Strangest dreams you can remember

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Strangest dreams you can remember

Post by TooOldToCare »

I rarely remember dreams or nightmares; when I do, they are mostly nonsense. My wife always has realistic dreams about real people, accidents, dying, and other stressful real-life events.

I had one last night that was bizarrely confusing, which made me think of this thread, and I was surprised to remember it.

It was a dream within a dream where I woke up (in my dream), and everything was back to the 1970s, but I was aware it should be 2023. Every detail of my childhood house, my parents were alive, and even the cars in the driveway were from my childhood. The detail was far beyond the gibberish my dreams usually are. For most of the dream, I tried to return to the present while convincing everyone this shouldn't be happening. And it felt like I was aware I was dreaming but couldn't wake up or thought I was really awake. I'm not sure. Then suddenly, all returned to the present (in my dream), and then I woke up for real. It all felt real.

Usually, my dreams are 30 seconds of something that could have been a scene in Stranger Things.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Re: Strangest dreams you can remember

Post by cowpins »

How do you feel about the dream? Did it take you back to a time of your life filled in innocence and less responsibility, or perhaps fun? Sometimes dreaming of your childhood can indicate a yearning for your inner child and missing who you were in your childhood. Maybe part of you wants to let go a little bit, and have some fun, or perhaps you're under too much pressure and want to escape responsibility for a bit, either way, dreaming of your childhood can mean a desire to return to simpler times. Basically, more KISS and less Foo Fighters.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

In my dreams I’m laying in the grass on a hill by my grandparents house with every dog I’ve ever owned. I hate waking up after that. What does that mean?
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

cowpins wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:02 am How do you feel about the dream? Did it take you back to a time of your life filled in innocence and less responsibility, or perhaps fun? Sometimes dreaming of your childhood can indicate a yearning for your inner child and missing who you were in your childhood. Maybe part of you wants to let go a little bit, and have some fun, or perhaps you're under too much pressure and want to escape responsibility for a bit, either way, dreaming of your childhood can mean a desire to return to simpler times. Basically, more KISS and less Foo Fighters.
Some of that may subconsciously be true since we're now empty-nesters and talking about the 3-5 year countdown to retirement, freedom from work, and being tied to Ohio. I can't relive KISS again. :D

But not in the dream. Since it felt "trapped" in a dream, and I could not convince others this was irrational, that part was frustrating. But having a vivid image of the space (inside and outside the house), the colors, the people from the mid-70s was cool. It's from my childhood in Florida that I left in 9th grade and never returned to for a visit. In that regard, it was kind of time-traveling. Since the plot was to get back to the present, there is a lot of "exploring" I wish would have played out. But then, I probably wouldn't have remembered any of it. I maybe remember 3 dreams a year.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

eddie lee roth wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:18 am In my dreams I’m laying in the grass on a hill by my grandparents house with every dog I’ve ever owned. I hate waking up after that. What does that mean?
Either beastiality fetish. :D Or, like me, I love my dogs and that sense of contentment and calm just hanging with them over dealing with many people. IDK...sounds serene to me; peaceful. Either you need that or have that already, and it's a prominent subconscious thought.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Space Ace could time travel maybe you subconsciously had his super powers but didn’t realize it. I’m sorry I was a kid back then to. All 70’s roads lead to KISS.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:33 am
eddie lee roth wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:18 am In my dreams I’m laying in the grass on a hill by my grandparents house with every dog I’ve ever owned. I hate waking up after that. What does that mean?
Either beastiality fetish. :D Or, like me, I love my dogs and that sense of contentment and calm just hanging with them over dealing with many people. IDK...sounds serene to me; peaceful. Either you need that or have that already, and it's a prominent subconscious thought.
I used my google machine and it said I was a simpleton. I’m fine with that.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

