Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Dump

Post by stocknsocks »

TenBenny wrote:
stocknsocks wrote:And there's talk of Republicans attempting to shut down Mueller by the first of the year. But that's just talk and considering that there are more moderates and anti-trump Republicans in both senate and congress, and add in the Dem's, this could be a very ugly fight. But the Republicans have only themselves to blame for this mess since they decided to make the deal with the devil.

Jesus Christ on a segway, this is no way to run things.
TenBenny wrote:Watching those women tell their stories on the "Today" show, it was horrifying and disgusting to hear about how decades ago, Trump simply jumped on one of them in first class on an airplane unprovoked and groped/kissed her like some animal, to the point where she went back to coach and waited until the plane emptied to leave. Then he randomly sees her two years later at a charity event, remembers her and calls her the "C" word. Just vile.

I hope every Democratic senator calls for Trump's resignation. Fuck this. Franken was told he had to go, now it's Trump's turn.
Between the base and the Trumpers in the government, who knows how this will play out. But time and again teflon don has weathered the storms.
Right. That's really the scary thing. It's not that the Democrats have lost their way (as was said about the Hillary campaign), it's that nobody on the left really knows how to best the GOP majority, or make headway with the voters Trump and the GOP have lured in. That's what makes Robert Mueller so important. He has the power to effect change and can do his work independent of the GOP and the voters. His only threat is being fired, but I"m certain he has Plans B, C and D as backup in case that happens.

Trump *should* be investigated for his assaults, although if that were ever to happen, Democratic voters might actually tear into the Democrats for not allowing the same courtesy to Franken. Democrats figured losing Franken would be the fair thing to do, but it's not going to change anything about Trump or Roy Moore. So it's a triple loss for Democrats. Teflon Don indeed.
Considering the schism we seem to have not just in politics but in our nation as well, are the extremists just a symptom of a more underlying problem or is this just another sign of outside agitators? Sure, democrats had to get rid of Franken but when you dig deeper, there is a slush fund set aside for settlements of sexual impropriety committed by politicians. And the taxpayer pays for it, not the politician who's most likely guilty. I wasn't sure what to be more upset about: the fact that this happens more often than we find out about it, or the fact that we PAY for it to go away!
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

TenBenny wrote:That's what makes Robert Mueller so important. He has the power to effect change and can do his work independent of the GOP and the voters. His only threat is being fired, but I've no doubt he has Plans B, C and D as backup in case that happens.
Yep. As someone who once had ultra high security clearance told me, "YOU DON'T EVER FUCK WITH INTEL."

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

It seems that Trump has signed a measure to allot $700 billion in defense spending.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/36445 ... olicy-bill

But he's not interested in defense against cyber warfare. Hmmm, I wonder why.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity ... fense-bill
Last edited by TenBenny on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

TenBenny wrote:It seems that Trump has signed a measure to allot $700 billion in defense funding.

But he's not interested in defense against cyber warfare.

Those F-35s aren't going to pay for themselves. Plus Trumpy likes bigly expensive luxurious tanks and other goodies that can be paraded down some Washington DC street just like all those other countries have. Then those tanks can join the other thousands of tanks that are parked and not being used.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

vlad wrote:
TenBenny wrote:It seems that Trump has signed a measure to allot $700 billion in defense funding.

Those F-35s aren't going to pay for themselves. Plus Trumpy likes bigly expensive luxurious tanks and other goodies that can be paraded down some Washington DC street just like all those other countries have. Then those tanks can join the other thousands of tanks that are parked and not being used.
He doesn't mind spending other people's money because he doesn't understand the value of things. He's okay with propping up his own glory and gaining praise by wasting almost a trillion dollars on what is already the most expensive military in the world.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

TenBenny wrote:
vlad wrote:

He doesn't mind spending other people's money because he doesn't understand the value of things. He's okay with propping up his own glory and gaining praise by wasting almost a trillion dollars on what is already the most expensive military in the world.
Well, he's gotta fight those Christianity-hating leftist commies somehow! No ordinary cut-rate military will do for Trump and his followers. That said, I'm all for having a strong military when necessary...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

“Nikki Haley Stuck a Knife in His Back”: Roger Stone Is Already Writing the Story of Trump’s Downfall
One of Trump’s closest allies believes the president could be removed from office by disloyal Cabinet members—and he’s writing a book about it.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/12 ... l-of-trump

In the closing days of the Alabama Senate election, Steve Bannon told people that Donald Trump’s political survival depended on Trump supporting Roy Moore. Bannon’s argument, according to those who spoke with him, was that establishment Republicans and Democrats would use Moore’s defeat as a political weapon to force Trump to face the sexual harassment allegations that have dogged him since the 2016 election. Bannon called Alabama Trump’s “firebreak.”

