What %chance do you think Trump will get jail time?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: What %chance do you think Trump will get jail time?

Post by Mojo »

Press Pass wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:59 pm Serious question, would you attend a Trump rally if given the chance?
Serious answer: I'd definitely be curious, but I think I'd also be far too disgusted in the slavishness of the crowd to stay more than five minutes. Surrounding myself with that level of willful and gleeful stupidity isn't exactly high on my to-do list.
There's been a Trump souvenir store (selling all Chinese-made Trump merch, of course) in my town for about six years. Just a stroll around there for two minutes set my opinion of humanity back too much to ever seriously consider going to one of his circle jerks. I also have zero desire to attend any Democrat's rally, either.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Press Pass wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:59 pm
Mojo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:55 pm
Press Pass wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:47 pm

You hate Trump, yet you are watching from the get-go.
Herp derp. I hate Hitler too, but I still love WWII documentaries.
Serious question, would you attend a Trump rally if given the chance?
Serious question, have you ever attended a trump rally? And where do you live?
And to answer your question, fuck no! I have never attended a trump rally. I've been laughing at his orange ass since the 80's.
How he won the Presidency is beyond me!
Let me guess, you were a fan of The Apprentice? Reality TV makes for good politicians?
But please, do tell! What do you like about him? What did he do to make America great? It's not so great now, is it?
We are only 2 years into the Biden Administration, and all the bullshit is from 2020...The trump administration.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Attend a Trump rally?
Only if I was paid. Which actually doesn't seem like such a far fetched idea.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Metal Sludge wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:28 pm
I'm beginning to think it's similar to how THIS guy who treated people badly was so popular at one time.
It's ENTERTAINMENT.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

dp

The ever popular sludge double post.

Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Turner Coates wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:49 am
Metal Sludge wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:28 pm
I'm beginning to think it's similar to how THIS guy who treated people badly was so popular at one time.
It's ENTERTAINMENT.
I have never watched Dallas, but he was a pretty good guy in I Dream of Jeannie. Larry Hagman wasn't an actual asshole or narcissist. He was an actor. Trump is not that.
I can only assume that people watched The Apprentice? I never saw that because I knew he was an orange joke since the 80's.
Reality TV and the internet have made people in red states (or just people in general), dumber than they were to begin with! :roll:
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Metal Sludge wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:08 pm He was an actor. Trump is not that.
Trump is not an actor but he is the best entertainer running for POTUS. What he lacks in intelligence and ability, he makes up for with his antics.
My point is that right-leaning people who in the past ignored politics and thought it was boring are now drawn into it and think they have "informed opinions."
Same deal with the other GOP idiots, such as Greene, Boebert and Gaetz. Their followers don't REALLY understand issues....they crave the drama and entertainment...like they do with TV wrestling.
People like Biden are boring to the Trump Squad. They want ACTION. They want someone to start a chant of, "LOCK HER UP!"
That shit is highbrow entertainment to MAGAnoids.

Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Turner Coates wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:49 pm
Metal Sludge wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:08 pm He was an actor. Trump is not that.
Trump is not an actor but he is the best entertainer running for POTUS. What he lacks in intelligence and ability, he makes up for with his antics.
My point is that right-leaning people who in the past ignored politics and thought it was boring are now drawn into it and think they have "informed opinions."
Same deal with the other GOP idiots, such as Greene, Boebert and Gaetz. Their followers don't REALLY understand issues....they crave the drama and entertainment...like they do with TV wrestling.
People like Biden are boring to the Trump Squad. They want ACTION. They want someone to start a chant of, "LOCK HER UP!"
Yeah, and they want to be able to say the N word too.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Insert one of this memes of someone applauding, or saying this. He went for the WWE, Monster Jam, and drinking at the steel bridge folks and unfortunately that's a large % of the population.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

cowpins wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:30 am
Turner Coates wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:49 pm Same deal with the other GOP idiots, such as Greene, Boebert and Gaetz. Their followers don't REALLY understand issues....they crave the drama and entertainment...like they do with TV wrestling.
Insert one of this memes of someone applauding, or saying this. He went for the WWE, Monster Jam, and drinking at the steel bridge folks and unfortunately that's a large % of the population.
Yep, we're in an era where too many adults, even of advanced ages, just can't give up on products designed and marketed for children - WWE, KISS, 'collectible action figures' and similar, ephemeral junk. Like any good salesman, Trump adapts his politics (if you can call it anythingthat sophisticated) to reflect the audience he chases.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Metal Sludge wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:03 pm
And they want to be able to thump their Bibles as they please and force their definition of Christianity on us. They derive entertainment from oppressing LGBTQ people and forcing birth on women while quoting Bible verses to justify it. That's one of the most important things to Trump's evangelical base.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

GoodJudge wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:14 am
Yep, we're in an era where too many adults, even of advanced ages, just can't give up on products designed and marketed for children - WWE, KISS, 'collectible action figures' and similar, ephemeral junk. Like any good salesman, Trump adapts his politics (if you can call it anythingthat sophisticated) to reflect the audience he chases.
One of the local cable TV channels has a show, featuring grown men with beards getting very excited while discussing and playing with their Pokeman cards.

Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

dmbrocker wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:55 am
And they want to be able to thump their Bibles as they please and force their definition of Christianity on us. They derive entertainment from oppressing LGBTQ people and forcing birth on women while quoting Bible verses to justify it. That's one of the most important things to Trump's evangelical base.
That's another part of the equation.

