Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Dump

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

102 million not working (95.4 million not in labor force and 6.6 million unemployed). Participation rate essentially unchanged from Nov 2016 (62.7% vs 62.6%).

But Trump/GOP say job market is great.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:102 million not working (95.4 million not in labor force and 6.6 million unemployed). Participation rate essentially unchanged from Nov 2016 (62.7% vs 62.6%).

But Trump/GOP say job market is great.
It is... Drumpf's family and close confidants gain employment as soon as he was elected!

God blesh the United Shatates...
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

If you believe the GOP spin that the labor market is kicking ass, then Congress should either do nothing or even raise taxes to reduce the deficit and create the opportunity to stimulate the economy with a tax cut when a recession does hit.

Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Isn't it ironic?

Hannity slams Obama’s ‘sick’ obsession with Trump
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/1 ... /23302254/

FOX News host Sean Hannity on Thursday lashed out at Barack Obama following the former president’s recent remarks in Chicago, which were largely interpreted as being directed towards President Trump.

Obama is “obviously sick, pathetic, and twisted in this obsession with President Trump. It’s kind of like everybody in the media,” Hannity said on his show.

“Every single chance Obama gets, whether it’d be here at home, overseas, it doesn’t matter. He’s trashing, trying to undermine the president,” Hannity continued. “Maybe he can’t get over the fact that his record was atrocious. Maybe he needs to take his own advice and accept the results of the election.”

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Sir Lancelot
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sir Lancelot »

vlad wrote:Sarah Huckabee is an idiot. When asked about John Lewis and Bennie Thompson were not going to attend if BLOTUS was there she replied:
“unfortunate that these members of Congress wouldn’t join the president in honoring the incredible sacrifice civil rights leaders made to right the injustices in our history.”
Somebody should clue her in about who John Lewis is. :roll:
I am confused. Why can't a civil rights leader not honor other civil rights leaders? Why do you think she is not aware of who he is?
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Sir Lancelot wrote:
vlad wrote:Sarah Huckabee is an idiot. When asked about John Lewis and Bennie Thompson were not going to attend if BLOTUS was there she replied:
“unfortunate that these members of Congress wouldn’t join the president in honoring the incredible sacrifice civil rights leaders made to right the injustices in our history.”
I am confused. Why can't a civil rights leader not honor other civil rights leaders? Why do you think she is not aware of who he is?
Seriously? If she knew you he was/is she should have least said something like "the incredible sacrifice of FELLOW civil rights leaders". John Lewis is a peaceful badass. He's one of my heroes. Trump is heartily endorsing Roy Moore in Alabama (where Lewis is from), Moore, aside from his true teen chasing is a fucking racist. Trump's own history with Black people is pretty fucking shitty (for decades). So BLOTUS hops from his "Florida" rally for Alabaman racist Moore to the opening of a Civil Rights Museum. Woosh.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Sir Lancelot wrote:
I doubt you're aware of who he is.
ImageImage
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

vlad wrote:
Sir Lancelot wrote:

Seriously? If she knew you he was/is she should have least said something like "the incredible sacrifice of FELLOW civil rights leaders". John Lewis is a peaceful badass. He's one of my heroes. Trump is heartily endorsing Roy Moore in Alabama (where Lewis is from), Moore, aside from his true teen chasing is a fucking racist. Trump's own history with Black people is pretty fucking shitty (for decades). So BLOTUS hops from his "Florida" rally for Alabaman racist Moore to the opening of a Civil Rights Museum. Woosh.
You didn't answer either of his questions.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Sir Lancelot

Post by Sir Lancelot »

vlad wrote:
Sir Lancelot wrote:

Oh.......... I get in now. Yeah she a is stupid bitch for sure.
Sir Lancelot

Post by Sir Lancelot »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:
vlad wrote:
Sir Lancelot wrote: I am confused. Why can't a civil rights leader not honor other civil rights leaders? Why do you think she is not aware of who he is?
You didn't answer either of his questions.
Well she actually did in a round a bout way. Her answer was “I hate this administration so much that is has ceased all sense of rationale”
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Sir Lancelot wrote: Her answer was “I hate this administration so much that is has ceased all sense of rationale”
I know that feeling.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

When you remember that Trump canceled a visit to a museum of African-American history on MLK Day, it was probably in his best interest to attend this event, backlash or not. He's no doubt a bigot, but his handlers obviously realize that he has to at least pretend to not be one (something he does a poor job of much of the time, hence the necessity).
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Inside Trump’s Hour-by-Hour Battle for Self-Preservation
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/us/p ... ident.html

Before taking office, Mr. Trump told top aides to think of each presidential day as an episode in a television show in which he vanquishes rivals. People close to him estimate that Mr. Trump spends at least four hours a day, and sometimes as much as twice that, in front of a television, sometimes with the volume muted, marinating in the no-holds-barred wars of cable news and eager to fire back.

Jared Kushner, his son-in-law and senior adviser, has told associates that Mr. Trump, deeply set in his ways at age 71, will never change. Rather, he predicted, Mr. Trump would bend, and possibly break, the office to his will.

Occasionally, the president solicits affirmation before hitting the “tweet” button. In June, according to a longtime adviser, he excitedly called friends to say he had the perfect tweet to neutralize the Russia investigation. He would call it a “witch hunt.” They were unimpressed.

The ammunition for his Twitter war is television. No one touches the remote control except Mr. Trump and the technical support staff — at least that’s the rule. During meetings, the 60-inch screen mounted in the dining room may be muted, but Mr. Trump keeps an eye on scrolling headlines. What he misses he checks out later on what he calls his “Super TiVo,” a state-of-the-art system that records cable news.

Watching cable, he shares thoughts with anyone in the room, even the household staff he summons via a button for lunch or for one of the dozen Diet Cokes he consumes each day.

To an extent that would stun outsiders, Mr. Trump, the most talked-about human on the planet, is still delighted when he sees his name in the headlines. And he is on a perpetual quest to see it there. One former top adviser said Mr. Trump grew uncomfortable after two or three days of peace and could not handle watching the news without seeing himself on it.

During his early months in office, he barked commands at senators, which did not go over well. “I don’t work for you, Mr. President,” Mr. Corker once snapped back, according to a Republican with knowledge of the exchange.

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican majority leader, likewise bristled when Mr. Trump cut in during methodical presentations in the Oval Office. “Don’t interrupt me,” Mr. McConnell told the president during a discussion of health care.

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Turner Coates wrote:Inside Trump’s Hour-by-Hour Battle for Self-Preservation
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/us/p ... ident.html

Before taking office, Mr. Trump told top aides to think of each presidential day as an episode in a television show in which he vanquishes rivals. People close to him estimate that Mr. Trump spends at least four hours a day, and sometimes as much as twice that, in front of a television, sometimes with the volume muted, marinating in the no-holds-barred wars of cable news and eager to fire back.

Jared Kushner, his son-in-law and senior adviser, has told associates that Mr. Trump, deeply set in his ways at age 71, will never change. Rather, he predicted, Mr. Trump would bend, and possibly break, the office to his will.

Occasionally, the president solicits affirmation before hitting the “tweet” button. In June, according to a longtime adviser, he excitedly called friends to say he had the perfect tweet to neutralize the Russia investigation. He would call it a “witch hunt.” They were unimpressed.

The ammunition for his Twitter war is television. No one touches the remote control except Mr. Trump and the technical support staff — at least that’s the rule. During meetings, the 60-inch screen mounted in the dining room may be muted, but Mr. Trump keeps an eye on scrolling headlines. What he misses he checks out later on what he calls his “Super TiVo,” a state-of-the-art system that records cable news.

Watching cable, he shares thoughts with anyone in the room, even the household staff he summons via a button for lunch or for one of the dozen Diet Cokes he consumes each day.

