A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: President Trump

Post by Luminiferous »

Turner Coates wrote:Trump Rally - Immigration and solar panels on wall

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Trump also told the crowd that he is contemplating putting solar panels on the wall that he has pledged to build on the U.S.-Mexico border.

“The higher it goes, the more valuable it is,” Trump said. “Pretty good imagination, right? . . . We could make it really look beautiful, too.”

Is there another election coming soon? The fucking idiot is still campaigning and his idiot followers keep following like sheep... :lol:

Someone embroider on Ivanka's panties that the election is over and he won, maybe he'll finally get the message when he sneaks in to sniff them nightly... Hell knows nobody in his cabinet is going to tell him the campaign rally's aren't necessary.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Trump also told the crowd that he is contemplating putting solar panels on the wall that he has pledged to build on the U.S.-Mexico border.

“The higher it goes, the more valuable it is,” Trump said. “Pretty good imagination, right? . . . We could make it really look beautiful, too.”

He should build it out of coal. That would put them miners back to work.

I was just watching him say this, again. So he's admitting that solar pays for itself or something?
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

vlad wrote:

He should build it out of coal. That would put them miners back to work.

I was just watching him say this, again. So he's admitting that solar pays for itself or something?
It sure does pay for itself. Maybe we should look into it for other things than just a stupid wall. I hope Jose doesn't damage the panels when he climbs all over it.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

I would have a little more respect for these assholes if they "unveiled" their new healthcare bill while a sound system played the Dead Kennedys "Kill The Poor" in the background.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

exitflagger wrote:I would have a little more respect for these assholes if they "unveiled" their new healthcare bill while a sound system played the Dead Kennedys "Kill The Poor" in the background.
And let the slashing of Medicare commence.
Surely no old or disabled persons will be effected by this.
dafuq.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

So of course Trump was lying when he said he had recordings of the Comey meetings. Isn't that witness tampering/intimidation?
Fuck sigs.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:So of course Trump was lying when he said he had recordings of the Comey meetings. Isn't that witness tampering/intimidation?
Imagine I am shocked. :P He thinks his thug/bully bullshit works on a national stage. some people still buy it, and others stay with him because he's sticking it the evil Dems/liberals even though they KNOW he's corrupt, stupid and will fuck them over in a heartbeat to get a "win". His comment in Iowa about only wanting the rich to run the country 'I just don't want a poor person" should clue at least a few in. Someone who is talented, civic-minded and educated, but only makes 200K or whatever is "poor" to him.

It just staggers me. But hey! Hillary has cankles and e-mails!
LJP 2002-2014

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

So no tapes...

And it was his threat of tapes that lead to comey releasing memos and now the special counsel. Good job
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:So no tapes...

And it was his threat of tapes that lead to comey releasing memos and now the special counsel. Good job
Just because Trump claims that he doesn't have any recordings of conversations with Comey, that doesn't mean that Comey doesn't have recordings of his phone conversations with Trump. I'm sure if these recordings exist, they're in Mueller's possession now.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

So. also in that Iowa campaign rally speech, he said he would enact a law that prevents immigrants from getting any kind of federal assistance (welfare). A fantastic idea, and it has already been a law since 1996. Except the existing law requires 40 quarters (10 years) as opposed to the BLOTUS' suggestion of 5 years.
LJP 2002-2014

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

At the risk of sounding like Mr. Conspiracy, it would really shock me if every conversation in the Oval Office isn't recorded. Seems like it would be some sort of national security thing to have records of the meetings that take place there. As such, for Trump to admit that there are tapes would open up a major can of worms with people demanding recordings of all the shady shit he does. It would not be in his best interests to admit that there are tapes.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Soup fucking sandwich with his hand on the nuke button. Anyone sleeping easy at night with this clown shoe in the White House is brain dead.
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:

Soup fucking sandwich with his hand on the nuke button. Anyone sleeping easy at night with this clown shoe in the White House is brain dead.
It would not surprise me one bit if the Intelligence Agencies were still using magnetic tapes to back up their data. We still use floppy disks to run our nuke programs!
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

BlackCrypt wrote:We still use floppy disks to run our nuke programs!
We need to go back to steam!
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:

