7.5/10 seems about right. And there was hardly a lick of humor in it. The rest of your points are pretty spot on though. Better than the last Guardians, not as good as the first Avengers.
Is Guardians 2 considered good? I've tried to watch it 3 or 4 times. Never got 15 minutes in. I didn't even know it was a Marvel movie.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

pulsar0510 wrote:

Yeah, no.

TenBenny basically gives every Marvel movie a 9 out of 10, so take his reviews with a pinch of salt.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks »

DemonFilth2001 wrote:
pulsar0510 wrote:

Yeah, no.

Is Guardians 2 considered good? I've tried to watch it 3 or 4 times. Never got 15 minutes in. I didn't even know it was a Marvel movie.
Not as good as the first one but Groot is about the best thing in the movie. Rocket isn't bad and Dave Bautista as Drax brings unexpected humor. He never comes across as humorous in any other role but his role in Guardians has given him a chance to be funny in the role of a character who really isn't funny.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
pulsar0510

Post by pulsar0510 »

DemonFilth2001 wrote:
pulsar0510 wrote:

Yeah, no.

I really didn't like it when I first saw it. On a second viewing it was better. 5/10.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

DemonFilth2001 wrote:
pulsar0510 wrote:

Yeah, no.

It is decent imo. First one is easily better.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Guardians 2 was a horrible follow up borderline disaster. Somehow I knew they wasn't going to pull it off, the writing and chemistry was spent on the first, the plot was stupid. Star-Lord, I am your father! I also had to watch it a few times before finishing, when you say the 2nd time around it was better basically means it sucks and the carry over from the 1st film made it watchable.
It was better than Suicide Squad but not by much.

Girl on the train - 6.5/10 Hard to beat the cast and even tho it's a slow mover and hard to swallow it pulls through.

Spiderman Homecoming - 4/10 I'm done with these reboots of Spidy, he's better off as a side kick in a group.

King Arthur Legend of the Sword - 7/10 I'm being generous with this Molly Hatchet LP cover flick, Like some Guy Ritchie movies it's visually pleasing but the story line is just a race to the finish. I'm growing tired of Jude Law, he plays the perfect bitch. Been waiting to see Astrid Frisbey land a bigger role. Solid cast with the exception of Little Finger, he ruined in this one.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
pulsar0510

Post by pulsar0510 »

UtahRatt wrote:Guardians 2 was a horrible follow up borderline disaster. Somehow I knew they wasn't going to pull it off, the writing and chemistry was spent on the first, the plot was stupid. Star-Lord, I am your father! I also had to watch it a few times before finishing, when you say the 2nd time around it was better basically means it sucks and the carry over from the 1st film made it watchable.
I wouldn't disagree with any of that. I rewatched it because I had hated it so much and everyone else seemed to love it, I thought maybe I had missed something. And it was on Netflix. It was easier to not be offended by its smugness.
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks »

pulsar0510 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Guardians 2 was a horrible follow up borderline disaster. Somehow I knew they wasn't going to pull it off, the writing and chemistry was spent on the first, the plot was stupid. Star-Lord, I am your father! I also had to watch it a few times before finishing, when you say the 2nd time around it was better basically means it sucks and the carry over from the 1st film made it watchable.
I wouldn't disagree with any of that. I rewatched it because I had hated it so much and everyone else seemed to love it, I thought maybe I had missed something. And it was on Netflix. It was easier to not be offended by its smugness.
The first movie was better and the comics are far better than the damn movie. The only one who I enjoyed most was Dave Bautista as Drax and if we count voices and CGI I enjoyed Bradley Cooper as Rocket. Otherwise it's all shit.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
ratt_gang_member
Headlining Clubs

Post by ratt_gang_member »

Three Billboards Outside... 9/10
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Pulse (2001) - 7/10
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
theglammerthebetter

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul (2017) Alicia Silverstone 4/10
theglammerthebetter

Chuck(2016) Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts, Elisabeth Moss, Ron Pearlman, Good movie , killer soundtrack 8/10
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

"Annihilation" - 9/10

I know some of you are eager to see this one. Caught a sneak of it tonight. I'd say it's a pretty fantastic mind-bender. Definitely a real visual and psychological head trip.
theglammerthebetter

I Could Never be your Woman(2007) Michelle Pfeiffer(looking stunning) Paul Rudd Jon Lovitz ,Stacey Dash, Saoirse Ronan Tracy Ullman . Great rom com, could have done without the 2 the feminist songs and even if its only a movie if it was hard to believe a guy like Jon Lovitz would divorce a hot piece of ass like Pfeiffer 8/10
Last edited by theglammerthebetter on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
theglammerthebetter

God damn it
Last edited by theglammerthebetter on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
theglammerthebetter

Triple post damn it
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

TenBenny wrote:"Annihilation" - 9/10

I know some of you are eager to see this one. Caught a sneak of it tonight. I'd say it's a pretty fantastic mind-bender. Definitely a real visual and psychological head trip.
You caught a sneak preview of a movie that came out today? Way to go, Lenny.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
TenBenny wrote:"Annihilation" - 9/10

You caught a sneak preview of a movie that came out today? Way to go, Lenny.
He means they let him in five minutes early for the senior matinee.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Black Panther 6/10
theglammerthebetter

Realive (2016) Charlotte Lebon 6/10
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Hellsinkey wrote:Black Panther 6/10
Racist!

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

theglammerthebetter wrote:I Could Never be your Woman(2007) Michelle Pfeiffer(looking stunning) Paul Rudd Jon Lovitz ,Stacey Dash, Saoirse Ronan Tracy Ullman . Great rom com, could have done without the 2 the feminist songs and even if its only a movie if it was hard to believe a guy like Jon Lovitz would divorce a hot piece of ass like Pfeiffer 8/10
I saw this one and thought it was actually very good as well. I remember complimenting Amy Heckerling on the movie and she seemed so glad that someone picked up on it. One of those well-made small movies with a good cast that just kind of came and went.
ThunderOnTheTundra
Recording Your Demo

Post by ThunderOnTheTundra »

Kingsman: The Golden Circle 0/10

One of the worst sequels ever made, and quite possibly one of the worst movies ever, period. They must have paid Julianne Moore, Elton John, Jeff Bridges and Halle Berry a ton of money to appear in this steaming pile of crap. This movie has no redeeming qualities whatsoever - the only positive is that it only cost me a buck and a half at Redbox.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

pieceofme wrote:
Hellsinkey wrote:Black Panther 6/10
Racist!
:roll:

Love this response to an argument nobody's actually having.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts