Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: President Trump

Post by exitflagger »

Trump could never imagine in his wildest nightmares what the state of this country would look like with 42 fucking percent unemployment. None of us could. It would be like one of those post-apocalypse fantasy movies.

This is our top guy. He does not have one single fucking clue about anything.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

TenBenny wrote:Which side exactly is Lindsey Graham on? It's like he can't quite make up his mind.

Story of his life.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Last edited by DEATH ROW JOE on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Let's take a walk through memory lane and remember a few times Trump trashed the jobs numbers as "fake," incomplete or something other than the right away to determine whether America had been made "great again."

Sep. 7, 2012

"Unemployment rate only dropped because more people are out of labor force & have stopped looking for work. Not a real recovery, phony numbers"

Oct. 19, 2012
"7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday. Real unemployment is at least 15%"

Aug. 11, 2013
We can rev up this economy like it should be, not with false numbers like 7.4% unemployment. But with real numbers."

May 31, 2014
"Unemployment is a totally phony number.

June 16, 2015
"Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent. Don't believe the 5.6. Don't believe it."

Aug. 11, 2015
"Then you hear there's a 5.4% unemployment. it's really -- if you add it up, it's probably 40% if you think about it."

Aug. 30, 2015
"They show those phony statistics where we are 5.4% unemployment. The real number, I saw a number that could be 42%, believe it or not."

Sept. 28, 2015
"I hear 5.3 percent unemployment, that is the biggest joke there is in this country. That number is so false."

Sept. 29, 2015
"The number is not reflective. I have seen numbers of 24 percent. I saw a number of 42 percent unemployment... that number is so false."

Oct. 9, 2015
"They say 5.3% employment. The number is probably 32%."

Oct. 11, 2015
"Nobody has jobs... it is not a real economy. It is a phony set of numbers. They cooked the books."

Jan. 17, 2016
"Look again, you hear these phony jobs numbers? people that gave up looking for jobs? They are considered employed."

Feb. 9, 2016
"Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment as high as 35 -- as in fact, I heard recently, 42 percent."

March 12, 2016
"The numbers are phony. These are all phony numbers. Numbers given to politicians to look good. These are phony numbers."

May 24, 2016
"You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people."

July 7, 2016
"The phony 5 percent numbers that we hear about with the unemployment."

Aug. 8, 2016
"The five percent figure is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern politics."

Nov. 4, 2016
"The terrible jobs report that just came out... you can see phony numbers, five percent."

Dec. 8, 2016
“The unemployment number, as you know, is totally fiction."
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

It's funny how often Trump seemed to weigh in on really serious matters even in the years before he was elected president. As if he was some important expert on these subjects. It's like Hetfield once sang, the empty can rattles the most.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Spicer walks into the press briefing wearing his flag pin upside down...(a common sign for SOS)

Of course Twitter had fun with it..

Here let us help you Sean....
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Luminiferous wrote:Spicer walks into the press briefing wearing his flag pin upside down...(a common sign for SOS)

Of course Twitter had fun with it..

Here let us help you Sean....
It was supposed to be a mistake, but it could just as easily be a metaphor for the paranoid mindset of Trump's supporters right now...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I bet he looked down at it and said "Looks fine to me."
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Moggio_5.1
"Wonky Eyed Straw Gripper"

Post by Moggio_5.1 »

Let's see DEATH ROW BLOW JOB spin this one... :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/sus ... rate-rises

152,528,000: Record Number of Employed in February; Participation Rate Rises

By Susan Jones | March 10, 2017 | 8:40 AM EST

(CNSNews.com) - A record 152,528,000 Americans were employed in February, 447,000 more than in January, and the labor force participation rate went up, the Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Friday.

Sixty-three percent of Americans either held a job or actively looked for one in February, the highest participation rate in ten months.

The number Americans not in the labor force continued to drop, to 94,190,000 in February, 176,000 fewer than in January and well below the record of 95,102,000 set in December 2016.

And there’s more good news in the February jobs report, the first one to cover a full month of the Trump presidency:

According to BLS, the economy added 235,000 jobs last month and the February unemployment rate dropped a tenth of a point to 4.7 percent.

