A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: President Trump

Post by Turner Coates »

Citing Recusal, Trump Says He Wouldn’t Have Hired Sessions
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/us/p ... v=top-news

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Wednesday that he never would have appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions had he known Mr. Sessions would recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation that has dogged his presidency, calling the decision “very unfair to the president.”

In a remarkable public break with one of his earliest political supporters, Mr. Trump complained that Mr. Sessions’s decision ultimately led to the appointment of a special counsel that should not have happened. “Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Mr. Trump said.

In a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times, the president also accused James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director he fired in May, of trying to leverage a dossier of compromising material to keep his job. Mr. Trump criticized both the acting F.B.I. director who has been filling in since Mr. Comey’s dismissal and the deputy attorney general who recommended it. And he took on Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel now leading the investigation into Russian meddling in last year’s election.

Mr. Trump said Mr. Mueller was running an office rife with conflicts of interest and warned investigators against delving into matters too far afield from Russia. Mr. Trump never said he would order the Justice Department to fire Mr. Mueller, nor would he outline circumstances under which he might do so. But he left open the possibility as he expressed deep grievance over an investigation that has taken a political toll in the six months since he took office.

Asked if Mr. Mueller’s investigation would cross a red line if it expanded to look at his family’s finances beyond any relationship to Russia, Mr. Trump said, “I would say yes.” He would not say what he would do about it. “I think that’s a violation. Look, this is about Russia.”

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Turner Coates wrote:Citing Recusal, Trump Says He Wouldn’t Have Hired Sessions
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/us/p ... v=top-news

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Wednesday that he never would have appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions had he known Mr. Sessions would recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation that has dogged his presidency, calling the decision “very unfair to the president.”

In a remarkable public break with one of his earliest political supporters, Mr. Trump complained that Mr. Sessions’s decision ultimately led to the appointment of a special counsel that should not have happened. “Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Mr. Trump said.

In a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times, the president also accused James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director he fired in May, of trying to leverage a dossier of compromising material to keep his job. Mr. Trump criticized both the acting F.B.I. director who has been filling in since Mr. Comey’s dismissal and the deputy attorney general who recommended it. And he took on Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel now leading the investigation into Russian meddling in last year’s election.

Mr. Trump said Mr. Mueller was running an office rife with conflicts of interest and warned investigators against delving into matters too far afield from Russia. Mr. Trump never said he would order the Justice Department to fire Mr. Mueller, nor would he outline circumstances under which he might do so. But he left open the possibility as he expressed deep grievance over an investigation that has taken a political toll in the six months since he took office.

Asked if Mr. Mueller’s investigation would cross a red line if it expanded to look at his family’s finances beyond any relationship to Russia, Mr. Trump said, “I would say yes.” He would not say what he would do about it. “I think that’s a violation. Look, this is about Russia.”
So Donald already wants to plant the seeds in people's minds that Robert Mueller is some cocky gunslinger overstepping his bounds. I guess it's important that he get his supporters to see the man investigating him as the bad guy and himself as the victim. Always the victim, eh, Donald?

How is Sessions recusing himself "unfair to the president"? Sessions was stuck within a conflict of interest and there was a legal obligation. He was not there to shield people from seeing the president's wrongdoing. Donald seems to think otherwise.

Donald thinks this investigation should not have happened, while many other people are saying it's about fucking time.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Weird, he gave an interview to the "failing" NY Times? Isn't that "fake" news?
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

Here's another part of his NYT interview. Do you think he has been told yet that the Napoleon that invaded Russia is not the same Napoleon known for designing Paris? Good grief.

Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

This is the education of a guy whose dad was rich. :lol:

Believes he's a genius. Is actually fuck dumb.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

TenBenny wrote:Trump loves playing in trucks. Again with this. Today it was a fire truck at the White House. The man is 71, not 7!

http://theweek.com/speedreads/712580/pr ... ruck-today
Coming soon: another truck attack by neonazi racist like in Stockholm. And the attacker will again be labeled "islamist" until the truth comes out

https://www.thelocal.se/20170706/stockh ... estigation
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Love_Industry wrote:Coming soon: another truck attack by neonazi racist like in Stockholm. And the attacker will again be labeled "islamist" until the truth comes out

Where are all the moderate neo-Nazis distancing themselves from these actions? Team Trump wants Muslims to own every random attack but refuses to do the same.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:
Love_Industry wrote:Coming soon: another truck attack by neonazi racist like in Stockholm. And the attacker will again be labeled "islamist" until the truth comes out

Where are all the moderate neo-Nazis distancing themselves from these actions? Team Trump wants Muslims to own every random attack but refuses to do the same.
"It was a false flag attack! The Soviet born Muslim terrorist is making Hitler salutes and racially insults prison staff just to make the neonazis look bad"!!!
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:This is the education of a guy whose dad was rich. :lol:

Words of wisdom from a 40 year old part time barista/full time loser that was banned from a hair metal message board for harassing multiple individuals in child like flame wars.