Ignorance and arrogance are not a good mix. With dubya, he was a bit of a simpleton, but I never got the feeling he was an out and out bad person. Trump is just not a good person... he's dishonest, manipulative, arrogant, entitled, etc.. People like to point to his kids as some kind of proof he was a good father. I highly doubt he was that involved or even so much as changed a diaper.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:People like to point to his kids as some kind of proof he was a good father. I highly doubt he was that involved or even so much as changed a diaper.
Also, his older sons are massive pieces of shit.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Here's another doozy. Trump says he doesn't want poor people in cabinet positions overseeing the economy. What an arrogant, assholish comment (among many arrogant, assholish comments, but still...)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... a837bce8c9
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

EddieVanHeineken wrote: Ignorance and arrogance are not a good mix. With dubya, he was a bit of a simpleton, but I never got the feeling he was an out and out bad person. Trump is just not a good person... he's dishonest, manipulative, arrogant, entitled, etc...
Trump's support base reminds me of a caddy who kisses ass and ignores cheating in hopes of getting a good tip from a wealthy golfer.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Was this supposed to happen?

Healthcare stocks jump after Republicans unveil plan

The S&P healthcare index .SPXHC rose 1 percent on Thursday, hitting its fifth consecutive record close following the release of Senate Republicans' bill to replace Obamacare, while financial and consumer staple shares ended lower.

The legislation aims at curbing Medicaid funding and reshaping subsidies to low-income people for private insurance. The index has risen 3.9 percent in five days.

The Nasdaq biotechnology index rose 1.3 percent, for a 9.4 percent jump so far this week. While it was not clear whether the bill would get enough support to become law, drug stocks were among the S&P 500's biggest gainers, with Gilead (GILD.O) rising 4.4 percent on Thursday.

"The initial proposal I think is more generous and more positive to the industry than expected," said Jeff Jonas, portfolio manager with Gabelli Funds.

SOURCE
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

BlackCrypt wrote:Was this supposed to happen?
I guess I don't know why it wouldn't? :?
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

What should we have expected?
ImageImage
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

It happened in March, too.

It's not a good thing.

Removing restrictions on the mega corporations that run healthcare in this country and allowing them to charge double for the same services (more people will have to pay out of pocket, meaning those corps will keep the cash, rather than fighting with insurance companies) while simultaneously insuring far fewer people makes them a good investment, since they're about to make a fuck ton of money.

But Trump won, so you won, right?
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
What should we have expected?
Free hot dogs and balloons for the kiddies.
Oh wait.....that's the used car lot.
They're dishonest ripoffs too.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Read the article you posted:

"The initial proposal I think is more generous and more positive to the industry than expected"

Problem is that the unexpected "generosity" which drove the healthcare stocks up will keep Cruz, Lee and Rand Paul from supporting the bill. Unlikely that this bill will get through the Senate.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:

"The initial proposal I think is more generous and more positive to the industry than expected"

Problem is that the unexpected "generosity" which drove the healthcare stocks up will keep Cruz, Lee and Rand Paul from supporting the bill. Unlikely that this bill will get through the Senate.
Even though they have the White House, the Senate and House majority.. Of course Drumpf will blame "obstructionist Dems" for it's failure..
Judge Smails
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Judge Smails »

I posted this in another thread but it's relevant here as well. A great read on the current situation and a message to GOP/Trump supporters..

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/po ... care-bill/

Hello, suckers.

Yeah, you. All of you. All of you people who've been buying what the radicalized Republican party has been selling you since Reagan rode out of Trickledown Gulch back in 1980. All of you who easily gobbled up the fictions about welfare queens, and "crazy checks," and big black bucks buying T-Bone steaks, and, most recently, of immigrants come to steal your jobs and cut your throats in the night. All of you who worried so profoundly about your neighbors who were black, or Hispanic, or Muslim that you handed the government to the people who have been picking your pocket and selling off your birthright for going on four decades.

And, especially, all of you morons who bought what the inevitable product of 30 years of fear-driven democratic malpractice was selling across the country in 2016: that he had a plan that would lower costs, cover everybody, and not touch Social Security, Medicaid, or Medicare.

Today is not the day for you to ask for my understanding as to how you're going to afford Grandma's chemo now that she's busted the lifetime cap on her insurance. Today is not the day for you to ask for my sympathy for Grandpa who's going to get his ass hoisted out of his rest home and dropped onto the couch in your basement family room because his Medicaid ran out. Today is not the day for you to moan into TV cameras about how Cousin Clyde with the opioid problem has to go back to sticking up tourists for his fix because the little hospital up by the mountain closed.

Not today. Not this particular Thursday. Maybe by Monday.