Last night, the flames leapt into the West Wing. Moore’s dramatic loss to Democrat Doug Jones in a state Trump carried by 62 percent is sowing panic among some of Trump’s kitchen Cabinet. “This shows the public is taking the sexual harassment issue seriously. The president has a big problem,” a Republican close to the White House told me. Even before the election, Democrats renewed calls for Trump to resign for his alleged treatment of women. This week, three of Trump’s accusers launched a media tour to elevate the issue. Even a member of Trump’s administration weighed in. U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley said on Face the Nation that Trump’s accusers should be “heard” and “dealt with.”

One Trump ally is making plans to commercialize Trump’s downfall. Longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone told me he is working on a book titled The Fall of Trump as part of a multi-book deal with Skyhorse Publishing. (Last fall, Skyhorse published Stone’s campaign account, The Making of the President 2016.) “I’ve been writing it as we go along,” he told me.

Stone said he got the idea to write a book chronicling Trump’s removal from office after watching how the White House responded to the Robert Mueller investigation. “It’s painfully obvious Mueller will bring charges,” Stone said. “The theory is Mueller will indict him on some process-related matter” such as obstruction of justice. “The only people who don’t seem to know it are Ty Cobb, [John] Dowd, and the president.”

Stone also believes Trump could be removed from office because he has surrounded himself with disloyal Cabinet members and other top officials. “Nikki Haley stuck a knife in his back,” Stone said, referring to her comments about Trump’s accusers. According to Stone’s back-of-the-napkin tally, only two Cabinet members would vote against invoking the 25th Amendment, the provision by which the president can be deemed unable to serve (Congress would have to vote by a two-thirds majority to remove him permanently).

Stone made it clear he’s not writing the book because he wants to, he’s just planning ahead. “I hope it’s a book I don’t have to publish,” he said, expressing dismay at Trump’s political prospects. “I just don’t think Trump is being told the truth about how bad things are.”

Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Turner Coates wrote:“Nikki Haley Stuck a Knife in His Back”: Roger Stone Is Already Writing the Story of Trump’s Downfall
One of Trump’s closest allies believes the president could be removed from office by disloyal Cabinet members—and he’s writing a book about it.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/12 ... l-of-trump

In the closing days of the Alabama Senate election, Steve Bannon told people that Donald Trump’s political survival depended on Trump supporting Roy Moore. Bannon’s argument, according to those who spoke with him, was that establishment Republicans and Democrats would use Moore’s defeat as a political weapon to force Trump to face the sexual harassment allegations that have dogged him since the 2016 election. Bannon called Alabama Trump’s “firebreak.”

Last night, the flames leapt into the West Wing. Moore’s dramatic loss to Democrat Doug Jones in a state Trump carried by 62 percent is sowing panic among some of Trump’s kitchen Cabinet. “This shows the public is taking the sexual harassment issue seriously. The president has a big problem,” a Republican close to the White House told me. Even before the election, Democrats renewed calls for Trump to resign for his alleged treatment of women. This week, three of Trump’s accusers launched a media tour to elevate the issue. Even a member of Trump’s administration weighed in. U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley said on Face the Nation that Trump’s accusers should be “heard” and “dealt with.”

One Trump ally is making plans to commercialize Trump’s downfall. Longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone told me he is working on a book titled The Fall of Trump as part of a multi-book deal with Skyhorse Publishing. (Last fall, Skyhorse published Stone’s campaign account, The Making of the President 2016.) “I’ve been writing it as we go along,” he told me.