The 94,190,000 million people counted as not participating in the labor force in February includes millions of baby boomer retirees, students, the disabled, homemakers and others who do not work for various reasons.

But this number is important because many of those not in the labor force receive Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, health insurance subsidies and other entitlements that come partly from the taxes paid by those who do work.

In February, the nation’s civilian noninstitutionalized population, consisting of all people age 16 or older who were not in the military or an institution, reached 254,246,000. Of those, 160,056,000 participated in the labor force by either holding a job or actively seeking one.

The 160,056,000 who participated in the labor force equaled 63 percent of the 254,246,000 civilian noninstitutionalized population.

(The participation rate dropped to a 38-year low of 62.4 percent on Obama's watch, in September 2015.)

BLS says in February, among the major worker groups, the unemployment rate decreased for Whites to 4.1 percent, while the jobless rates for adult men (4.3 percent), adult women (4.3 percent), teenagers (15.0 percent), Blacks (8.1 percent), Asians (3.4 percent), and Hispanics (5.6 percent) showed little or no change.

The Labor Department says 5,597,000 people “currently want a job.”

In his speech to the nation two weeks ago, President Trump said he will ask Congress to launch a “national rebuilding,” with a trillion-dollar infrastructure program that will create “millions of new jobs.”

He also noted that since his election, “Ford, Fiat-Chrysler, General Motors, Sprint, Softbank, Lockheed, Intel, Walmart and many others have announced that they will invest billions and billions of dollars in the United States, and will create tens of thousands of new American jobs.”

Keep tryin'...and you'll keep failin'... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Rock journalism is for people who can't write, preparing stories based on interviews with people who can't talk, in order to amuse people who can't read." ~ Frank Zappa, 1976
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Is anyone really foolish enough to ascribe the current status of the job market, good or bad, to the Trump administration? How much is he really going to effect in six weeks? The current market is still the residual result of Obama's administration. So if it's holding steady or on an upswing, Trump can't swoop in and just grab the credit for that. I mean, he can try, and probably will, but it's not his success to trumpet.
Moggio_5.1

Post by Moggio_5.1 »

TenBenny wrote:Is anyone really foolish enough to ascribe the current status of the job market, good or bad, to the Trump administration? How much is he really going to effect in six weeks? The current market is still the residual result of Obama's administration. So if it's holding steady or on an upswing, Trump can't swoop in and just grab the credit for that. I mean, he can try, and probably will, but it's not his success to trumpet.
"Rock journalism is for people who can't write, preparing stories based on interviews with people who can't talk, in order to amuse people who can't read." ~ Frank Zappa, 1976
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Grendel wrote:Moggio you are a goddamned idiot

"If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blond, bad-built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Now the libertarians are ridiculing Trump. Here's Ron Paul fan boy Robert Weznel:
=========================================================================================
Does Donald Trump Actually Believe This?
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/20 ... mment-form
Matt Drudge is going strong with the theme that President Trump has been responsible for improving the economy.

Trump retweeted this Drudge tweet:

Does the President actually believe that he is responsible for some kind of jobs turnaround?

The view is pure nonsense. Job growth has been climbing since 2010 after the recession ended and many ran out of unemployment benefits. This is nothing but a typical recovery in a Federal Reserve created boom-bust business cycle.

Here's the chart on job growth and the point where Trump came into the job growth picture.

DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

TenBenny wrote:Is anyone really foolish enough to ascribe the current status of the job market, good or bad, to the Trump administration? How much is he really going to effect in six weeks? The current market is still the residual result of Obama's administration. So if it's holding steady or on an upswing, Trump can't swoop in and just grab the credit for that. I mean, he can try, and probably will, but it's not his success to trumpet.
His fanbase believe it, and thats all that matters to him. I have heard about some who voted for him who now regret it. Those people wanted some kind of change from the status quo and so took a chance on Trump, hoping his outlandish campaign antics would go away if he won. Of course nothing has changed, his administration is a joke as is the Republican attempt at healthcare. If things carry on as they are, but somehow he doesn't get impeached or resigns the elections in 2018 will be very interesting. Those that regret it will switch or opt out, those that opted out last time may opt in this time against him and the Repubs.
Moggio_5.1

