Strangest dreams you can remember

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Strangest dreams you can remember

Post by Sleek »

I had one last night where I was floating down a river in Michigan, and there were these sort of glowing green-blue psychedelic Capybaras in the water...

Can't say I've ever had Capybara dreams before.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Sleek wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:23 am I had one last night where I was floating down a river in Michigan, and there were these sort of glowing green-blue psychedelic Capybaras in the water...

Can't say I've ever had Capybara dreams before.

God dammit...I'm important IN and OUT of dreams.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I have had numerous dreams throughout my life that are probably death dreams. Where I'm in a room surrounded by all sorts of people I've met throughout my life who had nothing to do with one another. There was one I had not too long ago where a girl from work was dragging me into a room. Another girl said "he's not ready yet". Then I open the door and walk to the other side of the room. White fade....
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

Oh, I love me some capys, I just did not dream about them until now.

I remember thinking in the dreams: "Oh! Capys! They aren't native to these parts, how cool."

...while sort of ignoring the part that they looked like they were black light poster colors and FLOURESCING.

whiteowl yesterday
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

i'm often naked or in my underwear in dreams.
i also dream i'm in school and always forget where my locker is or what class i go to next.
i also flunk most of my classes in these dreams.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

whiteowl yesterday wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:21 am i'm often naked or in my underwear in dreams.
i also dream i'm in school and always forget where my locker is or what class i go to next.
i also flunk most of my classes in these dreams.
When I was younger, I used to have similar dreams repeatedly. I'd be in school or walking down the sidewalk without pants. I figured it meant everyone wanted to see my junk. 🤣 I never bothered to Google for actual explanations.
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

Until about age 18 I would get sick once a year and get a really high fever and have fever dreams. Those were so insanely unpleasant, terrifying, and psychedelic at the same time. I don’t miss those at all.
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Indy_Rob wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:22 pm Until about age 18 I would get sick once a year and get a really high fever and have fever dreams.
You had become comfortably numb.
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs

Post by LadyJaneGrey »

Last night, I had a dream that I got high with Ace Frehley...I think we were smoking pot.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Back when I was doing a lot of front of house mixing, I used to have dreams that I was at (or headed to) a gig, when suddenly I realized that I'd forgotten my shoes or something else. I'd backtrack, wandering around trying to find whatever I'd lost. Then I'd realize I didn't know how to find my way back to the gig. I always woke before finding out if I totally missed the gig or not.

One time it was an outdoor gig and Dick Clark was announcing the acts. As I was looking around backstage for my shoes, I realized It was time to be at FOH before Dick announced the act I was supposed to mix. It was Spinal Tap-ish as I tried (and failed) to find my way there.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

I haven't played on a stage since 2011, yet still have the same dream. My band is due to start our set, and I'm not ready. My amp isn't working, I have to restring my guitar, I can't find a cable. It's fucked.
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

Turner Coates wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:44 pm Back when I was doing a lot of front of house mixing, I used to have dreams that I was at (or headed to) a gig, when suddenly I realized that I'd forgotten my shoes or something else. I'd backtrack, wandering around trying to find whatever I'd lost. Then I'd realize I didn't know how to find my way back to the gig. I always woke before finding out if I totally missed the gig or not.

One time it was an outdoor gig and Dick Clark was announcing the acts. As I was looking around backstage for my shoes, I realized It was time to be at FOH before Dick announced the act I was supposed to mix. It was Spinal Tap-ish as I tried (and failed) to find my way there.
I have had very similar dreams...with me, it was usually I was late for the gig, and could not find the stage in an arena, getting lost in the labyrinth of backstage hallways.

WolfgangVonPage

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

I had a dream the other night that I was in a car and the girl driving was just speeding along on a mountain rode. She missed a corner and we went airborne. I initially felt terror as we left the road, yet when we started to come down head first toward the water, I just remember calmly saying to myself "I am going to die". And then I woke up before we hit the water.
The really strange thing is that I fell back asleep, and then dreamt that I was telling my friends all about this dream, but don't tell my wife because she will be pissed off that I had a dream with another woman in it. :shock:
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
HORRORHOLIC1979
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HORRORHOLIC1979 »

eddie lee roth wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:18 am In my dreams I’m laying in the grass on a hill by my grandparents house with every dog I’ve ever owned. I hate waking up after that. What does that mean?
In my dreams, I am the Wizard Master.
"They're never gonna find your face, it's hidden away
I found a very special place where you used to play"
- Alice Cooper
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Turner Coates wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:44 pm Back when I was doing a lot of front of house mixing, I used to have dreams that I was at (or headed to) a gig, when suddenly I realized that I'd forgotten my shoes or something else. I'd backtrack, wandering around trying to find whatever I'd lost. Then I'd realize I didn't know how to find my way back to the gig. I always woke before finding out if I totally missed the gig or not.

Mine is/was always high school, and I either can't find my classes or can't find my locker (or forgot the locker combo). I then wake up wondering if I graduated HS or not.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

HORRORHOLIC1979 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:34 am
eddie lee roth wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:18 am In my dreams I’m laying in the grass on a hill by my grandparents house with every dog I’ve ever owned. I hate waking up after that. What does that mean?
In my dreams, I am the Wizard Master.
I love Dokken.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

cowpins wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:18 am
Mine is/was always high school, and I either can't find my classes or can't find my locker (or forgot the locker combo). I then wake up wondering if I graduated HS or not.
I used to have that one a lot.
I'd miss a class and finally go to it, maybe one time at the end of the semester.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Maybe it's the gummies I take before bed, another nonsensical dream I remembered from last night, the first one since the OP.

I moved my son into college (he's long since graduated), but his dorm room was the space above our garage. WTF? But if you looked out his window (which doesn't exist in the garage), it looked like a college campus. Anonymous roommate shows up with so much furniture it takes every inch of floor space such that you have to walk on the furniture to get about the room. His father was an anonymous "professional athlete" and a total asshat. Then, someone from the college delivered care packages for the boys. Inside was nothing useful. Papers, trash. The last thing I recall was my son acting like all of this was normal and me thinking, "Are you fucking insane." Then I guess I woke up.

As I said, most of my dreams I remember make zero sense.
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

None of these dreams are particularly strange.

Do more drugs and shit, folks. Or less. Whatever. So far the infotainment value is quite low. I had a dream that Ace Frehley's face was odd. Oh no! That's reality! Fuck! I have to go shopping now!
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Update: I've been having poor sleep lately. Last night, it felt like I didn't sleep a wink, but my Oura ring says otherwise. It turns out I was lucid dreaming most of the night (in a state where you control your dream outcomes and can still hear noise in the house, for example.

The part I can remember is that I was a child who assisted another child with some petty crime (stealing a championship football from a sports museum), and if I didn't, some adult had a hit out on this kid. We did the deed, got caught, and were sent to a max-sec prison. As I walk into the prison with my suitcase :D , I'm an adult. I'm telling the lady at the front desk (it's like a hotel) that I need to be sure I can take my daily medicine. She asks if it's a controlled substance. Yes, it is. She needed to check on that. Now I'm a kid again, pleading with my parents to get me the fuck out of this mess. I can't live in a prison, etc. They're shrugging their shoulders, not saying a thing. Then my alarm went off.

What the actual fuck, and where the actual fuck does this shit come from?