Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: President Trump

Post by Rageman »

Turner Coates wrote:
Chip Z'Hoy wrote:Breaking: Liberals like John McCain again.
His timing for turning the tables on Trump was pretty cool.
From a poster on Reddit
I'm not sure if it's really being appreciated just how comprehensively the Republicans were just fucked over.
See, the Republicans have been trying to pass these godawful healthcare bills through a process called budget reconciliation, which, among other things, protects the bill from being filibustered in the Senate and only requires a simple majority of 50 votes (rather than 60, which the Republicans don't have).
The thing is, the Senate can only consider one budget reconciliation bill per topic per year. Of course, if the bill dies in committee and never comes to an official vote, it doesn't count- which is why they've been able to keep hammering away at the issue.
This bill, though, was allowed to come to the Senate floor, because the Republicans thought they'd secured the votes. Collins, Murkowski and the Democrats would vote no, everyone else would vote yes, and Pence would break the tie. And then McCain completely fucked them. And it was almost certainly a calculated move; he voted to allow the bill to come to the floor. Had McCain allowed it to die in committee, McConnell could have come back with yet another repeal bill; but he let it come to a vote, and now they can't consider another budget reconciliation bill for the rest of the fiscal year. The Senate needs 60 votes to pass any kind of healthcare reform now.
So now they're caught between a rock and a hard place. Either they concede defeat on the issue and try again later (causing a big, unpopular stink that could damage elections if they try it before the midterms, or risking losing the slim majority they already have if they wait) or they actually sit down with the democrats like adults and write a halfway decent healthcare bill.
This is amazing.
McCain just said "I got your hero right here, Motherfucker!" If I were McCain, I would create reasons to be at the White House just to see Drumpf fume.

Plus the Mooch's wife files for divorce because of his drive to be in the white house and she detests Drumpf.
http://pagesix.com/2017/07/28/anthony-s ... r-divorce/
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Uh, let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet . . .

McCain did not save healthcare. The Dems and the chick from Alaska did. Let's be clear on that.

The media has once again decided to elevate an idiot to hero status merely because he voted for the best interests of the people he represents. Wow, how fucking heroic to actually do what you were elected to do in the first damn place.

And the Repugs will keep trying to repeal Obamacare tomorrow, next week, next year, etc.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Rageman wrote: Plus the Mooch's wife files for divorce because of his drive to be in the white house and she detests Drumpf.
LMFAO, the first piece of bad news for the Mooch after entering the Trump shit house. Expect a lot more. He is in way over his head and Trump will eventually humiliate him and show him the door.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Rageman wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:
Chip Z'Hoy wrote:Breaking: Liberals like John McCain again.
His timing for turning the tables on Trump was pretty cool.
From a poster on Reddit
I'm not sure if it's really being appreciated just how comprehensively the Republicans were just fucked over.
See, the Republicans have been trying to pass these godawful healthcare bills through a process called budget reconciliation, which, among other things, protects the bill from being filibustered in the Senate and only requires a simple majority of 50 votes (rather than 60, which the Republicans don't have).
The thing is, the Senate can only consider one budget reconciliation bill per topic per year. Of course, if the bill dies in committee and never comes to an official vote, it doesn't count- which is why they've been able to keep hammering away at the issue.
This bill, though, was allowed to come to the Senate floor, because the Republicans thought they'd secured the votes. Collins, Murkowski and the Democrats would vote no, everyone else would vote yes, and Pence would break the tie. And then McCain completely fucked them. And it was almost certainly a calculated move; he voted to allow the bill to come to the floor. Had McCain allowed it to die in committee, McConnell could have come back with yet another repeal bill; but he let it come to a vote, and now they can't consider another budget reconciliation bill for the rest of the fiscal year. The Senate needs 60 votes to pass any kind of healthcare reform now.
So now they're caught between a rock and a hard place. Either they concede defeat on the issue and try again later (causing a big, unpopular stink that could damage elections if they try it before the midterms, or risking losing the slim majority they already have if they wait) or they actually sit down with the democrats like adults and write a halfway decent healthcare bill.
This is amazing.
McCain just said "I got your hero right here, Motherfucker!" If I were McCain, I would create reasons to be at the White House just to see Drumpf fume.

Plus the Mooch's wife files for divorce because of his drive to be in the white house and she detests Drumpf.
Ah, so this must be why we keep hearing them say (Repubs), that they need to get with Dems to sort something out. It's because they have no choice because of the 60 votes thing. Interesting. So when Cruz says its not over yet, it really is without Dem support.

About McCain, I guess it depends what he knew about the bill before the floor vote. I suppose you don't really need to know much seeing as it was called "skinny bill". So maybe he didn't know much before the floor vote, so let it pass to debate stage then found out he didn't like it. What seems odd to me was that, McConnell had supposed to have got assurances from Ryan that the house wouldn't pass it if the Senate did. Neither house nor senate was supposed to want this to pass. Enough Senators didn't believe Ryan so voted against it. Then, Ryan starts whining that the senate didn't pass it. Huh?
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

MickeyG wrote:
Ah, so this must be why we keep hearing them say (Repubs), that they need to get with Dems to sort something out. It's because they have no choice because of the 60 votes thing. Interesting. So when Cruz says its not over yet, it really is without Dem support.
They only needed 51 votes. So they needed 50 senators and Pence voting to break the tie. They are using budget reconciliation process to try to pass the health care legislation. If a bill meets certain requirements, it can be passed via reconciliation. The ACA was enacted this way.

Reconciliation (United States Congress)
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
MickeyG wrote:
They only needed 51 votes. So they needed 50 senators and Pence voting to break the tie. They are using budget reconciliation process to try to pass the health care legislation. If a bill meets certain requirements, it can be passed via reconciliation. The ACA was enacted this way.

Reconciliation (United States Congress)
It's my understanding that only one bill a year can get through reconciliation. A generous view of McCain's yes vote for the procedural move was that if the bill(s) didn't get to a floor vote they could continue with this shitshow. So McCain, in this view, voted to get the bills onto the floor for a vote and then voted against them so there could be no more reconciliation type legislation for the year. That's why McConnell was throwing anything out there to get it voted through reconciliation. It didn't work.

Again, I want to remind everyone that the other cancer stricken Senator, Mazie Hirono of HI, came, in between surgeries and other treatments for stage 4 cancer to vote. Sure she is a Dem, but if she hadn't made it to vote, the bill would have passed.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Best season of The Apprentice ever?
Only users lose drugs.
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by TenBenny »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:McCain did not save healthcare. The Dems and the chick from Alaska did. Let's be clear on that.
Well, Murkowski, Susan Collins of Maine and as mentioned, Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, but yes, you're right. McCain was given far too much credit.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

TenBenny wrote:
TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:McCain did not save healthcare. The Dems and the chick from Alaska did. Let's be clear on that.
Well, Murkowski, Susan Collins of Maine and as mentioned, Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, but yes, you're right. McCain was given far too much credit.
I think that what I enjoyed most, though, that from McCain it was a big ole FUCK YOU. Theatrically so. I'll admit that. :lol:
LJP 2002-2014

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

vlad wrote:
TenBenny wrote:
I think that what I enjoyed most, though, that from McCain it was a big ole FUCK YOU. Theatrically so. I'll admit that. :lol:
No doubt.

Oh, but wait, there's more! Tah-dah!!!

This isn't over apparently (at least in Trump's mind). Now Trump is threatening to withhold Obamacare payments to insurers unless repeal and replace is enacted. Fuckin' asshole just won't let up with this.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... snt-passed
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Trump told a crowd at a rally in Youngstown, Ohio, that “with the exception of the late, great Abraham Lincoln, I can be more presidential than any president that’s ever held this office.”

