Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: President Trump

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

radiobed wrote:I was giving an example of how the military can benefit some, not all.
Like defense contractors.
radiobed wrote:My broader point is infrastructure spending creates jobs and improves our country.
No one said otherwise.
radiobed wrote:Military spending creates jobs
It creates an insignificant amount of jobs for the money spent.
radiobed wrote:and protects our country.
Are we building a wall of money around the country?
radiobed wrote:Spending on able bodied folks that do nothing isn't helping anyone long term. We need to be creative and find multiple ways to help those that can fill jobs we need filled.
By sending them to be killed in pointless wars?
radiobed wrote:I'm not sure what you're arguing against. Should lazy people be allowed to just cheat the system forever which could compromise help to those that truly need it??
We were discussing the wisdom of using the military as a vocational program. Try to keep up.
ImageImage
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Anyone hearing this stuff about Flynn possibly flipping on Trump, or someone else high up? Please let it be true. Surely it's bad form to be under investigation by the FBI while being President of the USA. Surely if Trump was involved in the collusion with Russia, that's grounds enough to lock him up.
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by TenBenny »

MickeyG wrote:Anyone hearing this stuff about Flynn possibly flipping on Trump, or someone else high up? Please let it be true. Surely it's bad form to be under investigation by the FBI while being President of the USA. Surely if Trump was involved in the collusion with Russia, that's grounds enough to lock him up.
It seems like it's really just a matter of time before he's done. Does anyone at this point really believe Trump is going to be in office come next January?
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

MickeyG wrote:Anyone hearing this stuff about Flynn possibly flipping on Trump, or someone else high up? Please let it be true. Surely it's bad form to be under investigation by the FBI while being President of the USA. Surely if Trump was involved in the collusion with Russia, that's grounds enough to lock him up.
This blog makes an interesting argument, not the usual conspiracy horse shit. Basically, Flynn is not testifying before the House intel committee while Paul Manafort, Carter Page, and Roger Stone are. Plus, he registered as a "foreign agent" two weeks ago to kiss the FBI's ass.
Michael Flynn has already cut a deal with the FBI against Donald Trump
https://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/i- ... rump/2052/
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

radiobed wrote:
My broader point is infrastructure spending creates jobs and improves our country. Military spending creates jobs and protects our country.
The military isn't a community college. The military trains people for war. Period.

You don't spend an additional 54 billion dollars to house, feed, and train thousands of young men in the vague hope that a few of them will somehow parlay that experience into engineering. Of the very few who would even want to do that, they'd still have to get out of the military and get one of these temporary construction jobs, which can often take another two to four years of school, if they legitimately want engineers. Being a Marine doesn't automatically carry over to suddenly being able to build shit. So added to that 54 billion dollars in defense money, more money would have to be spent to train all of these former servicemen and women, and then another untold billions of dollars would need to be spent on the actual construction. We're talking billions and billions of dollars. You're proposing an extremely round about, costly, and inefficient way of getting employees. The lengths Trumptards will go to defend these bullshit policies is truly astounding.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Danzig in the Dark

Mojo wrote:
radiobed wrote:
My broader point is infrastructure spending creates jobs and improves our country. Military spending creates jobs and protects our country.
The military isn't a community college. The military trains people for war. Period.

You don't spend an additional 54 billion dollars to house, feed, and train thousands of young men in the vague hope that a few of them will somehow parlay that experience into engineering. Of the very few who would even want to do that, they'd still have to get out of the military and get one of these temporary construction jobs, which can often take another two to four years of school, if they legitimately want engineers. Being a Marine doesn't automatically carry over to suddenly being able to build shit. So added to that 54 billion dollars in defense money, more money would have to be spent to train all of these former servicemen and women, and then another untold billions of dollars would need to be spent on the actual construction. We're talking billions and billions of dollars. You're proposing an extremely round about, costly, and inefficient way of getting employees. The lengths Trumptards will go to defend these bullshit policies is truly astounding.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink
It's the Trumptard way.
ImageImage
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Image
Notice none of the Dems have came out and declared "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Trump to be a one-term president."

They don't have to, he's doing it himself... :lol:
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Luminiferous wrote:
Notice none of the Dems have came out and declared "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Trump to be a one-term president."