Stone said he got the idea to write a book chronicling Trump’s removal from office after watching how the White House responded to the Robert Mueller investigation. “It’s painfully obvious Mueller will bring charges,” Stone said. “The theory is Mueller will indict him on some process-related matter” such as obstruction of justice. “The only people who don’t seem to know it are Ty Cobb, [John] Dowd, and the president.”

Stone also believes Trump could be removed from office because he has surrounded himself with disloyal Cabinet members and other top officials. “Nikki Haley stuck a knife in his back,” Stone said, referring to her comments about Trump’s accusers. According to Stone’s back-of-the-napkin tally, only two Cabinet members would vote against invoking the 25th Amendment, the provision by which the president can be deemed unable to serve (Congress would have to vote by a two-thirds majority to remove him permanently).

Stone made it clear he’s not writing the book because he wants to, he’s just planning ahead. “I hope it’s a book I don’t have to publish,” he said, expressing dismay at Trump’s political prospects. “I just don’t think Trump is being told the truth about how bad things are.”
There's no honor amongst thieves. Roger Stone is about as corrupting a figure as there is.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

I wouldn't buy a book by Roger Stone if it was guaranteed instructions to eternal happiness. That guy is more to blame for the current shitshow than anybody else. Total "Man Behind The Curtain".
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

exitflagger wrote:I wouldn't buy a book by Roger Stone if it was guaranteed instructions to eternal happiness. That guy is more to blame for the current shitshow than anybody else. Total "Man Behind The Curtain".
Agreed. He may not be the total puppet master but he's one of the assholes that got us into this mess. When you let the allegedly sober Bannon and his bowl of crazy get involved in anything without thinking that maybe this guy is a fucking nut, you get what you deserve. And I hope his pocket of hell is especially warm. NIkki Haley is just as guilty. She didn't stab anybody, she just decided to grow a bit of a spine while doing her best to keep herself as far away from the flames as possible. They all knew or ignored the truth so they can all go down with the Drumpftanic.

For once I'm enjoying the news like you stated earlier. It's weird to hear good news!
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

stocknsocks wrote:
exitflagger wrote:I wouldn't buy a book by Roger Stone if it was guaranteed instructions to eternal happiness. That guy is more to blame for the current shitshow than anybody else. Total "Man Behind The Curtain".
Agreed. He may not be the total puppet master but he's one of the assholes that got us into this mess. When you let the allegedly sober Bannon and his bowl of crazy get involved in anything without thinking that maybe this guy is a fucking nut, you get what you deserve. And I hope his pocket of hell is especially warm. NIkki Haley is just as guilty. She didn't stab anybody, she just decided to grow a bit of a spine while doing her best to keep herself as far away from the flames as possible. They all knew or ignored the truth so they can all go down with the Drumpftanic.

For once I'm enjoying the news like you stated earlier. It's weird to hear good news!
It seems to be a self-admitted truth for me, if I'm being honest, that the right-leaners in this climate really can't be trusted to be consistent. If you see someone in that group doing what looks to be something upstanding, you just end up waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's a sad commentary, but I feel like unfortunately that's the way many have now been conditioned to think. For example, Jeff Flake tweeted his cheers for justice being enacted with Doug Jones' election to the Senate yesterday, but all I could think was, "You fucker, you betrayed your own great exit speech by voting for the GOP tax plan."

Bob Corker seems like the only person at the moment with the possibility of, "I said I was done with this GOP funny business and I'm sticking by that." But even then, as I said, I kind of keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and for him to do something along party lines again that says, "Oh, well, just this one more thing."
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

TenBenny wrote:
stocknsocks wrote:

It seems to be a self-admitted truth for me, if I'm being honest, that the right-leaners in this climate really can't be trusted to be consistent. If you see someone in that group doing what looks to be something upstanding, you just end up waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's a sad commentary, but I feel like unfortunately that's the way many have now been conditioned to think. For example, Jeff Flake tweeted his cheers for justice being enacted with Doug Jones' election to the Senate yesterday, but all I could think was, "You fucker, you betrayed your own great exit speech by voting for the GOP tax plan."