The board idiot thinks a guy that vastly expanded his father's real estate business exponentially, built a media empire, helped raise a very respectable family and eventually became president of the US is a dumbass.

I mean fuck, you can't make this shit up.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

radiobed wrote:
Words of wisdom from a 40 year old part time barista/full time loser that was banned from a hair metal message board for harassing multiple individuals in child like flame wars.

The board idiot thinks a guy that vastly expanded his father's real estate business exponentially, built a media empire, helped raise a very respectable family and eventually became president of the US is a dumbass.

A respectable family? WTF you pathetic dunce, you're a mindless sheep, dancing to whatever Ox News rhythm of the week is :lol:
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

"As they get something, it gets tougher. Because politically, you can’t give it away. So pre-existing conditions are a tough deal. Because you are basically saying from the moment the insurance, you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan. Here’s something where you walk up and say, 'I want my insurance.' It’s a very tough deal, but it is something that we’re doing a good job of."
Anyone want to unpack this comment from the Idiot?

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-ri ... ium=Social
LJP 2002-2014

exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

radiobed wrote:

How does that kool aid taste? Is it yummy nummy?
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

radiobed wrote:The board idiot thinks a guy that vastly expanded his father's real estate business exponentially, built a media empire, helped raise a very respectable family and eventually became president of the US is a dumbass.
So you think it's difficult for a guy who comes from money to grow up rich and powerful?
He must be a genius if he's President, right? I mean, we've never had a stupid (W.) President before.
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

Donald is such a moron, and yet he actually berates Eric for being dumb. Ain't that a kick in the head?
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

radiobed wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Radiobed just fires off classics.

Fooled by any more YouTube trolls lately?
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Radiohead, do you honestly believe all rich people are smart? :lol:

Typical boiler room "finance" guy. Pockets full of date rape drugs, head full of sleazebag wisdom.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

radiobed wrote:

You have to be dumber than Trump to go with this when everyone knows what really happened.
radiobed wrote:The board idiot thinks a guy that vastly expanded his father's real estate business exponentially, built a media empire, helped raise a very respectable family and eventually became president of the US is a dumbass.
He inherited his wealth. You don't give the guy on third base credit for batting in the home run. He was on a reality show... and wrestling. He's no more a media mogul than Snooki or Hulk Hogan. Dennis Rader, the BTK murderer, raised a respectable family when he wasn't sadistically torturing and killing his victims. There is no intellectual requirement for the Presidency. A dumbass can become President if he can round up enough dumbass voters. The president and his dumbass supporters drive that point home daily.
radiobed wrote:I mean fuck, you can't make this shit up.
You did, radiosped.
ImageImage
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Radiobed believes this guy is a genius. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJ_H2c5IWc

What is that saying that's going around? Trump is a stupid man's version of a smart man, a poor man's version of a rich man, and a weak man's version of a strong man? Radiobed apparently makes good money stealing from grandmas but 2 out of 3 ain't bad! Meat Loaf taught us that.
Judge Smails
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Judge Smails »

and the hits keep coming...

Trump and the GOP understand that a large portion of America is populated by frighteningly stupid fucking morons like Radiohead and Ironman.. people so fucking stupid they don't realize how badly they're getting fucked and actually think they're "winning"

During ‘Made in America Week,’ President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club applies to hire 70 foreign workers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... &tid=sm_tw

President Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida has asked permission to hire 70 foreign workers this fall, attesting — in the middle of the White House's “Made in America Week” — that it cannot find qualified Americans to serve as cooks, waiters and housekeepers.

Those requests were made to the Department of Labor in recent days and posted online Thursday. The for-profit club, where Trump spent numerous weekends this spring, asked permission to hire 15 housekeepers, 20 cooks and 35 waiters.

