Rate the last movie you saw

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Post by Mojo »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:48 pm
theglammerthebetter wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:22 pm Dunkirk(2017) Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy, Harry Styles. Another way overrated Christopher Nolan movie at least this one was easy to understand ,had to rewind it from falling asleep 6.5/10
Wow. I thought it was damn good!
It was.
Now if they’d have set a rom-com in Dunkirk that completely ignored the evacuation, he’d have loved it.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Mojo wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:14 pm
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:48 pm
theglammerthebetter wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:22 pm Dunkirk(2017) Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy, Harry Styles. Another way overrated Christopher Nolan movie at least this one was easy to understand ,had to rewind it from falling asleep 6.5/10
Wow. I thought it was damn good!
It was.
Now if they’d have set a rom-com in Dunkirk that completely ignored the evacuation, he’d have loved it.
:lol:
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Singularity(2017) John Cusack This one was pretty bad and the male teen lead actor was awful 4.5/10
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
theglammerthebetter

Operation Odessa(2018) Finally watched a winner, great documentary about 90's miami gangster getting involded with the south american cocaine cartel and providing them with helicopter/submarine from the collapsing Ussr. 9/10

Those guys lived it up and had one hell of a live and the cuban fugitive is one of the coolest cat i have ever seen he could be a Bond vilain any day of the week :lol:

Perfect score om rotten tomatoes https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/operation_odessa/
theglammerthebetter

The trip To Spain(2017) Steve Coogan. Third movie in the series just as good as the other two 7.5/10
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Deadpool 2

8/10

I imagine if you liked the first movie, you will like this one as well.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
theglammerthebetter

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) Dane DeHaan, Cara Delevingne(Hot AF) Rihanna, Ethan Hawke Clive Owen 6.5/10
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Star Wars - The Last Jedi, 0/10, easily the worst of the entire franchise, and just a shit storm of a movie. Overuse of "Marvel inspired comedy", zero character development of both new and returning characters, totally contradicts or ignores the "Star Wars universe" created/established in the other 8 films, the "tone" of the movie is completely different than the previous 8, and it's just flat out racist.

My prediction for the next film, is that it will focus on Rose (the frumpy Asian chick) who will now be Captain of the Millennium Falcon (which will still be full of those "cute" birds), and that her mission/focus of the story will be her tracking down Jar Jar Binks. And now that all the older white guys (Han Solo, Luke Skywalker) are dead, they can focus on further diminishing the roles of Finn and Poe (the younger inept males), Chewbacca and R2-D2 (the "fringe males") and then next on the chopping block will be Rey (the "hot chick"). This will set up the third film, where Rose and Jar Jar finally destroy all of those evil middle age white men.......I mean "The Empire" and make the Galaxy a "safe place" for everyone.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Wild Obsession wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:39 am Star Wars - The Last Jedi, 0/10, easily the worst of the entire franchise, and just a shit storm of a movie. Overuse of "Marvel inspired comedy", zero character development of both new and returning characters, totally contradicts or ignores the "Star Wars universe" created/established in the other 8 films, the "tone" of the movie is completely different than the previous 8, and it's just flat out racist.

My prediction for the next film, is that it will focus on Rose (the frumpy Asian chick) who will now be Captain of the Millennium Falcon (which will still be full of those "cute" birds), and that her mission/focus of the story will be her tracking down Jar Jar Binks. And now that all the older white guys (Han Solo, Luke Skywalker) are dead, they can focus on further diminishing the roles of Finn and Poe (the younger inept males), Chewbacca and R2-D2 (the "fringe males") and then next on the chopping block will be Rey (the "hot chick"). This will set up the third film, where Rose and Jar Jar finally destroy all of those evil middle age white men.......I mean "The Empire" and make the Galaxy a "safe place" for everyone.
#triggered
ImageImage
theglammerthebetter

Fahrenheit 451 (2018) Michael Shannon Michael B Jordan. Pretty bad movie 5.5/10
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Wild Obsession wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:39 am Star Wars - The Last Jedi, 0/10, easily the worst of the entire franchise, and just a shit storm of a movie. Overuse of "Marvel inspired comedy", zero character development of both new and returning characters, totally contradicts or ignores the "Star Wars universe" created/established in the other 8 films, the "tone" of the movie is completely different than the previous 8, and it's just flat out racist.

I was not a big fan of the movie, but there is absolutely no way this was worse than the prequel movies. Those movies had terrible stories, dialogue, wooden acting, and terrible effects. Say what you want about the comedy and story for Last Jedi, the effects were miles beyond the prequels and the acting was as well.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

You can come out from under your bridge now...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
theglammerthebetter

Media(2017) 5.5/10
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Wild Obsession wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:39 amit's just flat out racist.
:lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

"Deadpool 2" - 7/10

Fun and entertaining, but kind of pales in comparison to the first one. The creative team tried to go for a deeper angle here and it just dulled the high-energy humor that made the first movie feel so fresh and unique.

