Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Kiss Crue
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Kiss Crue »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:We now have one of the biggest warmongers in our nation's history as NSA, and also one of the biggest Russia hawks. So all the fearmongering and bellicose rhetoric from liberals and nevertrumpers about this administration being "soft" on Russia got their wish. Be careful what you wish for.
It has never made one iota of rational sense for Americans to want their government to be involved in a grudge hate match with Russia.

Half the country, and pretty much all of the media, has made it politically impossible to do anything other than antagonize Russia and drive them into the hands of America's greatest enemies.

Unfortunately this is another example of Trump being a politician instead of the independent deal maker putting America first he purported himself to be.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

I like, a lot, that it isn't just school violence that's being protested. Kids from cities that have been racked by gun violence are front and center. Just watched an incredibly articulate 11 y/o girl speak. The kids are alright.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Mojo wrote:
TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:March For Our Lives today . . .
Which is nothing but a giant circle jerk that will do absolutely nothing but litter the streets of DC with trash and fuck up traffic for a day.
I disagree. It's about future voters and their biggest issue. Millions are gonna remember when they cast their ballots.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Kids who were at Sandy Hook are speaking. On lost his little sister there. The kids who were there are now being able to get their voices heard. Their parents tried, maybe they'll have better luck.
LJP 2002-2014

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Turner Coates wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Which is nothing but a giant circle jerk that will do absolutely nothing but litter the streets of DC with trash and fuck up traffic for a day.
I disagree. It's about future voters and their biggest issue. Millions are gonna remember when they cast their ballots.
Right on with that. These kids have been dealt a shitty hand and are speaking out for the first time. Yeah change may be slow but it’s got to start somewhere. I bet you Rosa Parks would be proud of these kids. And my man in my avatar would be having the big one if he were alive today. We done elected the biggest and most dangerous dummy in the world President. O’lord have mercy can I get a amen!
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Turner Coates wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Since when has voting mattered? The majority of the country didn't vote for Trump, either.

I want to be optimistic, but I'm not. The Democrats have been just as beholden to the NRA's money as the Republicans have. They've also been complicit in not fighting for stricter gun control when they had the chance. I just don't think they give a fuck about a bunch of high school kids and what they have to say. And I'm not sure I trust voting, either. Preeeetty damned easy to rig an election, these days. Like I say, I want to be optimistic, and I want to champion those who are speaking out, but at the end of the day, I still don't think it'll mean dick.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Mojo wrote: Since when has voting mattered?
In my opinion, it was one person = one vote, up until Dubya vs Gore.
It's not fair but it still matters.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Turner Coates wrote:
And I totally get where you're coming from. Like I say, there's a large part of me that wants to be on board, but the last couple of years have made me so pessimistic when it comes to our government. I trust them to do the exact opposite of whatever's best for our country.

I still vote and always will, but it's about as useful as wearing a raincoat in the pool.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Keep this shit up and I’m calling out for Lenny. :mrgreen:

I can dig where Mojo’s coming from and would suggest a real good mood numbing RX. When thinking about Trump it makes things so much more tolerable. Think of it as today’s version of Mother’s Little Helper.

https://youtu.be/LN0iyC1aYck
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Mojo wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:
And I totally get where you're coming from. Like I say, there's a large part of me that wants to be on board, but the last couple of years have made me so pessimistic when it comes to our government. I trust them to do the exact opposite of whatever's best for our country.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=347960#
I still vote and always will, but it's about as useful as wearing a raincoat in the pool.
You don't have to be onboard anything but your own wagon. There are lemmings, then there are individualists. Use your brain. Use your heart. You can't change the world by yourself, but you can still support the things you believe in. If nobody complained, we'd all be in chains.
Last edited by Turner Coates on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

I just came back from the Los Angeles March for Our Lives march. A good turnout over there. My mom went to the one in NYC and told me there were what seemed like 100,000 people. I tell ya, I'm used to the Trump nightmare by now, but seeing all the signs with artwork of him brought me back to the Women's March of January 2017, when the election was still fresh. I had this brief flashback moment of, "How the fuck did we get here, where this reality star puppet motherfucker is president?"