eddie lee roth wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:35 am Space Ace could time travel maybe you subconsciously had his super powers but didn’t realize it. I’m sorry I was a kid back then to. All 70’s roads lead to KISS.
I get it. It was 75 or 76 in 5th grade someone brought a KISS album to school for indoor recess. I was hooked for the next 20 years (I'm a simpleton too) then it became cooler to hate them. 🤣
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:56 am
eddie lee roth wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:35 am Space Ace could time travel maybe you subconsciously had his super powers but didn’t realize it. I’m sorry I was a kid back then to. All 70’s roads lead to KISS.
I get it. It was 75 or 76 in 5th grade someone brought a KISS album to school for indoor recess. I was hooked for the next 20 years (I'm a simpleton too) then it became cooler to hate them. 🤣
Older brother for me. I’ve blamed it on him ever since. Got to see them up close in 79 as a ten year old right as the “GAY” was starting to ruin everything. Still great memories though.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:27 am
cowpins wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:02 am How do you feel about the dream? Did it take you back to a time of your life filled in innocence and less responsibility, or perhaps fun? Sometimes dreaming of your childhood can indicate a yearning for your inner child and missing who you were in your childhood. Maybe part of you wants to let go a little bit, and have some fun, or perhaps you're under too much pressure and want to escape responsibility for a bit, either way, dreaming of your childhood can mean a desire to return to simpler times. Basically, more KISS and less Foo Fighters.
Some of that may subconsciously be true since we're now empty-nesters and talking about the 3-5 year countdown to retirement, freedom from work, and being tied to Ohio. I can't relive KISS again. :D

But not in the dream. Since it felt "trapped" in a dream, and I could not convince others this was irrational, that part was frustrating. But having a vivid image of the space (inside and outside the house), the colors, the people from the mid-70s was cool. It's from my childhood in Florida that I left in 9th grade and never returned to for a visit. In that regard, it was kind of time-traveling. Since the plot was to get back to the present, there is a lot of "exploring" I wish would have played out. But then, I probably wouldn't have remembered any of it. I maybe remember 3 dreams a year.
I had a dream about visiting my childhood home last year and it was me driving a bus filled with my childhood friends home from school, however the buses brakes didn't work. I remained in control, though, and was never in fear of crashing, nor were the friends scared. I specifically remember getting to an intersection and taking the corner early and cutting through the grass like it was normal. I had it during a period of stopping drinking and going through some personal stuff working and on my identity (thus the going back to my youth). The fact that I remained in control of the bus showed that I had control of my life now and was confident that even though it appeared I was on a slippy slope I had a grasp on everything.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

cowpins wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:57 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:27 am

I had a dream about visiting my childhood home last year and it was me driving a bus filled with my childhood friends home from school, however the buses brakes didn't work. I remained in control, though, and was never in fear of crashing, nor were the friends scared. I specifically remember getting to an intersection and taking the corner early and cutting through the grass like it was normal. I had it during a period of stopping drinking and going through some personal stuff working and on my identity (thus the going back to my youth). The fact that I remained in control of the bus showed that I had control of my life now and was confident that even though it appeared I was on a slippy slope I had a grasp on everything.
Deep stuff. Maybe mine was aging parents/loss of parents/childhood memories (I had a great childhood growing up on the gulf coast). Or, maybe it's the gummies I take before going to bed. 😂

Or maybe I do time travel now. That would be sick. I'll try again tonight. Quantum Leap.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Find out who wins the 24' World Series for me!!!!
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

cowpins wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:45 am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Find out who wins the 24' World Series for me!!!!
Got it. Two gummies it is.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Had one earlier this week where I was out in the front yard making a snow cave to park my motorcycle in after a ride, even though it was still summer in my dream and I don't have a bike. Went inside afterwards to a house that looked straight out of the '70s (carpet, wallpaper, furniture, etc) and found Dave Grohl sitting on the couch pounding beers with a few of my buddies. Can't remember anything after that. Maybe its for the best lol
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Had a weird one just a few weeks ago....

I was driving on a familiar highway here in Vegas when I looked to my right and saw two of those triangular UFOs in the night sky, possibly being chased by an Air Force jet.

Then I faced forward and saw two of those saucer/disk-shaped UFOs in front of me, hovering above the road. They turned "upright" on their sides, so they looked like circles to me. My car was immediately sucked toward them, tractor beam-style, at a high-rate of speed. Suddenly, I was inside an illuminated rectangular tunnel, going faster and faster until I woke up.

Here's the weird part...

I could feel the motion of traveling at high speed. It was a physical sensation, more realistic than any dream I've had before. Like being on a super-fast roller coaster, but without any loops or change in elevation. I had no control of my own and even thought to myself, "This is it"... like I was being abducted or some shit.

