Pet Owners Question

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeilC
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Pet Owners Question

Post by NeilC »

I have never owned any pets and I've heard that for example, a dogs unconditional love is something really special. I don't doubt it. So my question is this: i know that most people-I guess all? Will talk to their pets and say things like, " Hang on!", "Do you want to go outside?" etc. But do you ever find yourself having like a deep conversation with your dog or cat, where you let out your feelings and your life to them? I know that may sound like a really stipid question, but I honestly wonder. I just don't know how strong or what that kind of bond is like with a pet you love.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Pet Owners Question

Post by HueyRamone »

You're right, that is a stipid question.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

NeilC wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:17 am I have never owned any pets and I've heard that for example, a dogs unconditional love is something really special. I don't doubt it. So my question is this: i know that most people-I guess all? Will talk to their pets and say things like, " Hang on!", "Do you want to go outside?" etc. But do you ever find yourself having like a deep conversation with your dog or cat, where you let out your feelings and your life to them? I know that may sound like a really stipid question, but I honestly wonder. I just don't know how strong or what that kind of bond is like with a pet you love.
I talk to my dog a lot. She's smart and understands quite a few words.
Here are some words she definitely knows the meanings of:

outside....go for a ride....treat....snack....carrot....hot dog....bed/beddy bye...go to your bed....speak/talk/tell me....kitty....and more.

If I tell her someone is "coming over," she'll go hang out by a window where she can see the front door.
When I have aches and or pains, she seems to sense it, and will come give me a kiss.
She never barks unless I ask/tell her to "speak," or "tell me."

Her latest thing is, whenever I say, "Show me yoga," she puts her paws together, bows her head and crouches down."
The thing is, whenever I talk to her, she pays rapt attention. She's very eager to learn and interact.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

I’m glad I don’t have pets or friends
I’m pretending Lizzy Borden is my friend/pet tonight at Whisky
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

I don’t need a pet sitter tonight- I can do what the f*ck I want
Don’t need buy pet food ever..more cash for Dames & Games after Lizzy
Don’t need to scoop crap off the lawn or change cat litter box- just enjoy that Perth Australia MegaEvemt at 2am

Just made plans for more fun Sunday in San Diego no reason to go to stupidass dog park with the other bitch’s talking to the dogs-lonely dumbf*cks
Last edited by LAglamrocker on Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

What have you done with your life? Every post makes it seem like you've never done anything or had anything in life... ever.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Dogs be loyal and man’s best friend is total pile of dog sh*t
Dog runs away or gets new family- takes them about a week to find new “best” friend. With no memory of last owner.
Dogs are like Dames and Games strippers
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

That NeilC dog is lonely -unhappy and unhealthy
Dog probably eats left over KFC daily
Looking out window dreaming of going outside and never coming back
#doglivesmatter

Someone from Las Vegas needs to rescue this dog and give poor little dog fabulous life
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

LAglamrocker wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:03 pm Dogs be loyal and man’s best friend is total pile of dog sh*t
Dog runs away or gets new family- takes them about a week to find new “best” friend. With no memory of last owner.
Dogs are like Dames and Games strippers
Wrong.
My dog doesn't even go down to the corner to have a drink and a sniff with her friends unless she asks me first.

LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Drop dog off at Shannon Sharpe mansion in Hollywood
Dog won’t remember or care about previous life in record time
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

I tell my cat everything. My best anxiety support right after my wife...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

NeilC wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:17 am I have never owned any pets and I've heard that for example, a dogs unconditional love is something really special. I don't doubt it. So my question is this: i know that most people-I guess all? Will talk to their pets and say things like, " Hang on!", "Do you want to go outside?" etc. But do you ever find yourself having like a deep conversation with your dog or cat, where you let out your feelings and your life to them? I know that may sound like a really stipid question, but I honestly wonder. I just don't know how strong or what that kind of bond is like with a pet you love.
First off - I'd like to kindly ask you to work on your communication skills for a day or three. I had to re-read your post several times to figure out what the hell you were even talking about. I actually feel a bit stupider after reading it, like it temporarily rearranged my brain cells somehow.

Anyway to answer your question - I tell my dog 'how you doing buddy?' or 'you want to go for a car ride?', a deep conversation is impossible as they can't respond in English, only with big sniffs and Chewbacca type sounds.

It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

It’s not a stupid question at all. I have vented my feelings from time to time to my furry family over the years. Sometimes, you just have to let it out, and it’s nice to vent to a being that is nonjudgmental, and loves you unconditionally. No, they can’t answer you, but they can give you a head boop and demand belly rubs, which is just as good 😊
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:06 pm I tell my cat everything. My best anxiety support right after my wife...
This, but with my dog and not his wife. My dog is the best anxiety support I have and I'm his "support human". Incredibly smart and like TC said senses a shit load with me and reacts based on it.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

cowpins wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:29 am
GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:06 pm I tell my cat everything. My best anxiety support right after my wife...
I'm his "support human".
My cat also has anxiety so it does work both ways...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Would any of you freeze-dry your pet?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rever.html
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Nate S Axel wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:08 am Would any of you freeze-dry your pet?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rever.html
I'm just gonna dry mine out, stuff with candy and use as a piñata.

Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

ImageImage
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

our doggies, Big Moose ( a Chi Chi) and Ms. Millie, a dalmadoodle are intelligent. They understand words and will look for their "ball" if we say go get your ball. If we say toy, they grab one of their toys. They know: car ride, treats, hamburgers too. potty. etc. When I come home from work they are in the big window waiting for me. The smother me with attention when I walk thru the door. Ms. Millie will sit like a person on the couch beside me and watch tv while Big Moose barks at dogs or horses on tv.
I couldn't ask for better furry friends.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

keyofgee wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:52 am our doggies, Big Moose ( a Chi Chi) and Ms. Millie, a dalmadoodle are intelligent.
My dog is a Chion (Chihuahua/Papillon cross). Her name is also Millie.
I didn't name her. I got her from the Humane Association when she was a year old, and she was already named.
At first, I couldn't figure out where the name came from, but now I think I know.
She's the color of vanilla ice cream and I think she was named after "Milli Vanilli."

Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

People pretend their dogs are smarter than they are and that's part of the fun. They're a member of the family.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Rocker4Real wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:59 pm People pretend their dogs are smarter than they are and that's part of the fun. They're a member of the family.
Most dogs are smarter than their owners. If the owners were smart, they'd have a cat.
jens

Post by jens »

HueyRamone wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:35 am You're right, that is a stipid question.
No matter how stupid the topic, there's always a chance LAglamrocker chips in and we can all learn from it.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

My two understand a handful of words: walk, dinner, ball, toy, outside. I've heard they only understand tone of voice. I've tried different tones with the same words—no response. My old girl understands, "What do you want?" Always answer with a big Woo Woo.

Deep conversations? No. I don't bother having those with my wife. She's ADD and isn't listening half the time.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Turner Coates wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:33 pm
keyofgee wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:52 am our doggies, Big Moose ( a Chi Chi) and Ms. Millie, a dalmadoodle are intelligent.
My dog is a Chion (Chihuahua/Papillon cross). Her name is also Millie.
I didn't name her. I got her from the Humane Association when she was a year old, and she was already named.
At first, I couldn't figure out where the name came from, but now I think I know.
She's the color of vanilla ice cream and I think she was named after "Milli Vanilli."
My dog is a chion as well! 15 years old.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!