Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: President Trump

Post by vlad »

exitflagger wrote:The funny thing is that Trump has this cycle of seeing things developing that could undercut him like the issues of conflict of interest and voter fraud, things that he is obviously on the wrong side of, and he will pipe up with an even more ridiculous idea like flag burning hysteria, in order to divert attention. It happens over and over and just keeps things moving off the front burner so (in his hope) nothing gets any traction.

He is going to attempt to perpetuate this rotating flimflammery for the full four years, I guarantee it.
Yeah. Right now he's talking to David Petraeus for S.O.S. Can Petraeus even legally get a security clearance now? I'll take Petraeus over Ghouliani any day, just not sure he can do it after the whole spilling secrets to his chippie thing.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

Some hosts were discussing on a radio show I heard this morning about how to address the recurring incidents of Trump presenting false information to the public and whether he is purposefully lying or merely is unable to understand the difference between truth and falsehood. Pretty much dancing around the elephant in the room that our country's new leader is an idiot and whether or not it is improper to come right out and acknowledge it in public discourse.

This is where we are. Awesome.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

exitflagger wrote:Some hosts were discussing on a radio show I heard this morning about how to address the recurring incidents of Trump presenting false information to the public and whether he is purposefully lying or merely is unable to understand the difference between truth and falsehood. Pretty much dancing around the elephant in the room that our country's new leader is an idiot and whether or not it is improper to come right out and acknowledge it in public discourse.

This is where we are. Awesome.
The guy actually believes InfoWars is a legitimate news source (they put up the millions of illegal votes nonsense and he tweeted shortly after). And yet can't be bothered to attend intelligence briefings. I am truly gobsmacked. But some people are drinking this like Brawndo.
LJP 2002-2014

Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Grendel wrote:I wish that the 2016 election was a dream Barron had while looking at a snow globe.
If only the writing was as good as St. Elsewhere.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

America is about to find out it can govern itself without a President. It won't take long before his Republican handlers skip dealing with Trump altogether and make all the decisions behind his back. Get a stamp made up for his signature or maybe just learn to forge it. I mean, if he has no interest in intelligence briefings why bother him with shit about the economy or any other rubbish.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

MickeyG wrote:America is about to find out it can govern itself without a President. It won't take long before his Republican handlers skip dealing with Trump altogether and make all the decisions behind his back. Get a stamp made up for his signature or maybe just learn to forge it. I mean, if he has no interest in intelligence briefings why bother him with shit about the economy or any other rubbish.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
Grendel wrote:I wish that the 2016 election was a dream Barron had while looking at a snow globe.
If only the writing was as good as St. Elsewhere.
If only Ed Flanders were still here, he could have pulled the plug on this whole election.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

exitflagger wrote:Just like the sun coming up in the east, Trump again floats an idea that oversteps his boundaries and has an underlying theme of blatantly fascistic ideology. Burning the US flag is a provocative action for sure, but as a first amendment protected aspect of free speech, it's a chicken/egg conundrum that sails way over his retarded head. It offends the people who fought for the country but at the same time, the reason they fought was for the very freedom that ALLOWS flag burning to be used as a gesture of protest. This idiot wants to revoke citizenship and toss them in the pokey for a year. Over SYMBOLISM!

Obviously stifling dissent is going to be the issue our new dictato... um... president will establish as his top priority.

WWHD? (What Would Hitler Do?) ...if he had a twitter account?
Remember when Senator Clinton proposed the Flag Protection Act of 2005? Ahhh, the good ol' days!

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/07/opini ... .html?_r=1
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

BlackCrypt wrote:
exitflagger wrote:Just like the sun coming up in the east, Trump again floats an idea that oversteps his boundaries and has an underlying theme of blatantly fascistic ideology. Burning the US flag is a provocative action for sure, but as a first amendment protected aspect of free speech, it's a chicken/egg conundrum that sails way over his retarded head. It offends the people who fought for the country but at the same time, the reason they fought was for the very freedom that ALLOWS flag burning to be used as a gesture of protest. This idiot wants to revoke citizenship and toss them in the pokey for a year. Over SYMBOLISM!

