hey Ale, are you voting for Argentina's Trump?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

hey Ale, are you voting for Argentina's Trump?

Post by GoodJudge »

Wants to abolish the central bank
Wants a total ban on abortion
Wants to ban The Gays
Wants guns for everyone (except The Gays)
Thinks climate change is a Marxist hoax
Is a very rich guy planning to cut the regulations and taxes that stop him (and his friends, cos he's a caring guy) getting even richer
What's not to like?
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: hey Ale, are you voting for Argentina's Trump?

Post by dmbrocker »

What about The Sexx? He's Argentinian, too. I wonder what he thinks about this guy?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Don't fucking cry for me Argentina . . .
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Every country has one. Some have already won election like the female Trump in Italy and Trump lite in Hungary and the dope in Brazil. It's an international epidemic....
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:17 pm Every country has one. Some have already won election like the female Trump in Italy and Trump lite in Hungary and the dope in Brazil. It's an international epidemic....
Apparently Trump confused him with the president of Turkey recently:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-praised-hu ... 38603.html

:lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:31 pm
GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:17 pm Every country has one. Some have already won election like the female Trump in Italy and Trump lite in Hungary and the dope in Brazil. It's an international epidemic....
Apparently Trump confused him with the president of Turkey recently:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-praised-hu ... 38603.html

:lol:
I understand why. Turkey makes him Hungary.
ImageImage
Ale
Picking a Band Name

Post by Ale »

GoodJudge wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:06 am Wants to abolish the central bank
Wants a total ban on abortion
Wants to ban The Gays
Wants guns for everyone (except The Gays)
Thinks climate change is a Marxist hoax
Is a very rich guy planning to cut the regulations and taxes that stop him (and his friends, cos he's a caring guy) getting even richer
What's not to like?
Ey! Im here. Sorry about not responding earlier I don’t come to Metal sludge that often cause I’m busy as fuck these days but that’s nice of you thinking about me.
To make it short, Argentina is a very corrupted politically speaking country (if you think your politicians are corrupt you wouldn’t imagine the things ours get away with) so I get why someone new comes along with a hate speech and people who are tired of trying to make ends meet sympathises with him. He’s speciallly popular with teenagers (are Trump voters teenagers in the us?)
But, he’s crazy as hell and Argentina will always be a kind of lefty country (peronismo) so he’s not going to win.
You know, it is not like the us. Our money is not really of any worth.
I didn’t vote for him.
Ale
Picking a Band Name

Post by Ale »

https://www.batimes.com.ar/news/argenti ... face.phtml

Look at this, and this happens with a different politician each month. Corruption at its finest.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Ale wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:53 am https://www.batimes.com.ar/news/argenti ... face.phtml

Look at this, and this happens with a different politician each month. Corruption at its finest.
Well, you've got him now. Every far-right leader everywhere comes in with supposed plans to stop corruption then immediately puts their family and other cronies into power, to share all the money with them. It can happen with the centre and left too, but ALWAYS with the right. Good luck. You're going to need it.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

GoodJudge wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:39 am Every far-right leader everywhere comes in with supposed plans to stop corruption then immediately puts their family and other cronies into power, to share all the money with them. It can happen with the centre and left too, but ALWAYS with the right. Good luck. You're going to need it.
The difference is, stopping corruption means something different to right-wing populists than it does to any other politicians, left to right.
For them it's stopping the corruption that someone else benefits from.
The most efficient way to do that is to replace those in positions of power with your own stooges.
Others do that too, and often end up with corruption, but at least they usually believe that their guys will be good at their job.
Ale
Picking a Band Name

Post by Ale »

Well, we got ourselves our own Trump now in Argentina. He won, and he was the most voted president ever. That's what you get when you have to choose between old crap and new crap. I'm scared.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Ale wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:17 am That's what you get when you have to choose between old crap and new crap. I'm scared.
Well, at least you didn't have the choice between obvious crap and somewhat non-crap and still chose the crap. I'm looking at you Turkey, Poland and Hungary. Well Poland finally voted out the old crap even if it was in favor of old non-crap so there is hope.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Are you a fan of Jackyl? Your new president loves to use a chainsaw, so maybe he will book Jackyl to play some shows. Your band and your crazy bass player could open for them!
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Ale
Picking a Band Name

Post by Ale »

Nate S Axel wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:01 pm Are you a fan of Jackyl? Your new president loves to use a chainsaw, so maybe he will book Jackyl to play some shows. Your band and your crazy bass player could open for them!
I actually bought the first Jackyl record when I was 12 years old! I saw that stupid video in MTV. Haven't listened to it in 20 years or more.

Sometimes Im amazed about people in the US knowing anything about Argentina. He does use the image of a chainsaw to "cut with the corruption and the political casta".

I don't like him at all, but, let's see what happens, it's all we can do. The kirchnerismo and peronismo here was all but spent, pollitically speaking.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Does he play bass?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Ale wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:11 pm Sometimes Im amazed about people in the US knowing anything about Argentina.
I'm British, not USian, and we have a 'special interest' in Argentine politics. Our government made a statement (the usual one) about the islands after your elections. Not that many people here noticed, and it wasn't really aimed at a domestic audience anyway.
Ale
Picking a Band Name

Post by Ale »

GoodJudge wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:44 pm
Ale wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:11 pm Sometimes Im amazed about people in the US knowing anything about Argentina.
I'm British, not USian, and we have a 'special interest' in Argentine politics. Our government made a statement (the usual one) about the islands after your elections. Not that many people here noticed, and it wasn't really aimed at a domestic audience anyway.
Ok that makes sense. We have a special back and forth with British people, with the Malvinas, Maradona and etc.
The thing about the islands is a tricky one, cause the 82 war was instigated by political (military at the time, it was a dictatorship down here) stuff. People died yes, young argentinian boys were killed by young british boys, and the Malvinas "should" have been ours, but it was not that black and white. We went to war when we shouldn't, and all was political.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

La concha de su madre boludo!
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image