Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by mullet_head »

Cool. Downloading "El espinazo del diablo" right now.

They better not speak too fast for me to understand, or I'm coming after you buddy.

Or maybe I'll find subtitles instead. Whichever is easier.
Out Of The Cellar
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

mullet_head wrote:Cool. Downloading "El espinazo del diablo" right now.

They better not speak too fast for me to understand, or I'm coming after you buddy.

Or maybe I'll find subtitles instead. Whichever is easier.
On the subject of Spanish cinema, I also suggest that you watch Pedro Almodovar's Volver and Broken Embraces. Both have fantastic performances from Penelope Cruz, and there's a scene where she's completely naked in Broken Embraces.
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

Fahrenheit 911: No Rating

I really have no idea what rating to put to this documentary. :? :?
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Grandma's Boy- 6/10. I expected complete stupidity and that's what I got, but it won me over. Not a bad way to spend an hour and a half. Had I not been sober when I watched, I'm sure I'd score it higher, though.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

MurrayFiend wrote:Grandma's Boy- 6/10..
:?

How to train your dragon- 9/10. The best 3d movie I have seen so far effect wise, and a good sappy story. So glad I saw this over Clash of titans
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

My ratings come from the heart and really should not be questioned. :o
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Since I'm here mind as well rate the last movie I saw. I almost never bother with it.

keinohrhasen- 7/10

It was good for a chick movie. I wasn't expecting much from a german romantic comedy but it turned out alright.

Crank 2-8/10

I like Statham's movies, so get off my back.
Out Of The Cellar wrote:On the subject of Spanish cinema, I also suggest that you watch Pedro Almodovar's Volver and Broken Embraces. Both have fantastic performances from Penelope Cruz, and there's a scene where she's completely naked in Broken Embraces.
You know, I have watched ¡Átame! and Kika, and I thought they sucked. Not Almodovar's most acclaimed films, and maybe I was too young for those but I avoided his films ever since.

I get the idea you like artsy fartsy movies, which is always good to have in your arsenal when you're trying to score college pussy, but I need to know you ain't some pretentious asshole.

How do
Out Of The Cellar

I just like what I like, I recommended those two Almodovar films since those are the only two that I like from him. I hate his other films, like Live Flesh (which stars Javier Bardem who was fuckin' fantastic in No Country for Old Men).

:lol: It's up to you if you think I'm a pretentious asshole. Have you watched The Devil's Backbone?
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Out Of The Cellar wrote:I just like what I like, I recommended those two Almodovar films since those are the only two that I like from him. I hate his other films, like Live Flesh (which stars Javier Bardem who was fuckin' fantastic in No Country for Old Men).

:lol: It's up to you if you think I'm a pretentious asshole. Have you watched The Devil's Backbone?
I was gonna ask you how do you like Steven Seagall's movies, to make sure you ain't someone who likes to snob good ole fashioned American ass kicking movies, but I hit submit before by mistake.

Haven't watched Backbone yet man, it was around 5 a.m. when we spoke yesterday night, I was too fucked up for that. But I'll let you know how I found it when I get around to it.
Out Of The Cellar

mullet_head wrote:
Out Of The Cellar wrote:I just like what I like, I recommended those two Almodovar films since those are the only two that I like from him. I hate his other films, like Live Flesh (which stars Javier Bardem who was fuckin' fantastic in No Country for Old Men).

I was gonna ask you how do you like Steven Seagall's movies, to make sure you ain't someone who likes to snob good ole fashioned American ass kicking movies, but I hit submit before by mistake.

Haven't watched Backbone yet man, it was around 5 a.m. when we spoke yesterday night, I was too fucked up for that. But I'll let you know how I found it when I get around to it.
Hell yeah. Seagal rules. I'm more of a Seagal fan than a Chuck Norris fan. Though, I must see a Seagal vs. Bruce Lee fight. I love that day when I saw Chuck Norris getting pawned by Lee.

But the most kick-ass American film I have seen must be Rocky IV.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

It was a trick question, Cellar, Seagal movies are fucking stupid. I will not comment on Norris' flicks cause I don't wanna die, but I too loved the one with him and Bruce Lee. "Way of the Dragon" I think it was called.

Ultimately, Chuck Norris won that fight. Why do you think Bruce Lee died prematurely? Chuck don't fuck around.

Rocky IV, huh? Yeah that was the best of the saga. Kicked serious ass and practically ended the cold war. Those ruskies took it and applauded it like domesticated bitches.
Out Of The Cellar

mullet_head wrote:It was a trick question, Cellar, Seagal movies are fucking stupid. I will not comment on Norris' flicks cause I don't wanna die, but I too loved the one with him and Bruce Lee. "Way of the Dragon" I think it was called.

Ultimately, Chuck Norris won that fight. Why do you think Bruce Lee died prematurely? Chuck don't fuck around.