In addition, Trump's golf club in nearby Jupiter, Fla. asked permission to hire six foreign workers as cooks. The applications to the Department of Labor are a first step in the process of applying for H-2B visas, which would allow the clubs to bring in foreigners for temporary work between October and next May.
"You'll get nothing and like it"
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

LMFAO @ radiobed still defending Trump. Trump inherited money, blew it and went bankrupt. He became President because the nation is full of dumb asses like you. He's doing a terrible job. Loser.

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Would that be the same dumb ass that, despite meeting and speaking with her and her husband several times since he was elected, claimed the reason he went over to Putin for his little 60 minute interlude without anyone else present but he, Putin and Putin's translator, was because the wife of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, didn't speak any English?
So he's met and hung out with she and her husband, but thinks she can't speak English? :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlWdLdbOhHI

Funny how even his wife knows she speaks English since they spoke frequently during their tour of the Japanese gardens...
And she had no problem with English when she spoke at a Virginia elementary school with Michelle Obama in 2015..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlWdLdbOhHI
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Trump is looking at if he can pardon himself. Wow.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Gritt wrote:Trump is looking at if he can pardon himself. Wow.
Yep.

Has anyone told him that such a pardon is for federal crimes only. The AG of New York, on the other hand, isn't constrained by such a thing.

edited to add: Some wag elsewhere made a joke about the new Bronco slow car chase with Donnie at the wheel, heading towards the Russian embassy. I wish I could photoshop his toddler driving face into a white Bronco.
Last edited by vlad on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LJP 2002-2014

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

In some great news for the economy, jobs are everywhere in Drumpfland, just not for Americans...

Evidently they're not qualified to be housekeepers, cooks or servers...... :roll: :lol:

No word on if Muslims will be allowed to apply for the jobs...

The Trump Organization is asking the federal government for special visas to hire scores of foreign workers for two of President Trump's private clubs in Florida — the Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach and the Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter.

The requests for H-2B visas, posted on the Department of Labor website, are for 26 cooks, nearly 50 waiters and waitresses, plus housekeepers, a hostess and a bartender. The jobs range in pay from just under $12 to less than $14 an hour. Mar-a-Lago and the Jupiter club have relied on foreign workers in past years for staffing during their peak seasons, which run October through May.

This year, the request for foreign workers comes in the middle of "Made in America" week at the White House. Trump, who has had his own line of ties manufactured overseas, says he wants U.S. companies to focus this week on ways to create more opportunities for American labor.

The Trump Organization hasn't responded to questions about the visa requests.

In the past, Trump has defended hiring foreign workers at his Florida properties, saying that "getting help in Palm Beach during the season is almost impossible."

On Monday, the Department of Homeland Security announced it would be boosting the number of nonagricultural H-2B visas available this year by 15,000.
http://www.npr.org/2017/07/20/538387033 ... gn-workers
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

The jobs range in pay from just under $12 to less than $14 an hour.

Not sure why Drumpf Inc doesn't just hire AMERICANS out of St Louis since his buddy Eric Greitens has lowered the minimum wage from $10 back to $7.70 an hour since, you know, Americans can live on $7.70 an hour these days..
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

vlad wrote:
Yep.

Has anyone told him that such a pardon is for federal crimes only. The AG of New York, on the other hand, isn't constrained by such a thing.

edited to add: Some wag elsewhere made a joke about the new Bronco slow car chase with Donnie at the wheel, heading towards the Russian embassy. I wish I could photoshop his toddler driving face into a white Bronco.
Yes, and someone should also tell him accepting a pardon is akin to admitting you committed a crime.
So there is that too.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/u ... oogle.com/

Is it fake news if you're recorded actually saying it?
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

In a normal political climate, this would have sent his supporters a clear signal that they had made a mistake and they would finally turn against him.

Anyone still supporting Trump is obviously just too proud to admit their mistakes.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

He's going to deny the "self pardon" thing ever happened. Guaranteed. He covers his ass more than a nun at a nudist colony. Or attempts to anyway.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
radiobed
Headlining Clubs

Post by radiobed »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:Radiohead, do you honestly believe all rich people are smart?
I believe I called you an idiot. Your interpretation here of what I said just further illustrates that.

I mean, there's nothing to even fucking debate here. Your biggest accomplishments in life revolve around your 85 posts per day where you occasionally zing someone like Machado and garner "internet cred".