To an extent that would stun outsiders, Mr. Trump, the most talked-about human on the planet, is still delighted when he sees his name in the headlines. And he is on a perpetual quest to see it there. One former top adviser said Mr. Trump grew uncomfortable after two or three days of peace and could not handle watching the news without seeing himself on it.

During his early months in office, he barked commands at senators, which did not go over well. “I don’t work for you, Mr. President,” Mr. Corker once snapped back, according to a Republican with knowledge of the exchange.

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican majority leader, likewise bristled when Mr. Trump cut in during methodical presentations in the Oval Office. “Don’t interrupt me,” Mr. McConnell told the president during a discussion of health care.
Trump's number one priority is Twitter. I figured he spent a good deal of time watching the news or tweeting, but, damn, having the news on for up to eight hours a day, even in meetings? How can he possibly ever concentrate on anything *but* his next Twitter move?

The dude really drinks two six-packs of Diet Coke a day? How the fuck can Trump still be alive with his eating habits?
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Found out several things after reading the transcript of Drumpf's speech (Moore rally) in Pensacola last night... Did you know:

The crowd? Yuge... mega huge! Crowd should be proud.
The election? He won the election. It's true... He won.
Hispanics in the crowd? You were great!
America? We're an easily-robbed piggy bank.
Borders? "We'll have borders on top of borders!"
Those MAGA hats? He loves them.
Abraham Lincoln? He beat him.. (he talking specifically here about the number of regulations he's gotten rid of since becoming President)
Blacks for Trump? He loves those guys! LOVES THEM!
Merry Christmas? You can say it again!! (Not sure about you, but I could always say it) The signs even said TRUMP/PENCE MERRY CHRISTMAS on them... So I guess that was in case some of his supporters forgot how to say it?
Roy Moore? Some guy yelled "WE WANT ROY MOORE!" Drumpf agreed...
Department stores? Christmas decorations on their walls and in their windows.... hasn't been done in years..(except in pretty much every department and grocery store here in my area this time of year...many even play Christmas music in them) but Drumpf saved Christmas!!!!
Surveillance on him? Was right wasn't he? He wasn't? Well never mind... moving on.
Health care? Well the taxes are a part of it, and we'll see what happens right after taxes. We ARE going to see what happens!
Things Pensacolians' may not have known? He loves West Virginia! Have you seen it? LOVES WEST VIRGINIA!
Missiles? We make the best ones... bestest ones ever!
Did I mention he won the election? HE DID! He said he did... On ELECTION NIGHT! He won, remember that? Oh and it was beautiful..
Veterans Affairs Department? Fuck that boring shit, did you see what Arnold Schwarzenegger did to his poor beautiful show the Apprentice?? Did you? They get a big movie star and he can't pull it off!! That's what the VAD means to Drumpf dammit!
Did I mention the crowd size? YUGE!
Bad people? Media and anyone who disagrees with him. These are very, very bad and evil people that disagree with him.
CNN? A poll came out on CNN. Such a fake. A poll came out. (but he doesn't watch CNN, but the poll WAS fake because it showed his approval ratings at shit level)
He's president? "Although I'm doing a good job, I guess, right? I'm President. I'm President." so he MUST have won that election he kept talking about...
Hillary Clinton? Yes she needs to disappear. Get over it, she lost the electoral vote... He's president. He won that election. But wait let him talk about her some more...
Efilnikufesin

Post by Efilnikufesin »

My greatest Christmas gift this year will be saying "have a good Holiday" as my crew leaves for vacation on the 21st. I work in a Trump toxic environment. I stay out of all the conspiracy talk, and bullshit opinions/views etc.. That one simple expression will 100% ruin at the very least their ride home. :D
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

No surprise that the same dumb fucks who think that "Happy Holidays" somehow negates Christmas are the people who think "Black Lives Matter" means that white lives don't. By the same token, people who get offended by being wished a Merry Christmas need to shut the fuck up. Fine. Have a shitty 25th of December. How dare someone wish you good cheer on a day you don't want it!? The whole thing is fucking absurd, any way you look at it. Still, I think saying "Happy Holidays" is a nice way to be inclusive. It includes ALL, and isn't that supposed to be what America is about? But no, let's be divisive for political points. I hope Trump has a shitty fucking Christmas.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

A terrorist attack in NYC, thankfully a failed one (though the few folks with non-life threatening injuries would disagree).