Bob Corker seems like the only person at the moment with the possibility of, "I said I was done with this GOP funny business and I'm sticking by that." But even then, as I said, I kind of keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and for him to do something along party lines again that says, "Oh, well, just this one more thing."
I'm waiting for the shoe closet to open up and see just how many of these hypocrites have graveyards full of skeletons in their backgrounds. I fully expect this whole mess to get even worse, it's just the current climate of expecting the worse and preparing for the same.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

stocknsocks wrote:
TenBenny wrote: It seems to be a self-admitted truth for me, if I'm being honest, that the right-leaners in this climate really can't be trusted to be consistent. If you see someone in that group doing what looks to be something upstanding, you just end up waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's a sad commentary, but I feel like unfortunately that's the way many have now been conditioned to think. For example, Jeff Flake tweeted his cheers for justice being enacted with Doug Jones' election to the Senate yesterday, but all I could think was, "You fucker, you betrayed your own great exit speech by voting for the GOP tax plan."

I'm waiting for the shoe closet to open up and see just how many of these hypocrites have graveyards full of skeletons in their backgrounds. I fully expect this whole mess to get even worse, it's just the current climate of expecting the worse and preparing for the same.
Government has a protective entity in place that Hollywood just began to tear down. Accusers of prominent show business figures lobbied their arrows of truth and they managed to stick, and to do real harm to the shield that had protected the perpetrators from within. Many government officials seem to live by their own equivalent of the blue wall that exists with many law enforcement agencies. Until there is a need for accountability as seen from within, the wall gets to stay up and there will be no change to that culture of unaccountability in Washington.

With Hollywood, people are seeing the damage *not* holding someone accountable can bring about. So other factors beyond just moral righteousness have forced people's hands and forced a change of the climate. Although in that case, we're talking about a stronger factor of consumers spending money or watching something, whereas with politics the power is more in voting. I don't know if that makes sense, but I hope the same happens in Washington. This is why a Democratic sweep in the 2018 elections would be so great. It would show Washington, especially the GOP, that being told to leave is how they will be held accountable and that there really is no invincibility for them.
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

TenBenny wrote:
stocknsocks wrote:
TenBenny wrote: It seems to be a self-admitted truth for me, if I'm being honest, that the right-leaners in this climate really can't be trusted to be consistent. If you see someone in that group doing what looks to be something upstanding, you just end up waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's a sad commentary, but I feel like unfortunately that's the way many have now been conditioned to think. For example, Jeff Flake tweeted his cheers for justice being enacted with Doug Jones' election to the Senate yesterday, but all I could think was, "You fucker, you betrayed your own great exit speech by voting for the GOP tax plan."

Government has a protective entity in place that Hollywood just began to tear down. Accusers of prominent show business figures lobbied their arrows of truth and they managed to stick, and to do real harm to the shield that had protected the perpetrators from within. Many government officials seem to live by their own equivalent of the blue wall that exists with many law enforcement agencies. Until there is a need for accountability as seen from within, the wall gets to stay up and there will be no change to that culture of unaccountability in Washington.

With Hollywood, people are seeing the damage *not* holding someone accountable can bring about. So other factors beyond just moral righteousness have forced people's hands and forced a change of the climate. Although in that case, we're talking about a stronger factor of consumers spending money or watching something, whereas with politics the power is more in voting. I don't know if that makes sense, but I hope the same happens in Washington. This is why a Democratic sweep in the 2018 elections would be so great. It would show Washington, especially the GOP, that being told to leave is how they will be held accountable and that there really is no invincibility for them.
Makes perfect sense actually. But if you want to get someone's attention, you have to pull off their masks. Most Hollywood insiders knew or suspected or had heard gossip but without cast iron proof, you can't make a case. You have to make it a place for victims to feel safe to finally be able to tell their stories, for there to be any REAL change. Politicians have a lot more to lose because it's not just their reputations on the line, it's the party as well. They're accountable to the party first and foremost. The voting public only hears what we're told. If we finally heard the truth, do you think people would really believe it? Some people, men mostly, wouldn't believe it or would think the women are lying, as has been shown time and time and time again. And it's not just women that are victims here; there are people in politics that have their fair share of kinks. They have the public wife and the private boyfriends. Men that have power run the game.
Sir Lancelot
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sir Lancelot »