The Senate unveiled its big secret tax-cut plan on Thursday morning. It also contains some elements dealing with healthcare that will make the lives of millions of sick and elderly Americans immeasurably worse, but, since it's actually a tax-cut bill, and it actually does cut taxes for the wealthiest among us, then I guess you can say the strategy was a success. And they say the Republicans can't govern. Hah.

Of course, it's as bad as we all thought it would be. It virtually zeroes out Medicaid down the line – letting it "die on the vine," just the way Newt Gingrich recommended 20 years ago. It forces low-income people to pay more for policies once called "street-surance" back in the day. (John Grisham should sue these guys.They stole the entire plot from The Rainmaker.) There's a lot of "handing back to the states," which can be translated as "Give Sam Brownback more money to hand out to his donors." The bill is such a transparent sham that one of its provisions, the repeal of the tax on investment income for wealthy individuals and families, was made retroactive to the end of last year. There is no reason on god's earth to make this retroactive unless your main purpose is to shove more of the nation's wealth upwards. Which is what this bill is primarily designed to do.

Let me put it in measurements that are particularly of interest to me. By 2050, it is estimated that there will be 16 million people in the United States with Alzheimer's Disease. Right now, in 2017 dollars, the estimated costs of treating and caring for AD patients is $236 billion dollars. Of that, $154 billion is picked up by Medicare and Medicaid. Tell me now how that gap is made up by a plan that virtually eliminates Medicaid entirely by the time we get to 2025. Churches? Families? Winning the Lotto?

A cure?

Fat chance.

So, yeah, suckers. This is what you voted for. In fact, this is what you've been voting for, over and over again, ever since the Death Valley Days of jellybeans and missiles to the mullahs. This bill is the pot of gold at the end of Paul Ryan's personal rainbow. This bill is everything that every young conservative brought up in the luxurious terrariums of wingnut welfare is taught to revere from the first day of his political gestation, right down to its playing-to-the-cheap-seats whack at Planned Parenthood.

So far, four GOP senators have said they cannot vote for the bill. They are Ron (Shreds of Freedom) Johnson of Wisconsin, Aqua Buddha from Kentucky, Mike Lee, the konztitooshunal skolar from Utah, and Tailgunner Ted Cruz. They can't support it (at the moment) because it isn't repeal-ish enough for them. (Translation: The bill still coddles the poor and infirm beyond the limits God intended when He wrote the Constitution.) Now, as the redoubtable Digby often points out, if they were to torpedo this plague ship, it wouldn't be the first time the wingiest members of the tribe saved the day. But my money stays on the notion that they will find enough crazy ideas in the House during reconciliation to satisfy the likes of these four. As for the vaunted Republican "moderates," I have no faith in them whatsoever. I think Rob Portman of Ohio and Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia will get bought off by an increase in the bill's stingy provisions regarding the opioid epidemic. Some version of this creature will stalk its way into law.

I'm sorry, but I can't let the suckers off the hook on this particular Thursday, not when I know in my bones that, in a year or so, there are going to be more expeditions into The Real America in which we hear sad tales about the closing of rural hospitals, and medical bankruptcies, and children who died because the insurance company denied them a life-saving treatment. There will be all kinds of reasons postulated for this terrible state of affairs. "Culture" probably will be one of them, and it will be the stupidest one of all.

What will not be mentioned is that many of these people brought their tragedies on themselves, that voting has consequences, and that using a presidential election to hock a collective loogie at "The Establishment" and at Those People is a particularly dumbass way to participate in democracy.
"You'll get nothing and like it"
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Luminiferous wrote:
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:

Even though they have the White House, the Senate and House majority.. Of course Drumpf will blame "obstructionist Dems" for it's failure..
It's Obama's fault. He's a sick (bad) guy.
Hooligan
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Hooligan »

So if Obamacare was repealed, why can't Trumpcare get repealed? Doubt he's going to get re-elected unless he has some sort of miraculous turn around. I'm betting the senate and house will go Dem next round too.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Mojo wrote:At the risk of sounding like Mr. Conspiracy, it would really shock me if every conversation in the Oval Office isn't recorded. Seems like it would be some sort of national security thing to have records of the meetings that take place there. As such, for Trump to admit that there are tapes would open up a major can of worms with people demanding recordings of all the shady shit he does. It would not be in his best interests to admit that there are tapes.
If that's so I would love to hear all the whispering between all the black people talking about what a fucking weird bitch Kellyanne Conway must be.

Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Last edited by Turner Coates on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.