Here's the BLOTUS Tweet on the incident:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump · 46m46 minutes ago

Another false story, this time in the Failing @nytimes, that I watch 4-8 hours of television a day - Wrong! Also, I seldom, if ever, watch CNN or MSNBC, both of which I consider Fake News. I never watch Don Lemon, who I once called the “dumbest man on television!” Bad Reporting.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

I am reassured that the POTUS is laser focused on our safety. :lol:
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

1. I can't read Trump tweets anymore without hearing Steven Colbert's parody voice in my head.
2. I'm so glad the president utilized his valuable time to clarify that he considers CNN to be "fake news". You know a lot of us were really in the dark as to whether he approves or disapproves of that particular news outlet. Now we finally know! Good info there!
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

I love his daily spats with CNN and other outlets as they show what a completely unqualified buffoon Drumpf is..

Obama had no love for Fox News, thought (correctly) they were a mouthpiece for the right that succeeded in further dividing cultures and the races and would never agree to appearing on their programs... Hannity, O'Reilly, Beck and other Fox personalities would not allow him to get a word in edgewise, much like they do with every political commentator they have on to discuss an opposing view..
He knew it would always be a losing situation.. (Much like Sarah Palin, Mitch McConnell, Rick Santorum and Rick Perry never agreeing to appear on Colbert, the Daily show with Jon Stewart or any other left leaning program)

Despite all of that, he never banned their "journalists" from the White House or press briefings, nor he and his administration ever restrict and black out press briefings, or bar audio and visual recordings of the, nor did he make it his daily routine of mentioning them, demanding their employees be fired for mis-reporting a story about him (which they did many times) or seeking to try and bridge the gap between them... He knew that there was more important things to utilize his time while in the White House..

He knew where Fox News, Brietbart and their ilk came from and there was nothing he could do to qualm their hatred of him aside from maybe if he got his skin color changed, carried a Glock on his hip and shot it in the air and yelled 2ND AMENDMENT FOR LIFE!!, allowed gays and Muslims shot on site, switched to only signing Republican sponsored bills and changed his name to John Wayne Reagan..
Obama and past presidents were smart enough to understand the freedom of the press and the Constitutional freedom of speech to which you are allowed to disagree with your president without fear of repercussions involving your employment or life... Something a clown like Drumpf will never get..
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

As Mueller soldiers on in his investigation of Trump, it seems the GOP is beginning to take seriously the idea that the investigation needs to be discredited. The growing impression is that the GOP is going to double down on this approach. Hell, Fox's Jeanine Pirro just made the statement on-air that Mueller, members of the FBI and the DOJ need to be thrown in jail.

A direction like this is going to add another precarious layer to the whole process. Godspeed, Robert Mueller.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 9e3ca461d6
Sir Lancelot

Post by Sir Lancelot »

8 US Mexico border wall prototypes.
All are 30ft high.
I'd suggest learning the facts and weighing the pros and cons before passing judgment on this wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP-BVjRW1rc
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Sir Lancelot wrote:8 US Mexico border wall prototypes.
All are 30ft high.
I'd suggest learning the facts and weighing the pros and cons before passing judgment on this wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP-BVjRW1rc
I'd suggest you do the same. I grew up on the border, literally, and both of my parents worked for the Border Patrol. My dad ran the Campo and San Marcos stations before he died and my mother is head of HR for San Diego and El Centro counties. I know our Borders better than most. FAR more drugs and people come from tunnels and straight through actual monitored points of entry than over any wall. A wall is extremely wasteful spending, designed to make people who DON'T do their research feel comfortable.
And that's not even to mention that the overwhelming majority of American terrorism and crime has come from legal citizens or people who have been cleared to be here. The wall is a fucking joke. It's a symbol of willful ignorance and unjustly-derived intolerance. That money should be spent on personel, not construction of a fucking wall. It's ludicrous.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks »

No matter how high the wall is, it doesn’t do any good when drug runners build tunnels deeper. All the border does is separate famalies who’s only crime is wanting to come here for a better life. It makes me sad to see this happen. It’s a waste of time and money that’s better spent helping others.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Donald Trump got 3 things wrong in 1 tweet this morning
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/politics/ ... index.html
1. Trump says that "the Democrats" have spent "millions of dollars" and "wasted" thousands of hours in an attempt to prove he colluded with the Russians during the 2016 campaign.

2. Trump says no collusion with Russia has been shown.

3. Trump has said he doesn't know and has never met the women accusing him of sexual harassment.

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Watching those women tell their stories on the "Today" show, it was horrifying and disgusting to hear about how decades ago, Trump simply jumped on one of them in first class on an airplane unprovoked and groped/kissed her like some animal, to the point where she went back to coach and waited until the plane emptied to leave. Then he randomly sees her two years later at a charity event, remembers her and calls her the "C" word. Just vile.

I hope every Democratic senator calls for Trump's resignation. Fuck this. Franken was told he had to go, now it's Trump's turn.
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks »

And there's talk of Republicans attempting to shut down Mueller by the first of the year. But that's just talk and considering that there are more moderates and anti-trump Republicans in both senate and congress, and add in the Dem's, this could be a very ugly fight. But the Republicans have only themselves to blame for this mess since they decided to make the deal with the devil.

Jesus Christ on a segway, this is no way to run things.
TenBenny wrote:Watching those women tell their stories on the "Today" show, it was horrifying and disgusting to hear about how decades ago, Trump simply jumped on one of them in first class on an airplane unprovoked and groped/kissed her like some animal, to the point where she went back to coach and waited until the plane emptied to leave. Then he randomly sees her two years later at a charity event, remembers her and calls her the "C" word. Just vile.

I hope every Democratic senator calls for Trump's resignation. Fuck this. Franken was told he had to go, now it's Trump's turn.
Between the base and the Trumpers in the government, who knows how this will play out. But time and again teflon don has weathered the storms.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

stocknsocks wrote:And there's talk of Republicans attempting to shut down Mueller by the first of the year. But that's just talk and considering that there are more moderates and anti-trump Republicans in both senate and congress, and add in the Dem's, this could be a very ugly fight. But the Republicans have only themselves to blame for this mess since they decided to make the deal with the devil.

Jesus Christ on a segway, this is no way to run things.
TenBenny wrote:Watching those women tell their stories on the "Today" show, it was horrifying and disgusting to hear about how decades ago, Trump simply jumped on one of them in first class on an airplane unprovoked and groped/kissed her like some animal, to the point where she went back to coach and waited until the plane emptied to leave. Then he randomly sees her two years later at a charity event, remembers her and calls her the "C" word. Just vile.

Between the base and the Trumpers in the government, who knows how this will play out. But time and again teflon don has weathered the storms.
Right. That's really the scary thing. It's not that the Democrats have lost their way (as was said about the Hillary campaign), it's that nobody on the left really knows how to best the GOP majority, or make headway with the voters Trump and the GOP have lured in. That's what makes Robert Mueller so important. He has the power to effect change and can do his work independent of the GOP and the voters. His only threat is being fired, but I've no doubt he has Plans B, C and D as backup in case that happens.

Trump *should* be investigated for his assaults, although if that were ever to happen, Democratic voters might actually tear into the Democrats for not allowing the same courtesy to Franken. Democrats figured losing Franken would be the fair thing to do, but it's not going to change anything about Trump or Roy Moore. So it's a triple loss for Democrats. Teflon Don indeed.