What's your goto energy drink?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Engine13
Headlining Clubs

Re: What's your goto energy drink?

Post by Engine13 »

All I drink is spring water and pussy juice.
I recently cut out milk because of the sugar content. Zero alcohol for 10 years and Zero caffeine for 3.
So to answer the question, pussy juice....pussy juice is my energy drink.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

eddie lee roth wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:11 am
GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:46 am I have my hands wrapped around a nice, hot, steaming mug of Peet's Major Dickinson blend dark roast and it is GLORIOUS...
Not sure if you’re talking about coffee or jacking off.
He said major, not minor.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Funkychik02
Resident Gamecrush Playdate

Post by Funkychik02 »

I like Celcius, they feel fancy to me. I also like Monster Rehab.
Donnie Vie wrote:
I only read magazines you buy in the store that come on shiny paper.
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

Funkychik02 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:47 am I like Celcius, they feel fancy to me. I also like Monster Rehab.
Cool, a Funkychic sighting. What flavor? Specifics are required.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

On the way back to Vegas the other day, I bought out two entire rows of Prime at the Flying J in Mesquite, where they always have a huge selection. I bought all the original flavored Primes, as well as the Orange Mango.
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

My work buys a bunch of snacks and drinks every couple of weeks. Got them to buy a bunch of Celsius powder mixes. Makes 42 drinks. Hope they’re good! I’ll find out tomorrow.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Those power mixes will def jack you up....especially if snorted.....so I heard.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

cowpins wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:27 pm Those power mixes will def jack you up....especially if snorted.....so I heard.
He might try to mix them with Faygo.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Ever heard of Bucked Up? Probably not.

A couple years ago when I was driving through the mountains in Duck Creek Village in Utah, I stopped at this mom-and-pop store in the tiny town and they had a new energy drink called Bucked Up. I remember really liking the Rocket Pop flavor. They haven't got it in Vegas yet, but I hadn't seen it in ages since I (thankfully) don't go through Utah often, but on the way home from Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend the other day, I stopped at the Samco in Kanab and saw Bucked Up there.

I bought two cans of Rocket Pop, one called Gym N' Juice, and one called White Gummy Deer. :lol:

White Gummy Deer is a "pineapple gummy bear" flavor, similar to the white gummy bear-flavored Reign, which I thought was decent. Gym N' Juice flavor is described as "With Gym n' Juice, we had to pay homage to those classic west coast vibes. This citrusy, smooth flavor drives you to early-coastal '90s. Even if you weren't there for the greats -- The Chronic, California Love, It Was a Good Day."

I'll probably like GNJ a little better, but this little company is growing pretty fast. It's mostly a pre-workout/supplement company, but they make some damn fine energy drinks. https://www.buckedup.com/

Looking at this label, I get 300mg of caffeine, 1,470% of Vitamin B6, and 8,333%(!!!) of Vitamin B12 in each can. :shock:
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

When last in Cali, I hung out a bit with this Beverly Hills chick. Hot as hell and WAY into working out. Too much. Huey would blow a load if she just walked by him.

She drank Bucked Up as a pre workout! I remember her telling me about it. That name is easy to remember!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:51 pm She drank Bucked Up as a pre workout! I remember her telling me about it. That name is easy to remember!
That's what's crazy (and cool) about a lot of these new-school energy drinks... Bucked Up, Celsius, C4, etc. They're energy drinks and they taste awesome, but they're also good to drink before a workout! I don't care about the health benefits at all with them (never did), but they accelerate metabolism and burn body fat now? Crazy!

I'd always joke with my co-workers how they aren't necessarily "healthy", but I'm not getting calcium, Vitamin C/B6/B12, biotin, chromium, and other shit in a Pepsi or Mountain Dew.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

I couldn't get my usual small cans so I got this, which is a different brew than I usually drink.
I heated some and IT'S SO FRIGGIN' GOOD!

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Nate S Axel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:46 pm I bought two cans of Rocket Pop, one called Gym N' Juice, and one called White Gummy Deer. :lol:
Turns out they had ANOTHER new flavor last week -- Cherry Candy. I bought one can and drank it on the drive home, and it was SO GOOD that I had to make a return trip to buy out the rest of the row.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I used to drink Sugar Free Red Bull. I think I only started drinking it because David Lee Roth mentioned he was drinking it on his radio show. That's how long ago that was!