Post by Moggio_5.1 »

You're ALL a bunch of sore LOSERS. :lol:

See you next month for more ASS KICKIN'! :lol:

Keep tryin'...and you'll keep failin'... :lol: :lol: :lol:
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

In the 51 days Trump has been in office, we’ve counted 219 false or misleading claims.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ?tid=a_inl

“Despite what you hear in the press, healthcare is coming along great. We are talking to many groups and it will end in a beautiful picture!”

The press is reporting reactions to the replacement plan from lawmakers and industry groups from all sides of the political spectrum. Conservative and liberal industry groups have opposed the plan, along with Democrats and some Republican lawmakers, both moderate and conservative.

“LinkedIn Workforce Report: January and February were the strongest consecutive months for hiring since August and September 2015”

Trump failed to read the fine print of the LinkedIn Workforce report. The numbers were affected by seasonal hiring. When adjusted for seasonal hiring variations, hiring was down 1.3 percent from January to February, the first full month of Trump's term.

“Thank you for the great rallies all across the country. Tremendous support. Make America Great Again!”

The size of crowds holding "March 4 Trump" rallies varied, from about 30 people in Indianapolis to about 400 in St. Paul, Minn. Some rallies drew just as many protesters as supporters.

Lots more here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ?tid=a_inl
Moggio_5.1

Post by Moggio_5.1 »

And here's something we can all revel in when enjoying our weekend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAPv3zIbzmk

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Moggio_5.1 wrote:And here's something we can all revel in when enjoying our weekend...
Nobody here wants to fuck yer mom, incest boy.
Go for it.

"If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blond, bad-built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

MickeyG wrote:
His fanbase believe it, and thats all that matters to him. I have heard about some who voted for him who now regret it. Those people wanted some kind of change from the status quo and so took a chance on Trump, hoping his outlandish campaign antics would go away if he won. Of course nothing has changed, his administration is a joke as is the Republican attempt at healthcare. If things carry on as they are, but somehow he doesn't get impeached or resigns the elections in 2018 will be very interesting. Those that regret it will switch or opt out, those that opted out last time may opt in this time against him and the Repubs.
Here in LA, we just had elections on Tuesday and it was reported that something like only 11% turned out to vote. You'd think after November people would be well aware of the importance of voting and of the effects it can have, but apparently they either do not or simply don't care. And we're talking about a local election with candidates and measures that would be likelier to directly affect them.

Many people say they regret not voting at the national level or are now sorry about the presidential outcome, but I could see a significant percentage of people still not turning up at voting places in the 2018 midterm elections. I'd like to believe that this won't be a significant problem again, but my gut tells me many people will once again be saying, "Eh, fuck it."
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

TenBenny wrote:
Here in LA, we just had elections on Tuesday and it was reported that something like only 11% turned out to vote. You'd think after November people would be well aware of the importance of voting and of the effects it can have, but apparently they either do not or simply don't care. And we're talking about a local election with candidates and measures that would be likelier to directly affect them.

Many people say they regret not voting at the national level or are now sorry about the presidential outcome, but I could see a significant percentage of people still not turning up at voting places in the 2018 midterm elections. I'd like to believe that this won't be a significant problem again, but my gut tells me many people will once again be saying, "Eh, fuck it."
I'll be honest and say I only ever vote when there's national stuff going on. I certainly don't bother going to town meeting day when they vote on the town budget.

