House parties

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

House parties

Post by ParaDime77 »

are you someone that occasionally throws a house party? I’m not talking evil Rager or anything of that variety but more or less a get together with friends and what not. Invited a couple buddies over last night to kick back eat some food, drink some whiskey and have good conversations. Felt very refreshing. What is your protocol for get together’s at your house?
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Re: House parties

Post by cowpins »

You had a small get together. A house party is larger get together multiple groups of peeps, including a few unfamiliar faces, scattered throughout your living room, kitchen, patio, etc...conversing, watching the game, etc...A raver is larger party with one single source of music with people throughout your house and yard, cars up and down the street, etc...
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Now that we're on track for THIS definition of a house party, my answer is never. My protocol is to meet somewhere to watch the game. I'm not a fan of being stuck in my own house by people who don't know when to leave, and I'm not the best at saying OUT (unless it's a gathering with a definitive end time).
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

Be honest, you just want us to tell you our fucked up party stories.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

TooOldToCare wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:17 am Now that we're on track for THIS definition of a house party, my answer is never. My protocol is to meet somewhere to watch the game. I'm not a fan of being stuck in my own house by people who don't know when to leave, and I'm not the best at saying OUT (unless it's a gathering with a definitive end time).
I'm like this too. People never know when to leave and i have like this OFF button of when i'm done with the whole thing.
If I have a party, i start it at like 1, so everyone (should) know it's not going till the wee hours. If you start it at 7, youre fucked.

I actually live in a house now that's good for entertaining, I only realized after i got it that I prefer to sit in my room and pwn tards on Sludge, rather than have a social life.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Even with family, I’m good for about 2 hours then my batteries are empty. Christmas works great bc we play it very laid back. If I have a few people over for an Ohio State game, the party is over when the game is. I’m more amenable during the summer when the patio is in full swing, and the front or inside the house expands the options for some chill time. It’s weird since I have no issues with crowds at concerts or fairs/festivals. Just the house.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I flat out tell peeps that I'm good for about two hours, and then "ok, it's my bedtime" = "it's time to go".
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

I don't have any friends, so when I'm in the mood to "throw down" I head downtown and pick up as many Mexican/Latino? day workers that I can fit in my truck (usually 10 to 12), next stop Food Lion for as much Keystone Ice as I can buy for $100. My wife doesn't let us in the house, so we party in the garage, I set up my PA, lights and fog machine for karaoke and music. My wife or neighbors (or me) eventually calls the cops, so everyone scatters (saves me a drive back to town).
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

cowpins wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:01 pm I flat out tell peeps that I'm good for about two hours, and then "ok, it's my bedtime" = "it's time to go".
I'm with you on that. People wear out their welcome. Dean Martin allegedly used to call the cops to get his house guests out. That's me! :)
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:45 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:17 am Now that we're on track for THIS definition of a house party, my answer is never. My protocol is to meet somewhere to watch the game. I'm not a fan of being stuck in my own house by people who don't know when to leave, and I'm not the best at saying OUT (unless it's a gathering with a definitive end time).
I'm like this too. People never know when to leave and i have like this OFF button of when i'm done with the whole thing.
If I have a party, i start it at like 1, so everyone (should) know it's not going till the wee hours. If you start it at 7, youre fucked.

I actually live in a house now that's good for entertaining, I only realized after i got it that I prefer to sit in my room and pwn tards on Sludge, rather than have a social life.
Like Sleek when he comes over and starts rambling on about Britpop?
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

me and my friends do this once or twice a year when I go back home to visit, usually in December, when the weather is cooler.

we get together at my buddy's house, which is on a huge piece of land out in the sticks. he grills steaks or whatever, we buy a shitload of alcohol (though we hardly actually drink any of it) and listen to the old-school shit. we've all known each other since high school, and have remained good friends.
Last edited by alleyrulez on Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I remember at one of the parties my roommate and I had in our 20s, this guy tried to dink the big Jack Daniels bottle. I grabbed it from him and told him to pour it into a glass. It seems like a no-brainer to not put your mouth up to a bottle that multiple people are using to pour drinks.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

BDG135 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:13 am I remember at one of the parties my roommate and I had in our 20s, this guy tried to dink the big Jack Daniels bottle. I grabbed it from him and told him to pour it into a glass. It seems like a no-brainer to not put your mouth up to a bottle that multiple people are using to pour drinks.
Behaviors like this (plus being over 55) have caused me to become more boring (or mature) over the years. I do not go out unless to a restaurant or a low-key rooftop bar get-together. There are way too many adults who still behave like they're in a frat. I don't want them in my house, and I don't want to be around them in public. Many of us probably did do shit like that in college or teens and 20s. Damn, I love my couch, my fridge, and my tv. In nice weather, I can do the same thing on the back patio. Having a couple or two over is fine. Having a houseful is not.