Mojo wrote:
Sir Lancelot wrote:8 US Mexico border wall prototypes.
All are 30ft high.
I'd suggest learning the facts and weighing the pros and cons before passing judgment on this wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP-BVjRW1rc
I'd suggest you do the same. I grew up on the border, literally, and both of my parents worked for the Border Patrol. My dad ran the Campo and San Marcos stations before he died and my mother is head of HR for San Diego and El Centro counties. I know our Borders better than most. FAR more drugs and people come from tunnels and straight through actual monitored points of entry than over any wall. A wall is extremely wasteful spending, designed to make people who DON'T do their research feel comfortable.
And that's not even to mention that the overwhelming majority of American terrorism and crime has come from legal citizens or people who have been cleared to be here. The wall is a fucking joke. It's a symbol of willful ignorance and unjustly-derived intolerance. That money should be spent on personel, not construction of a fucking wall. It's ludicrous.
I too have family that work for boarder patrol. One member on the US/Canadian (near my house) and another on the US/Mex boarder. I have heard all the horror stories of women being raped by coyotes to children dying from dehydration. I think these atrocities can be avoided if this wall gets to replace the one we have now. I worry about my brother every day because his job is so dangerous. I'm proud of him though because I do believe he is serving his country. From what he tells me, everyone he works with welcomes the wall. Why are they wrong about wanting decent security. I can't imagine how this could out weigh the negatives.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

stocknsocks wrote: Makes perfect sense actually. But if you want to get someone's attention, you have to pull off their masks. Most Hollywood insiders knew or suspected or had heard gossip but without cast iron proof, you can't make a case. You have to make it a place for victims to feel safe to finally be able to tell their stories, for there to be any REAL change. Politicians have a lot more to lose because it's not just their reputations on the line, it's the party as well. They're accountable to the party first and foremost. The voting public only hears what we're told. If we finally heard the truth, do you think people would really believe it? Some people, men mostly, wouldn't believe it or would think the women are lying, as has been shown time and time and time again. And it's not just women that are victims here; there are people in politics that have their fair share of kinks. They have the public wife and the private boyfriends. Men that have power run the game.
Do you ever ask yourself, "Who wants to be in politics?" Seriously, who the hell wants to do this? I know there are some really good people that want to *do* good, and who can really find inner joy doing that, but, man, if you're looking for profit or debauchery, it seems like a miserable haul. Someone like Obama, or Justin Trudeau, has a great situation. Can you imagine how much swooning goes on around them? They might not act on it, and I'm assuming (or hoping) likely don't, but damn, that inadvertent perk has gotta be pretty enjoyable on some level. :D
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

TenBenny wrote:
stocknsocks wrote: Makes perfect sense actually. But if you want to get someone's attention, you have to pull off their masks. Most Hollywood insiders knew or suspected or had heard gossip but without cast iron proof, you can't make a case. You have to make it a place for victims to feel safe to finally be able to tell their stories, for there to be any REAL change. Politicians have a lot more to lose because it's not just their reputations on the line, it's the party as well. They're accountable to the party first and foremost. The voting public only hears what we're told. If we finally heard the truth, do you think people would really believe it? Some people, men mostly, wouldn't believe it or would think the women are lying, as has been shown time and time and time again. And it's not just women that are victims here; there are people in politics that have their fair share of kinks. They have the public wife and the private boyfriends. Men that have power run the game.
Do you ever ask yourself, "Who wants to be in politics?" Seriously, who the hell wants to do this? I know there are some really good people that want to *do* good, and who can really find inner joy doing that, but, man, if you're looking for profit or debauchery, it seems like a miserable haul. Someone like Obama, or Justin Trudeau, has a great situation. Can you imagine how much swooning goes on around them? They might not act on it, and I'm assuming (or hoping) likely don't, but damn, that inadvertent perk has gotta be pretty enjoyable on some level. :D
Absolute power corrupts. Some people want to be famous and some people want to be rich and powerful. If there weren't politicians we'd have to invent them. Sure, there are some folks that really do feel like they're doing whats best for people by being their voice, and there are some that have done very good things, but money talks and if you got rid of lobbyists, how many laws do you think would be enacted that have special interest tags on them? I own guns but I don't support the NRA because there has to be limits. We have laws on the books that aren't enforced but rather than go through the billions of pages of laws already enacted, they'd rather make a new law that counters an already existing law, making it almost impossible to enforce laws.