I reckon it will depend on what happens between now and the midterms. It seems to be one disaster after another for Trump so far, if that keeps up, there will be a huge rallying call for people to come out and vote. I mean, there's this new shit I was just reading about Preet Bharara getting fired who was being asked to look into Trumps alleged emoluments violations.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

MickeyG wrote: It seems to be one disaster after another for Trump so far, if that keeps up, there will be a huge rallying call for people to come out and vote.
It will keep up. Trump is a very weak President and the other branches of govt will turn on him as he continues to meltdown on a daily basis. His new immigration order will get struck down. The wall will never go up. Obamacare will never get repealed. Maybe he'll get his tax cut through. That's it.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Meanwhile, in his, and Bannon and the rest of the evil motherfuckers, crusade to completely erase the idea that climate change even exists, are gutting science on the ocean and everywhere else. They are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Anything that even hints that climate change might be impacting something...can't be too careful, let's just kill all of the science.

Not only are they turning their back on science, they are giving away for American industry and research to other countries. I fucking hate them, and every idiot that thought or still thinks they'll "make America great again". Corrupt bastards.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

#TRUMPISTAN
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Trump is a very weak President and the other branches of govt will turn on him as he continues to meltdown on a daily basis. His new immigration order will get struck down. The wall will never go up. Obamacare will never get repealed. Maybe he'll get his tax cut through. That's it.
Okay, fine.....but the thing that's burning in millions of minds is, "What will become of 'The Apprentice'? It it over for good?"

TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

vlad wrote:Meanwhile, in his, and Bannon and the rest of the evil motherfuckers, crusade to completely erase the idea that climate change even exists, are gutting science on the ocean and everywhere else. They are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Anything that even hints that climate change might be impacting something...can't be too careful, let's just kill all of the science.

Not only are they turning their back on science, they are giving away for American industry and research to other countries. I fucking hate them, and every idiot that thought or still thinks they'll "make America great again". Corrupt bastards.
Honest to God, I can't understand why Trumptards think this is ok. Can anyone here who supports him tell me why this is perfectly fine?! :?
Fuck sigs.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Turner Coates wrote: Okay, fine.....but the thing that's burning in millions of minds is, "What will become of 'The Apprentice'? It it over for good?"
It's going on now, except Trump is the apprentice. You can look for this bumper sticker in 2020 when Trump gets primaried.

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:
vlad wrote:Meanwhile, in his, and Bannon and the rest of the evil motherfuckers, crusade to completely erase the idea that climate change even exists, are gutting science on the ocean and everywhere else. They are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Anything that even hints that climate change might be impacting something...can't be too careful, let's just kill all of the science.

Honest to God, I can't understand why Trumptards think this is ok. Can anyone here who supports him tell me why this is perfectly fine?! :?
For starters, from what I understand, there's a real dislike for the establishment. They see the status quo in Washington as having abandoned them or ignored their needs. That's why one commentator, I think, astutely pegged this as a "rejection election." Most of the comments I see on article comments sections have more to do with winning and losing. "We won, libtards, get over it" or "Lib tears are delicious," or things along those lines are common refrains. This isn't about the policies for a lot of people, it's about winning and losing. Since their guy won, many have decided that they no longer have to focus on what he's doing. They're basically just kicking back and enjoying seeing progressives panic over Trump.

That said, many others are focusing on what's going on, but never underestimate the power of denial. There's a second type of person in this equation. You're gonna get a lot of Trump supporters in this country who, as crazy as it sounds, are going to subconsciously or consciously double down on the support to avoid the realization that they fell for this guy's bullshit. They've hired this guy to be their savior and they can't be wrong, one, because it's all they have to believe in, and two, because of the potentially horrific things it might imply about who they are as people. The dawned reality of having given a vote of confidence to Trump might potentially destroy a lot of supporters inside.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

There are some that regret it though as well. They may not be huge in number yet, and may not be massively vocal but they will grow in numbers as the chaos continues. I've no problem with people that voted for Trump to stop Hillary or the Dems, and hoped that Trump would actually act professionally if he won. But now it's turned into the joke the rest of us feared, those people should be saying, "I hope he gets impeached or resigns". I don't expect them to say they wish they voted for someone else because their aim was to stop Hillary and the Dems. They won on that, but there's no need for the whole country to now suffer under this amateur charade of an administration. *Shit, its getting that bad that even feminists would take a ban on abortion just to get rid of Trump and have a "regular" Republican in charge.

*I might have exaggerated a bit at the end there.