Rocky IV, huh? Yeah that was the best of the saga. Kicked serious ass and practically ended the cold war. Those ruskies took it and applauded it like domesticated bitches.
The fuck, Under Siege is fuckin' awesome. Stupid script, made awesome by Seagal's awesomeness. That reminds me, I have to watch it again.

Yeah, I think Rocky IV is awesome. The way he made those Russians worship him at the end simply rules. That just goes to show other countries, America always wins.
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

Moon
Sam Rockwell was impressive

7.5 / 10
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

To live and die and L.A. (1985) 7/10 I liked everything about it except for some of the acting.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Out Of The Cellar wrote:
mullet_head wrote:
Out Of The Cellar wrote:The Devil's Backbone - 10/10

Holy shit! This movie is fuckin' awesome! This is like, a brutal version of Let the Right One In. Visuals, Audio, Acting, Story, and everything are all great! A horror/drama/action/thriller/romantic movie that combines all elements and creates balance! Fuck, this is magnificent!
I'ma steal that movie from the internet now, and it better be that good as you say or I'm coming after you, buddy.

Don't waste my motherfucking time.
You're gonna love it. It has a faster-paced Let the Right One In feel to it. Also, there's a young Spanish chick there that's gorgeous.
Cellar, you were right, that movie is really good. How you knew I was gonna love it is beyond me, I guess we go back a long way. While I am not as overblown as you about the movie, I really enjoyed it.

I'll give it 8.5/10.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Crazy Heart - 8/10

the guy kinda looked too helpless, and he was very old and haggard-looking, so what would a hot young mom be doin with a guy like that? made it a little incredulous to me...plus, how is a guy with so much laziness and so little punch still ending up on stage

but otherwise a nice little musical story...

probly something of interest to some Sludgers, check it out
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

The Shawshank Redemption - 10/10
Yep, never saw it before. Great flick.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
YYC

Post by YYC »

Brothers--4/10 I was really expecting much more. The premise that they sell you on in the trailer (that the one brother gets it on with the wife when they think that the other brother has died in Afghanistan) sounded interesting but...that ain't what happens. This movie went nowhere, and was so completely not what the trailers made it out to be.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Bill_Bailey

Post by Bill_Bailey »

Date Night - 3/10

When is my girlfriend going to figure out that the only time we leave a movie theater disappointed is when she picks the movie?
MSL wrote:.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

Facedown wrote:The Shawshank Redemption - 10/10
:shock: :shock: :shock: Damn! You're just now seeing that?? Better late than never I guess. Amazing movie!
Bill_Bailey wrote:Date Night - 3/10

When is my girlfriend going to figure out that the only time we leave a movie theater disappointed is when she picks the movie?
Mine picks some turds too. :lol:
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Indy_Rob wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Damn! You're just now seeing that?? Better late than never I guess. Amazing movie!
I guess you missed that Classic Movies You've Never Seen (or something) thread from a while ago. The shock will continue.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Holy shit! This movie is fuckin' awesome! This is like, a brutal version of Let the Right One In. Visuals, Audio, Acting, Story, and everything are all great! A horror/drama/action/thriller/romantic movie that combines all elements and creates balance! Fuck, this is magnificent!
While I wouldn't rate it quite as high as you have, I have to agree, it's pretty damn good.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

Facedown wrote:
Indy_Rob wrote:
I guess you missed that Classic Movies You've Never Seen (or something) thread from a while ago. The shock will continue.
No, I remember that thread. I think I posted a couple embarrassing ones too.
Out Of The Cellar

Bridget wrote:

While I wouldn't rate it quite as high as you have, I have to agree, it's pretty damn good.
Well, I think that it is really excellent. What made it great for me was the use of the romantic theme to balance the scare and creepiness brought by the scare factor. It was perfectly balanced, to sum it up.

Also, not only did it tackle a straightforward topic, it also added this political allegory kind of stuff, which I think adds some juice to the original fuck tardy of the movie. I don't know. I'm high.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

We're Not Married - 9/10. Starring Marilyn Monroe, Mitzi Gaynor & Ginger Rogers. It's about six married couples who aren't legally married.

All Dogs Go To Heaven - 9/10. I haven't seen this movie in so long.
AmericanJackass
Headlining Clubs

Post by AmericanJackass »

Hot Tub Time Machine~9/10 A 2010 R-rated version of Back to the Future.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Bad Lieutenant (1992) starring Harvey Keitel - 10/10.

Never saw this one all the way through until this week. Excellent.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

American Psycho - 9/10
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:I watched the lovely short film, Anal Dwarf, starring the Puerto Rican fidget, Ralphus from Bloodsucking Freaks...true to the title, there was indeed ANAL.
Kristi Vanian
Spike's Bitch

Post by Kristi Vanian »

Godzilla - 10/10. It was the original American version from 1956. Not to be confused with that piece of shit from 1998.