The NRA has a huge lobby and money to burn, same with oil, gas, and mining interests. You can't pass a law to get rid of them, who would sign it?! But the perks are money first and foremost. Money greases the wheels. Money makes the world go 'round and can pay off politicians and attorneys. I'm getting old and cynical but I tend to keep this quote handy: Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

stocknsocks wrote:
TenBenny wrote:
Absolute power corrupts. Some people want to be famous and some people want to be rich and powerful. If there weren't politicians we'd have to invent them. Sure, there are some folks that really do feel like they're doing whats best for people by being their voice, and there are some that have done very good things, but money talks and if you got rid of lobbyists, how many laws do you think would be enacted that have special interest tags on them? I own guns but I don't support the NRA because there has to be limits. We have laws on the books that aren't enforced but rather than go through the billions of pages of laws already enacted, they'd rather make a new law that counters an already existing law, making it almost impossible to enforce laws.

The NRA has a huge lobby and money to burn, same with oil, gas, and mining interests. You can't pass a law to get rid of them, who would sign it?! But the perks are money first and foremost. Money greases the wheels. Money makes the world go 'round and can pay off politicians and attorneys. I'm getting old and cynical but I tend to keep this quote handy: Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams
Too bad we don't have a consortium of relatively decent-hearted billionaires saying, "Hey, I'll bribe you guys better than the NRA." If it's money that's the problem, outspend Big Guns, Big Oil, etc. Lol, I don't like the idea of bribery, but if it comes down to something crazy to get the country unstuck from this web, what else do we have other than crazy ideas? Even if they can only do it for one year because of the bigger funding supply the lobbyers have, hypothetically you're at least maybe buying individuals enough to where they're voting to pass anti-gun laws *now*. I mean, hey, why should those politicians give a fuck how the government gets its big money the *following* year, they got paid. It sounds like a bit of a get-rich-quick scheme that offers no budgetary solution for next year's government but it at least helps the problems with certain areas of lawmaking.

Now obviously none of that is a good or ethical way to go in actuality. I'm just speaking from frustration. But it just speaks to the whole thing boiling down to people profiting personally.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

TenBenny wrote: Do you ever ask yourself, "Who wants to be in politics?"D
Sure. There are those who want to change the world, but for most it's a stepping stone to money, power and recognition. I knew a guy who became mayor of a large city, and it was totally calculated for years. He went to Georgetown University and came home to begin the process....mayor, governor, vice president(?). president(?). His friends threw a bachelor party for him. When it moved to a strip bar, he wouldn't join them because of how it might look in the future. He fucked up when he beat the shit out of his wife, who didn't press charges, but she spread the word. She even threatened to run against him in an election. Eventually, the guy's political career was snuffed out (for now), and he has a law practice.
While mayor, he got public funding for some statues of area founders, from hundreds of years ago. He had the artist make the face on one of them in his (the mayor's) own image.

stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

TenBenny wrote: Too bad we don't have a consortium of relatively decent-hearted billionaires saying, "Hey, I'll bribe you guys better than the NRA." If it's money that's the problem, outspend Big Guns, Big Oil, etc. Lol, I don't like the idea of bribery, but if it comes down to something crazy to get the country unstuck from this web, what else do we have other than crazy ideas? Even if they can only do it for one year because of the bigger funding supply the lobbyers have, hypothetically you're at least maybe buying individuals enough to where they're voting to pass anti-gun laws *now*. I mean, hey, why should those politicians give a fuck how the government gets its big money the *following* year, they got paid. It sounds like a bit of a get-rich-quick scheme that offers no budgetary solution for next year's government but it at least helps the problems with certain areas of lawmaking.

Now obviously none of that is a good or ethical way to go in actuality. I'm just speaking from frustration. But it just speaks to the whole thing boiling down to people profiting personally.
No such thing as a decent hearted billionaire. How do you think they got rich in the first place? They stepped on people, used them, and then cast them aside when they were no longer of any use! Bribery is a way of life in DC. Just look up any big political fuck-up and you'll see that money and bribery were what brought it on. But you have to think: you don't bite the hand that feeds. If someone is going to pay for something, odds are that they'll continue to pay because now that they've gone this route, most likely there's evidence of them doing it so while it would be best not to do it in the first place, it's already done and everybody or just about everybody is in on it.