"First Reformed" - 8/10

A great film and a real return to form for Paul Schrader. One of his best in decades, returning to his familiar themes involving people having a crisis of faith/belief. Ethan Hawke, Amanda Seyfried and Cedric the Entertainer give really stand-out performances in this. Definitely recommended.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Caché (2005) - 9/10:
Classic Michael Haneke. Disturbing story about childhood trauma and guilt and shit, wrapped in a relationship drama, while the whole thing kinda feels like a horror movie.

Metalhead (2013) - 8/10:
Coming of age movie set in Iceland with a (black) metal theme, but the movie is enjoyable without any genre knowledge or interest too. Great soundtrack anyway. Pretty awesome Mayhem diss in the end.

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (2014) - 7/10:
Hardly a horror film, but deserves all the attention it got. Looking forward to seeing more by the director, although people are mostly trashing her already.

Born in Heinola (2016) - 7/10:
Biopic about the Finnish indy band Apulanta. I'm hardly a fan, but the movie was okay. WTF-moment with the musicians from Santa Cruz in the roles of early-90s Tehosekoitin.
theglammerthebetter

Pyewacket(2017) Couldnt help but :lol: :lol: :lol: when the hot teen girl said "If i could have any man in the world i would have to pick Billy Corgan" :lol: :lol: :lol: . Just a movie about dumb devil worshipping girl all dressed black 5/10

The Heretics(2017) Another shitty horror movie about a hot young chick 5/10
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Deadpool 2 - 6/10. Seemed to go on way to long.
Breaking In - 5/10. You know exactly what you are getting with this movie based on the preview.
Solo - 6/10. I expected garbage but it was okay. Guy playing Solo was good. Some really stupid things in it, but is so much better than The Last Jedi.

The D Train - 7/10. Didn't know what to expect and it was pretty interesting. Goes into some dark places. Good netflix movie for the night.
theglammerthebetter

Aloft(2014) Jennifer Connelly Melanie Laurent Cillian Murphy, 6/10
theglammerthebetter

Patti Cake$(2017) Movie is about an overweight female wigger trying to make it in the rap game, probably the last movie on earth i would have expected to hear a cover of Kiss me Deadly yes the Lita Ford song 7/10
theglammerthebetter

Had a pretty productive Sunday

Logan lucky(2017) Channing Tatum Adam Driver Katie Holmes Daniel Craig Hillary Swank good entertaining movie 8/10

The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature (2017) Well done decent kids movie 6.5/10

The Auction (2013) 7.5/10
Nitrorulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nitrorulz »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:46 am

#triggered

Do you EVER actually contribute anything in posts or just show up, make your snide remarks and move on to do the same thing in the next thread?

Deadpool 2 - 9.5/10
I thought this was better than the 1st.
Danzig in the Dark

Nitrorulz wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:28 pm
Danzig in the Dark wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:46 am

#triggered

Do you EVER actually contribute anything in posts or just show up, make your snide remarks and move on to do the same thing in the next thread?

Deadpool 2 - 9.5/10
I thought this was better than the 1st.
#lameass #banned #hypocrite #triggered :lol:

Life of the Party 5.5/10
The soccer mom Back to School. The deus ex machina ending was a huge letdown.
ImageImage
theglammerthebetter

The Tale(2018) Laura Dern Common Ellen Burstyn. Movie is about a woman in late 40's who looks back at the start of her sex life with a much older couple, could have been really hot but they didnt show much, Dern character was kinda fucked up but she really did dig that BBC 7/10
Danzig in the Dark

theglammerthebetter wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:09 am Dern character was kinda fucked up but she really did dig that BBC
Of course. The British make some damn fine TV.
ImageImage
Nitrorulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nitrorulz »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:17 pm#lameass #banned #hypocrite #triggered
#STILLATOTALDOUCHEBAG

Bait 7/10
Great White shark terrorizes people stuck in a store after a tsunami in Australia
Better shark movie than 90% of them
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Deadpool 2 - Liked it as much as the first one.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
theglammerthebetter

Detroit(2017) Anthony Mackie John Krasinski. Movie was about dumb ass black men vs Asshole white cops, nothing special 6.5/10
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

"Upgrade" - 7/10

Pretty good suspense thriller. An engaging idea written and directed by Leigh Whannell, the creator/writer of the first two "Saw" movies. Like "Saw," it kind of doesn't have a payoff as intriguing as the first two thirds of the movie, but I like Whannell's inventiveness.
theglammerthebetter

Dark Harvest (2016) Cheech Marin. Crime drama centered in the pot growing business 6/10