:lol:
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Ann Coulter and Ana Kasparian from The Young Turks discuss/debate current events at Politicon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHgWycM--zI
Ann Coulter has a few solid points but she gets ran over by AK for the most part. The Trump administration has people glued into info sites and TYT is getting bigger . . . expect to see Kasparian on a network news staff in the next year.
Only users lose drugs.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Coulter is just trolling at this stage of the game. Today on one of the Sunday shows she said if Trump builds the wall and does not start a war, he'll be the greatest President of her lifetime.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Today on one of the Sunday shows she said if Trump builds the wall and does not start a war, he'll be the greatest President of her lifetime.
Ann Coulter is the most delusional bitch of her own lifetime.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Oh, I wasn't saying that I think that she has some solid points on a everyday basis, I meant that she had un-characteristically made a few statements that weren't pure lunacy. There is no difference between her and Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly. Play a right wing nut job that rallies stupid rednecks so they can sell their latest book of lies.
Only users lose drugs.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

I didn't listen to it, but I read some of the comments underneath. As usual, they tell a tale we all know already. How divided the country is. No overwhelming victor. You're either on one side or the other, no in between. The country will be stuck in stalemate for a long time unless one side can get a major majority, a common middle ground impossible.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Here's a thought:

I didn't give a fuck about "Pickle" when he was a child shill. I didn't give a fuck when "Pickle" was theorized to be a hoax. And now I don't give a fuck that "Pickle" has been proven to be an ACTUAL child shill. Why would anybody? Is the approval of a fucking nine year old kid really and truly significant in any way? God damn.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

exitflagger wrote:Here's a thought:

I didn't give a fuck about "Pickle" when he was a child shill. I didn't give a fuck when "Pickle" was theorized to be a hoax. And now I don't give a fuck that "Pickle" has been proven to be an ACTUAL child shill. Why would anybody? Is the approval of a fucking nine year old kid really and truly significant in any way? God damn.
It is when a leader is desperate for good press and desperate to further keep his base believing that he's a good person.
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

For anyone that wonders what's the big deal about Russia at the very least attempting to influence our election, you should watch William Browder's testimony at this link:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?431852-1/ ... p-priority

It's almost 2 hours long, but you can get the gist of it in the first 20 minutes (I listened to the whole thing and it was quite good.). It does a great job of describing how Russia operates and the power that Putin has. For those Trumpsters here, the testimony does not attack him and Browder even states that Russia doesn't take sides. They will try to get leverage on republicans and democrats. So there's no reason for anyone watching this to get defensive of their beloved leader.
U-94
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by U-94 »

Who cares. Russia is awesome. My favorite bands play stadiums out there and I once did a film with a whole Russian film crew. They were great. I have nothing against them. Though America needs it's 'enemy' constantly and having a white guy (Putin) is always preferred since the non white baddies (Kim Jong whatever, middle east dudes) are never taken seriously.
Someday you can cry for everyone
Who burned when you were clever
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

U-94 wrote:Who cares. Russia is awesome. My favorite bands play stadiums out there and I once did a film with a whole Russian film crew. They were great. I have nothing against them. Though America needs it's 'enemy' constantly and having a white guy (Putin) is always preferred since the non white baddies (Kim Jong whatever, middle east dudes) are never taken seriously.
If you think our problem is with the general population of Russia, you're either not paying attention or you're the dumbest poster in the history of this board.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

That-guy wrote:
U-94 wrote:Who cares. Russia is awesome. My favorite bands play stadiums out there and I once did a film with a whole Russian film crew. They were great. I have nothing against them. Though America needs it's 'enemy' constantly and having a white guy (Putin) is always preferred since the non white baddies (Kim Jong whatever, middle east dudes) are never taken seriously.
If you think our problem is with the general population of Russia, you're either not paying attention or you're the dumbest poster in the history of this board.
I thought LAglamrocker wrote that for a moment.
ImageImage
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

That-guy wrote:
Exactly. U-94, watch the testimony I posted or read up on Sergei Magnitsky.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

TenBenny wrote:Trump apparently just advocated police brutality to an audience full of police officers, eliciting applause. Disgusting sentiments for him to be echoing considering what's happened in recent years. But then again, his campaign already indicated that he has no idea what really goes on in these so-called urban hells he spoke of from the perch of his golden tower lifestyle.
I totally read that as "golden shower" lifestyle.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
TenBenny wrote:Trump apparently just advocated police brutality to an audience full of police officers, eliciting applause. Disgusting sentiments for him to be echoing considering what's happened in recent years. But then again, his campaign already indicated that he has no idea what really goes on in these so-called urban hells he spoke of from the perch of his golden tower lifestyle.
I totally read that as "golden shower" lifestyle.
:D

Well, that would be applicable as well.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Scaramucci is out. :lol:
LJP 2002-2014