Flu 2023

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Flu 2023

Post by TooOldToCare »

Got the flu Sunday (bad). Had to take today off work. The bathroom is getting a workout, and I slept from noon Sunday until 10 am Monday. I haven't had the flu for 20 years or more. I don't follow the flu and covid stories anymore. News cycles drain my batteries. Now I'm hearing, "There is a lot of ick going around right now." I work at home and am not around a lot of people in general, so no idea where this came from.

Has anyone been blessed with severe flu this year, or just me?
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: Flu 2023

Post by Wild Obsession »

TooOldToCare wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:35 am Got the flu Sunday (bad). Had to take today off work. The bathroom is getting a workout, and I slept from noon Sunday until 10 am Monday. I haven't had the flu for 20 years or more. I don't follow the flu and covid stories anymore. News cycles drain my batteries. Now I'm hearing, "There is a lot of ick going around right now." I work at home and am not around a lot of people in general, so no idea where this came from.

Maybe if you had skipped the MAGA rally and got vaccinated instead, you wouldn't have gotten sick............
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Flu 2023

Post by TooOldToCare »

Wild Obsession wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:04 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:35 am Got the flu Sunday (bad). Had to take today off work. The bathroom is getting a workout, and I slept from noon Sunday until 10 am Monday. I haven't had the flu for 20 years or more. I don't follow the flu and covid stories anymore. News cycles drain my batteries. Now I'm hearing, "There is a lot of ick going around right now." I work at home and am not around a lot of people in general, so no idea where this came from.

Maybe if you had skipped the MAGA rally and got vaccinated instead, you wouldn't have gotten sick............
That only applies to a couple nitwits around here. I had my vaccines. Flu only covers about 60% of the strains out there.