If Trump makes it 4 years, he won't bother to run for re-election. He probably wishes he could resign.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:

If Trump makes it 4 years, he won't bother to run for re-election. He probably wishes he could resign.
He can resign anytime he wants. Unfortunately, his ego won't allow it. Damn shame, resigning is pretty much the only thing he could do that would actually make America great again.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

This feels like 2-3 years under a normal president . . . it's been barely two months. Even a conservative website attacks Drumpf, going after his manliness. The title?

President Trump, Coward: He Wants Paul Ryan To Step Down But Gets A Sycophant To Say It

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2017/ ... nt-say-it/
The comments show how anti-Drumpf conservatives are processing this whole Art Of The Ordeal.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Judge Smails
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Judge Smails »

follow @th3j35t3r ‏ on Twitter - Jester Actual - this person seems have some serious inside access and tends to know and post detailed info days before it goes public.

I've read that the FBI has the info they need on Trump it's just a matter of them making a foolproof case and then presenting it. The thing to remember is that it's one thing if any of this stuff occurred during the campaign, but if anything occurred since he's been president, then that is treason, which is punishable by death.
"You'll get nothing and like it"
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

That-guy wrote:
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:

He can resign anytime he wants. Unfortunately, his ego won't allow it. Damn shame, resigning is pretty much the only thing he could do that would actually make America great again.
Legally he can resign but if he resigned his brand would collapse which is probably a worse punishment than anything the govt can do to a President. He has to stick it out.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Judge Smails wrote:follow @th3j35t3r ‏ on Twitter - Jester Actual - this person seems have some serious inside access and tends to know and post detailed info days before it goes public.

I've read that the FBI has the info they need on Trump it's just a matter of them making a foolproof case and then presenting it. The thing to remember is that it's one thing if any of this stuff occurred during the campaign, but if anything occurred since he's been president, then that is treason, which is punishable by death.
Even if they convict him of treason, they'll never give him the death penalty. Life in prison at most.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

http://www.businessinsider.com/updated- ... fbi-2017-3

Very long article but one hell of a detailed timeline.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

That-guy wrote:
Judge Smails wrote:follow @th3j35t3r ‏ on Twitter - Jester Actual - this person seems have some serious inside access and tends to know and post detailed info days before it goes public.

Even if they convict him of treason, they'll never give him the death penalty. Life in prison at most.
At Gitmo, after a satisfying round of waterboarding. And damnatio memoriae. That last one might hurt him the most.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

vlad wrote:That last one might hurt him the most.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

Mojo wrote:The military isn't a community college. The military trains people for war. Period.

You don't spend an additional 54 billion dollars to house, feed, and train thousands of young men in the vague hope that a few of them will somehow parlay that experience into engineering. Of the very few who would even want to do that, they'd still have to get out of the military and get one of these temporary construction jobs, which can often take another two to four years of school, if they legitimately want engineers. Being a Marine doesn't automatically carry over to suddenly being able to build shit. So added to that 54 billion dollars in defense money, more money would have to be spent to train all of these former servicemen and women, and then another untold billions of dollars would need to be spent on the actual construction. We're talking billions and billions of dollars. You're proposing an extremely round about, costly, and inefficient way of getting employees.
My initial point on the agenda was just to list things the market likes, military spending was one of a few things listed.

I led with competitive corporate tax rates and reducing unnecessary and ineffective regulations.

Then I added markets prefer productive spending ala infrastructure (and yes even military spending) vs feeding money to able bodied people just getting by being lazy.

The only reason I gave further detail on how the military can help is because that is a real forgotten benefit for quite a few people. We currently struggle getting many able bodied people to work and the military helps quite a few get on track.

I'm also a huge believer in direct skill job training in lieu of overpriced college. We have tons of kids wasting a fortune going to school only to end up working at a mall yet we have lots of good jobs with no people here to fill those skills.

So as far whether a 10% increase in the military budget is too much or not enough to counter terror, spend on missile defense, cyber security, national security, modernizing/building planes/drones/ships, assistance for vets, etc. is another topic altogether. Just like how much Infrastructure spending do we need is another topic. If someone wants to start a topic on either and discuss with those in the military, transportation and construction industries, by all means, go for it!!

Last edited by radiobed on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

Dude, just so you don't get disappointed. This guy has been bashing Trump since day 1. He's been talking Russia and Trump's fall longer and more often than propoganda Joe.

