I survived a Tornado

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

I survived a Tornado

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Well my Xmas day was fun we had a tornado rip through where I live, was the scariest thing I have ever been through, only minor damage to where we live (tree went through a bedroom window and some tiles ripped off the roof) power has been out since Xmas day and only came back on a few hours ago, so how was everyone else's Christmas?? haha
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Re: I survived a Tornado

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Had one go right through my neighborhood 5 days before Christmas back in 2022. Minimal damage, but holy fuck, what a nightmare it was sitting through that thing.

I still suffer from PTSD.

Glad you are okay!
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

We went through that bad hurricane in Florida circa 2014ish.
It was a bad one.
Our first, so we stayed.
Power was out for 10 days.
Sucked ass.
Glad you got through with minimal damage and everyone is safe
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

A couple years ago, I was laying down, about to take a nap, when I heard some rustling outside and the house started to shake. It was rainy and windy out so I was just like "Dang, it's getting bad out there." Didn't think anything of it.

Minutes later, my girlfriend calls me sobbing, just hysterical, could barely speak. Which was REALLY unlike her; of the two of us, she's the levelheaded one.

A tornado touched down right in front of her. She was in a drive-thru getting some tacos and watched the tornado destroy the bank next door. Just by sheer luck, the tornado didn't move in her direction.

The noise I heard was the same tornado, minutes earlier, destroying our neighborhood just a block away. We were several miles away from each other and we both just barely missed being severely injured or possibly killed by the same tornado. It missed her by literal yards. My hair stood up when we drove by there the next day.

I never want to hear that in her voice again. It was absolute terror.

One of those things where if I think about it, I'm filled with gratitude obviously, but if I linger on it too much, I start to freak myself out with all the near-misses we get in life.

Like when I almost got hit by a train, but that's a story for another time.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:43 pm A couple years ago, I was laying down, about to take a nap, when I heard some rustling outside and the house started to shake. It was rainy and windy out so I was just like "Dang, it's getting bad out there." Didn't think anything of it.

Minutes later, my girlfriend calls me sobbing, just hysterical, could barely speak. Which was REALLY unlike her; of the two of us, she's the levelheaded one.

A tornado touched down right in front of her. She was in a drive-thru getting some tacos and watched the tornado destroy the bank next door. Just by sheer luck, the tornado didn't move in her direction.

The noise I heard was the same tornado, minutes earlier, destroying our neighborhood just a block away. We were several miles away from each other and we both just barely missed being severely injured or possibly killed by the same tornado. It missed her by literal yards. My hair stood up when we drove by there the next day.

I never want to hear that in her voice again. It was absolute terror.

One of those things where if I think about it, I'm filled with gratitude obviously, but if I linger on it too much, I start to freak myself out with all the near-misses we get in life.

Like when I almost got hit by a train, but that's a story for another time.
I believed it up until the girlfriend part.
:mrgreen:
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:50 pmI believed it up until the girlfriend part.
:mrgreen:
:lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Goddamn Electric
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Goddamn Electric »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:43 pm Like when I almost got hit by a train, but that's a story for another time.
Were you trying to one-up Hank Ackley by chance?
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I was visiting my aunt in Denver, CO as a five or six year old kid. I had just seen The Wizard of Oz like a day or two before. Tornado warnings sounded and we hunkered down in the basement. I was freaked the fuck out thinking we were going to be whisked away to foreign lands. You could see it out the little skylight thingie. It passed without incident but I remember that whole thing really well.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

My dad's best friend from school joined the Royal Air Force and became a fighter pilot, flying Tornados amongst other things. Over the years many of his graduating class died in crashes. He didn't, so you could say he survived a tornado. The nearest he came to disaster was when one engine failed during take off as a goose flew into it.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Goddamn Electric wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:10 pm
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:43 pm Like when I almost got hit by a train, but that's a story for another time.
Hank Ackley!! :lol:
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:43 pm

Of course. You've always been the crybaby.
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:43 pm My hair stood up when we drove by there the next day.
:lol:

I picture Chip Z' Hoy with the Dexter Holland hair
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Goddamn Electric wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:10 pm
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:12 am
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:43 pm

Of course. You've always been the crybaby.
So all these years, you've been running terrified from a CRYBABY every time they respond to you? That's funny.
Olivia Sophia
Recording Your Demo

Post by Olivia Sophia »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:13 am We went through that bad hurricane in Florida circa 2014ish.
It was a bad one.
Our first, so we stayed.
Power was out for 10 days.
Sucked ass.
Glad you got through with minimal damage and everyone is safe
In retrospect, I guess you wouldn't do again