The anti-gun lobby has no bullets so to speak. If you take guns away from every day people, they'll get them illegally, just like during prohibition. They continue to force feed the evil weed storyline like a soap opera when there's more money to be made legally from it. I don't remember where I originally found out about it but the original DEA had to have something to justify themselves so they picked marijuana as the evil to go against. It's stupid but despite all evidence to the contrary, they continue their quixotic quest. Heroin is the biggest threat but big pharma controls the synthetic opiod supply and have no problem getting people addicted. Money, money, money.
Turner Coates wrote:
Sure. There are those who want to change the world, but for most it's a stepping stone to money, power and recognition. I knew a guy who became mayor of a large city, and it was totally calculated for years. He went to Georgetown University and came home to begin the process....mayor, governor, vice president(?). president(?). His friends threw a bachelor party for him. When it moved to a strip bar, he wouldn't join them because of how it might look in the future. He fucked up when he beat the shit out of his wife, who didn't press charges, but she spread the word. She even threatened to run against him in an election. Eventually, the guy's political career was snuffed out (for now), and he has a law practice.
While mayor, he got public funding for some statues of area founders, from hundreds of years ago. He had the artist make the face on one of them in his (the mayor's) own image.
I was typing something very similar but I gotta love the mayor story. That's fucking solid gold!
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

stocknsocks wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:
I was typing something very similar but I gotta love the mayor story. That's fucking solid gold!
What a story! Sounds like your typical politician ego bullshit. Amazing how this guy wouldn't go to strip clubs and yet couldn't realize enough to restrain himself what beating his own wife would do the image he desperately looked to keep clean. Fucking idiot. A good rule of thumb... if you're gonna go into politics, know that you really have the temperament to keep your wits about you at most or all times.
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

TenBenny wrote:
stocknsocks wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:
What a story! Sounds like your typical politician ego bullshit. Amazing how this guy wouldn't go to strip clubs and yet couldn't realize enough to restrain himself what beating his own wife would do the image he desperately looked to keep clean. Fucking idiot. A good rule of thumb... if you're gonna go into politics, know that you really have the temperament to keep your wits about you at most or all times.
Or be honest. I'm crazy and admit it. I'm cheap to any buyer and I could care less about your religious affiliations. Vote me for Prez, my morals are as thin as my wallet!
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

:lol:

Roy Moore defeat left Fox News trying to comfort Trump

The unexpected victory of Doug Jones over Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate race on Tuesday night took cable news by surprise. On MSNBC, Rachel Maddow had been preparing her audience for a loss, saying it would take “a miracle” for a Democrat to win a statewide election in Alabama at this point in history and telling us that voter turnout in a special election generally attracts more white and older voters. No such niceties were being discussed on Hannity during that same 9 p.m. hour. What was Sean Hannity discussing? The dubiousness of the writing in the yearbook of a Moore sexual-predation accuser. Yes, Hannity was trying to re-ignite the Fox-promoted lie of “she forged it,” in this case without actually using the word forge. What about CNN, you ask? Sorry, I just can’t watch CNN whenever Wolf Blitzer, the Drone With a Beard, is honking solemnly hour after hour.

By 10 p.m., when it looked as though Jones might win, you knew it was getting close when the voice of eternally boyish election-numbers analyst Steve Kornacki began cracking with excitement. Over on Fox, Laura Ingraham was starting to do Fox News damage control, literally laughing at the memory of the interview Moore gave to Hannity earlier in the campaign and saying it proved Moore was a “weak” candidate. Then Ingraham moved on to other Fox obsessions such as (the chyron says it all) “The Plot to Take Down President Trump.” The race was called for Doug Jones between 10:30 and 11 p.m. by all three news networks.

Come Wednesday morning, Fox and Friends was left with the woeful duty of trying to make the world seem warm and comfy for its most important viewer, President Trump. The Roy Moore defeat was the lead story, of course, but the hosts quickly moved on to other topics. Such as (all chyrons guaranteed) “Potential Threat of Armed-Drone Attacks.” And, of course, the unfairness of the Robert Mueller investigation into the president.

