Wrestling Books

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Wrestling Books

Post by LSD69 »

I purchased the Ultimate Warrior: A Life Lived Forever book based on the reviews and the fact that he was one of my few favorites.

It’s a beautiful hardcover coffee table book, replete with vivid photography and insightful text.

Question: Why was there not a similar book written on The Macho Man :?:
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: Wrestling Books

Post by BDG135 »

Is that a WWE sponsored book?
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

If you want the good shit, get the autobiographies by Dynamite Kid and Bret Hart. You'll read about steroids, cheating on wives, and other fun stuff.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:37 am If you want the good shit, get the autobiographies by Dynamite Kid and Bret Hart. You'll read about steroids, cheating on wives, and other fun stuff.
I definitely agree on those two. The recent book on the British Bulldogs that came out a few years ago is great too. If you're into history, the Tim Hornbacker books can't be beat, especially his book about Buddy Rogers. Hornbacker recently released a Flair book as well. I haven't picked that one up yet, however.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:37 am If you want the good shit, get the autobiographies by Dynamite Kid and Bret Hart. You'll read about steroids, cheating on wives, and other fun stuff.
8)
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

The book Crazy Like a Fox about Brian Pillman is also good.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Lobo »

Terry Funk - More Than Just Hardcore (2012)

Original Sheik - Blood And Fire The Unbelievable Real-Life Story Of Wrestling's Original Sheik (2022).

The Sheik book was fantastic. The author had a difficult task due to The Sheik rarely, if ever breaking kayfabe. It probably made this a difficult book to write. Plus, the man was already dead by the time the book was written. Still, it was a great read.
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

Mick Foley’s books, particularly Have A Nice Day, are very well written, and he has a great way of telling a story.
tym
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by tym »

mrsnikkisixx wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:56 pm Mick Foley’s books, particularly Have A Nice Day, are very well written, and he has a great way of telling a story.
I will always wonder why Have a nice day Ebook was taken off Amazon, and you can no longer buy Foley is Good. Nothing on Audible that I ever found. Its stuff like this, along with publishers not putting stuff out on ebook at all.

Long ago I went round and round on a message board with both Lee himself, and the Publisher. There was a book By lee called "you are my everything". Its kinda how the whole Header series started. So Lee and His publisher were talking how expensive and how long it would take. It was done in ebook format with a Scanner, and Software in a week, and total time, was maybe 10 hours??

So they are going on and on about expense, and bla bla bla, then I said Bullshit, it was done in a week, and even explained a bit more in detail how easy it was. So they ranted it was impossible, So I being the asshole that I am, I gave them a free zippyshare link. That was the way to share files back in the day. That post lasted about two days, then the thread was deleted, and a day or two later, I got banned.

So I know Foley is good was on ebook at one time, I have it, I do wonder if "have a nice day" was done with a scanner and software. Cause not only do I have both books, they are still out there in the wild. I have read both. Pretty good books.

If for some reason, ebook readers want foley's books or what ever, if you shoot me a p. m. I will give you a link Or.....Simply google Anna’s Archive. Your welcome........Have a nice day.
I'm finding it difficult to masturbate to this. I'm trying, I just have so little to work with...
tym

Post by tym »

Last edited by tym on Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm finding it difficult to masturbate to this. I'm trying, I just have so little to work with...
tym

Post by tym »

. double post.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

if anyone asked which wrestling books to read, those are the first two i would mention.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Oxymoron...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Aren't books for the literate?
ImageImage
MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Post by MotleyKaos »

A year or two ago, I bought Jim "JR" Ross' book, Slobberknocker: My Life in Wrestling, for $4.00 at an Ollie's. It's a solid read for fans of the NWA territory days, early WCW, and WWF (sometimes E).

I finally got around to reading Ric Flair's autobiography from the early 2000s a couple of years ago, To Be the Man. Checked it out from the library. It's a great read. Of course, I take a lot of what Ric says with a grain of salt, but there are a lot of similar stories in that book from the same eras that were covered in JR's book.