Stanley Cups

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Stanley Cups

Post by MattleyCrue »

Wtf is all the fuss about

I keep hearing about these on a daily basis.

You people on the Stanley cup craze?

I have a Yeti that I will bring on golf course
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Stanley Cups

Post by Turner Coates »

Because of how they were marketed, with a strong online/social media presence, they are treated like a fashion accessory more than a cup or water bottle.
It's a textbook example of what used to be called "mall mentality."
"All the cool people on Tic Toc have them, so I need one too."

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

It's some of the most white people shit I can think of.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Wife got one from my daughters for Christmas in 2022. Were popular then. Not like now. Basically, they're just a Yetti with a handle and a reusable straw.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:46 pm Wtf is all the fuss about

I keep hearing about these on a daily basis.

You people on the Stanley cup craze?

I have a Yeti that I will bring on golf course
Some woman's car burned, and her Stanley Cup apparently still had ice in it after the fire was put out.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Turner Coates wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:57 pm Because of how they were marketed, with a strong online/social media presence, they are treated like a fashion accessory more than a cup or water bottle.
It's a textbook example of what used to be called "mall mentality."
"All the cool people on Tic Toc have them, so I need one too."
Similar to how certain bands used to place screaming teens in the audience at their shows?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Fuck hockey.
ImageImage
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

It's probably one of those teenage things where if enough people have it, you want it, even if other products will do just as well. Not much different than a Trapper Keeper, Air Jordans or Cabbage Patch Kids in the '80s.

The media just likes to find the most hysterical nutjobs on Tiktok and use them as examples of the "general public" in news stories.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I went to Target to try and get the pink one. They were already sold out and they told me they don’t carry the pink pussy stocking caps either.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I only drink Folgers from my Stanley cup.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Mister Freeze wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:22 am It's probably one of those teenage things where if enough people have it, you want it, even if other products will do just as well. Not much different than a Trapper Keeper, Air Jordans or Cabbage Patch Kids in the '80s.

The media just likes to find the most hysterical nutjobs on Tiktok and use them as examples of the "general public" in news stories.
At least Air Jordan’s are still cool. Jordan 1s are the best
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

MattleyCrue wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:43 am
Mister Freeze wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:22 am It's probably one of those teenage things where if enough people have it, you want it, even if other products will do just as well. Not much different than a Trapper Keeper, Air Jordans or Cabbage Patch Kids in the '80s.

At least Air Jordan’s are still cool. Jordan 1s are the best
Just realized...I've never owned a pair of Jordan's. I own some Asics and New Balance.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

"LEMMEE HEAH YUH, PEOPLE!!!!!! YOU LIKE MY....... CUP?????"
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Is it like a wrestling fan spending 400 bucks on a belt? https://shop.wwe.com/en/wwe-winged-eagl ... itle-belt/
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

"PEOPLE!!!!! If you wanna see me pee, you just gotta say: 'Pauuuuuuuuuuulllllll.... I wanna C-U-P!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
VincentVanWinger
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by VincentVanWinger »

I totally get the psychology behind the cups. What’s funny is it used to be Yeti and Tervis and others. It’s not like a heavy pretty cup is new. There are knock offs on Amazon for $18 that get better reviews. But they don’t say Stanley.

Thing is the $95 Nikes are substantially better than the $19 look a likes at Walmart. That’s not even the case with these cups. They aren’t even leak proof and the special pink ones don’t do anything the beige or black ones don’t do. It is weird but I get it on some level. It’s just adults dopamine hunting. It’s the I have something you want but can’t have because it’s sold out and you had to work.

It’s no wonder why the average household is 20k in debt. You know Mom has 2 of these cups and all 3 of her daughters have one each. Mom makes 35k a year and has spent $250 on water cups while there is $400 worth of old Yeti’s in the cupboard.

