TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

RIP Paulie - Burt Young knocked out

Post by TooOldToCare »

DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Re: RIP Paulie - Burt Young knocked out

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Just heard the news today. RIP Burt/Paulie!!!

He was in the original version of The Gambler with James Caan and there is a scene where he trashes the apartment. I think Stallone used that as inspiration for the scene where he lashes out at Rocky and Adrian.

Fast forward to the Rocky Balboa movie and the “stuff in the basement” scene. That was probably his greatest movie moment. He was great in all the Rocky movies. RIP!

https://youtu.be/-KcaHojqZLs?si=9EqH_3gYlnkDDycH
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Maybe I confused him with his character in the Sopranos, but I thought that guy had died long ago.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

R.I.P.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I think the craziest thing is that he was like 35 when the first Rocky was made.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

JakeYonkel wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:42 am I think the craziest thing is that he was like 35 when the first Rocky was made.
I think I know what you mean. Even Stallone was 30 at the time. That's even a scene in the movie where they mention that.

It was a different time. Somewhere along the way people got famous at a VERY young age. There were always child actors but I think starting with Britney Spears and American Idol it has become more and more common for teenagers to become famous.

Same thing with records/albums. Springsteen, Billy Joel, Bob Seger....these guys all took a few records before they hit their peak. Now people are having like 5 billion youtube hits and streams with their first singles!

Anyway...I am getting off subject. RIP again Burt/Paulie! Watched Rocky I and II last night in your memory. Going to watch III later.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"