Maybe I was.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:43 pm Had a weird one just a few weeks ago....

I was driving on a familiar highway here in Vegas when I looked to my right and saw two of those triangular UFOs in the night sky, possibly being chased by an Air Force jet.

Then I faced forward and saw two of those saucer/disk-shaped UFOs in front of me, hovering above the road. They turned "upright" on their sides, so they looked like circles to me. My car was immediately sucked toward them, tractor beam-style, at a high-rate of speed. Suddenly, I was inside an illuminated rectangular tunnel, going faster and faster until I woke up.

Here's the weird part...

I could feel the motion of traveling at high speed. It was a physical sensation, more realistic than any dream I've had before. Like being on a super-fast roller coaster, but without any loops or change in elevation. I had no control of my own and even thought to myself, "This is it"... like I was being abducted or some shit.

Maybe I was.
Oh, most definitely, you were. Especially now that the government has confirmed that aliens are real.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:43 pm Had a weird one just a few weeks ago....

Here's the weird part...

Maybe I was.
How is your butthole?
ImageImage
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

I used nicotine patches for a short time last year and my dreams were intense. Extremely vivid and long. I'd wake and could recall every moment in detail, some more than 1 hour's worth uninterrupted.

One dream in particular was awful. I was being choked to death, knew I was in a dream and urging myself to wake up but I couldn't.

That was the end of those damn patches for me. There are people who use them purely for the dream side effects.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Anyone experience lucid dreams, where you can actually control the dream? Maybe even wake up, go to the bathroom, and then continue where you left off?

I’ve had a few of these but can’t remember them now. I haven’t done the googles, but it must have to do with the state of sleep you’re in; kind of a twilight sleep.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:15 pm

Here's the weird part...

Maybe I was.
How is your butthole?
Fcking anal probes suck when abducted. I can kind of now understand how vivid dreamers convince their brains they were actually abducted or time traveled or felt pain or falling. To the subconscious brain/mind, it is real I guess. Most of us realize that it was a dream since last we knew, we went to bed.
Newsted's FU Money

I had this dream where I was sleeping on a waterbed, then Freddy Krueger pulled me into the water and said "How's this for a wet dream?!".

I didn't appreciate the joke very much. I still understand it was something which had to be said. I've forgiven Freddy for that one.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Newsted's FU Money wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:51 pm I had this dream where I was sleeping on a waterbed, then Freddy Krueger pulled me into the water and said "How's this for a wet dream?!".

I didn't appreciate the joke very much. I still understand it was something which had to be said. I've forgiven Freddy for that one.
I had a similar dream with Dokken singing Dream Warrior in the corner of my room while I dodged Krueger’s razor glove. Thank god, Don was there to distract while I jumped through a mirror into another dimension. When I think of Elm St., Dokken lives there.
Newsted's FU Money

TooOldToCare wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:59 pm
Newsted's FU Money wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:51 pm I had this dream where I was sleeping on a waterbed, then Freddy Krueger pulled me into the water and said "How's this for a wet dream?!".

I had a similar dream with Dokken singing Dream Warrior in the corner of my room while I dodged Krueger’s razor glove. Thank god, Don was there to distract while I jumped through a mirror into another dimension. When I think of Elm St., Dokken lives there.
Damn straight.

https://youtu.be/qjXErx9Yrhw

I wonder what Freddy's reaction to Don't voice would be like these days...
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Strangest dreams have been when I've seen a dream of death of random people, who were not close. Then I've heard about their deaths the next day. This has happened twice.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

My wife has those "death dreams" occasionally.

No dreams I can remember from last night. No time traveling.
Olivia Sophia
Recording Your Demo

Post by Olivia Sophia »

shitting myself on a date, and guy cleaning it up
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Olivia Sophia wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:53 pm
Some guys dig that.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

I have dreamed a couple of times that I got shot and died. Then woke up when I was "dead".

Just a few days ago I dreamed I was going to my younger sister's wedding and within the dream I remembered growing up with her, saw her in the places where I lived as a child/teenager. I never had a sister, and "our Dad" in the dream was a different person I don't know in real life.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Aliens coming into my bedroom at night.

I'm afraid to explore this any further. :?
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Olivia Sophia wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:53 pm
Did the roid burst?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!