Right around that time, I took a Hangover (movie) energy shot. The first time I did it, I did not have any reaction but the 2nd time was insane. My nose started itching real bad and I turned beet red. It took like an hour to calm down. I just threw a cold towel over my head and drank like 10 bottles of water. Never again!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:42 am I used to drink Sugar Free Red Bull. I think I only started drinking it because David Lee Roth mentioned he was drinking it on his radio show.
Don't feel bad. There are people who mangled one of their ears and turned gay because they were into Paul Stanley.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Bucked Up Cherry Candy flavor finally became available to buy online February 14th, so I thought two cases each of that one, as well as two cases of Prime Energy Drink (original flavor).

Bucked Up is still only in Utah, and for whatever reason, 711s and grocery stores have every flavor of Prime except the original flavor.

Fortunately, I like so many different kinds of energy drinks now -- Prime (all flavors but blue raspberry), Bucked Up, Celsius (grape), Rockstar (Whipped Orange), NOS -- because in the past I'd get hooked on one flavor (Full Throttle Orange -- my all-time favorite), and then they'd stop producing it. These new brands are pretty big now, so odds are they'll always be around at least.

HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

One Coca-Cola in the morning and one at lunch, then water the rest of the day. On very rare occasions I will have a Mountain Dew Kickstart.

Coca-Cola had a "Coke with Coffee" product for a little while, the vanilla one was OK.

I have tried several of the supposed "better tasting" energy drinks and they all taste like flavored metal to me.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Giving ProBaller Ultra Premium Energy Drink its first try today.

Loaded with some much awesome stuff I have no idea what it is.
https://proballer.com/
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

I gave Rockstar Focus a try, buying a can of Lemon Lime and Honeydew Melon. The main Rock Star Energy Drink is one that has a distinctive taste (like Monster), and if that's all a place had or somebody offered me one, I'd drink it.

I figured I'd check out the Focus flavors. No calories, no "sugar", no carbs, and apparently has Lion's Mane in it. I don't care about all the healthy benefits, just the taste... it's just an added benefit that the new-school energy drinks are even healthier.

The verdict on the first can (Lemon Lime) was that it has a weak taste. I don't know what the other no/low-calorie and sugar free energy drinks (Prime, Celsius, C4, etc.) have in them where they still taste sweet, but they're all stronger-tasting than this one, so whatever the sugar substitute is, they should add it to the Rockstar Focus drinks.

I haven't tried the Honeydew Melon flavor yet since I have a few other kinds in the fridge (Prime Original Flavor, Bucked Up Cherry Candy, Celsius Grape, C4 Orange, C4 Purple Frost), so it'll probably move to the back of the line since the taste is weak.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Current favorite energy drinks:

1 / Prime - Original Flavor
2 / C4 - Orange Slice
3 / Bucked Up - Cherry Candy
4 / Celsius - Sparking Grape Rush
5 / Prime - Orange Mango
6 / Prime - Lemon Lime
7 / NOS - Original (NOT the sugar-free one, I actually dislike that one for NOS)
8 / NOS - Grape
9 / Rockstar Boom - Whipped Orange
10 / Full Throttle

The top two are very close, and 1-4 even depend on my mood, but I would choose Prime Original most of the time.

Discontinued favorites:
Orange Full Throttle / Full Throttle Fury (all-time favorite)
C4 - Cotton Candy
C4 - Twisted Limeade

Prime is growing ultra-fast, but I still narrowly like C4 overall as my favorite energy drink brand. Bucked Up would be better if they were available in Vegas; it's been almost two years since I first tried one in Utah, and it's not here yet. It's the tortoise versus the hare when it compares to C4 and Prime.

For better or worse, C4 is growing fast as well coming out with new flavors and flavor combinations, which then phases out previous flavors (some which I really liked). I didn't like the Skittles and Starburst flavors that they were obsessed with promoting for awhile. Those are still around, but at least they have tons of other flavors in two sizes now.
RhiannNightfire
Heartless Bipolar Bitch

Post by RhiannNightfire »

Bucked Up is actually pretty popular in the Midwest, as I lived in Missouri for about 6 years and just came back to TN in November and it sells well there. I haven't seen it down here, but admittedly, I haven't looked either.

That said, Monster Lo-Carb is my go-to, followed by Diet Dr Pepper or Diet Coke. NOS Zero is pretty good too, so I'll grab that if the store is out of Monster Lo Carbs.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Bought 4 12’s of Celsius. Also, 3 boxes of the Celsius Powders!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!