Starting with Hannity the preceding night, Fox has been quoting text messages it has obtained from FBI agent Peter Strzok to lawyer Lisa Page, whom he was dating during the presidential campaign. Turns out, Strzok is a sentient human who has political opinions. Among them, in these texts, is the belief that — I’m quoting here; hide the children’s eyes — “Trump is a f***in’ idiot.” Unlike Hannity, Fox and Friends was able to do something extra special for its viewers and the viewer-in-chief: dramatic readings of the texts! “You play Page and I’ll play Strzok!” co-host Steve Doocy said to Ainsley Earhardt, as excited as a boy just cast in a school play. Together, they made sweet music with Earhardt/Page text-talking, “God, Trump is loathsome human,” and Doocy text-crooning, “OMG, he’s an idiot.” I’m sure this distracting drama was sufficient to see the president through his three-Diet Coke breakfast this morning.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/roy ... 44935.html

Hannity: "They're picking on Drumpfy!!! Come on girls!!"
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

I can't believe Hannity isn't neck deep in shit like his pal O'Reilly was.
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

MickeyG wrote:I can't believe Hannity isn't neck deep in shit like his pal O'Reilly was.
I don't think Hannity has the intelligence to do anything stupid. He has one more brain cell than a horse does so that he doesn't shit himself while he's sitting in his chair.

Edited to add this wonderful gif.

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

stocknsocks wrote:
MickeyG wrote:I can't believe Hannity isn't neck deep in shit like his pal O'Reilly was.
I don't think Hannity has the intelligence to do anything stupid. He has one more brain cell than a horse does so that he doesn't shit himself while he's sitting in his chair.

Yep, that's pretty much how I'd imagine Hannity going after Trump's critics. Gotta love a good Blazing Saddles reference! :lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

dmbrocker wrote:
stocknsocks wrote:

Yep, that's pretty much how I'd imagine Hannity going after Trump's critics. Gotta love a good Blazing Saddles reference! :lol:
I really need to watch it again. That and some Looney Tunes cartoons. Nobody could make Brooks’ movies today, nobody’d have the balls to green light them.

Well, let’s see what insanity Drumpf does tomorrow. Odds of trying to fire Mueller are at 40:1 at the moment. He needs a spin and he’s got too much heat on him and the noose is getting tighter. But if he fires Mueller he can almost guarantee it would almost be political suicide. Pence would wet his pants in happiness though.
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

Okay, Tillerson, who isn’t a politician, almost had NoKo to agree to talks when “The White House” pulled the rug on Tillerson again.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... d-messages
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

stocknsocks wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:
stocknsocks wrote:

I really need to watch it again. That and some Looney Tunes cartoons. Nobody could make Brooks’ movies today, nobody’d have the balls to green light them.

Well, let’s see what insanity Drumpf does tomorrow. Odds of trying to fire Mueller are at 40:1 at the moment. He needs a spin and he’s got too much heat on him and the noose is getting tighter. But if he fires Mueller he can almost guarantee it would almost be political suicide. Pence would wet his pants in happiness though.

Fortunately, Trump is not able to fire Mueller. Only rod Rosenstein can. He said yesterday at a committee interview he saw no reason to fire him. The funny thing is, is that when mueller was appointed, many on the right were happy bc they thought mueller had a great reputation and unbiased. Who better to exonerate dear leader? Now, they are extremely nervous he is doing too good a job and may actually find something to take down trump.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

EddieVanHeineken wrote: Fortunately, Trump is not able to fire Mueller. Only rod Rosenstein can. He said yesterday at a committee interview he saw no reason to fire him. The funny thing is, is that when mueller was appointed, many on the right were happy bc they thought mueller had a great reputation and unbiased. Who better to exonerate dear leader? Now, they are extremely nervous he is doing too good a job and may actually find something to take down trump.
I know Agent Orange's attorney is being asked to investigate the investigation and I was under the impression that Drumpf COULD fire him but it would be difficult and would most like end with impeachment proceedings. I know they're trying to find any way to prove that the investigation isn't partisan. Instead of working the man either plays golf, tweets, or watches news to see if his name is in the news.