Ryan Seacrest will royally suck as host of Wheel Of Fortune

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Ryan Seacrest will royally suck as host of Wheel Of Fortune

Post by exitflagger »

I know it's kind of an obvious thing but Sajak at least had some meager comedic abilities as host, usually doing a Letterman-lite thing when he could. Can somebody point out what it is about Ryan Seacrest that we are supposed to find appealing? He is human styrofoam if there ever was. Has he ever said anything even remotely clever?

I liked Wheel Of Fortune when I was a kid, don't watch it much anymore. I'm not much of a fan of Pat Sajak but that doesn't mean he wasn't reasonably competent at his job. I really can't see Seacrest stepping into this role and making it anything but a black hole of dullness. Seems like it's a showbiz power broker deal behind the scenes and nothing more.

Side note: Sajak's hot daughter should replace Vanna White ASAP. How long do we have to pretend that old bag has not become absolutely painful to look at?
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Ryan Seacrest will royally suck as host of Wheel Of Fortune

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

She's asking for a raise. She'll be gone soon.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:10 pm She's asking for a raise. She'll be gone soon.
I think she has a year left on her contract. I don't see her staying beyond that.

I love "Wheel Of Fortune", grew up watching it. we would all go into the living room after dinner and watch it as a family, as I'm sure a lot of us did.

Sajak is a decent host, but apparently he's a right-wing nutjob. I'm sure he hated having to suck it up and be nice to them librul Hollyweird stars when hosting the "Celebrity Wheel Of Fortune" shows.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Seacrest made a career out of being noticeably better at TV hosting than Brian Dunkleman.

I'm surprised the Wheel people would want someone so closely associated with other TV gigs to be their public face.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

alleyrulez wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:51 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:10 pm She's asking for a raise. She'll be gone soon.
I think she has a year left on her contract. I don't see her staying beyond that.
Supposedly she hasn't received a raise in 18 years. She's now lawyering up without realizing she's been overpaid for decades after locking down the most cake job in the history of show business. If you're getting away with murder, don't draw attention to it.

The only thing she brings to the gig is familiarity.

Mark my words... the show will bring in somebody else as part of a "top to bottom revamp" when Seacrest begins. The best thing she can do right now is hide in a corner and hope nobody notices she's still on the payroll.

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

She could be trying to leverage an exit package... as you both said, once she leaves this job, her TV party's over.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Seacrest certainly believes he filled the gap left by Dick Clark, from NYE to radio/tv gigs to big-time entertainment producer/mogul. Dick was such a likable guy whereas Seacrest isn't. To me, he's smarmy. As for Vanna, stay or leave, I'm sure she is financially set for a great retirement. Either way, I don't care; just adding my 2 cents. I loved all the game shows as a kid. I can't stand them anymore.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

If they want to do this reboot right, bring back the shopping showcase.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Sajak is a total cornball I hate watching wheel
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

People would do Vanna's job for 10% of what she makes. She's like the game show version of Miss Elizabeth...paid a mint to stand there blindly and clap....while weirdos that beat off to her decades ago think she's some kind of overlooked talent.
MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Post by MotleyKaos »

I'm pretty indifferent to Seacrest getting the job. Meh.

Why not go the route that The Price Is Right went by hiring a comedic actor who was previously famous for his show in the 90s? How about Kevin James?

I do find it interesting that Vanna is asking for a raise when she is likely about to be phased out when Sajak leaves. She lasted longer than her predecessor and was allowed to age longer on the show, too. I'm guessing Sajak's daughter will be the new "letter-turner".
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

MotleyKaos wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:32 am I'm pretty indifferent to Seacrest getting the job. Meh.
Same. I can't really understand having strong feelings about it one way or the other...
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Mojo wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:39 am
MotleyKaos wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:32 am I'm pretty indifferent to Seacrest getting the job. Meh.
Same. I can't really understand having strong feelings about it one way or the other...
Everything on sludge is strong feelings one way or another, isn't it? I haven't watched Wheel since my 20s, but Seacrest is over-exposed. I didn't watch Idol or that morning show, but I sort of hate his face anyway.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

TooOldToCare wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:45 am Everything on sludge is strong feelings one way or another, isn't it? I haven't watched Wheel since my 20s, but Seacrest is over-exposed. I didn't watch Idol or that morning show, but I sort of hate his face anyway.
And really, I'm not one to talk. I have strong feelings about the dumbest shit, and then I go even farther and overstate them to whomever will listen.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Mojo wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:05 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:45 am Everything on sludge is strong feelings one way or another, isn't it? I haven't watched Wheel since my 20s, but Seacrest is over-exposed. I didn't watch Idol or that morning show, but I sort of hate his face anyway.
And really, I'm not one to talk. I have strong feelings about the dumbest shit, and then I go even farther and overstate them to whomever will listen.
Regardless, here it’s generally with humor and fun so all good. Unlike, say, Twitter. I deactivated all other social media a few yrs ago because “people”.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

exitflagger wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:18 pm I know it's kind of an obvious thing but Sajak at least had some meager comedic abilities as host, usually doing a Letterman-lite thing when he could. Can somebody point out what it is about Ryan Seacrest that we are supposed to find appealing? He is human styrofoam if there ever was. Has he ever said anything even remotely clever?

I'm not much of a fan of Pat Sajak but that doesn't mean he wasn't reasonably competent at his job.
Sajak cannot be replaced ...period.

As for your comments on Seacrest, I agree wholeheartedly.
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

I think Ryan will do fine. I don't expect Vanna to be there much longer. Jesus Christ! Hasn't she been turing those letters for 35 years or more? Time to retire baby!
I'm not a huge fan of Ryan Seacrest, but I'm not a hater either. He was fine on E. I never watched a single episode of American Idol.
My daughter tried out for it once. She had to fly to San Francisco, and the told her her group (the group the put her in) wasn't what they were looking for. When I picked her up from he airport, she told me that Ryan Seacrest is really short. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

Metal Sludge wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:15 pm I don't expect Vanna to be there much longer. Jesus Christ! Hasn't she been turing those letters for 35 years or more? Time to retire baby!
She hasn't turned a letter in 26 years. The letters have been computerized since 1997.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

wildside1969 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:38 am
Metal Sludge wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:15 pm I don't expect Vanna to be there much longer. Jesus Christ! Hasn't she been turing those letters for 35 years or more? Time to retire baby!
She hasn't turned a letter in 26 years. The letters have been computerized since 1997.
Carpal tunnel syndrome :?:
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

End it.

Wheel of Nothing.

WoF without Sajak is worse than Skid Row without Bach.

Worse than Jeopardy without Trebek (ok, same. still pointless)

The attempted revival of game shows in general has totally missed the mark, AFAIAC.