Quiet riot video epic live 12.31.23 Ashtabula,ohio

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

jimbo92x
Wannabe Rocker

Quiet riot video epic live 12.31.23 Ashtabula,ohio

Post by jimbo92x »

https://youtu.be/Z13eZ_gyVX8?feature=shared

Quiet Riot was “Epic” at new Ashtabula Ohio venue.
By Jim Balentine
(Ashtabula,Oh)

Veteran all star rockers Quiet Riot returned to Northeast Ohio for the first time in many years Sunday December 31 as they celebrated New Year’s Eve at a new venue called“Epic live” located in Ashtabula,Ohio right near Lake Erie.

Now I must admit, I have been a fan of the band since I saw their first video for “metal health” on MTV back in 1983 and saw them countless times between 1992 and 2003 and love all the post qr 3 albums as one of my favorite all-time bands so being that this was the first time I’ve seen them since Kevin DuBrow passed away I was very excited to see what the band had to offer.

Long time veteran bass guitar player, Rudy Sarzo who returned to quiet riot a few years ago, along with Alex Grossi, guitar player who has been with the band since 2004, singer Jizzy Pearl, who has returned to the band..former lead singer of the early 90s band love/hate, and drummer Johnny Kelly who was the drummer for Type O Negative, and also for kill Devil Hill came out right out of the gate with their classic “run for cover” off of “metal health” and the race was on.

The crowd favorite “slick Black Cadillac” and the Slade cover “mama weer all crazee now” from 1984 had the fans pumping their fists in the air and singing along.

A newer song that was found on an iPod a few years ago that was recorded by the late great Kevin DuBrow and Alex in the early 2000s called “I can’t hold on” brought tears to the quiet riot faithful as memories of Kevin and also Frankie Banali ran through our heads as sung excellently by Jizzy. I would highly recommend watching the official video on YouTube and be prepared to have tissues handy.

The grinding “loves a bitch” off of “metal health” followed by three songs off of the 1984 “condition critical” album with “sign o’ the Times”, “party all night” and “condition critical”. The ballad “Thunderbird” off “metal health” and at that time was dedicated to the late great Randy Rhoads, who was the founder of the band followed, and Rudy Sarzo dedicated the song not only to Randy, but to Kevin and Frankie, who sadly have all passed on.

The surprise of the night was “blackout in the red room” by jizzy’s original band Love/hate from their first album. I haven’t heard that song live since 1991 at the old empire club in Cleveland when love/hate played there.

The underrated “wild and the young” off QR 3 always sounds better live than on the album. The shows ended before midnight with a triple hitter from “metal health” with “let’s get crazy”, and the two staples “cum on feel the noize” and “metal health” which left the good sized crowd with a head banging hangover. The band came back out to ring in the new year with owners Stacey and John and was a great way to end 2023.

The first opener was a thrash/melodic metal band from Parkersburg West Ca called “Truckstop” and they definitely brought their a game and won the crowd over. The lead singer Nash Morris could easily be from the 1980s with his style with amazing vocals that as they say “you can actually understand”. Jersey Larew on guitar definitely shreds but with melody, bass player Justin Ewing wearing a “Helloween” shirt (how cool!) kept the bottom end thumping and drummer Austin Erb was super tight on the backbeat. The play all over Ohio,Pa and west va so check them out in a town near you. They will be at Jergels on Feb 1st opening for Lynch Mob!

Never E-nuff was the 2nd band and was was all about my era growing up. Big hair and big 80s songs and flamboyance. It felt like 1986 all over again as they played hit after hit from the era from Autograph to LA Guns to Poison. The band definitely played to the crowd who definitely misses the era and was very entertaining. They are very popular on the Geneva on the lake strip playing to packed houses in the summer at Yankies, the famous Cove, and Sporsterz.

The “epic live” building was a former roller skating rink which Stacey and John took over and has plenty of room for many opportunities. The stage and sound system is massive with state of the art lighting and can easily hold 1,000 people on the floor. They still have hours for roller skating and have comedy shows booked and are planning to bring more national acts to a music starved area. And after having the steelheart singer Milos, Lynch mob, and quiet riot all in one weekend..epic live is on their way!! Check them out on Facebook and epiclive.live
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Quiet riot video epic live 12.31.23 Ashtabula,ohio

Post by LAglamrocker »

I still can’t believe people live in these type EPIC towns.
Why would you stay?
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

LAglamrocker wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:47 am I still can’t believe people live in these type EPIC towns.
Why would you stay?
I didn't read the review, but Wikipedia says Ashtabula was the site of FinnFestUSA in 2007, a celebration of Finnish-Americans! You missed out on that! They're probably all hardcore QR fans.

That also sounds like the future sight of AshbaFest! ASHBA IN ASHTABULA 2024.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

OP must work at that hellish place. Skating rink / music venue.

Middle of nowhere.

Type of people that would be excited to see QR WITHOUT any Shortino tunes being played. Absurd.

Oh...AND he posted it on the WRONG board!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

I think he's just shy.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Show some respect for The Legend The
Icon guitar God Alex Grossi!

I just assume everyone in that town lives in an igloo
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

If this is an unadulterated concert review, I’m all for it!
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch