So When Can A Man Cry Now?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeilC
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

So When Can A Man Cry Now?

Post by NeilC »

I expect lots of jokes ( I know what site I am on) but I am seriously wondering as how, in this day and age men in their 40-50s generally seem to be more hands-on as father in terms of raising your children, doing housework, etc. That being said, does anyone know what the right code is as far as when men can cry? LIke I get it, loss of a loved one, a child..yes. The birth of your child, you cry. You get a puppy..cry. But what about other times that you think it is okay for a man to cry like if you lose majorly at gambling? The shit that your kids listen to, that they call music? I'd love to hear some ( hopefully) serious answers.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: So When Can A Man Cry Now?

Post by TooOldToCare »

When I clog the toilet before using a single sheet of TP, I don't know whether to get the plunger from the garage with my pants down and a dirty asshole, pile the paper on the clog, and hope for the best...either way, crying seems appropriate.
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

Only the children can cry. White Lion taught us that.
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

NeilC wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:00 am I'd love to hear some ( hopefully) serious answers.
No thank you.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Last time I cried was for Fremont Street concert announcements for 2023
Pretty sure Quiet Riot-Pearcy-Winger-Firehouse would take the calls in 2024

U cry when kid is born :lol: first thing kid sees is dad being a pussy
Cry for new puppy :lol: you must be Cody Rhodes
Last edited by LAglamrocker on Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

wasn't much of a crier when I was younger, not sure if this was because of societal norms or the fact that I didn't care about a whole lot back then. I definitely lost it when my Dad passed away, but not much otherwise.

but now it doesn't take much to trigger the waterworks - a movie, a song, something nice my daughter says to me, thoughts of my aforementioned father.

I'm not talking full "crybaby/inconsolable/runny nose" mode, but tears are shed.

and I don't give a fuck who witnesses it. :lol:
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I cried all during The Iron Claw movie.

Too many memories I’m crying right now thinking about that family.

And I’m crying on top of that over the cancer diagnosis news about Princess Kate.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Can you catch COVID19 through tears? Wear your N95 blindfolds to be safe. #BeLikeTenbenny
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Since I lost my father when he was 46 (me 17), almost any movie that depicts that scenario, or similar, makes me tear up.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Nate S Axel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:51 pm Can you catch COVID19 through tears? Wear your N95 blindfolds to be safe. #BeLikeTenbenny
Are those the same kind Walt and Jesse used to have to wear while working?
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

The older I gets the easier the tears well up...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Dog videos on IG
Military coming home surprising family
Cherry Pie
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

You can cry tough, but only to make your dreams come true. Anything else, you're a pussy.
ImageImage
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:02 pm Dog videos on IG
Cherry Pie
I hate dog “Rainbow Bridge” videos. I have a senior lab that will be lucky to make it 2-3 years more. I'll be a wreck when her time comes. We rescue adopted her 10 years ago, so she is about 11-12 now. Daddy’s girl, and sweetest gal ever.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Rocker4Real wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:28 am Only the children can cry. White Lion taught us that.
Unless you're RJD. He cries for them.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:43 pm
MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:02 pm Dog videos on IG
Cherry Pie
I hate dog “Rainbow Bridge” videos. I have a senior lab that will be lucky to make it 2-3 years more. I'll be a wreck when her time comes. We rescue adopted her 10 years ago, so she is about 11-12 now. Daddy’s girl, and sweetest gal ever.
❤️❤️❤️
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

You can cry whenever the fuck you want to. You can hug guy friends. You can tell people that aren't you wife or kids that you love them. I reached a point a few years ago when I realized I don't have to hide emotions just because I have a dick. I grew up the same way, where you hold that shit in and be a man and you're a faggot if you show any emotion that isn't rage. Fuck that. And if people earnestly give you shit for it, drop them. They aren't worth your time.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

I agree with Mojo. For me, I cannot remember crying (as opposed to teary-eyed) in 24ish years when my first wife died from cancer. She battled for three years, and it was a tragic last two days in hospice. When my Dad died in 2022 from Acute Myeloid Leukemia at the age of 83, I did not but welled up during the military salute at the graveside. Having had my wife's situation, I knew what was inevitable at the moment of his diagnosis, and he was gone in 3 months. I recently saw an IG from sports broadcaster Chris Fowler talking about how he felt more grief when his dog died than his parents. He didn't know why. He loved his parents dearly. He felt grief could manifest in ways he couldn't explain. I can't say I've had tears of joy, but that doesn't mean certain events like the birth of our first grandchild or a wedding didn't make me extremely happy. A movie or song rarely moves me to tears.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Everyone's different, so cry whenever you need to or want to. Don't hold back tough guy! Especially when trying to hang up your own wallpaper.
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

I see drunk guys crying all the time. Sometimes the reason they're at the bar getting drunk is because they got dumped or fired or something sad happened. Other times nothing is wrong they've just had too much and are getting emotional. When I see a customer all "I LOVE YOU MAAAAANN!!" with wet eyes its time to take their drink, hand them a bottle of water and offer to call them a cab.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Only so many tears you can cry.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Birth, death, weddings. That’s about it.

Not gonna lie… every time I see a 3 legged dog wagging its tail and tongue with the sun in his eyes, climbing up the stairs, just loving life without a care in the world. oh man, it gets me every time.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Brian's Song
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

Never, it's a sign of weakness.

Control your emotions....
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

It's different for everybody and there's no shame in. I don't know if my brother has ever cried. But it depends on how we're wired. A few years back my folks went back East for the funeral of my uncle. He was a nice guy I saw him every Christmas and thanksgiving. But I didn't feel inclined to make the trip. Nor did I cry. But that same week I learned of the murder of one of my best friends from my youth. I just started bawling. To this day I can still get choked up over it
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:04 am Birth, death, weddings. That’s about it.

Not gonna lie… every time I see a 3 legged dog wagging its tail and tongue with the sun in his eyes, climbing up the stairs, just loving life without a care in the world. oh man, it gets me every time.
Every time? How many 3 legged dogs are there?
ImageImage
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:19 pm
DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:04 am Birth, death, weddings. That’s about it.

Every time? How many 3 legged dogs are there?
LOL.. there are a few dog parks in the area. It's probably the same 2 or 3 dogs I keep seeing but it's beautiful every time.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

This morning. Texas has banned Xhamster.😢😩😭😢😭
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

my dad was murdered when I was 17 months old. I cant watch anything "dad" related without tearing up. Sometimes almost to sobbing. So I hide my face from my wife if she is in the room. She knows it happens but we don't talk about it. yea, its messed it but movies like Jack Frost, Ghost Busters Afterlife is another one. Damn Men in black got me too...

let the haters hate..
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

whenever the fuck you have to.
not WANT to.
HAVE to.
the "have" can be different for everyone.