Obama's director of national intelligence (not a fan of Trump) recently said this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TbZlxLjWQP0

But hey, the leaks of Flynn and improper unmasking actually do seem to be very real. Hopefully you'll enjoy following that despicable storyline with as much fervor..especially since it might not be a fairy tale!
Danzig in the Dark

radiosped wrote:
Mojo wrote:The military isn't a community college. The military trains people for war. Period.

You don't spend an additional 54 billion dollars to house, feed, and train thousands of young men in the vague hope that a few of them will somehow parlay that experience into engineering. Of the very few who would even want to do that, they'd still have to get out of the military and get one of these temporary construction jobs, which can often take another two to four years of school, if they legitimately want engineers. Being a Marine doesn't automatically carry over to suddenly being able to build shit. So added to that 54 billion dollars in defense money, more money would have to be spent to train all of these former servicemen and women, and then another untold billions of dollars would need to be spent on the actual construction. We're talking billions and billions of dollars. You're proposing an extremely round about, costly, and inefficient way of getting employees.
My initial point on the agenda was just to list things the market likes, military spending was one of a few things listed.

I led with competitive corporate tax rates and reducing unnecessary and ineffective regulations.

Then I added markets prefer productive spending ala infrastructure (and yes even military spending) vs feeding money to able bodied people just getting by being lazy.

The only reason I gave further detail on how the military can help is because that is a real forgotten benefit for quite a few people. We currently struggle getting many able bodied people to work and the military helps quite a few get on track.

I'm also a huge believer in direct skill job training in lieu of overpriced college. We have tons of kids wasting a fortune going to school only to end up working at a mall yet we have lots of good jobs with no people here to fill those skills.

So as far whether a 10% increase in the military budget is too much or not enough to counter terror, spend on missile defense, cyber security, national security, modernizing/building planes/drones/ships etc. is another topic altogether. Just like how much Infrastructure spending do we need is another topic. If someone wants to start a topic on either and discuss with those in the military, transportation and construction industries, by all means, go for it!!

You bring these up and when someone inevitably clowns your ignorant ass to the point at which even you can no longer ignore reality, you pull this shit. :lol: Shine on, you crazy diamond.
ImageImage
Danzig in the Dark

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... collection
Nunes has been under scrutiny over the past week for other reasons. He is reported to have gone missing on Tuesday night, under mysterious circumstances. The Daily Beast reported that Nunes received a message on his phone while travelling in a Uber car with a senior committee staffer in Washington, and then left the car abruptly without telling the staffer where he was going.

The next day he called a press conference, without telling his senior staff what he was going to say, and announced that he had seen “dozens” of intelligence reports that showed US intelligence agencies had “incidentally collected” material on members of the Trump transition team.

Such incidental collection happens when court-approved surveillance of an intelligence target picks up communications involving US persons who are not the formal target of the surveillance.

Nunes did not share the intelligence material he claimed to have seen with Democratic members of his committee, and instead outraged them further by briefing Trump. He said later: “I had a duty and obligation to tell him because, as you know, he’s taking a lot of heat in the news media.”

The president later said he felt “somewhat” vindicated in his repeated claims to have been the target of an Obama administration wiretap, even though those claims have been repudiated by Comey, intelligence chiefs and senior Republicans who said there was no evidence for them.
Nunes’ Tuesday night foray to see possibly critical documents, his failure to share those documents with the committee, his decision to brief the president instead, and his abrupt cancellation of Tuesday’s hearing have all raised questions over whether the intelligence committee under his chairmanship can continue its inquiry into reported Russian intervention in the 2016 election with any credibility.

“The chairman has to make a decision over whether he is a surrogate for the president, as he was during the campaign and transition, or whether he’s leading a bipartisan investigation,” Schiff told the Chronicle, “because he can’t do both.

“This week, unfortunately, he behaved like a surrogate and that is a real problem.”
ImageImage
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
radiosped wrote:

So as far whether a 10% increase in the military budget is too much or not enough to counter terror, spend on missile defense, cyber security, national security, modernizing/building planes/drones/ships etc. is another topic altogether. Just like how much Infrastructure spending do we need is another topic. If someone wants to start a topic on either and discuss with those in the military, transportation and construction industries, by all means, go for it!!

You bring these up and when someone inevitably clowns your ignorant ass to the point at which even you can no longer ignore reality, you pull this shit. :lol: Shine on, you crazy diamond.
No Danzig, you and your loon crew fixate on minor details you feel you can attack while ignoring the broader point.

I wasn't having a discussion on how big the military budget should be. I was making the point that we need to move on from health care and to reforming tax/regulations and get started on productive spending (infrastructure/military) to continue creating jobs.

You guys focused on military and I made the mistake of explaining how it can be productive spending.
Danzig in the Dark

radiobed wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote:
radiosped wrote:

No Danzig, you and your loon crew fixate on minor details you feel you can attack while ignoring the broader point.

I wasn't having a discussion on how big the military budget should be. I was making the point that we need to move on from health care and to reforming tax/regulations and get started on productive spending (infrastructure/military) to continue creating jobs.

You guys focused on military and I made the mistake of explaining how it can be productive spending.
:roll:
ImageImage
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

radiobed wrote:We currently struggle getting many able bodied people to work
OMFG
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

radiobed wrote:I made the mistake of explaining how it can be productive spending, which multiple people spectacularly shot down. Then I doubled down, while simultaneously moving the goal posts to give myself even more rope to hang myself with.
Agreed, there.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

The racists' heads are exploding. They don't know whether to support the Freedumb Caucus or Trump

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
That-guy wrote:
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:If Trump makes it 4 years, he won't bother to run for re-election. He probably wishes he could resign.
Legally he can resign but if he resigned his brand would collapse which is probably a worse punishment than anything the govt can do to a President. He has to stick it out.
Not only his brand, but Drumpf is an egotistical maniac and will never allow himself to appear defeated or quit...

Whatever happens he will blame someone else, never himself for getting into something he had no business getting into as he's coming to realize that you cannot bully politicians the way you've bullied people in your business dealings..
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Luminiferous wrote:Whatever happens he will blame someone else, never himself for getting into something he had no business getting into as he's coming to realize that you cannot bully politicians the way you've bullied people in your business dealings..
Exactly. He's also a sitting duck for people like the Koch Bros who don't mind spending a few hundred million to make Trump's White House a failure. They pushed hard against Trumpcare. Wonder if it will continue with tax reform and whatever else Trump has in mind.
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:
radiobed wrote:We currently struggle getting many able bodied people to work
OMFG
Yes. Especially in North Carolina :wink:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... ck-it-out/

(old story, but it's come back in the news lately)
Judge Smails
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Judge Smails »

I'm sure this is just pure coincidence, Kushner, Ivanka and Roman Abramovich just happened to be in Aspen at the same time and Abramovich just happened to then head to the Carribean at the same time two planes link to Trump's special counsel Michael Cohen headed there as well

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/jared- ... th-ivanka/

Flight logs show that President Donald Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, travelled to Aspen, Colorado on the same day as a Russian oligarch with strong ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

As the president’s push for health care reform went down in flames last week, Kushner and his family were reportedly skiing in Aspen. Trump was said to be unhappy about the timing of the vacation.
Photojournalist Eric Rosenwald examined flight logs from airports in the area and found that Kushner arrived in Aspen on Saturday, March 18 — the same day as Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich, who has been described as “one of Putin’s closest confidants.” Abramovich is known to own a home in Aspen.

According to Politico’s Jake Sherman, Abramovich’s wife, Dasha Zhukova, attended President Trump’s inauguration as a guest of Ivanka Trump.

Rosenwald goes on to point out that two days later Abramovich’s plane flew to the Caribbean just as two planes linked to Michael Cohen, special counsel to the president, arrived at nearby airports.

On Thursday, March 20, Abramovich’s plane flew to the northern Lesser Antilles, a group of islands in the Caribbean Sea. On the same day, two aircraft linked to Michael Cohen did the same – one via Palm Beach, Florida, home of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort. It’s important to note that Caribbean nations are famous for their tax haven status, and it’s possible that these trips are purely coincidental.

Abramovich’s aircraft landed in St. Maarten, while two smaller Beauty Central LLC-owned Gulfstream jets landed in Anguilla (one of which stopped in Palm Beach, first.) St. Maarten, St. Martin, St. Barth and Anguilla are nearly the same destination. The islands lie several miles apart and have close economic and social ties. St. Maarten (formerly Dutch) and St. Martin (formerly French) are actually two sides of the same island. Each island has an airport, but they differ in their size and ability to serve large aircraft.

“It’s unclear whether or not any of these flights are related, but further investigation is certainly warranted,” Rosenwald concludes
"You'll get nothing and like it"