Our society is sick. But we all probably have something similar that we get dumb over.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

VincentVanWinger wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:38 pm I totally get the psychology behind the cups. What’s funny is it used to be Yeti and Tervis and others. It’s not like a heavy pretty cup is new. There are knock offs on Amazon for $18 that get better reviews. But they don’t say Stanley.

Thing is the $95 Nikes are substantially better than the $19 look a likes at Walmart. That’s not even the case with these cups. They aren’t even leak proof and the special pink ones don’t do anything the beige or black ones don’t do. It is weird but I get it on some level. It’s just adults dopamine hunting. It’s the I have something you want but can’t have because it’s sold out and you had to work.

It’s no wonder why the average household is 20k in debt. You know Mom has 2 of these cups and all 3 of her daughters have one each. Mom makes 35k a year and has spent $250 on water cups while there is $400 worth of old Yeti’s in the cupboard.

Our society is sick. But we all probably have something similar that we get dumb over.
Just looked in our kitchen cabinet. 3 Yetis, 3 Tervis’, a Stanley, and some other random ones. But…all were gifts. Seems to be the new easy gift. A trendy insulated cup/thermos.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

I have a Yeti from years ago. Don’t have one of these gaf Stanley cups and don’t plan on buying one and I can buy whatever I want
LAglamrocker wrote:
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

I’ve spent more money on little plastic toy soldiers than I care to admit… to each their own.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

A few years ago I did the following test with a $35 20oz Yeti & $9 Walmart 20oz Ozark.

COLD:
At the same room temp each cup got two cups of the same temp tap water and four ices cubes and sat for four hours.
Result: After four hours the Ozark was a few degrees colder than the Yeti.

HOT:
At the same room temp, each cup two cups of boiling water and sat for four hours.
Results: After four hours, the Ozark was a few degrees hotter than the Yeti.

$9 Ozark from Walmart for the win.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:22 pm Fuck hockey.
Yeah I came here ready to say - I don't know if NJ Devils will make the playoffs this year... so prob won't be adding to their 3x Stanley Cups!

This reminded me to see if it's the same company as Stanley tools. It is not. It's one of those things I've meant to look up since this shit started being a craze, but I forget everyday because it's not important. Thanks sludge!
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

cowpins wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:28 pm A few years ago I did the following test with a $35 20oz Yeti & $9 Walmart 20oz Ozark.

COLD:
At the same room temp each cup got two cups of the same temp tap water and four ices cubes and sat for four hours.

HOT:
At the same room temp, each cup two cups of boiling water and sat for four hours.

Who gives a fuck. Having a Yeti is cool. Having an Ozark means you shop at Wal Mart.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

:cry:
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:57 pm
Who gives a fuck. Having a Yeti is cool. Having an Ozark means you shop at Wal Mart.

Danzig in the Dark

cowpins wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:28 pm A few years ago I did the following test with a $35 20oz Yeti & $9 Walmart 20oz Ozark.

COLD:

HOT:

You eat microwave burritos from 7/11.
ImageImage
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:43 am

COLD:

HOT:

Yep. Not from Walmart.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Danzig in the Dark

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:57 am

Yep. Not from Walmart.
7/11 is the Walmart of convenience stores.
ImageImage
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:14 am
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:57 am
Yep. Not from Walmart.
7/11 is the Walmart of convenience stores.
That's the "greeter" sleeping by the dumpster.

Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Woman arrested after stealing dozens of Stanley cups in $2,500 heist, police say
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 311254007/

A 23-year-old woman was arrested in California after allegedly stealing 65 Stanley products worth approximately $2,500.

The Roseville Police Department, in an update on social media, said officers with the department on Jan. 17 responded to reports of a theft at a retail store in Roseville, roughly 20 miles northeast of Sacramento.

"Staff saw a woman take a shopping cart full of Stanley water bottles without paying for them," police said. "The suspect refused to stop for staff and stuffed her car with the stolen merchandise."

"While Stanley Quenchers are all the rage, we strongly advise against turning to crime to fulfill your hydration habits," said the Roseville Police Department.