I saw tons of kids with their parents, with friends, on their own... it was very inspiring. The kids are alright, man.
Last edited by TenBenny on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

I don't know whether there will be anything done about guns, but this stuff along with Trump is really gonna give the Republicans a hard time at the ballot box in the coming years. We've been seeing it already in some of the elections and guns on top of Trump is really something a lot of Republican candidates could have done without. Makes me wonder if a few might come out in favor of gun control if it is polling high in their constituents lists of issues.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

MickeyG wrote:I don't know whether there will be anything done about guns, but this stuff along with Trump is really gonna give the Republicans a hard time at the ballot box in the coming years. We've been seeing it already in some of the elections and guns on top of Trump is really something a lot of Republican candidates could have done without. Makes me wonder if a few might come out in favor of gun control if it is polling high in their constituents lists of issues.
The GOP has boxed themselves into a corner. If a GOP politician comes out in support of stronger regulation they are afraid they'll get primaried by the rabid rightwingers that will come out and vote them out in favor f someone even more extreme. Everything they do is aimed at placating the minority that can end their career. It doesn't matter if the majority of their constituents want more gun regulation.

Another reason to vote, especially in primaries. The wingers always turn out.
LJP 2002-2014

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

MickeyG wrote:I don't know whether there will be anything done about guns, but this stuff along with Trump is really gonna give the Republicans a hard time at the ballot box in the coming years. We've been seeing it already in some of the elections and guns on top of Trump is really something a lot of Republican candidates could have done without. Makes me wonder if a few might come out in favor of gun control if it is polling high in their constituents lists of issues.
The Republican party had a choice. It could have taken a hard stance against Trump and steered itself towards some degree of moderation, but it went all in on him and now he's either the end of the party or the beginning of the end. The party representatives have done so much finagling to pander to Trump and appease their voters that they've sullied their integrity beyond repair. Either the party dies out or it gets reconstructed from the ground up with an entirely new set of representatives.

The kids starting this anti-gun violence movement really has made the do-nothing, NRA-pocketed Republicans look like chumps. Every time one of the Parkland students says on a news show, "The adults didn't do anything about this, so we will," you almost can't help but wince at how many stinging jabs the reps are rightfully taking.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Amazing turn out. So proud of these kids.

And quit saying this isn’t going to help. The fact that Florida’s zombie governor signed a gun control law into effect means something is happening. It’s a band aid for a bleeding artery, but it is something.

And that girl who puked during her speech . . . hell yes! :D
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

TenBenny wrote:The kids starting this anti-gun violence movement.

You don’t actually believe the kids organized this do you?

:lol:
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Trump signs new transgender military ban
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000162 ... d2ebe00001

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Gazpacho wrote:

Well, I'm sure they might have had some help getting the logistics off the ground, but why is it so hard to believe they and people like them initiated this? Kasky and Hogg were the first people I saw on TV talking about this, and they're real high school students, not some characters created by Madison Avenue.

So I ask, what the heck are you blabbering about?
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

In other news, get ready for "The Purge: John Bolton."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... als-report
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Trump's not gonna like this:

March For Our Lives crowd estimates trump Trump's inauguration
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/0 ... /23394522/

Facts don't lie. That's as true now as it was at Donald Trump's January 2017 inauguration.

The estimated turnout at the March For Our Lives demonstration in Washington, D.C. falls at around 800,000. That data point comes from official connected to the demonstration's organizers, speaking to NBC. It's also a significantly higher number than earlier forecasts had predicted.

Not to take the focus of the day away from what's important — gun control, and sending a message to politicians who accept NRA dollars — but it's worth noting: The estimated D.C. turnout for March For Our Lives is a great deal larger than popular estimates of the crowd size at Trump's inauguration.

Days after the inauguration, an expert in crowd science compared photos of Trump's with Barack Obama's and deduced that the former attracted roughly one-third the crowd of the latter. It's hard to be exact when dealing with such massive numbers of people, but with Obama's estimated inauguration attendance 1.8 million, Trump's total falls somewhere in the realm of 600,000.

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Also factor in that if there weren't national marches, you probably would have had a ton of people traveling to the Washington one, further eclipsing Trump's inauguration numbers.

Speaking of the inauguration, I haven't seen a sign with this phrase yet, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Trump vow during that inauguration that "this American carnage stops now"?
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Trump signs new transgender military ban
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000162 ... d2ebe00001

A past tweet for every fucking occasion.. :lol:
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Gazpacho wrote:

They did initiate this, it was their idea and gave people who do know how to do the details what they wanted. Notice that there were no adults speaking on stage? That was the kids saying no to the adults.

Did adults fund it, yeah, because it is fracking expensive. Did professionials handle the logistics? Yeah. Just like any other huge event. But it was their show.
LJP 2002-2014

Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

vlad wrote:
Gazpacho wrote:

They did initiate this, it was their idea and gave people who do know how to do the details what they wanted. Notice that there were no adults speaking on stage? That was the kids saying no to the adults.

Did adults fund it, yeah, because it is fracking expensive. Did professionials handle the logistics? Yeah. Just like any other huge event. But it was their show.
Keep believing that.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Gazpacho wrote:
vlad wrote:
Gazpacho wrote:

Keep believing that.
Oh we will, thanks.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Gazpacho wrote:
vlad wrote:
Gazpacho wrote:

Keep believing that.
Are all the high school kids you know idiots? That sounds like a personal problem.
LJP 2002-2014

SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Kiss Crue wrote:
SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:We now have one of the biggest warmongers in our nation's history as NSA, and also one of the biggest Russia hawks. So all the fearmongering and bellicose rhetoric from liberals and nevertrumpers about this administration being "soft" on Russia got their wish. Be careful what you wish for.
It has never made one iota of rational sense for Americans to want their government to be involved in a grudge hate match with Russia.

Half the country, and pretty much all of the media, has made it politically impossible to do anything other than antagonize Russia and drive them into the hands of America's greatest enemies.

Unfortunately this is another example of Trump being a politician instead of the independent deal maker putting America first he purported himself to be.
Russia hawks have permeated the elite for years. The neocons are reflexively anti-Russian, but huge swathes of center-left orthodoxy are also. All of these are for different reasons: some political, some historical, some religious. There is no question that Putin is an authoritarian and an oligarch. But he isn't a fool or madman, as has been portrayed in Western media. He came to power as a result of Western antagonism and expansion in the former Soviet Bloc.

It is in our interests to normalize relations with his government and stop the antagonism. Because if we don't, he is going to take whatever measures necessary to have a buffer against NATO/EU expansion. We would never have to worry about this if we hadn't expanded in the first place. Wars are started that way...
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

And just to give some perspective, there are a at least a dozen countries in NATO that were former members of The Warsaw Pact. Forget Putin; imagine if you are a Russian citizen and you know NATO troops, aircraft, and probably nuclear weapons are stockpiled in Poland, The Baltics, Czech, etc? How the fuck are you going to expect them to react?
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Mojo wrote:
Which is nothing but a giant circle jerk that will do absolutely nothing but litter the streets of DC with trash and fuck up traffic for a day. This shit may have worked in the 1700's, when the people actually scared the government. Now? Utter waste of time and money.
Also, like last week' walk outs, it's completely sanctioned by schools and local governments. It's pandering. It's like when you tell your kid their shitty drawing is really good. Makes the kid feel good, but you're still bullshitting them.

I want to get behind the idea of protesting, but the more old and "get off my lawn" I get, the less I see anything but futility.

Future voters making it known who they won't vote for.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

The sequel to Deep Throat is on TV tonight and not only that but network TV.

Speaking of Stormy she comes from a weird family.

Her mother is a Trump supporter and said she’d vote for Trump 4 more times if she could.

So that means the daughter fucked Trump and the mother is fucking dumb.