What is the most overrated thing people love you do not understand?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: What is the most overrated thing people love you do not understand?

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:41 pm
VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:38 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:31 pm

The far-right ideological obsession in general by MAGAs and their typical knee-jerk right-wing outrage just frustrates me. Example: a white girl nursing student was unalived by some random dude with priors while jogging near the intramural fields at UGA in Athens Friday morning. Said dude was immediately revealed to be an undocumented Latino, so of course as soon as this happened the MAGAs immediately decided to play their favorite game of "pin the blame on the Biden administration's border policies" (complete with official outrage-feigning statements from Brian Kemp and a senator named Mike Collins). Had she been unalived by a black man they'd have been calling for a lynching mob. Had it been a man of her skin color, they would have simply shrugged their shoulders and skipped straight to the "thoughts and prayers"...
Did you just say “unalived”?
JFK dude.
I've seen other people use it. What's your problem with it?
The word is killed, murdered, dead etc…
How old are you?
Serious question.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:16 pm

JFK dude.
I've seen other people use it. What's your problem with it?
The word is killed, murdered, dead etc…
How old are you?
Serious question.
41. I've seen millennials my age use that word.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

It's usually used on social media platforms that will take down your video if you use suicide or murder. I've never heard it used IRL.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:02 am Trump. Obviously.

Won't list all the ways in which he's a disgusting pig, simply because their isn't enough room on this board.
The far-right ideological obsession in general by MAGAs and their typical knee-jerk right-wing outrage just frustrates me. Example: a white girl nursing student was unalived by some random dude with priors while jogging near the intramural fields at UGA in Athens Friday morning. Said dude was immediately revealed to be an undocumented Latino, so of course as soon as this happened the MAGAs immediately decided to play their favorite game of "pin the blame on the Biden administration's border policies" (complete with official outrage-feigning statements from Brian Kemp and a senator named Mike Collins). Had she been unalived by a black man they'd have been calling for a lynching mob. Had it been a man of her skin color, they would have simply shrugged their shoulders and skipped straight to the "thoughts and prayers"...
JFK dude.
Never seen anyone use that word before. Of course dmbrocker uses it :lol:
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Hellsinkey wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:53 am
Love_Industry wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:41 am
Also, cars and driving. Who cares as long as you get from A to B?
I have a driver's license, but the last time I drove was in 1997. I've always lived in a good location and have had no reason for a car. My girlfriend has a car and I could drive it, but have no interest. It doesn't Hurt my pride to sit in the passanger's seat either. Maybe I'll drive again one day.
Sounds almost like me, but I occasionally drive on vacations if we have a rental car. Once every 4-5 years.
Anyway, people who don't live in good locations have a reason to have and use cars, if only to get to the nearest supermarket.
It's the ones who love driving every day, talking about their cars etc I don't understand.
In Poland or the Balkans you're weird if you DON'T love cars and driving... go figure.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:36 pm Vinyl.
It made sort of sense when it was cheap and widely available. Now it's neither.
I never play my vinyls and if those I still have weren't signed or (somewhat) rare I'd probably get rid of them.
VinnieVincentsVag

TooOldToCare wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:44 pm It's usually used on social media platforms that will take down your video if you use suicide or murder. I've never heard it used IRL.
This
VinnieVincentsVag

Love_Industry wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:35 am
I never play my vinyls and if those I still have weren't signed or (somewhat) rare I'd probably get rid of them.
My wife asked me yesterday if I wanted to buy a record player/system.
I looked at her like she was crazy.
Talk about a cash drain.
The inly reason I would ever do that is to help band’s financially from buying their records.
Changes are, most of them don’t get anything/very little from that either these days.
No ty.

I understand the nostalgia and the physical aspects, but not for me this time around.
Last edited by VinnieVincentsVag on Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
VinnieVincentsVag

JFK dude.
What's your problem with it?
You do you.
I think it is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard.
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Yeah, it is a dopey word.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

i have just unalived this post
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

"Unalived" is so fucking stupid. Death, no matter the reason, is a part of life. If you're such a fucking pussy that you can't even hear the word "suicide," "murdered," "killed," etc, without breaking down, go unalive yourself. Everyone dies. It sucks. Suicide fucking sucks. But it's a thing. Get over it.

Anyway, I agree on both coffee and sports fanaticism. Also tattoos. People just can't fucking live unless they're scribbled all over the second they're legally able to be so.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
VinnieVincentsVag

Mojo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:26 am " Also tattoos. People just can't fucking live unless they're scribbled all over the second they're legally able to be so.
Especially face tattoos
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Okay, I get it, guys. I just used that word because I thought it sounded a bit trendier and cooler than just “murdered”. I guess I was wrong.😑 Gotta stay hip and relevant for the younger generation, you know?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

Hip and relevant? Here? Unstay yourself from this forum!
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

“Unstay”? That’s probably even more hip and relevant. I should use that one on the Manowar haters and tell them to unstay themselves from the hall!
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

It's not a long stretch from netspeak to Shakespeare: "Unstay thineself!"
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:21 pm I should use that one on the Manowar haters and tell them to unstay themselves from the hall!
:lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:03 am
Love_Industry wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:35 am
My wife asked me yesterday if I wanted to buy a record player/system.
I looked at her like she was crazy.
Talk about a cash drain.
The inly reason I would ever do that is to help band’s financially from buying their records.
Changes are, most of them don’t get anything/very little from that either these days.
No ty.

