Which computer speakers do you use?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Which computer speakers do you use?

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

My old Logitech speakers finally busted over the holiday weekend.

Bought the Bose companion 2 series III online and I hate them. Sounds like listening to music through a telephone or something.

I don't have much space on my desk so the smaller the better. And I'd prefer something without a subwoofer. Any recommendations for computer speakers?
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Which computer speakers do you use?

Post by MattleyCrue »

Just use a lap top these days so none.

It’s not late 90s anymore where you needed a nice speaker setup with subwoofer with a desk top and big desk setup lol
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

MattleyCrue wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:54 pm Just use a lap top these days so none.

It’s not late 90s anymore where you needed a nice speaker setup with subwoofer with a desk top and big desk setup lol
This is true.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

I use my personal laptop as my work laptop for most of my work. Since it is used for everything, I have a set of studio monitors on the desk. Nothing fancy or expensive.

These: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0877 ... UTF8&psc=1

$70.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

These guys, hooked into my audio interface.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015U623GW/re ... =UTF8&th=1

good stuff - i used to record through them, now they just sound good when i'm playing guitar, or anything, really. Good price for what you get
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

HueyRamone wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:10 pm These guys, hooked into my audio interface.

good stuff - i used to record through them, now they just sound good when i'm playing guitar, or anything, really. Good price for what you get
The description says these can connect via Bluetooth. The pictures don't appear that they do. Would these work in a small den to stream music through in stereo? Good volume at 50watts? Decent bass?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I recently got a bluetooth record player and needed some speakers and ended up upgrading to an Amazon Alexa Echo Studio w/ subwoofer and am somewhat happy. I turn the record play on and the Studio connects automatically. My only complaint is the the subwoofer doesn't connect to the record player. It only connects when playing music via the smart speaker. "Hey, Alexa, play music". Any ideas if I can get both the Studio AND subwoofer to connect as just bothtooth speakers?

And I get them on sale for pretty much half off.

https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Studio-with ... B0848JKH25
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:59 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:10 pm These guys, hooked into my audio interface.

The description says these can connect via Bluetooth. The pictures don't appear that they do. Would these work in a small den to stream music through in stereo? Good volume at 50watts? Decent bass?
I dont know about bluetooth, cause I dont use it. If the description says they do, they prolly do.

Good volume. Decent bass. They're really my only speakers at home
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

presonus eris 8 studio monitors through an ssl2 audio interface...no complaints...d.m.
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

What’s a computer?