Obviously stifling dissent is going to be the issue our new dictato... um... president will establish as his top priority.

WWHD? (What Would Hitler Do?) ...if he had a twitter account?
Remember when Senator Clinton proposed the Flag Protection Act of 2005? Ahhh, the good ol' days!

Do you know what the main flaw in your plan to pwn all those Hillary lovers is?
ImageImage
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

The Supreme Court has ruled twice that destruction of the American flag is protected by the Constitution, specifically the First Amendment's protection of free speech, even if the act is unsettling.

One of the staunchest defenders of the decisions, and a key vote in favor of both, was conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who was widely praised by Republicans after his death in February, including by Trump.

Scalia spoke about the matter in a 2012 interview with CNN, saying that while he does not approve of flag burning, it is fundamentally protected by the Constitution and the Founding Fathers' efforts to create a government not ruled by tyranny.

"If I were king, I would not allow people to go around burning the American flag. However, we have a First Amendment, which says that the right of free speech shall not be abridged -- and it is addressed in particular to speech critical of the government," Scalia said. "That was the main kind of speech that tyrants would seek to suppress."

The issue has been twice decided by the Supreme Court, which as the nation's highest court has final say on whether laws are unconstitutional. Only an amendment to the Constitution itself, or a subsequent decision by the Supreme Court, would overrule the court's decision.
The cases were Texas v. Johnson in 1989, and US v. Eichman in 1990. The former case stemmed from a flag burning protest at the 1984 Republican National Convention and a Texas law banning desecration of a venerated object, and the latter responded to a bill from Congress that made harming the flag illegal.
In both cases, the Supreme Court ruled that burning a flag is an act of expression and "symbolic speech," and exactly they type of action that the First Amendment was designed to protect.

So first he praised him, now Drumpf disagrees with Scalia? This guy flops more than a fish out of water... :lol:
BlackCrypt wrote:Remember when Senator Clinton proposed the Flag Protection Act of 2005? Ahhh, the good ol' days!

So Drumpf didn't learn anything from Hillary's failure at flag protection and attempts to take it to tyrannical levels of removing an American's citizenship over it? Sure sounds completely reasonable.. Holy fuck. :lol:
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Steven Mnuchin as Secretary of the Treasury - draining the swamp!!!1
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:Steven Mnuchin as Secretary of the Treasury - draining the swamp!!!1
Yeah, nothing says Trump cares about the working man like putting a guy nicknamed the "Foreclosure King" in Treasury.

On another note, the Internet Archives (the Wayback Machine) is moving it's backup data to Canada because it's worried about Trump.
LJP 2002-2014

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Didn't Trump just secure a deal that keeps Carrier from leaving for Mexico? and He's in talks with Putin to stop the Syrian civil War, If He accomplishes that I'd say We've jumped the gun on him being a horrible POTUS, He hasn't even been sworn in and Carrier alone will bring 1,000 jobs. Hell even TYT lauded the Carrier deal and they had a viral meltdown on election night.
RPB
Goes Down Smooth

Post by RPB »

Forcing the taxpayers to save a company that pays their top execs $10 million each and still cutting over 300 jobs with a $6 billion profit? Should work well. Look at how well the bail out helped places like Wells Fargo. Great and respectable bank. And Chrysler. Quality products! Except mine. I had to have it towed last week.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

dtmfs wrote:Didn't Trump just secure a deal that keeps Carrier from leaving for Mexico? and He's in talks with Putin to stop the Syrian civil War, If He accomplishes that I'd say We've jumped the gun on him being a horrible POTUS, He hasn't even been sworn in and Carrier alone will bring 1,000 jobs. Hell even TYT lauded the Carrier deal and they had a viral meltdown on election night.
From what I've read, 1000 jobs were saved, with another 1000 or so still going to Mexico. And look deeper into the deal and see who will actually pay for it. Carrier was essentially bribed to keep about half it's work force in Indiana, but a 1000 people are still out of work. I'm sure they are thrilled with the deal.
LJP 2002-2014

exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

I'm sure Trump will have a photo op at the Carrier plant with a "Mission Accomplished" banner behind him.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

dtmfs wrote:He's in talks with Putin to stop the Syrian civil War, If He accomplishes that I'd say We've jumped the gun on him being a horrible POTUS,
Ending the civil war how? So far, by giving carte blanche to a horrible despot and actively supporting him in starving out a city with millions of civilians, bombing the shit out of schools and hospitals with no regard for "casualties" and using chemical warfare against the population, creating almost another 100,000 refugees, who they'll refuse to help in any way - on the contrary, they'll be used for propaganda against the countries who actually have to deal with the mess. Treating Assad as a partner means condoning war crimes, which we all know Trump considers totally acceptable. Great accomplishment, indeed.

It gets even better if he keeps walking down that road: if the USA now abandon the remaining Syrian opposition to Assad's shiite alliance (Iran, Russia, some Lebanese forces), the rebels will be at the complete mercy of their Saudi supporters. That directly translates to a huge rise in Islamist extremists under the influence of rich IS sympathizers. Not to mention that under Assad, none of the 12 million Syrian refugees will ever be able to return to their countries. And with the whole world shitting on them, you can expect them to become more and more susceptible to terrorist retaliation as well. So, all in all, Trump really seems to have a great plan in making the world a safer place.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

exitflagger wrote:I'm sure Trump will have a photo op at the Carrier plant with a "Mission Accomplished" banner behind him.
I hope he brings everyone some Play- Doh...
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

vlad wrote:From what I've read, 1000 jobs were saved, with another 1000 or so still going to Mexico. And look deeper into the deal and see who will actually pay for it. Carrier was essentially bribed to keep about half it's work force in Indiana, but a 1000 people are still out of work. I'm sure they are thrilled with the deal.
There's really nothing Trump will do that some won't pick apart.

This to me is a sign of the exciting upside with Trump. We don't know all the details yet, but I assume it's based on Carrier willing to pay higher salaries to Americans while being assured the corporate tax rate will be reduced.

Some folks on the left will scream more breaks for the rich, but they don't seem to understand that companies don't have to stay here at all. By incentivizing Carrier and others to stay with competitive corporate tax rates, they are willing to pay more to American workers because they save on the taxes. These workers will pay for taxes on their income and then they all pay sales tax when they spend that money here.

Some will call this trickle down and complain it doesn't work. It doesn't work when you do what W did and give tax breaks while also letting companies hire cheap labor outside of the US (double dip). This only makes CEO's richer. You know what else doesn't work?? Asking companies to stay here and pay for more expensive labor and also pay one of the highest corporate tax rates. That's the government double dipping.

What can work is what I believe Trump is doing here. Giving the tax break but having them keep the business here and pay higher labor costs to Americans. Increased supply of jobs also drives up wages.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

:lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

radiobed wrote: There's really nothing Trump will do that some won't pick apart.

This to me is a sign of the exciting upside with Trump. We don't know all the details yet, but I assume it's based on Carrier willing to pay higher salaries to Americans while being assured the corporate tax rate will be reduced.
The Indiana tax payers did all the work and Trump took all the credit. Carrier is still moving 1300 to Mexico.

Carrier agreed to keep about 1,100 jobs in Indianapolis while moving about 1,300 positions to Mexico in exchange for $7 million in tax and other incentives from the state.
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/artic ... ill-bleeds
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
radiobed wrote: There's really nothing Trump will do that some won't pick apart.

The Indiana tax payers did all the work and Trump took all the credit. Carrier is still moving 1300 to Mexico.