I understand the nostalgia and the physical aspects, but not for me this time around.
so my son got me into vinyl and I'm slowly stocking my collection with catalogs from the Stones, Beatles, Hendrix, Doors, Petty, Fleetwood, Marley, Bowie, Cash, etc.... Get most albums for under $15 and I love putting an album on, hearing the crackle, and listening to it the way it was intended to be listened to. Also hearing deeper tracks that I never heard before, so totally introducing me to newer music from some of my favorite bands.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Yeah, my whole thing is just making myself appreciate music again. Once I had the history of recorded sound bouncing around in my pocket, it all became background music for driving.

"Cash drain" is probably the most accurate description for buying vinyl. :lol:

And it never ends. I like Bowie so I gotta get Ziggy Stardust. Okay, now I need Hunky Dory. Before long, I'm buying a European deluxe reissue of Never Let Me Down.
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:48 am
Mojo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:26 am " Also tattoos. People just can't fucking live unless they're scribbled all over the second they're legally able to be so.
Especially face tattoos
Or women with mostly monochromatic sleeves. Up close the detail can be really cool when you can discern it, but from more than five feet away it looks like they stuck their arm in an oil recycling drum.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Especially face tattoos
Other than Tyson and a couple of today’s entertainers every one with a face tattoo are guaranteeing themselves to a lower income bracket.

Nothing says I’m stupid and don’t care quite like a face tattoo.
VinnieVincentsVag

eddie lee roth wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:14 am
Especially face tattoos
Other than Tyson and a couple of today’s entertainers every one with a face tattoo are guaranteeing themselves to a lower income bracket.

Nothing says I’m stupid and don’t care quite like a face tattoo.
I have about 10 tattoos, but can cover therm all up with short sleeve shirt.
Conscious decision
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Especially face tattoos
A guy I used to work with had been a tattooist for years, variously part and full time. One of our younger colleagues asked him about getting a face tattoo. He said he'd never do them because he'd seen a lot but he didn't know anyone who hadn't regretted it in the end.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

GoodJudge wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:41 pm
Especially face tattoos
A guy I used to work with had been a tattooist for years, variously part and full time. One of our younger colleagues asked him about getting a face tattoo. He said he'd never do them because he'd seen a lot but he didn't know anyone who hadn't regretted it in the end.
I have full sleeves on both arms. It's been 10-15 years since I've gotten a tattoo. I don't regret them. I also have a half dozen other tattoos that are typically not visible. I didn't get my first until close to 30 years old, so there was never this rebel-just-turned-18 thing involved. My "theme," if you will, are chapters of my life. It's my story and means something to me. I don't notice them when I see myself in the mirror they've been a part of me for so long, and I don't care what others think at this point in life.
LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs

Post by LadyJaneGrey »

Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. That seems to be the top flavour for most people, and I've never understood why.
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Hellsinkey wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:53 am
Love_Industry wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:41 am
Also, cars and driving. Who cares as long as you get from A to B?
I have a driver's license, but the last time I drove was in 1997. I've always lived in a good location and have had no reason for a car. My girlfriend has a car and I could drive it, but have no interest. It doesn't Hurt my pride to sit in the passanger's seat either. Maybe I'll drive again one day.
I hate driving, but in Los Angeles, I have no choice. I have situated my life, that I don't have to drive much, but I still hate it.
I wish we had a subway system like NYC.
Every time I go to New York, the subway is the thing that enamors me the most! You can get anywhere in 10 or 15 minutes!
Why can't we get this in LA???
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

Julia Roberts. Every guy I know is in love with her but I always thought she was fug. Good hair that's it. Her lips gross me out no end. And I hate how every movie promo of hers shows her horsey laugh. Oh well, she neighing at me all the way to the bank.

Not understanding the water cup craze. Stanley, Yeti, whatever. Why would you want to lug around a big metal cup all day like its your binky? Water is very easy to come by if you're thirsty.

Expensive cosmetics. No one's going to know what brands you used when they see you. You're paying for the packaging which you can't wear.

Long ass fake nails. You can't do anything without having to be conscious of them. Something as simple as pulling out your credit card becomes an ordeal. Is it really worth the hassle? That's just one of the women's trend I think are dumb. Not a fan of fake eyelashes, over inflated lips or the ten pounds of makeup you see women on Tik Tok piling on. That can't look good IRL.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

The overuse of technology, smartphones, K-pop, 99 cent pizza...

How about family life in general? Having a Peg Bundy at home, raising a bunch of kids that hate you, living in a house you don't like and having a job you can't stand just to support Peg and the brats and the house the misery built.

Somebody get me a beer and an Oxycontin. The old man is grumpy this morning.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

James Dean.

A fair to average actor who made 3 movies then fatally wrecked his car. One of the original causes of "the deader he gets, the better he was" myth.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."