Anyone here have ADHD?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Anyone here have ADHD?

Post by Indy_Rob »

Cowpins is right. The Lounge is circling the drain and needs some new topics.

Anyone here have ADHD? When were you diagnosed? How does it affect your day to day life? Give us your story!
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs

Re: Anyone here have ADHD?

Post by LadyJaneGrey »

Never been officially diagnosed, but I'm suspicious that I might have some form of it.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

Yep. Diagnosed as a kid. Was all hopped up on Ritalin and later Adderall, which made me grumpy and killed my appetite. I stopped taking the meds when I got into high school.
Today, it manifests in borderline obsession with things, interests, etc, for like a week, then I pretty much lose interest. It's also an epic fucking poem to get me to concentrate on things I'm not interested in. I'm not hyper or bouncing off the walls, I just have a hard time concentrating on things that I'm not into. Sometimes to the point where I just straight up can't bring myself to do them.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Mojo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:48 pm Yep. Diagnosed as a kid. Was all hopped up on Ritalin and later Adderall, which made me grumpy and killed my appetite. I stopped taking the meds when I got into high school.
Today, it manifests in borderline obsession with things, interests, etc, for like a week, then I pretty much lose interest. It's also an epic fucking poem to get me to concentrate on things I'm not interested in. I'm not hyper or bouncing off the walls, I just have a hard time concentrating on things that I'm not into. Sometimes to the point where I just straight up can't bring myself to do them.
Genuine question- how do you cope with a job that demands tight discipline and doing the same things at rhe same time day after day?
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Sometimes I wonder if I have some form of it. I have trouble reading sometimes for more than a half hour. I also zone out quickly if people are talking about themselves or something I don't care about.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Yes, also diagnosed (off the charts) and very similiar to Mojo. Actually, he's talked about this before and thought, "that's me".

I work in marketing/advertising and come up with tons of ideas that I get fixated on and rally the troops to excitement and then I lose total interest....a complete 180...and start the next idea totally forgetting about what I was excited about last week. If it were up to me zero campaigns would make it to completion. You also can't keep me at a desk. Always walking around, changing scenery and people, etc..., and I put guitars in most offices that I got to to grab and noodle.

I did take Concerta for a while when I had work tasks that I HAD TO focus on, like budgets, and it did work, however, I lose the spark of creativity when I take it, which I don't like.

As for effecting my job, I have learned to use it as a benefit. Now as I come up with creative ideas I throw the concept to my clients, or team, and move onto the next idea, and if someone likes anything I then work with my team to build them out the activation side.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

GoodJudge wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:13 pm Genuine question- how do you cope with a job that demands tight discipline and doing the same things at rhe same time day after day?
It doesn’t seem to manifest at work as much. I theorize that it’s because I have other people counting on me and motivating me to complete tasks efficiently. It’s more when I’m left to my own devices that I struggle to find motivation for things. My job also requires a certain level of constantly being on guard and looking out for my own safety. Things can go South immediately. I think that forces me to concentrate more.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

if you take the test you realize EVERYONE has it.
ritalin made my goaltending unstoppable but gave me the shakes.
vyvance didn't seem to do anything for me. my guitarist was on it and it contributed to his suicide
been on adderall for a few years. oh look..........a butterfly.