Ever have a celebrity come into your work?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Ever have a celebrity come into your work?

Post by ParaDime77 »

If so, how did they act?
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Ever have a celebrity come into your work?

Post by Mojo »

Minor celebrities, but yeah, a few.

When I worked at Target, we had Kenny Chesney come in, once. He just picked up his shit and left. Just a dude shopping at Target.

I worked at a self storage facility in Eastlake where the band P.O.D. had a storage unit. Nice guys who almost always took the time to bullshit with you.

At the storage facility I managed, we had multiple football players. I couldn't care less about football and can't even remember who they played for. They were all pleasant, except for one's wife, who was always a complete cunt.

I met Jenny Craig and Jelena Janković (at one time the highest ranked tennis player in the world) working at their houses when I installed high-end home automation equipment. Craig was in her 80's had her assistants do all of the talking, but Janković was super involved in the project and even let us swim in her pool. We installed a full-blown full screen movie theater in her place and watched Shrek with her on it.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

Sort of, when I worked at Kinkos between '95 - 2004. I became very friendly with old Hollywood actor Rex Reason who starred in the classic This Island Earth. I ended up selling things on eBay for him.
Tina Yothers came in to use the computers to work on press kits for her band called Jaded.
Darius, the older brother from Family Matters came in often and always asked for discounts
Susan from Eight is Enough would come in for copies of her acting resume.
Some dude from Weezer named Matt would come in and work on the computer.
I also became friendly with a dude named Ray Herbeck Jr who was a rock journalist and producer of the movie Glory and his dad was a famous big band leader.
The first African-American NASCAR racer Felix Giles was a regular.
Russell Poole the cop that tried to expose a conspiracy regarding Tupac and Biggie came in and only trusted me and another guy to make copies of his case files that included autopsy photos and all kinds of crap.
The original Romper Room lady.
A pair of brothers who are big kiss fans that produced a fanzine back then?

Maybe one or two others. All in exciting City of Industry California!
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Local celeb Lenore Zann (voiced Rogue in the X-Men animated series from the early '90s) came into my workplace once. I'm a huge nerd, so of course I geeked out a bit and she was cool enough to rattle off a couple lines of dialogue in her "Rogue voice". At the time, geek culture wasn't what it is now, so hardly anyone I knew even knew what the X-Men were, let alone that there had been an animated series, let alone that a local celeb had acted in it. Now she's actually doing the convention circuit because of that part.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Joe Lesté - Flirted with all the girls, as he should.
Dusty Rhodes - As cool as one could be
Rick Flair - As cool as one could be
Hulk Hogan - As cool (and kind) as one could be
Slash - Even cooler than you'd hope Slash would be
Rob Thomas - Very talented and kind
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Not a place of work, but Arnold Schwarzenegger shopping at a Walmart in Columbus, OH, then at McD's the next morning. There's a better story with it, but I won't bore you. He was super-friendly, walked and chatted with my stepson for a moment and took a pic with him.

Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I managed a video store outside Chicago for a few years.

John Cleese came in while visiting friends. SUPER nice. Made a point to initiate conversation and offered to shake hands.

Richard Marx came in to rent "Let It Be," which was out of print at the time. He was friendly and we talked about the Beatles. Wore a large watch.

An older black woman, a regular, was supposedly Mr. T's wife, but I never knew for sure.

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
DrewPNuttz
Forming a Band

Post by DrewPNuttz »

I managed a Musicland location in the early 2000's in the St Louis area.

Kurt Warner came in one Saturday night after dinner with his pastor. He was very opinionated about the TOP 20 display, and kind of a dick. I dont know if it was a show for his pastor but It was all mostly gangsta rap at the time.
Nelly came through once, there was a pet shop across the way from my store and that's where he got the puppy he had on his Cribs episode (so I was told later). People lost their shit. Everyone running around to see if shops sold disposable cameras to get a pic with Nelly. He usually shopped at North West Plaza, my girlfriend that became my wife later worked for Spencer Gifts at the time. He didnt go anywhere without at least 10 people.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Not really a "celebrity" but Jay Maskus (sp?) from Dinosaur Junior used to bring his Mom or Grandmother? (some lady who was older than dirt) shopping at the Hardware store I worked at (early 90's). Must of been around the time they had whatever their song was, because I knew who he was.......fugly dude.
Alias
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alias »