The Cruelty Is the Point
President Trump and his supporters find community by rejoicing in the suffering of those they hate and fear.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... nt/572104/

dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Turner Coates wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:49 am

The Cruelty Is the Point
President Trump and his supporters find community by rejoicing in the suffering of those they hate and fear.
Yep. Not to mention most conservative evangelicals were raised to force their beliefs on others long before Trump ever ran for president, and he just encouraged and enabled them. White Christian Nationalists and conservative evangelicals have always interpreted their Bibles to live in fear of an America in which they no longer hold majority power over the country, and when Donnie stepped up and promised to give them that power back again, they fell for it hook, line, and martyr. They claim to worship Jesus, yet they idolize Trump while quoting Bible verses to justify their support of ol' Donnie. Now, what's that verse in the Bible again about false idols? I guess evangelicals don't mind cherry-picking from the Good Book because Trump is their golden calf.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

dmbrocker wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:12 am
Turner Coates wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:49 am

The Cruelty Is the Point
Yep. Not to mention most conservative evangelicals were raised to force their beliefs on others long before Trump ever ran for president, and he just encouraged and enabled them. White Christian Nationalists and conservative evangelicals have always interpreted their Bibles to live in fear of an America in which they no longer hold majority power over the country, and when Donnie stepped up and promised to give them that power back again, they fell for it hook, line, and martyr. They claim to worship Jesus, yet they idolize Trump while quoting Bible verses to justify their support of ol' Donnie. Now, what's that verse in the Bible again about false idols? I guess evangelicals don't mind cherry-picking from the Good Book because Trump is their golden calf.
this sums it up perfectly, I think.

https://youtu.be/hj6E2_3nraQ
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Give it time. Trump will find a way to say it and be adored even more by these clowns. He is the only white person who could publicly say that word and get stronger.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

AliceManson wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:18 am

Give it time. Trump will find a way to say it and be adored even more by these clowns. He is the only white person who could publicly say that word and get stronger.
It was rumored when the pussy grab tape came out that Mark Burnett had tape of him saying it offstage during The Apprentice, but he's a FoT and a RWNJ so it'll never see the light of day.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Ok…how about now? :lol:
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

That-guy wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:30 pm Ok…how about now? :lol:
0%
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:29 pm
That-guy wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:30 pm Ok…how about now? :lol:
0%
Yep.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

What about a conviction without jail time?
ImageImage
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

The Judge handling this latest indictment is a Trump appointee, so good luck with that.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Clay Higgins (Louisiana Congressman) should be indicted for seditious conspiracy. He is openly calling for militias and Trumpy wackos to organize a quasi-Civil War.

These idiots are fully intent on inciting violence over this shit whether President ForkTongueFuckface does jail time or not.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Serious question that I've not seen the answer to yet: are all of these hearings and the trial going to be held behind closed doors? Judge-only, or with a jury? I can't see how they could hold it in public - not counting the specific national security info involved, he wouldn't be able to help making things worse for himself.

E.g. para. 34 claims Trump told a writer and a publisher, plus staff with no security clearance, "Well, with [the Senior Military Official] - uh, let me see that, I'll show you an example. He said that I wanted to attack [Country A]. Isn't it amazing? I have a big pile of papers, this thing just came up. (etc.)".

Put him on the stand and he'll say: "Well, all I was doing was telling Bob and Sarah that General Smith said the best way to invade Venezuala was a combined airborne and amphibious assault on Caracas. What's wrong with that? It's the capital, it's virtually on the coast - they have great beaches down there you know, really hot girls, I mean totally hot - they've won 6 Miss World contests and you know I'm a huge fan of Miss World, I was going to open a hotel there back in the 80s but the goddamn commies got in the way - so I don't see why it needs to be a secret, any putz could work it out."
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:31 am The Judge handling this latest indictment is a Trump appointee, so good luck with that.
The "experts" have said she will be directed by her own staff to recuse herself due to her actions in the last Trump hearings before her. The appeals court spanked her hard because of her head-scratching decisions in that case. If not, the prosecution will petition to get it reassigned and will most likely win on that because of her aforementioned actions.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

With as head scratching as her previous rulings were, I see the same here.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:31 am The Judge handling this latest indictment is a Trump appointee, so good luck with that.
Does she really want to be listed in history books as the judge who enabled him to get away with selling out the country?

Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Turner Coates wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:08 am
Does she really want to be listed in history books as the judge who enabled him to get away with selling out the country?
She didn't have an issue with it before.
ImageImage
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

EddieVanHeineken wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:29 am
The "experts" have said she will be directed by her own staff to recuse herself due to her actions in the last Trump hearings before her. The appeals court spanked her hard because of her head-scratching decisions in that case. If not, the prosecution will petition to get it reassigned and will most likely win on that because of her aforementioned actions.
This. She may not even preside over the whole thing anyway regardless of whether she gets recused/replaced or not. Non-factor.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

The indictment is wild. They got him on tape acknowledging the documents are still classified. One of his lawyers testified under oath that he asked him to lie to the feds and say he doesn't have anything. Then, as a treat, it's got multiple occasions where he campaigned on this issue--"LOCK HER UP," etc.--so he can't say he wasn't aware of the severity of the crime.

He won't see a minute of jail time, and this will only help his campaign, and I don't think he actually gives a fuck about any of this, but I'm enjoying seeing the issue of top secret government info being mishandled go from a crime of treason punishable by death to not actually a big deal and it's okay to keep boxes of these documents in one of the cans at your golf resort.

It's not even goal-post moving at this point. The goal-post has been blown the fuck up.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts