What %chance do you think Trump will get jail time?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

What %chance do you think Trump will get jail time?

Post by HueyRamone »

Me? I’m going to go with 0.75%, but I fear that’s overly optimistic.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Mojo

Re: What %chance do you think Trump will get jail time?

Post by Mojo »

HueyRamone wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:11 pm Me? I’m going to go with 0.75%, but I fear that’s overly optimistic.
Yeah, that's being generous.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

As SE Cupp said earlier in response to Merrick Garland asserting that NO US citizen is above the law, that includes all of us and all previous and present presidents, but it obviously does not include Donald Trump. The DOJ is said to have over 40 very prosecutable violations over the past 5 or 6 years that there has been zero actual movement on. The ridiculously damning info we're seeing made public now is just one of those violations.

If nothing comes of this, it sends a clear message to the world that this country is on it's way out. If they didn't already see the writing on the wall.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
tym
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by tym »

exitflagger wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:04 pm

If nothing comes of this, it sends a clear message to the world that this country is on it's way out. If they didn't already see the writing on the wall.
The rich and famous are above the law. Been that way forever. Look at OJ. Dude killed two people and got away with it. So yea, Trump will walk, and I am willing to bet he really never runs, oh he will say he will, and milk the trump tards for all the free cash he can, then come up with some reason not to run again.
I'm finding it difficult to masturbate to this. I'm trying, I just have so little to work with...
Tokkin' with Dokken
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Tokkin' with Dokken »

The percentage chance he'll get jail time?

Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Zero. All you can hope for is that enough will stick to him to prevent him running for a second term.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
TexDaddy
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by TexDaddy »

tym wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:30 pm
exitflagger wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:04 pm

The rich and famous are above the law. Been that way forever. Look at OJ. Dude killed two people and got away with it. So yea, Trump will walk, and I am willing to bet he really never runs, oh he will say he will, and milk the trump tards for all the free cash he can, then come up with some reason not to run again.
This especially holds true for rich, famous, and a politician.
Pick a party
Very seldom does a politician serve jail time.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Illinois has had 4 governors go to prison since 1973. Sometime politicians pay for their crimes.

Trump’s going to prison.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

So much of what had been presented will be disregarded as hearsay, because that’s all it can be regarded as.
On top of that, a Jury would have to have it proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump knew his claims of election fraud were bullshit. Good job proving that.
Then there’s the shitshow that would ensue from not only his cult members but the current GOP if he were to actually be tried. The Democrats know full-well the GOP will want blood, because they couldn’t give a fuck less about the truth. It’s about retaining his cult members come voting time.

He’ll walk. Absolutely no question he’ll walk. I hope I’m wrong, but it’s just not a winnable case.
Image Image
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

No chance. At best he pays someone to wear his home ankle monitor for him...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Mojo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:57 am So much of what had been presented will be disregarded as hearsay, because that’s all it can be regarded as.
On top of that, a Jury would have to have it proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump knew his claims of election fraud were bullshit. Good job proving that.
Then there’s the shitshow that would ensue from not only his cult members but the current GOP if he were to actually be tried. The Democrats know full-well the GOP will want blood, because they couldn’t give a fuck less about the truth. It’s about retaining his cult members come voting time.

He’ll walk. Absolutely no question he’ll walk. I hope I’m wrong, but it’s just not a winnable case.
Also, Merrick Garland will need 134 months to wait for all the facts to be in before making a move, and they'll put the case in the hands of a jury, requiring a unanimous decision from what will statistically have a couple of Trumpers in it.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

at this point if he's convicted and doesn't go to jail, I'd be semi-ok with that, as long as it prevents him from ever holding office again.
JeanBeauvoir
Slept with Donna Anderson

Post by JeanBeauvoir »

exitflagger wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:04 pm As SE Cupp said earlier in response to Merrick Garland asserting that NO US citizen is above the law, that includes all of us and all previous and present presidents, but it obviously does not include Donald Trump. The DOJ is said to have over 40 very prosecutable violations over the past 5 or 6 years that there has been zero actual movement on. The ridiculously damning info we're seeing made public now is just one of those violations.

Not only is Trump not doing any jail time but he's going to be President again to make your life even more miserable than it is now....on the bright side maybe you could fulfill your lifetime dream and move to a communist country..you would fit absolutely perfect
JeanBeauvoir
Slept with Donna Anderson

Post by JeanBeauvoir »

That-guy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:40 am Illinois has had 4 governors go to prison since 1973. Sometime politicians pay for their crimes.

Trump’s going to prison.
:lol: typical liberal nutjob
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

JeanBeauvoir wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:39 pm
That-guy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:40 am Illinois has had 4 governors go to prison since 1973. Sometime politicians pay for their crimes.

Trump’s going to prison.
:lol: typical liberal nutjob
You support a guy who intentionally inspired a riot and I’m the nutjob? :lol:
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

HueyRamone wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:27 pm Also, Merrick Garland will need 134 months to wait for all the facts to be in before making a move, and they'll put the case in the hands of a jury, requiring a unanimous decision from what will statistically have a couple of Trumpers in it.
Yep.
It’s an unwinnable case. As much as I want Trump to fry and be held accountable, I can’t help but feel like when inflation is the highest it’s been in decades and nearly 200 Republicans vote against codifying gay marriage into law, there are more important things the Democrats could be doing.
Image Image
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

JeanBeauvoir wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:38 pm Not only is Trump not doing any jail time but he's going to be President again
Sounds like a familiar delusion from you that didn't come true in 2020 the last time you said it.

Shit for brains.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

I just hope he stays out long enough to stroke the fuck out at the podium during a campaign stop in Buttfuck Illinois or some other MAGA shithole..
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Mojo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:56 pm As much as I want Trump to fry and be held accountable, I can’t help but feel like when inflation is the highest it’s been in decades and nearly 200 Republicans vote against codifying gay marriage into law, there are more important things the Democrats could be doing.

I agree. At this rate, Biden's entire presidency is going to be defined by Trump.

From what I understand of the case, it's a fine line between free speech and inciting a riot. Yeah, Trump's responsible for the chaos. No doubt. But he didn't say go "in" the capital or physically hold the door open for the rioters. (I'm not looking for a debate on this. I'm just talking legalities.) The strongest charge against him seems to be the Georgia phone call, which is more clear cut.

And as much as I don't want to set a bad example for the rest of the world, I don't think it looks good to have a former president behind bars either. I know it's not fair, but I just don't. It feels like third-world shit.

If Trump goes to jail, he becomes a martyr of sorts and you're asking for some civil war shit. Especially if he runs again. It's in his interest to do so, because any charge can be portrayed as "political" even more than they are now.

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:31 am
Mojo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:56 pm As much as I want Trump to fry and be held accountable, I can’t help but feel like when inflation is the highest it’s been in decades and nearly 200 Republicans vote against codifying gay marriage into law, there are more important things the Democrats could be doing.

I agree. At this rate, Biden's entire presidency is going to be defined by Trump.

From what I understand of the case, it's a fine line between free speech and inciting a riot. Yeah, Trump's responsible for the chaos. No doubt. But he didn't say go "in" the capital or physically hold the door open for the rioters. (I'm not looking for a debate on this. I'm just talking legalities.) The strongest charge against him seems to be the Georgia phone call, which is more clear cut.

And as much as I don't want to set a bad example for the rest of the world, I don't think it looks good to have a former president behind bars either. I know it's not fair, but I just don't. It feels like third-world shit.

If Trump goes to jail, he becomes a martyr of sorts and you're asking for some civil war shit. Especially if he runs again. It's in his interest to do so, because any charge can be portrayed as "political" even more than they are now.

I disagree on the optics of locking up Trump. I think it shows strength and maybe even a smidge of remorse if the so-called Leader of the Free World Can show that we’re not above the law either. It would be one of the very rare times.
Everything else, we agree on.
Image Image
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

^^^ I see it as a lose-lose.

It's not like the majority of the country wants him locked up. It's basically 50-50. Jailing a presidential candidate supported by half the country opens the door to all kinds of shit we don't want. It'll make Jan. 6 look like a practice run.

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:01 am ^^^ I see it as a lose-lose.

It's not like the majority of the country wants him locked up. It's basically 50-50. Jailing a presidential candidate supported by half the country opens the door to all kinds of shit we don't want. It'll make Jan. 6 look like a practice run.

Those are absolutely valid concerns. It’s really a no-win situation. Just focus on fixing the country and giving us someone worth a shit to vote for, Democrats.
Image Image
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

We don’t have to wait too much longer before he’s put in God’s jail.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Yeah, we're probably better off if he had a heart attack or something.
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Mojo wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:23 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:11 pm Me? I’m going to go with 0.75%, but I fear that’s overly optimistic.
Yeah, that's being generous.
I agree.
But I'd love to be proven wrong.
If he does, it will be n GA or NYC, not DC.
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

JeanBeauvoir wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:38 pm
exitflagger wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:04 pm As SE Cupp said earlier in response to Merrick Garland asserting that NO US citizen is above the law, that includes all of us and all previous and present presidents, but it obviously does not include Donald Trump. The DOJ is said to have over 40 very prosecutable violations over the past 5 or 6 years that there has been zero actual movement on. The ridiculously damning info we're seeing made public now is just one of those violations.

Not only is Trump not doing any jail time but he's going to be President again to make your life even more miserable than it is now....on the bright side maybe you could fulfill your lifetime dream and move to a communist country..you would fit absolutely perfect
President again? So you agree he isn't the President now?
And he lost the election...right?
Don't tell me it was stolen. If that were true, one of the 60 plus lawsuits would have proven that, right? They didn't.
Move to a communist country? Like Russia?
trump isn't Putin's useful idiot anymore. Putin has bigger problems now, and trump is no more use to him.

But do tell, what do you think trump did as President? Besides talk about himself?
trump supporters are one, or a combination of 3 things, selfish, racist or stupid. Which are you?
TenBenny

Post by TenBenny »

I think there's a decent chance he could do time. We've all been fed the idea for so long now that he always escapes/always wins that we're conditioned to think he can skirt the cell, but New York State and Georgia are also pursuing him. There are many chances to nail him and I think one 'em might stick. If the big gun is the DOJ then it's been implied that Merrick Garland is well aware he absolutely must charge Trump. It's not so much about who charges him for what but about whether it can stick well enough to convince a jury.

But he's also 76 years old with mid-stage dementia, heart disease, a fast food diet and an Adderall habit. He literally may not live long enough to see that happen if it does.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:01 am ^^^ I see it as a lose-lose.

They like the idea of revolution. The actual dying, not so much. Millions talked revolution over the "fake election" and only a few hundred showed up to fix things.
ImageImage
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Desantis, Abbot, and others are all over Biden about securing the border, etc..., while Trump just said that other night that his great wall is complete...as in done. We know that he's full of shit, however it makes me giggle at the fact of it being done and they're still blaming Biden for a problem and not acknowledging the wall or that it didn't work.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12