Christmas, Florida style - 1 dead, 1 injured in family presents fight

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Christmas, Florida style - 1 dead, 1 injured in family presents fight

Post by GoodJudge »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67825635

Two teenage brothers have been arrested after their sister was shot and died during a row over Christmas presents.

The 23-year-old was shot in the chest by her teenage brother while she had her 10-month-old son in a carrier, the Florida sheriff's office said.

The boy was then shot by his older brother who took out his own gun, Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said.

Adding that the shooting followed an argument over who was getting more presents.

Sheriff Bob Gualtieri told reporters the older teenager, aged 15, ran from the scene and tossed his gun away.

The younger brother, aged 14, was taken to hospital in a stable condition and will be taken into custody when he is released, police said.

‐-------------------

I cannot fathom a national mindset where not only is it perfectly normal for 14 and 15 year olds to have their own guns, but equally acceptable for them to be armed in their own home whilst opening Xmas presents.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Re: Christmas, Florida style - 1 dead, 1 injured in family presents fight

Post by cowpins »

I once couldn't fathom it either, and then one day a small, yet, vocal group of our elected officials made it perfectly normal.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Cindy Buzzedimisa
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

If you read the news report, not the above link, what happened isn't that surprising. Those boys were known thugs with mile long rap sheets and were reportedly always carrying. Always stealing and prowling cars, and they're kids so you can imagine what their parents are like. Their names and pictures are online so I take it they're being tried as adults. I think their parents should get charged too.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Forget it. It's Florida.
ImageImage
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

He said that the brothers got their guns by “stealing them from unlocked cars, they’re out in the middle of the night doing car burglaries,”
I really think we need tougher laws to deal with these kids. They are not getting the consequences they should get," the sheriff said.
Maybe hold the "responsible" gun owners accountable too.
ImageImage