Moderator: Metal Sludge

Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

MeToo

Postby Cyd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:40 pm

The Movement of #MeToo
How a hashtag got its power

SOPHIE GILBERT

#MeToo wasn’t just mushrooming on Twitter—when I checked Facebook Monday morning, my feed was filled with friends and acquaintances acknowledging publicly that they, too, had experienced harassment or assault. Some shared their stories, some simply posted the hashtag to add their voices to the fray. And it wasn’t just women: Men also spoke up about their experiences with assault. Actors including Anna Paquin, Debra Messing, Rosario Dawson, Gabrielle Union, and Evan Rachel Wood joined in. The writer Alexis Benveniste used it to remind people that the messages they were seeing were only the tip of the iceberg. For every woman stating her own experiences out loud, there were likely just as many choosing not to do so.

On Sunday afternoon, the actress Alyssa Milano used her Twitter account to encourage women who’d been sexually harassed or assaulted to tweet the words #MeToo. In the last 24 hours, a spokesperson from Twitter confirmed, the hashtag had been tweeted nearly half a million times.

Here's the whole thing:
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainme ... oo/542979/

I already told about getting sexually harassed and assaulted more than once on here, but I never put it on FB. I didn't think I was alone, but A HALF MILLION just on Twitter? In 24 hours? Sounds like everybody's gonna get a fuckin' sooner or later. Only how do you sexually assault a man?
DemonFilth2001
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: MeToo

Postby DemonFilth2001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Cyd wrote:The Movement of #MeToo
How a hashtag got its power

SOPHIE GILBERT

#MeToo wasn’t just mushrooming on Twitter—when I checked Facebook Monday morning, my feed was filled with friends and acquaintances acknowledging publicly that they, too, had experienced harassment or assault. Some shared their stories, some simply posted the hashtag to add their voices to the fray. And it wasn’t just women: Men also spoke up about their experiences with assault. Actors including Anna Paquin, Debra Messing, Rosario Dawson, Gabrielle Union, and Evan Rachel Wood joined in. The writer Alexis Benveniste used it to remind people that the messages they were seeing were only the tip of the iceberg. For every woman stating her own experiences out loud, there were likely just as many choosing not to do so.

On Sunday afternoon, the actress Alyssa Milano used her Twitter account to encourage women who’d been sexually harassed or assaulted to tweet the words #MeToo. In the last 24 hours, a spokesperson from Twitter confirmed, the hashtag had been tweeted nearly half a million times.

Here's the whole thing:
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainme ... oo/542979/

I already told about getting sexually harassed and assaulted more than once on here, but I never put it on FB. I didn't think I was alone, but A HALF MILLION just on Twitter? In 24 hours? Sounds like everybody's gonna get a fuckin' sooner or later. Only how do you sexually assault a man?

Let's meet up. I'll give you the opportunity.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Postby DEATH ROW JOE » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Cyd

Postby Cyd » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:54 am

DemonFilth2001 wrote:
Cyd wrote:The Movement of #MeToo

Let's meet up. I'll give you the opportunity.

How could I resist. :roll: Let's see your picture! Without a shirt. Right here and NOW.
Babydoll

Postby Babydoll » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:48 am

Cyd wrote:I already told about getting sexually harassed and assaulted more than once on here, but I never put it on FB. I didn't think I was alone, but A HALF MILLION just on Twitter? In 24 hours? Sounds like everybody's gonna get a fuckin' sooner or later. Only how do you sexually assault a man?

Sexual assault/rape/harassment can happen to a man too, but it is rarely talked about. It can happen to anyone no matter what they look like too. I don't believe the number of ones sharing the hashtag are just doing it for attention, it may seem surprising to some, but I've come across so many in my life that have experienced it in one form or another and there are ones it has happened to that have just decided not to openly share it even with just the hashtag. I've been in situations where speaking up would have been scary because of retaliation, not being believed, and the kind of mentality from the people around you that says "don't rock the boat" :(
EddieVanHeineken

Postby EddieVanHeineken » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:59 pm

Cyd wrote:Only how do you sexually assault a man?

Sexual assault doesn’t have to include penetration, being naked, etc Unwelcome touching, grabbing, rubbing is sexual assault.
Grabbing a guys ass can be sexual assault. Rubbing yourself on someone else, whether clothed or not, is sexual assault if not welcomed by person on receiving end.

Terry crews talked about his assault. Some producer walked up to him and grabbed his crotch area right in front of his wife. That’s sexual assault.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
rockker
Headlining Clubs

Postby rockker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:54 pm

I legit have not met a woman in the past 20 years that hasn’t been sexually assaulted. The younger they are the more fucked it it’s been.

I met a female friend a couple years ago that’s 26 now. every single one of her friend have been date raped... including her. That’s just fucked up to me.

I remember growing up in the 80’s being told society was getting better. Judging by everything lately I disagree.
Kiss fans are like old men at the strip club. We know we're getting bilked but give 'em our money anyway. - Danko Jones
TenBenny

Postby TenBenny » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Certainly there's a power dynamic somewhere in the mix. I don't just mean in the sense that maybe a powerful person is doing it, as powerful status isn't the only way in which this is enacted, but also the power of being the violator regardless of status. The violator in the moment and afterwards, getting inside the victim's head as well as potentially the body. It seems like there's some perverted pleasure in causing and seeing the response, the discomfort or humiliation in someone else.

In any case, it's fucked up. I marvel at how someone could come to the conclusion in his or her mind that that sort of thing is okay to do. The culture will need to seriously educate and re-educate people young and old on how other people's bodies are to be respected. Because if you reach for someone's body as casually as you reach for a glass of water, you are a seriously vile and loathsome subhuman.

The #metoo hashtag is a really great thing. It's as discomforting as it is rousing to see the stories so many people are now empowered to tell.
Chip Z'Hoy

Postby Chip Z'Hoy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:15 am

rockker wrote:I legit have not met a woman in the past 20 years that hasn’t been sexually assaulted.

Same.

If I know any who hasn't been, it's a very low number, like 3 or 4.
NeverSurrender wrote:I simply asked a question and beat off two tards.
Cyd

Postby Cyd » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:56 am

Babydoll, the lady in your picture GIF is sexually assaulting the livin' shit outta that man!!! :shock:
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Postby eddie lee roth » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:56 am

Cyd wrote:Babydoll, the lady in your picture GIF is sexually assaulting the livin' shit outta that man!!! :shock:
:lol:

I like to think that she’s rocking out to the Mary Tyler Moore theme song.
Love_Industry
Platinum Artist

Postby Love_Industry » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:14 pm

rockker wrote:I remember growing up in the 80’s being told society was getting better. Judging by everything lately I disagree.

Actually it is. Behaviour that women found perfectly acceptable in the 80s workplaces, clubs and schools because "you know, that's how it is" is now being called out as sexual assault. Wasn't a husband allowed to do whatever he wanted to his wife back then by the way or did that end in the 1970s?
BDG135
Headlining Clubs

Postby BDG135 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Some ugly girl grabbed my ass when I was 13.
AndiiChrist
Recording Debut Album

Postby AndiiChrist » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:55 am

TenBenny wrote:
The #metoo hashtag is a really great thing. It's as discomforting as it is rousing to see the stories so many people are now empowered to tell.

Misread as "arousing" and thought you were pretty obscene.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:
Stevie looks like my twin!
exitflagger

Postby exitflagger » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:42 am

AndiiChrist wrote:
TenBenny wrote:

"Rousing" is still not really the best choice of words there either. Par for the TenBabble word-diarrhea course.
radiobed wrote:conservatives are stupid...oh and racist too.
Bair Hand wrote:i'll suck your dick for a cup of coffee
TenBenny

Postby TenBenny » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:29 pm

exitflagger wrote:
AndiiChrist wrote:
TenBenny wrote:

"Rousing" is still not really the best choice of words there either. Par for the TenBabble word-diarrhea course.

Whatever. This is a rallying cry for people so "rousing" is fine. Stop clowning.
Mojo
Cockblocked by Poison

Postby Mojo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:55 pm

[quote="TenBenny”] Stop clowning.[/quote]
I dunno, it’s easier to take if you’re sexually assaulted by a clown.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
Danzig in the Dark

Postby Danzig in the Dark » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Mojo wrote:[quote="TenBenny”] Stop clowning.[/quote]
I dunno, it’s easier to take if you’re sexually assaulted by a clown.[/quote]

Don't you try anything funny with me.
ImageImage
Mojo
Cockblocked by Poison

Postby Mojo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Tennywise forcefucks my eyes with his word-rape. I was wrong. It’s not funny.

#metoo
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
eddie lee roth

Postby eddie lee roth » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:29 pm

TenBenny wrote:
exitflagger wrote:
AndiiChrist wrote:Misread as "arousing" and thought you were pretty obscene.

Whatever. This is a rallying cry for people so "rousing" is fine. Stop clowning.

She say “rousing” rowzy word to use in this instance.

absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Postby absolutely fabulous » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:53 am

I'm a member of Metal Sludge. # Metoo

/
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol:

Return to “Sludge Lounge”