Carrier agreed to keep about 1,100 jobs in Indianapolis while moving about 1,300 positions to Mexico in exchange for $7 million in tax and other incentives from the state.
Always to the point.

Anyway, so Tom Ford, the designer and movie producer* has stated that he won't dress Melania, in fact had turned her down in the past. So now all the Trumpets will no longer buy his clothes, a boycott!. :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, because you were shelling out 395.00 for a Tom Ford plain black t-shirt before he said that.

Breitbart wants everyone to destroy Kelloggs, because they pulled their advertising from the site. Boycott! Just got back from the store, bought some Kellogg products (though most likely they'll go to the racoons in the woodland by my house, that stuff is way too sweet). Lets, see..I'll never get to see Hamilton, because it's sold out for years. Boycott! Starbucks is doing fine, that "protest" likely made them money. The "real Americans" want to organize an on-line boycott through FB of Google, on IE. People have been pointing out that every site they use has a liberal "bias"..and they are being trolled to shit for it.

* I enjoyed "A Single Man", his film from some years ago. I didn't know until today that he's the producer behind "Nocturnal Animals".
LJP 2002-2014

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

395 bucks for a plain black T-shirt? I don't give a fuck Who anyone voted for, if someone's paying that much They're a fucking idiot.
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:

Look, I'm not about to speculate on the actual details without having adequate information. Leaks posted on various outlets aren't enough for me.

Either way, this is an encouraging sign of hopefully things to come. Could it turn out to be smoke and mirrors to some extent?? Sure I guess, but I like to be a bit more optimistic. I tend to feel an environment will be created to help businesses reinvest in America. For example, More companies will stay here if we have a more competitive corporate tax rate.

We need these companies. They also need us. We need to create an environment where we all benefit (corporations, government, people).

As for Trump taking undeserved credit, I personally don't really care. I would be pretty shocked though if those 1000 jobs were staying if Hilary was elected.
Danzig in the Dark

radiobed wrote:There's really nothing Trump will do that some won't pick apart
Exactly how is this different from any other president?
radiobed wrote: This to me is a sign of the exciting upside with Trump. We don't know all the details yet, .
radiobed wrote: What can work is what I believe Trump is doing here.
This is a common theme with you. You don't know shit about what he's doing, but you believe, so you're sure it will just work. :lol: The rest of us gave up magical thinking when we figured out who really left presents under the tree.
ImageImage
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Tom Ford is actually a favorite designer of mine. I would never buy a t-shirt or something like that from his lines, but I have two of his colognes and I had a pair of his sunglasses before I broke them. I don't generally go in for "designer" stuff, but Tom Ford's colognes, Cole Haan's Grand OS line of shoes, and a few items from Michael Kors make the list.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Danzig in the Dark

Mojo wrote:Tom Ford is actually a favorite designer of mine. I would never buy a t-shirt or something like that from his lines, but I have two of his colognes and I had a pair of his sunglasses before I broke them. I don't generally go in for "designer" stuff, but Tom Ford's colognes, Cole Haan's Grand OS line of shoes, and a few items from Michael Kors make the list.
I haven't seen this much flaming since I left Gatlinburg.
ImageImage
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: I haven't seen this much flaming since I left Gatlinburg.
Bitch.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

dtmfs wrote:395 bucks for a plain black T-shirt? I don't give a fuck Who anyone voted for, if someone's paying that much They're a fucking idiot.
I sure wouldn't. His clientele is in the stratosphere. He's worth a ridiculous amount, rich people will spend the money. He did say his clothes were too expensive to be in the White House, because politicians representing the people should be less extravagant (I think that's what he meant.. He finally broke down for Michelle Obama one time, an evening gown to go to Buckingham Palace, I remember it). Turned down HRC as well. But yeah, 99% of these yahoos have never heard of him, but they'll never buy his clothes again! Why he turned down Melania in the past...my guess would be the Trump brand was something he thought would tarnish his own.

Mojo...I agree I like his style.
LJP 2002-2014