In 2005 Bruce Dickinson came into the flight school I was hanging at and rented a Cessna 172. We hung out and talked airplanes for 45 mins or so. Then I had him sign my CD of Chemical Wedding that was in my car. He was actually super chill and surprised I had the CD right there. Great experience and he's a total airplane nerd like me (and most pilots)
What the hell was that all about?
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

Not mine (I work in a plumbers' merchants in Leeds, nobody famous is coming here) but Dave Grohl went in the McDonalds the wife works in once. Lovely bloke, apparently.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

At a very cool music store that was once my home base, Kris Kristofferson rented our basement for band rehearsals, for over a month, while he was in town making a movie.

Drummers Jim Keltner (who was playing with Dylan at the time) and Kinks drummer Mick Avery came in (with road managers) at different times and rented the same super cheap-o set of high hat cymbals. We had some much nicer ones, but they both chose the crappy Korean made ones.
We called them "trash can lid" cymbals, but those guys found a sound quality in them that we hadn't discovered. Maybe they sounded so odd that they'd cut through well in a live mix.

Bo Diddley lived in the area and brought us some poorly made ceramic bongs to sell on consignment.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

Alias wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:30 am In 2005 Bruce Dickinson came into the flight school I was hanging at and rented a Cessna 172. We hung out and talked airplanes for 45 mins or so. Then I had him sign my CD of Chemical Wedding that was in my car. He was actually super chill and surprised I had the CD right there. Great experience and he's a total airplane nerd like me (and most pilots)
That's really cool. When you can have a mutual interest to talk about and really bond... Bruce is the man. Are you a pilot full-time? That's a job I don't think I could ever do. I hate flying
wickedsensation

Post by wickedsensation »

Mister Freeze wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:08 am I managed a video store outside Chicago for a few years.

John Cleese came in while visiting friends. SUPER nice. Made a point to initiate conversation and offered to shake hands.

Richard Marx came in to rent "Let It Be," which was out of print at the time. He was friendly and we talked about the Beatles. Wore a large watch.

An older black woman, a regular, was supposedly Mr. T's wife, but I never knew for sure.

Was this Lake Forest video?
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

wickedsensation wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:06 pm
Mister Freeze wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:08 am I managed a video store outside Chicago for a few years.

Was this Lake Forest video?

How do you know stuff?
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

I didn't think about my other jobs. At Peace Drums our endorsers came in often, including Steven Adler, Joey Scott from Lizzy Borden, Chad from LA Guns, dude from Cadillac Tramps, dude from Suicidal Tendencies, reality TV star Puck, and Punk band the Adicts...

At Tower Records new bands would come in mostly to meet employees. White Zombie came in in 92, before their fame. Really cool. I gave them tapes of my band and they signed CDs for everyone. I used to see Sean around after that and became kind of friendly with her.
XYZ came in, Law and Order played an impromptu acoustic performance at a random spot in the store, Pato Banton did a publi signing, Motorpsycho on Hollywood Records did a full in-store with a stage and everything... Rhino bucket did a CD signing. I remember I asked the guitar player do you guys do any AC/DC songs in your set? And he said "no that would be like Kingdom Come doing Zeppelin covers" I didn't understand why he didn't seem to appreciate the question. I went to the Slayer instore at the Hollywood location and Michael Schenker did a private acoustic set there that was cool, too.

DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Let's hope no one had Danny Masterson "come in".
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:43 am Image

Nice pic. I see the girls are trying to stay away from the guys as much as possible.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

I worked in hospitality management before I moved to Vegas. One of our hotels in Minneapolis had the WWE contract at the time -- PPVs, house shows, etc. -- so we had the wrestlers staying at our hotel. The only people that stood out that I personally interacted with were Daniel Bryan and the Bella Twins. He was married to one of them, but he was painfully quiet standing in back while she did the talking, looking down, no eye contact; he was like a shy kid on the playground. It was kind of funny, thinking of it compared to his regular character on TV at the time.

"Best Man Down" was filmed in the Twin Cities back in 2012, so we had the cast staying at our hotel there too -- the "star" of the movie was Justin Long, so it was obvious it sucked and bombed. He was a nice guy though, no ego then. When they checked out, one of the rooms (Addison Timlin) had be put out of order for a week since it smelled like a chain smoker stayed in the room.

The 2018 Super Bowl was in Minneapolis (dumbest idea ever), so we had the Philadelphia Eagles staying at our luxury hotel while the hotel on the opposite side of the Mall of America had the Patriots staying there. There was some fun trash talking for awhile after we had the winning team stay at our hotel, but again, Super Bowls should only be played in warm climates forever and ever. (Actually, they should be in Vegas every year!)

A lot of politicians held events there too, including the GOP's 2016 Election Night party. The mood (and volume) kept rising throughout the night when it became apparent Trump was actually going to win. All the politicians/media people had their rooms on one floor, but there were two "regular" guests that were somehow on that floor as well. The LOUD party lasted all night long, and needless to say they got their rooms comped.

Mike Pence was there once to speak at an event for another local politician who I can't recall. We just led him and the Secret Service up the service elevator to the banquet room he spoke in; not a word was said by anybody.

The three nicest people I met back then were probably Gladys Knight, Kris Humphries (Kim Kardashian ex), and Jeff Timmons (the 98 Degrees singer who wasn't married to Jessica Simpson).

Gladys Knight performed at a gala and took the time to meet with, take pictures, and sign autographs for people before her performance. Kris Humphries was there for a wedding since he lives/lived in Minnesota. Quiet, very polite guy. Apparently they served mac and cheese at this wedding, and he had 5 or 6 helpings, raving about it. :lol: Jeff Timmons was probably the nicest; staying in Minneapolis for a week at the time (some Chippendales thing). Every day he came back to the hotel, he'd always stop and talk to people for over an hour -- valet staff, F&B workers, front desk people, or management. Nothing else to do in Minneapolis in the winter.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

I meaaan...in my first job, I met lots of celebrities...but I've been in office buildings since then, so nobody comes in except the people who work there.

I have become pretty good friends with Cyndi Lauper's sister, who had an office in the same building I am in now, but she is a celeb-once-removed.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i work in film and tv production so yeah, there's been a few people but i guess their work is my work so al pachino can actually say i came into his work too.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

I meannnnnn, I fapped to the young Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface at least once...so Al Pachinko could say I came DURING his work...
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

Mister Freeze wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:39 am
Don't Damn Me wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:43 am Image

Nice pic. I see the girls are trying to stay away from the guys as much as possible.
That's xyz. I think the singer terry, far right, was just fired from Great White
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

Maybe not in person, but I've dealt with some Finnish celebrities through business.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Hellsinkey wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:23 am Maybe not in person, but I've dealt with some Finnish celebrities through business.
Was one walking through Helsinki and wife pointed out who she called one of Finland's largest pop stars sitting on a patio by himself surrounded by people. Show's how true it is that Fins really don't talk to one another.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

I did work at an agency that did services for models, so hot ass models would always come in and get their headshots and pix turned into little brochures.

Leann Tweeden was nobody at the time, but I see her name on tv nowadays.

The not hot daughter from Charles in Charge who turned out to be balls hot at age 23 or whatever she was at the time.

Some pornstar wanted one and brought in some pix or her all spread eagle, with post it’s over the naughty bits, and asked me to do some selective cropping. I think she was pretty well known but the name escapes me right now
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:43 am I didn't think about my other jobs. At Peace Drums our endorsers came in often, including Steven Adler, Joey Scott from Lizzy Borden, Chad from LA Guns, dude from Cadillac Tramps, dude from Suicidal Tendencies, reality TV star Puck, and Punk band the Adicts...
Didn't know the Adicts were using Peace drums now, last time I saw em Kid had an old white Premier.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs

Post by LadyJaneGrey »

The only one which I've encountered is Jean Fugett. Not being that much into sports, I didn't know who he was. He's a semi-regular customer at the library I work at, and he's always been pleasant any time I've interreacted with him.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Oh yeah, at my job at a record company, Marc Ferarri came in, with a Karen-cut and a sweater for his Mastersource stuff, Mike Muir came in for graphic design needs, Steve Vai, and lots of punk artists.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Lane Johnson has social anxiety disorder and is doing talks to help deal with it and to raise awareness. He came to my jobsite last year.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.